(Topic ID: 17807)

$2000 in your pocket.. What pin do you buy?

By pinsrus

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Donnyman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 11 years ago

How about a visible upper half of the pf, better looking cab, and zombie cops?

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

The HS played like a 70's super flat turd

I have not played a game like this description, but now I hope to one day.

#103 11 years ago

I just sold my HS2 for $1500. It's fun, but not very deep. There are a lot of better pins available in that price range. DW and JD come to mind. I would say BSD also if you can actually find one. There was a TS for $1500 on the Bash the other day, but it needed work.

#104 11 years ago

I like HS and Getaway, but I own a Getaway.

Michael

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Well unless you just like DMD's on your pins, then by all means HS2 is the way to go, but if you have an open mind on non-DMD pins then you can't go wrong with HS.

My brother picked up HS and I was semi excited because it was one of the first games I played growing up. Thought it would be a decent time and kind of fun. Everytime I go over there I can play it again & again...never gets old. Great game.

#106 11 years ago

Strip the bells n' whistles off of both and I think HS1 has the more interesting physical game design. The physical layout of most of this era has stronger physical lay outs than most more modern games IMO. This isn't a time when modes/rules were 50% of the game. The physical design had to pull the majority of the game.

I don't want to do a long review here, but the simple rules of completing the lights by hitting the targets, which are sitting in three very unique and challenging banks on the playfield is much more taxing on ball control and rewarding than what I found in HS2. If you go into it wanting a Hot Wheels race track of flow, you're going in with high expectations. The flow is there in the loops, ramp and scoop shot...but like Firepower this game is all about rewarding high risk ball control. There's no safe ramp shots to exchange flippers with. There's no safe shot on the lower flippers that guarantees a nice feed to a cradle. The most challenging shot in the game is the only lock that will slow the game down for you.

HS2 is a good game. I like HS2. It is no HS1. HS2 I can play for a few hours straight and walk away having had a good time. HS1 I can play all night and not realize it's 3AM...and wondering if I should sneak one more game in.

#107 11 years ago

TS or if you want a newer pin WPT.

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-in-your-pocket-what-pin-do-you-buy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.