Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-469.jpg
image-979.jpg
image-956.jpg
image-840.jpg
image.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more love for Dr Who. It's a fun game. I wonder if it's that people haven't had a chance to play that title much.

I have yet to play the Dr., but the one Oursler pin I own is awesome!

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Is your daughter into the Doctor Who TV show? If so, that could be a winner because in this range that may be the only title a young person can attach to; being as though new episodes are still being made.
On a side note. Curse Amazon Prime for removing my Who.

What about fishing? "Leave a Message"

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more love for Dr Who.

1. Well people are finally starting to like RBION whcih it was up against so that has something to do with it. It's a little bit of an oddball game, but that's what makes it good. Some people don't like the emphasis put on the sonic boom, and A LOT of people don't like the audio, but it never bothered me.

2. He's not a Dr; he's "Doctor Who."

#54 9 years ago

It's not a dmd, but I bet you'd both enjoy Elvira and the Party Monsters.

#55 9 years ago

prices are dropping, have patience

#56 9 years ago

Judge dread or monopoly.

#57 9 years ago

Starting to look around for a No Fear. For the price, it is a great game.

#58 9 years ago

Fish Tales!

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Ripley's Believe It or Not
Dr. Who
Revenge From Mars (not technically a DMD game)
World Poker Tour

Out of these 4 pins, I own two (DrWho & WPT) and looking for another one (RBION).
You can't go wrong with any of these three... and the fourth (RFM) is also a good game and might appeal to a young audience.

My favorite is WPT. Shooter's game with deep and balanced rules, but the basic concepts are easy to grasp (how to start Ace-in-the-Hole multiball for example). But I would assume Poker is not the theme of choice for a 7-year old?

Doctor Who is cool. Great flow. If your son enjoys this TV series, that would be nice. I love the call outs ("Exterminate!!") but not everyone will agree!

RBION's theme has an "Indiana Jones" flavor to me - explore continents, etc... May appeal to your son. Rules are complex.

Unsure if Tommy is in the same price range, but if your son likes music, this is a good pin as well (I doubt he will understand references like "Acid Queen"). The blinders are a really nice innovation and fun for a challenge.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Unsure if Tommy is in the same price range, but if your son likes music, this is a good pin as well (I doubt he will understand references like "Acid Queen"). The blinders are a really nice innovation and fun for a challenge.

Tommy is an interesting suggestion too. I'm with you though, not sure it falls in our price range.

#61 9 years ago

I used to own Tommy and it is a very fun game. I got tired of the Broadway cast's versions of The Who songs though. I don't think a 7 year old will care. The flipper blinders are a neat feature.

#62 9 years ago

+1 for WCS - especially for a 7 yr old girl.

If the game seems too easy for you, it's very easy to make it hard.
Turn off the kickback, open the out lanes and make it steep if you want.

It's not the deepest, but that's better for a kid -> WPT would be horrible IMO for a kid.

#63 9 years ago

Yeah, I think I will own a WPT at some point, but I don't think my 7 year old daughter would dig the theme, and she may not even be able to see the upper playfield well.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

prices are dropping, have patience

Oh please. Point me to them.

#65 9 years ago

And if the WCS94 does get too boring, it's an easy resale.

#66 9 years ago

I would say Road Show and or Jurassic Park

#67 9 years ago

Roadshow-that's another one that could work

#68 9 years ago

Road show is awesome... Dr Who...I've only played on location, but it just seem to drain sdtm a lot.

#69 9 years ago

Fish Tales is good. Simple, and challenging, but good.

If you find yourself passing through Columbus, you're welcome to check out my collection. I tend to gravitate towards sub-$3k games.

#70 9 years ago

+1 to Road Show and Fish Tales.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Fish Tales is good. Simple, and challenging, but good.
If you find yourself passing through Columbus, you're welcome to check out my collection. I tend to gravitate towards sub-$3k games.

Thanks for the invite Collin. I'm ashamed to say that I just learned who Woody Hayes was, last night!

#72 9 years ago

This is good discussion and deals can be found out there...

But, on average, aren't RFM and RBION outside this price range? And RS might be teetering close?

WCS94... Yes.
Dr Who... Yes.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

This is good discussion and deals can be found out there...
But, on average, aren't RFM and RBION outside this price range? And RS might be teetering close?
WCS94... Yes.
Dr Who... Yes.

Ripley's I think in general you're right, RFM seem to be selling around $2500-$2800-at least the one's I've seen.

#74 9 years ago

Black Rose>>>>>>>>>>>

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more love for Dr Who. It's a fun game. I wonder if it's that people haven't had a chance to play that title much.

I love Dr. Who but not sure it is a good game to have in a small collection.

#76 9 years ago

Another vote for Wcs. Shooting goals is so satisfying!

#77 9 years ago

I only played WCS once and thought the soccer ball was loud and annoying when it was spinning. Maybe it was just that machine. Otherwise I found it to be a fun game.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

But, on average, aren't RFM and RBION outside this price range?

Here's a Ripley's for $2600 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-ripleys-believe-it-or-not-7

So technically outside the price range, but awfully close.

#79 9 years ago

Aurich, funny you should post that... because I actually played that RBION on Wednesday Playfield looked great...

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Aurich, funny you should post that... because I actually played that RBION on Wednesday Playfield looked great...

It's a fun and challenging game. It got a bad rap at first that it's never quite escaped, but I think it's one of the best bang for your buck games out there in terms of long term challenge.

#81 9 years ago

Oh, I meant to post this earlier. I'm a big fan oh RBION but I don't think it will appeal to a 7 year old. Just my opinion... your 7 year old might prove me wrong! It's a very unique game and you either love it or hate it. I think it's, perhaps, a bit much for a 7 year old... a bit complicated, hard, etc.

I agree WCS is an excellent choice.

#82 9 years ago

Yeah RBION is tough...but squeezing the outlanes down can help. 7 year old vs. the Vari-Target...that's a death match right there!

#83 9 years ago

I'm not a great player. With Ripley's, it seems to be forgiving and will give me a pity multiball pretty easily when I'm having a horrible game. If it's relatively easy for my daughter to get to a multiball, I think she will probably enjoy it.

#84 9 years ago

Definitely either WCS or RBION (though IMO it'll be tough to find a good shape RBION for the price range you listed, that game keeps going up in price). If you can snag an RBION in good shape for the money, go for it. It's an amazing game, layout is 40% TZ, 30% TAF and 30% original, with great rules!

#85 9 years ago

RBION is a great game if didn't have ADD it would still be in my collection.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Does the game have ADD or you?

#87 9 years ago

I usually see RBION being around 3000. Is the price coming down on these?

#88 9 years ago

ROAD SHOW is the best bang for buck pin out there...well, along with WPT. RS is beginner friendly though and tough enough for a great player too. I'd go RS.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

I usually see RBION being around 3000. Is the price coming down on these?

A little with the overall price calming.

Quoted from bellbrand:

#90 9 years ago

Another vote for RS, although I'm partial. The traveling theme and talking heads will appeal to kids imo.

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Recently moved up to Ohio and am looking to restart my collection. Prior to the move, I sold all of my pins. For the moment I am looking to have just one game - ideally that will appeal to both my 7 year old daughter and me. The four games that I've had my eye on are:
Ripley's Believe It or Not
Dr. Who
Revenge From Mars (not technically a DMD game)
World Poker Tour
I've owned Dr. Who and Revenge From Mars and quite enjoyed both, but eventually sold each. My daughter would probably rank RFM as her favorite game and Dr. Who as number 3, of all the games I've owned. She really enjoys the humor of RFM and the fast multiball on Dr. Who.
Any advice on the titles I've been thinking about, any others in that price range that I may be missing, or if I'm way off base on prices?

Of the games listed, WPT by a mile. Ripley's would be second.

#92 9 years ago

just picked up a stargate and my 3 year old and i play it every night!!! not to scary for them either. but they love the glider !

#93 9 years ago

I know I'd enjoy WPT. Just not sure if the daughter would really dig it.

#94 9 years ago

I'm on my way to pick up a Judge Dredd! Go figure. It ended up being right in our price range and I figure if my daughter doesn't like it, hopefully I can trade or sell it for another title on my list. What do you think? How does Judge Dredd rank in this price range?

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Road Show is the best bang for buck pin out there...well, along with WPT. RS is beginner friendly though and tough enough for a great player too. I'd go RS.

Absolutely. I've been saying that RS is the best bang for the buck pin for years, and I haven't changed my mind on this, despite the fact that the value has gone up a bit in that time.

There are other good bang for the buck pins that have been mentioned in this thread, but none of them really come close to RS in my opinion.

#96 9 years ago

I have a beautiful WCS for sale for $2500. PM for details.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-840.jpgimage-840.jpg image-956.jpgimage-956.jpg image-979.jpgimage-979.jpg image-469.jpgimage-469.jpg
#97 9 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I have a beautiful WCS for sale for $2500. PM for details.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-840.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-956.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-979.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-469.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That is a beauty! I'd be all over that if you were local!

#98 9 years ago

Congrats on the purchase! Play it to death and than rotate, its a fun one!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Congrats on the purchase! Play it to death and than rotate, its a fun one!

Thanks! I'd never even seen one in person until last night. I liked the playfield artwork more than I thought I would.

#100 9 years ago

Congrats on the JD. I love mine, but my 7-year-old daughter finds it a little too hard. I hope your's can keep the ball on the table a little longer than mine. I highly recommend the dead world mod, if your pin doesn't already have it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-2500-dmd-era-game-any-advice/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.