Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-469.jpg
image-979.jpg
image-956.jpg
image-840.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piparoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

*edit- ended up snagging a Judge Dredd. Hope we all like it!*
Recently moved up to Ohio and am looking to restart my collection. Prior to the move, I sold all of my pins. For the moment I am looking to have just one game - ideally that will appeal to both my 7 year old daughter and me. The four games that I've had my eye on are:

Ripley's Believe it or Not
Dr. Who
Revenge from Mars (not technically a DMD game)
World Poker Tour

I've owned Dr. Who and Revenge from Mars and quite enjoyed both, but eventually sold each. My daughter would probably rank RFM as her favorite game and Dr. Who as number 3, of all the games I've owned. She really enjoys the humor of RFM and the fast multiball on Dr. Who.

Any advice on the titles I've been thinking about, any others in that price range that I may be missing, or if I'm way off base on prices?

#5 9 years ago

High Speed II. That's one I hadn't thought about. Judge Dredd, JM and T2 may be a little too intense for the little one. Although, she didn't freak out with the Dalek sounds from Dr. Who.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Monopoly is great family fun, although I personally wasn't a huge fan of it. Also I have a WPT and it's a great game, despite the fact that I'm selling/trading mine.
Also check out Gilligan's Island, seems like an underrated gem to me, and it also seems to be a family favorite.

I was too late to jump on your WPT. Congrats on the sale!

#10 9 years ago

WCS94 is another one that I hadn't thought about.

#11 9 years ago

Am I way off on RFM pricing? There have been a bunch for sale lately but I haven't been able to find any owners nearby willing to part with theirs for less than $2800.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

You should buy my WPT.
As far as RBION there is one near me for sale for $2600. The same seller just sold his RFM for $2500.
I like all the games on your list and should not go wrong with any of them.

I spoke to Kevin about his RFM and was unfortunately too late on that one. Funny thing is, I'm going to be in Orlando in three days but have no way to get a pin back up to OH. I suppose Don from pinballs on the move is always a possibility.

#23 9 years ago

WCS94 seems to be getting a lot of love. Does it keep you challenged in a small collection? I've never played it.

#34 9 years ago

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions. I think it's going to be between RBION, RFM and WCS94. Of those three, I'm guessing that WCS94 may be slightly less expensive and RBION slightly more expensive. We'll see what turns up around OH, IN, MI. If I only lived in Florida...

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from dirty_j_62:

I'm in the same boat as you Piparoo. I'm getting ready to start a collection. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. We are looking in the same price range as you. The games that have made our list to keep an eye out for are Fish Tales, HSII, Demolition Man, and BSD.

Good luck on the hunt. One thing I've realized is that it's much more fun to play a game I'm only moderately in love with - with others, than it is to play a game I absolutely love - by myself.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Come to the Ohio Pinball Show in Niles, OH in three weeks.
I'll be selling an NBA Fastbreak for about $2k, and there should be lots of other games there for sale, too.

I've had my eye on it for weeks. Patience is not one of my strong suits...

#50 9 years ago

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more love for Dr Who. It's a fun game. I wonder if it's that people haven't had a chance to play that title much.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Unsure if Tommy is in the same price range, but if your son likes music, this is a good pin as well (I doubt he will understand references like "Acid Queen"). The blinders are a really nice innovation and fun for a challenge.

Tommy is an interesting suggestion too. I'm with you though, not sure it falls in our price range.

#63 9 years ago

Yeah, I think I will own a WPT at some point, but I don't think my 7 year old daughter would dig the theme, and she may not even be able to see the upper playfield well.

#67 9 years ago

Roadshow-that's another one that could work

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Fish Tales is good. Simple, and challenging, but good.
If you find yourself passing through Columbus, you're welcome to check out my collection. I tend to gravitate towards sub-$3k games.

Thanks for the invite Collin. I'm ashamed to say that I just learned who Woody Hayes was, last night!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

This is good discussion and deals can be found out there...
But, on average, aren't RFM and RBION outside this price range? And RS might be teetering close?
WCS94... Yes.
Dr Who... Yes.

Ripley's I think in general you're right, RFM seem to be selling around $2500-$2800-at least the one's I've seen.

#83 9 years ago

I'm not a great player. With Ripley's, it seems to be forgiving and will give me a pity multiball pretty easily when I'm having a horrible game. If it's relatively easy for my daughter to get to a multiball, I think she will probably enjoy it.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

RBION is a great game if didn't have ADD it would still be in my collection.

Does the game have ADD or you?

#93 9 years ago

I know I'd enjoy WPT. Just not sure if the daughter would really dig it.

#94 9 years ago

I'm on my way to pick up a Judge Dredd! Go figure. It ended up being right in our price range and I figure if my daughter doesn't like it, hopefully I can trade or sell it for another title on my list. What do you think? How does Judge Dredd rank in this price range?

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Congrats on the purchase! Play it to death and than rotate, its a fun one!

Thanks! I'd never even seen one in person until last night. I liked the playfield artwork more than I thought I would.

#103 9 years ago

We put a couple games on it this morning. My daughter really loved the supergame mode. Starting off every game with a multiball should be enough to keep her happy for a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider piparoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-2500-dmd-era-game-any-advice?tu=piparoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.