(Topic ID: 10361)

2008 BDK ,, What's yr opinion's on the Pin ?

By BLACK_ROSE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by JIM_Z
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

!cid_0129121417.jpg
    The_SH-T_in_my_Face.gif
    Batmam_DK.jpg

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 12 years ago

I'm ( Think-n ) about Buy-n a Batman Dark Knight , I went to a friend's and play'd his Pimped out BDK . It was set on 3-ball , and it took just 1-game to make my hand's hurt , Had the Flipper's a- Goin.. I Liked it !!

I watched PAPA in his 4-part series , he went thru Every mode ( almost ) He stopped on Bruce Wayne . Who Here Own's or has Played BDK to give me some insight on the Pro's & con's ..
    The Good & the Bad of the Pin.. I need to know..

And do they come from Factory w/ the Tournament Topper ?

Make Sure you Watch the Video below of IM , TF LE , BDK . The Floor was Rumbling from Bass & The shaker's going .. We had a good Tyme..

Batmam_DK.jpgBatmam_DK.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I've been Talk-n w/ the Owner & Seller of this BDK on E-bay.. I got him down to 4K + $ 375 Ship-n

, and i was Still think-n that was a Lil-High.. After 2- more call's , I asked him to tell me the

Manufacture Date , he said June 16 2010 ,,, Sh*T ,, That's a Costco Home Brand . They only

made 48 ( What Mr Pinball say's ) He was shocked and I was too. If he would've agreed on

4K ship'd I would've Jump'd . what a Dumb-AZZ i would've felt like when it Arrived The_SH-T_in_my_Face.gifThe_SH-T_in_my_Face.gif

.. The Ebay listing is below...

ebay.com link: BATMAN DARK KNIGHT PINBALL MACHINE STERN HEATH LEDGER DC COMICS JOKER

#3 12 years ago

great game. I believe I'm getting one soon. Lot's of fun... Good thing you found out about the Costco model!

#4 12 years ago

I remember seeing BDK at a Costco, I'm kicking myself for not playing it.

#5 12 years ago

He said The Joker Didn't Turn , and The Bat mobile Dump Ramp wasn't a feature.. This All Started when I asked him if his BDK had the Tournament Topper..

#6 12 years ago

I really enjoy playing BDK. Its got some fun features like the crane and a very open playfield with good selection of shots that really make for a quick shooters table. Solid Gomez design with Lyman Sheats on software, if you can get one for a good price (which it seems like you always do) go for it. But by all means go pro not Costco version as you probably already know.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

Good thing you found out about the Costco model!

+1 on that!
    Even though it is a rare machine, I would be sad to not have the pro model.
    I'm sure you will find one B_R, your track record is proof of that!
    As for the play...
    BDK has a really great- crane.
    It does have some fun shots, but I just know Gomez could have made it so much MORE.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I'm ( Think-n ) about Buy-n a Batman Dark Knight , I went to a friend's and play'd his Pimped out BDK . It was set on 3-ball , and it took just 1-game to make my hand's hurt , Had the Flipper's a- Goin.. I Liked it !!
    I watched PAPA in his 4-part series , he went thru Every mode ( almost ) He stopped on Bruce Wayne . Who Here Own's or has Played BDK to give me some insight on the Pro's & con's ..
    The Good & the Bad of the Pin.. I need to know..
    And do they come from Factory w/ the Tournament Topper ?

Attachments Batmam_DK.jpg (267 KB, 0 downloads) 3 hours old

Even if it were the Pro Model i think 4k+ is too high. I paid $3500 (in Cali which is known for having higher prices on pins) for a HUO mint BDK & later traded it +$$$ for a nice SS. The Crane is a great toy but the rest of the game seemed boring. The Joker drop target is a SDTM drain almost half the time too.

I'd try n find one in the mid 3k's since you seem to more through pins pretty fast & it may be tough to get your money back if you spend 4300 with shipping.

#9 12 years ago

I'd go for the costco one at a lower price, the ramp and joker don't really add much except to slow things down a little. I'd check that the costco one can also be updated to the latest code as it added quite a bit on the pro model.
    I have the pro and it's a brilliant game. It could do with one final update to make some use of the missions and also to address the ridiculous amount of ramp shots you need to make to get Lucious lit.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from epotech:

I'd go for the costco one at a lower price, the ramp and joker don't really add much except to slow things down a little. I'd check that the costco one can also be updated to the latest code as it added quite a bit on the pro model.
    I have the pro and it's a brilliant game. It could do with one final update to make some use of the missions and also to address the ridiculous amount of ramp shots you need to make to get Lucious lit.

Costco version sucks. It also only has one version of game code available. I'd just wait for a decent BDK Pro to pop up if you're set on giving it a go.

#11 12 years ago

I thought it was a lot of fun....one of the surprises for me at the arcade....it's flying under the radar screen right now for some reason...

#12 12 years ago

Technically the Costco code is NEWER (v3.0) than the Pro code (v2.96 or something like that). I seriously doubt that Lyman expected v2.96 to be the last release for Pro.

Changes:

* Single slot coin door
    * No Joker reveal mechanism
    * No ramp diverter
    * No mini-playfield or ramp feed to the right flipper
    * No teeter-totter mechnism
    * Reduced general illumination
    * No Joker drop target
    * Plastic main ramp
    * Originally sold for $3299

#13 12 years ago

BDK is a fun game, but the more I play it, the more it starts seeming like a one-trick-pony to me. The crane feature is awesome, but once you take that away, there isn't much else.

Later,
    EV

#14 12 years ago

That guy should probably update his auction then.. still doesn't say anything about it being the "Costco model". Also he mentions it has a "teeter totter", which is odd 'cause the Costco one doesn't have that does it? If this one does, maybe it's a proto Costco?

Anyway I think BDK is great, especially after the last code release.

- B

#15 12 years ago

and this is why Stern's habit of splitting up into different models is going to be a huge pain in the ass in the future.

#16 12 years ago

I sure hope he updates that auction or he's going to have a very upset buyer if they don't do enough homework to figure it out ahead of time! Yikes!

As for the game, I love it. The crane is one of the best features ever. I really enjoy the combination of flow and stop/go styles. Great art package and sounds. Sure, the Joker can takes up a lot of real estate for a toy you don't really interact with, but it's a neat feature. The Batmobile teeter-totter is a little silly, but on the other hand it adds a nice little flair to what would have otherwise just been a simple return habitrail. I've heard of people adding extra lighting to make it easier to see, which I'm sure would help. I wish they would have added a little more variety to the rules, but they are pretty cool as is.

Overall it's a fun, beautiful, unique game that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle now. I think it stands up well even to the great Spiderman, and hope to have them side-by-side someday (with an Ironman thrown in for good measure). They would be a great compliment to each other.

$4k is probably too much for the real thing, much less for the Costco version. Mid-3s is probably more like it, but honestly they don't seem to come up that much. As for his Costco version, I'd be surprised if he got mid-2s for it unless he finds a sucker that doesn't know the difference.

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

BDK is a fun game, but the more I play it, the more it starts seeming like a one-trick-pony to me. The crane feature is awesome, but once you take that away, there isn't much else.

Later,
    EV

Do you Wanna Sale Yr's ?

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
    EV

+1. That's all there is to do that's fun on BDK unless you like shooting the center ramp 100 times. Bat signal multiball is a well thought out mode too though so maybe there are 2 fun things to do.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Later,
    EV
    +1. That's all there is to do that's fun on BDK unless you like shooting the center ramp 100 times. Bat signal multiball is a well thought out mode too though so maybe there are 2 fun things to do.

Sorry guys have to go -1 on all that.

#20 12 years ago

I Believe Everyone here Know's me by Now.. If it's Really that Shallow, and a 1-trick Pony Like EchoVictor say's,, I think I should Play it some Again B-4 i Jump..

But if you watched my video on the 1st Post, The led's , Shaker , FF Sound System , Amazing !!

I get Bored with Most Pin's in a Hurry Except for TZ & BSD for some Crazzy reason..

Thanxx a Bunch for All the Comment's and Tip's.. I Need some More Tyme on BDK i see ..

#21 12 years ago

Hey I owned that exact batman TDK in the bottom picture in the original post it was a HUO machine I owned for about a year+. I really liked the game, but I did not like how the theme was put together the voice acting is horrible. I also did not like spelling out batman to start modes, the targets are just hard to shoot for and it takes some practice. The modes in general I felt are also kind of boring compared to other games. Like other people say the Crane is the best thing on that machine. I also liked the path of the dead gadget stuff, but over all I sold it to get Transformers! and I am very happy I did so

Mat

#22 12 years ago

I've really enjoyed mine. Looks great, very fun and the theme is going to stay relevant. Docscott look out for the pictures.

#23 12 years ago

BR don't listen to some of these sons a bitches!! haha. Get a BDK, I have one and it is awesome. Ask yourself this..how many other games have you played that you say to yourself "that reminds me of..." well not BDK, cause there is no other games quite like it at all. I have had many short frustrating games that are eh...but when you get it rolling it rocks! I have blue led's in many GI spots which just makes it seem even a little more dark and mysterious. Play it more, you will love it!!

#24 12 years ago

Some of the worst playfield artwork I've seen on recent machines.

#25 12 years ago

BR heres my opinion just got back home, my new addition

!cid_0129121417.jpg!cid_0129121417.jpg

#26 12 years ago

Like i just told you on the phone ,, I want 1st dib's when you get Ready to sell..

Good score BigLaw...

#27 12 years ago

Hi. Just bought a great bdk for four k. U will love it.

#28 12 years ago

I've played it quite a bit, but have not owned it. My wife really likes it a lot for two reasons: she likes the theme, and she had really long ball times on it!

It would be easy for me to justify buying one since my wife likes it so much, but I really don't have any desire to own it. I'm not saying it is a bad pin or it sucks, because it can be fun to play for awhile, but if it was getting old to me playing it on location, I know it wouldn't last long at all in my home (I go through pins fast enough as it is).

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

I've really enjoyed mine. Looks great, very fun and the theme is going to stay relevant. Docscott look out for the pictures.

I just sent Drew a check so I'm counting on enjoying the game a long time.

#30 12 years ago

The first time I saw and played one I was a little disappointed; the ball times seemed to last too long and that giant spinning joker mechanism wasted a lot of space and missed the mark as a feature toy. I would rather it was themed based upon the comics and all that wasted space could have been the Ha Hacienda or something cool and interactive to route the ball through.

However, I played it a few times last year at a nearby bar and grill and was pleasantly surprised. The software seemed more complete and the moving crane toy was excellent. So, I think I could see myself owning this now, though it's behind Iron Man and a number of others in the pecking order. I guess in a home atmosphere, the settings and ball drains could be manipulated to make it a more difficult game.

If you're a big Batman or superhero fan, this probably wouldn't disappoint you.

#31 12 years ago

I had one for 3 years. I traded it for an Iron Man in November and haven't looked back.

The code is OK, but could be SO much better. I agree the best part of the game is the crane. Other than that, it's just kind of meh.

I kept it for 3 years mainly due to theme and lack of availability.

#32 12 years ago

I traded my LotR for a BDK and the BDK is way more fun for me. It's almost as good as my SM. And so I think it is the 2. best game I have ever owned. But it is very important to have the latest code and to exchange the figures with better ones: Movie Master Joker, Scarecrow, Batman in this stupid Sperman Pose was changed with a Twoface figure that i put over one bumper so it looks as he throws his coin (Coin Spinner)
    Then a few LEDs and a Shaker and this pinball rocks.
    With these easy to install mods the look of this machine is awsome and with the new code it plays fantastic.
    The movies are great but if you want to get in the mood for this theme read the comic books ( The Long Helloween, Dark Victory.....)

2 months later
    #33 11 years ago

Thought I'd Bring this Thread back,, any more info you guy's have Will be appreciated--

#34 11 years ago

I personally enjoyed BDK but some will say with one ramp and one major toy it gets old fast. I would definitely pick another one up if given the chance and a decent price.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

I personally enjoyed BDK but some will say with one ramp and one major toy it gets old fast. I would definitely pick another one up if given the chance and a decent price.

What's a Decent Price for this pin and Figure in Ship-n ? Reason being , I have an opportunity to get 1 ..

#36 11 years ago

I picked one up in a swap a couple weeks back. Traded my HUO LOTR + AFM for TRON LE + HUO BDK. It is perfect, and I bought the Cointaker super GI kit for it at TPF (it already had LEDs in the inserts). Of the three games I recently picked up (BDK, TRON and SM) I am playing BDK the least. I like it, but I don't know if it will be here forever. I definitely rate it 3rd of those 3. The voice calls really kinda suck. The fake Alfred and Lucius are pretty awful. It is a cool looking game, though. The 2.96 code is far superior to the older versions that I had played on location. Gomez hinted at another code update upcoming during his appearance at TPF, which would be awesome.

Mine doesn't have the shaker or a subwoofer, and I think I am going to have to grab them for it. My TRON LE has them, and they are difference makers. I am going to get unto the game a little more this upcoming weekend and see if it doesn't grab me a little more.

#37 11 years ago

Thanxx gambit , Alot of Mixed feeling's about BDK , but they All seem to head in the same direction !! You saw me behind the CoinTaker booth @ TPF , I wished you would've Hollered out or something , I can't read thru you with Yr Avatar .. ( LOL ) Thanxx for the info.. ( JackPot Rated )

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanxx gambit , Alot of Mixed feeling's about BDK , but they All seem to head in the same direction !! You saw me behind the CoinTaker booth @ TPF , I wished you would've Hollered out or something , I can't read thru you with Yr Avatar .. ( LOL ) Thanxx for the info..

We met briefly. Shook your hand at the CT booth as you were digging through the LEDs for that TSPP that had you tied up on Saturday morning.

#39 11 years ago

I met Alot of People there, Most asked or Knew who I was.. i wrote a few names down so I would rem- That was a Great show !!

#40 11 years ago

Yeah it was a good one.

#41 11 years ago

I was play-n BIBLE next to Gomez Sat-nite , ( after we were thru ) , we talked a bit about pinball. I mentioned to him that there wasn't a BDK in tha House.. He said that was odd !! I also mentioned Pinside to him and Quite a Few Member's and Owner's of BDK were wonder-n if BDK will Ever get another software Up-date , Gomez said to me " Possibly ".

#42 11 years ago

I have had my BDK for a few months now and it is a keeper for me!
    The only real two complaints I have about the game are the voice call outs and the crazy amount
    of ramp to mini playfield shots that are required to get the Lucius award. (still have not achieved that). Things I love about the game are the artwork (not the playfield), the crane is outstanding, the joker drop target, batmobile hurry up, bat signal multiball. With the latest software I rate it a top five Stern.
    Doug

#43 11 years ago

I've been thinking about getting one of these, but would like to play it again as it's been a long time. Anyone around Los Angeles have one I might be able to try?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from PNBLWZD:

I've been thinking about getting one of these, but would like to play it again as it's been a long time. Anyone around Los Angeles have one I might be able to try?

You could play mine, but you must come half the way around the world.^^

#45 11 years ago

OK, B_R, I got a good chance to really get onto BDK tonight. It is deeper than it gets credit for. I had to stop and look up the latest rule sheet to figure a few things out. If you get all the rules straight, this is a pretty awesome game. Stack, stack, stack. You can run almost every mode and Multiball on top of one another, and score mega points. You have to pay attention to the shot multipliers, which are the mines at the Scarecrow Crane stop points. They correspond to the main shots, and the two Gordon targets alternate giving you a countdown to a multiplier, with each shot. Once lit, you hit the shot you want multiplied x2 or x3 for the rest of that ball. You can get massive points if you multiply a shot that awards a Jackpot or Super Jackpot during one of the Multiball modes.

Once you get the Joker Multiball, the Scarecrow Multiball and the Batmobile Hurry Up, you hit the bat signal loop shot for Bat Signal Challenge. Then you hit the Joker, Scarecrow and Batmobile shots to light Batsignal Multiball, which awards Jackpots at each of those shots. But, you can take the risk of hitting all those shots again before starting the Batsignal Multiball, and double the Jackpot amounts, repeat x3, etc... But if you drain, you only get the points for hitting those shots and you lose the chance for the Multiball. High risk, high reward all over this machine.

The Scarecrow Crane is a cool toy, no doubt. I see how the Joker can be repetitious, but seeing as the Joker is probably my favorite literary character of all time, I love it. Getting every character lit is tough. Lucious takes a buttload of hits up the center Batmobile ramp to get lit. Joker and Scarecrow take starting each of their Multiballs 3 separate times, which isn't al, that easy. You want to try and stack Joker and Scarecrow, and have the Joker shot lit for multipliers during Multiball.

There is a Wizard Mode called GothaM City Multiball on BDK now, but I didn't get to it. I had everything but the Scarecrow lit, and biffed it 3 times shooting that damned crane and rebounding SDTM. Then I couldn't get anywhere close again.

My respect for this machine is much higher now than it was just earlier today. There are plenty of modes to get through, but the scoring opportunities have to be hit right in order to end up with a decent game. I am pretty stoked about the machine now.

#46 11 years ago

BDK is simply an awesome game. I was lucky enough to get a mint HUO for a very reasonable price. This machine will gain popularity for collectors cause it just plain frickin rocks! If anyone knows where to get a led bat signal topper let me know. BDK...BDK....BDK...

#47 11 years ago

Wow..... nice review gambit3113
    Doug

#48 11 years ago

I've played this pin quite a bit lately, and of all the "new-ish" games I've played, I really like this one the best. More than anything, the layout is just really nice, besides having some issues. Sure you can;t even really see the Bat-pod right orbit, the baltimore bridge is pure gimmick, the VOs are horrendous, but those can all be forgiven.
    Gambit had a great review and i can;t add much more, because i'm drunk, but i play TF because I have a beef with it. And Tron because I should be better at it. But BDK is just plain fun.

#49 11 years ago

Thanxx gambit ,, What a review !! There's Not a pin that I own that I could explain in Such detail from memory as you just did w/ BDK . Good Job ..

There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2008-bdk-whats-yr-opinions-on-the-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.