Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cl-jd.jpg
mmViVynulTiBxQZxRPsl-7w.jpg
20130728_122047.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Nice looking w topper. Everything works. No dead world mod.

I offered 1700$, then 1800$ and seller won't budge at 2k

Never playeD JD but am looking for a dmd

Is 2k a bit high?

#2 10 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum. Good luck.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is 2k a bit high?

Seems about right to me. Definitely add the deadworld mod if you get it.

#4 10 years ago

Sounds about fair, other will say a couple hundos high, but this game is gaining momentum. If fully working in good condition I think its a good deal. Its a fun game for sure.

#5 10 years ago

So debating this. Is it much harder to move than normal sized pins?

#6 10 years ago

if the pf and cab are good then yes 2k is ok. look for broken plastics and make sure the crane assy works and picks up the ball. The ramps are usually busted up at the entrances and look at the plastic above the subway it's always broken and hard to get. Lastly the drop targets sometime act up and go up and down in rapid succession but usually it's an easy fix.

#7 10 years ago

Seller says "limited edition gold"

Is there is difference?

#8 10 years ago

I would definitely want a nicely working deadworld mod at 2K.

#9 10 years ago

I just sold mine a couple of months ago for 2k with ledsand c cliffy ramp repaire kit. Look at the ramp that comes to right out lane its nomaly broken cliffy has kit for it vs paying $200 for a bare plastic ramp.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Seller says "limited edition gold"
Is there is difference?

There is no JD limited edition.... but maybe he sees the game has gold legs & assumes it is a limited edition of some kind? People will say anything to make an extra buck I guess.

#11 10 years ago

They did a gold run on the prototype machines.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

They did a gold run on the prototype machines.

Never seen one in pictures or anything, no mention of it on IPDB. Obviously this wouldn't be a limited edition though. Just early production. Any pics of the gold?

#13 10 years ago

The deadworld mod is $40. You would let $40 blow a $2K deal? Takes 10 minutes to install.

Quoted from centerflank:

I would definitely want a nicely working deadworld mod at 2K.

IMO a $1,400 - $1,600 game and yes, I do own one. Wait, and you'll find one for that price. If you have to have it today, $2K sounds about right. It's JD though, they made so many, just wait.

#14 10 years ago

$2k is pretty middle of the range on Dredd anymore, though I may be biased as I own one. They can go for as little as $1400, and really nice ones have sold closer to $3000 with mods and a lot of cosmetic work and such. Your average Dredd these days is a $2200 game. At $2k, it's a solid buy but not a steal, assuming Deadworld is working properly (no grinding noises from gears, no hesitations in its movement, crane lifts up balls and drops them as it should.)

I got mine on the low end of that, and it only needed minor work.

#15 10 years ago

Is this the one on Akron Craigslist??

#16 10 years ago

I looked for awhile before getting mine. $2,000 seems like the norm to me. That being said, I am suprised be didn't take $1,800.

#17 10 years ago

The proto jds had gold side rails and lockbar on them.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Is this the one on Akron Craigslist??

Yes

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The deadworld mod is $40. You would let $40 blow a $2K deal? Takes 10 minutes to install.

No guaranty the deadworld mod is going to work flawless once installed, I bought mine with known issues with the mod and never could get it to work after lots of tinkering so yeah, Id want one that works for 2k.

#20 10 years ago

Mate it needs deadworld mod or its not worth it, make sure if you add the mod it will work.......JD is a great game just got to be all their and working.

#21 10 years ago

If indeed it has the gold legs and side armor then yes 2k is pretty good deal. It's rare and it will be a good selling point if you ever wanted to sell it.

#22 10 years ago

I usually equate JD prices to DM. If DM can fetch $2k then I'd imagine this isn't crazy high especially since JD owners seem to like it way better.

#23 10 years ago

Looking at this pin tomorrow. Ill make sure to report back with an update!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Is 2k a bit high?

In Canada they are selling for $2,600 CAD right now.

#25 10 years ago

You can always wait for a better deal, but IMO, if you really like JD and don't want to wait, 2k is not a bad deal on a solid example. I personally like JD. If I had the space, I would be happy to own one.

#26 10 years ago

Judge Dredd is a $1400 game, folks. At least it was. When was that, a couple months ago?

#27 10 years ago

I would pay 2k for a JD. That game can sit next to my BBH any day.

#28 10 years ago

There is a deadworld test in the setup. If the deadworld isn't working, it's usually opto related. You don't need to pass on the game, just test for optos. Also, if the optos are bad Bay Area sells a new board for $25:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-JD-DWO-2S-3L

Yah, it's up to $65, but there are a lot of ifs and it's something you can test for. I went to install my mod and it didn't work, threw it in test, saw one of the optos were dead and just replaced the opto. Otherwise, just usually just a couple screws and a couple connectors. Test your optos and see if that's the issue.

Quoted from centerflank:

No guaranty the deadworld mod is going to work flawless once installed, I bought mine with known issues with the mod and never could get it to work after lots of tinkering so yeah, Id want one that works for 2k.

#29 10 years ago

As long as everything works I don't think $2k is a bad price on this game. As far as DW mod, I've read so many posts how working machines started having problems once the mod was added it doesn't seem worth it to me although it looks cool.

#30 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-fsft-central-nj-1650-winvisiglass-1450-without
this was not long a go its a nice pin. i think $1500 tops unless its minty colector quality.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jd-fsft-central-nj-1650-winvisiglass-1450-without
this was not long a go its a nice pin. i think $1500 tops unless its minty colector quality.

That did look like a nice machine at a great price. It also sold in 10 hours so to get that kind of deal you have to be kind of lucky.

#32 10 years ago

It sells routinely for $1800-$2000 in this neck of the woods. Seen $2000 most consistently lately here. It's a fun theme but not a huge demand game. You'll sell it for what you paid or range I mentioned but may take a few weeks to month.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yah, it's up to $65, but there are a lot of ifs and it's something you can test for.

The trough opto boards are sometimes goofy on Dredds as well, like Badbilly said 2k tops for our area, the guy I sold my Dredd to never got the deadworld mod working either but I dont believe he has monkeyed with it too much.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-judge-dredd-deadworld-mod-which-eprom-is-swapped

#34 10 years ago

Just looked at this pin. NOT worth 2k. Ill post details later when I have computer access. Its in rough shape.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just looked at this pin. NOT worth 2k. Ill post details later when I have computer access. Its in rough shape.

Plenty of nice ones out there. Be patient, and don't settle for less.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Its in rough shape.

Condition is everything.

If it was as described, it would have been a no brainer.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Please do. It's a 2.5 hour drive to see this "mint" pin.

#38 10 years ago

I just got my JD two weeks ago. I spent most of the first week working on it. I'd say in good shape and working it is worth $2,000. Then again I own one...

#39 10 years ago

Ok here's the good, bad and ugly.. from what i can recall.

Good

- Limited edition Gold armor with Plaque
- Cabinet artwork is clean (very little fade)
- PF needs a good cleaning but looks decent

Bad

- Half of the switches need adjusted
- Upper GI's are out
- Some lifted inserts
- Deadworld is temperamental
- Crane was not working properly (new opto switch?)
- Scratched translight
- Japanese reimport
- Needs a complete teardown and cleaning
- No key to the backbox so I couldnt see the boards

UGLY

- Severe water damage to the back of the pin... Looks like a sponge full of mold (made me nervous to see the boards)

Wanted to get pictures but couldn't

I would have offered him 1200, but i passed since I wasn't able to see the boards.

Bottom line..

Waste of time.

#40 10 years ago

Yep that's sounds like a waste of time - surely not mint like the ad says. Keep looking 2k will get you one in better shape than that.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Ok here's the good, bad and ugly.. from what i can recall.
Good
- Limited edition Gold armor with Plaque

Questionable.

Quoted from corvair61:

- Half of the switches need adjusted
- Upper GI's are out
- Some lifted inserts
- Deadworld is temperamental
- Crane was not working properly (new opto switch?)
- Scratched translight
- Needs a complete teardown and cleaning

... on a $2K machine?

Quoted from corvair61:

- Severe water damage to the back of the pin... Looks like a sponge full of mold

Wanted to get pictures but couldn't

Run! don't walk away.

#42 10 years ago

This was the only picture I was able to snap. Anyone out there able to confirm or deny the legitimacy of this "limited edition" pin?
20130728_122047.jpg20130728_122047.jpg

#43 10 years ago

sorry about the pic.. damn cell phones

#44 10 years ago

Looks like some "custom" LE to me but I can't say for sure.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Looks like some "custom" LE to me but I can't say for sure.

Kind of what I was thinking. It also had gold pinballs

#46 10 years ago

Glad I got mine before the big price hike.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Seems about right to me. Definitely add the deadworld mod if you get it.

$1800 with the Deadworld mod.

$2000 without.

Seriously, I dislike any mod that cripples the game's functionality, and with the Deadworld mod you have to use a special rom that only allows the game to run on freeplay.

#48 10 years ago

I doubt that plaque is legit....

#49 10 years ago

Looks like somebody REALLY cared for that game at one time, then it must of been taken care of by feral 5 year olds for a while. What a shame. I still don't think there is an official "limited edition" with plaques like that unless somebody can prove otherwise.

#50 10 years ago

Hmmm....either A) someone is very sneaky in making up a plaque to put on this game to drive it's value and collectibility or B) that may have been a legit special edition but 24 kg? If the armor was 24 KG maybe the gold is worth more than the machine. Stop at a Gold store and have them weight that.

Interested what the back story is on this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 85.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-too-much-for-a-jd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.