(Topic ID: 17807)

$2000 in your pocket.. What pin do you buy?

By pinsrus

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Donnyman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

Takin a pole.. what pin do you purchase with 2k?

#2 11 years ago

Stargate or DemoMan for a DMD.
    System 11 - Earth shaker or Whirlwind.

#3 11 years ago

get 2 other friends and go in 1/3rds on X-Men LE.

#4 11 years ago

Tommy for tEh wIn!

#5 11 years ago

dirty harry

#6 11 years ago

Stargate

#7 11 years ago

The Shadow if you like deep games. Best pin around 2k that I have played.

#8 11 years ago

TS. But you might need to shop a bit for that price.

#9 11 years ago

Slow down, Doug...

#10 11 years ago

FT, WCS, TFTC, WWFRR, JP, Centar

#11 11 years ago
    #12 11 years ago

Demo Man, Fish Tales, Judge Dredd, JP, TFTC, StarGate, the shadow and Starship Troopers. All great games, great bang for the buck and should all be between $1400-2200 depending on condition.

#14 11 years ago

TS - shopping around or TFTC for a little less

#15 11 years ago

Bsd bk2k ts whirlwind Pinbot jd

#16 11 years ago

A nice BSD. or
    a nice FT.

#17 11 years ago
    #18 11 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

Stargate or DemoMan for a DMD.
    System 11 - Earth Shaker or Whirlwind.

See..you should have traded me Space Station for my Stargate. >=\

#19 11 years ago

Routed bsd add 3" flippers. Add ff speakers + ex sub down the road. You'll have a keeper.

#20 11 years ago

one BSD or 60% of a CFTBL (why did I sell that game?)

#21 11 years ago

Personally I'm looking for a Tommy or a Flintstones in that price range

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

A nice BSD. or
    a nice FT.

These get my vote too.
    Looks like FIsh Tales is a pretty popular option. It won't stay under $2K for long either.

#23 11 years ago

The Getaway - High Speed II

#24 11 years ago

No limitations, I'm looking for the best bang for the 2k preferably a dmd. It is a tough market, even just trying to find a decent pin no matter the right price. Everything is so inflated. For instance I have been trying to trade my Atlantis. Which would be great but if I sell it to get the same caliber I would need to get 1000-1200. When really its a $800 pin. Crazy

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:pinsrus said:Takin a pole.. what pin do you purchase with 2k?
    What's our options?

#25 11 years ago

1992 or 1997 Star Wars

#26 11 years ago

There is a flintstones locally for 1800. Have you played it before?

Quoted from tomdotcom:Personally I'm looking for a Tommy or a Flintstones in that price range

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from shadowflame:

The Getaway - High Speed II

I missed a mint (9.5 everything) Get Away yesterday here in Michigan. I was like 5 minutes too late to call when it hit Craigslist. Lol...my wife and I seen the ad and started plotting our way to get the $1,200 cash on a Sunday within an hour...hehe..ATM-$400...on hand cash few hundred....hit up mom and day for whatever they have....lol. The call before us was there first and grabbed it

Is Get Away a $1,200 pin or closer to $2k? I played it once before and liked it but not sure value wise...I mean I am sure it has to be worth $1,200 easily as reflected in my excitement to have almost had one at that price. Is it really a $2k pin though?

#28 11 years ago

Earthshaker is pretty good. Same with Whirlwind. Can't go wrong with either!!

#30 11 years ago

Hey,

Love The Shadow. Hard as all get out, relatively cheap. Win win.

Luke

#31 11 years ago

Jurassic Park and a cheap early SS title.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinsrus:

There is a Flintstones locally for 1800. Have you played it before?
    tomdotcom said:Personally I'm looking for a Tommy or a Flintstones in that price range

Yep I've played it before, I think it's a fun game...go read some reviews on it..

#33 11 years ago

I would sell my BDK and use the cash for X-MEN!!!

#34 11 years ago

T2 or Bride of Pinbot?

#35 11 years ago

Any thoughts on south park? Reviews not so hot but anyone play it? One a couple hrs away.

#36 11 years ago

No. There's a reason that one hasn't been suggested

FT or Flintstones are great suggestions. And if you can find a nice Shadow for 2k then jump on it.

#37 11 years ago

A nice Whirlwind

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinsrus:

Any thoughts on South Park? Reviews not so hot but anyone play it? One a couple hrs away.

Just my stupid 2 cents. I could not get into the pin. It's not like it was draining my coins or I was in a rush. My bud had one so I could play all I want at any pace. I just could not get pulled in. I honestly don't know why other than I never watched South Park in my life and maybe that is the reason? Anyway, my bud sold his 9.5 last week for $1,550 in Michigan. My bud could not get into it either after the first two weeks of fun wore off.

Apologies to SP pin owners. I hate that I wrote what I just did. If you own one you may have dozens of reasons why it is a good pin and I am ok with that I probably needed to watch the show first or sumtin!

#39 11 years ago

Bally's Bigfoot of course. Just need to find the darn thing. I may even go $2001 on it.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#40 11 years ago

I picked up a South Park in a package deal. I like the show, but the game is just dumb. Some almost unmissable shots earn big points, while the challenging shots aren't worth going for. Good in very small doses only because of the main multiball and the humor. I sold it off in short order as they usually go over $2k just for the theme. Seriously, you can do much better for the $.

#41 11 years ago

Would say BSD, but they're creeping up now into the 2200-2400 for one with a good pf. Just my experience in my recent hunt.

Otherwise FT. Nice game, great art ... In a fishy kinda way.

#42 11 years ago

I enjoyed SP, but sadly, SP does fall short on depth and suffers from a bland rule set, now, if they made it today.....it would be amazing! I hope Stern or JJ license this title. Great adult theme, the palette of sounds, video clips, characters and plots are simply endless. I would buy it in a heart beat. Someone make it again!!

#44 11 years ago

Great pins guys, I will narrow it down and go on the hunt. Time for some research

#45 11 years ago

Great pins guys, I will narrow it down and go on the hunt. Time for some research

#46 11 years ago

**********DAYHUFF***********

Hey man...you have 68 pins in your collection? For real? That is unbelievable! When did you start collecting if you do not mind me asking?

#47 11 years ago

Wait! I thought the money was in MY pocket! Why are YOU shopping????

#48 11 years ago

Starship Troopers and pocket $500.

#49 11 years ago

Lol, it could be in yours. Check it out.........

Quoted from The_Gorilla:Wait! I thought the money was in MY pocket! Why are YOU shopping????

#50 11 years ago

Jm or Jd

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-in-your-pocket-what-pin-do-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.