Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-469.jpg
image-979.jpg
image-956.jpg
image-840.jpg
image.jpg
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

*edit- ended up snagging a Judge Dredd. Hope we all like it!*
Recently moved up to Ohio and am looking to restart my collection. Prior to the move, I sold all of my pins. For the moment I am looking to have just one game - ideally that will appeal to both my 7 year old daughter and me. The four games that I've had my eye on are:

Ripley's Believe it or Not
Dr. Who
Revenge from Mars (not technically a DMD game)
World Poker Tour

I've owned Dr. Who and Revenge from Mars and quite enjoyed both, but eventually sold each. My daughter would probably rank RFM as her favorite game and Dr. Who as number 3, of all the games I've owned. She really enjoys the humor of RFM and the fast multiball on Dr. Who.

Any advice on the titles I've been thinking about, any others in that price range that I may be missing, or if I'm way off base on prices?

#2 9 years ago

I think Judge Dredd and HSII are the best DMDs in that price range. WCS94 is really fun for the price too.

#3 9 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic

#4 9 years ago

Monopoly is great family fun, although I personally wasn't a huge fan of it. Also I have a WPT and it's a great game, despite the fact that I'm selling/trading mine.

Also check out Gilligan's Island, seems like an underrated gem to me, and it also seems to be a family favorite.

#5 9 years ago

High Speed II. That's one I hadn't thought about. Judge Dredd, JM and T2 may be a little too intense for the little one. Although, she didn't freak out with the Dalek sounds from Dr. Who.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Monopoly is great family fun, although I personally wasn't a huge fan of it. Also I have a WPT and it's a great game, despite the fact that I'm selling/trading mine.
Also check out Gilligan's Island, seems like an underrated gem to me, and it also seems to be a family favorite.

I was too late to jump on your WPT. Congrats on the sale!

#7 9 years ago

WCS94!!! - HSII, JP, JM,

#8 9 years ago

WCS for her and yourself. My 6 year old digs it. Maybe just buy a RFM or Dr Who again.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

My daughter would probably rank RFM as her favorite game

RFM. If you are going to restart your collection, and if you liked it, that is the game to get. It was her favorite.

HS2 isn't usually a "girls" game, but it is an excellent game. One of my all time favorites.

#10 9 years ago

WCS94 is another one that I hadn't thought about.

#11 9 years ago

Am I way off on RFM pricing? There have been a bunch for sale lately but I haven't been able to find any owners nearby willing to part with theirs for less than $2800.

#12 9 years ago

If you can get a RBION at that price it's a great game...but tough as nails.
DW is cool, WPT is an acquired taste with great rules I've heard....maybe 7 year old would like plenty of drops to hit?
RFM is a cute game but never been that impressed by it....7 year old would probably love it.

#14 9 years ago

Yeah, my daughter likes WCS94 and JP. I would also throw out Whirlwind if you would consider a non-DMD game, both her and my wife love it.

#15 9 years ago

Oh and we both have enjoyed Monopoly on location many a times.

#16 9 years ago

You should buy my WPT.

As far as RBION there is one near me for sale for $2600. The same seller just sold his RFM for $2500.

I like all the games on your list and should not go wrong with any of them.

#17 9 years ago

Honestly, WCS94 would work well with your daughter.

Also flintstones. Easy, fun pin. Something your daughter would enjoy. I love mine and so does my wife.

I personally love JM, but for a 7 year old, it's not gonna work. Too weird a theme.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

You should buy my WPT.
As far as RBION there is one near me for sale for $2600. The same seller just sold his RFM for $2500.
I like all the games on your list and should not go wrong with any of them.

I spoke to Kevin about his RFM and was unfortunately too late on that one. Funny thing is, I'm going to be in Orlando in three days but have no way to get a pin back up to OH. I suppose Don from pinballs on the move is always a possibility.

#19 9 years ago

Out of the ones you listed. RBION

I must echo, I just picked up a WCS 94 for $2200 and I am loving it so I'd consider that title too.

#20 9 years ago

No doubt WCS is a solid game and sure would work great with a family.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

I spoke to Kevin about his RFM and was unfortunately too late on that one. Funny thing is, I'm going to be in Orlando in three days but have no way to get a pin back up to OH. I suppose Don from pinballs on the move is always a possibility.

Too bad, I understand Kevin had a nice RFM. Good luck in your search!

#22 9 years ago

WCS, you and your daughter will love this title.

#23 9 years ago

WCS94 seems to be getting a lot of love. Does it keep you challenged in a small collection? I've never played it.

#24 9 years ago

WCS. It's simplistic and addictive. You can adjust it to your likeness as far as a challenge goes. It's a really good game for the price. My kids absolutely love it.

#25 9 years ago

For me personally I sold it once I beat Germany. I felt the game had no fun left to it. I beat it.

It's a SUPER pretty looking pin and flows amazingly well. I just was bored of it fast after beating it. I sold it quickly afterwards.

And beating Germany wasn't too difficult.. and I'm not a great player by any means.

#26 9 years ago

I think fish tales is great in that price range. RBION is the best of what you listed in my opinion.

#27 9 years ago

You might be able to find a $2500 RFM. I'm only an hour north of Dayton and just sold my mint one for $2800. NPO sold his really nice one recently for about the same price and he is in Dayton. RFM was my 7 year old daughters favorite. She was not happy when it left.

WCS is great especially if she likes soccer but not a necessity.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

For me personally I sold it once I beat Germany.

On the 3rd day you owned it? It for sure is not the toughest game...not always a bad thing.

#29 9 years ago

My 10 yr old boys love my HS2. It's very easy to understand how to play and not too hard to get decent at. My daughter (also 10) isn't interested in pinball at all. We had a friend of hers over last Sunday and she could not get enough of HS2. I thought she would like my ST better but she didn't even want to touch it. That said, if you both like RFM then why not get that?

#30 9 years ago

Of the games you listed (and WCS) I'd take Ripley's. It's got a lot to keep it challenging over the long term. It's a hard game, but there's plenty to shoot for and funny callouts, so your 7 year old will probably still enjoy flipping it, even if she isn't beating the modes and progressing towards the wizard mode.

I have a 7 year old daughter myself (and a 10) and her favorite game is The Shadow. Daddy's girl!

#31 9 years ago

RFM is a great game and is perfect if you only have one game and stay with one game only.
Otherwise its odd size and the shape of its backbox look out of place in a row of pins.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

On the 3rd day you owned it? It for sure is not the toughest game...not always a bad thing.

??

I owned wcs94 for 10 months.

It was RBION that I sold in three days.

But who's keeping track anyway (besides you..)

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

??
I owned wcs94 for 10 months.
It was RBION that I sold in three days.
But who's keeping track anyway (besides you..)

It took you 10 months to beat Germany?!

#34 9 years ago

Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions. I think it's going to be between RBION, RFM and WCS94. Of those three, I'm guessing that WCS94 may be slightly less expensive and RBION slightly more expensive. We'll see what turns up around OH, IN, MI. If I only lived in Florida...

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It took you 10 months to beat Germany?!

haha..

yes.

#36 9 years ago

If you can find a Getaway at the price I would get one of those. Awesome game.

#37 9 years ago

I'm in the same boat as you Piparoo. I'm getting ready to start a collection. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. We are looking in the same price range as you. The games that have made our list to keep an eye out for are Fish Tales, HSII, Demolition Man, and BSD.

#38 9 years ago

From the looks of this thread, I guess we need to add WCS94 to that list.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from dirty_j_62:

I'm in the same boat as you Piparoo. I'm getting ready to start a collection. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. We are looking in the same price range as you. The games that have made our list to keep an eye out for are Fish Tales, HSII, Demolition Man, and BSD.

Good luck on the hunt. One thing I've realized is that it's much more fun to play a game I'm only moderately in love with - with others, than it is to play a game I absolutely love - by myself.

#40 9 years ago

I totally agree! I am so lucky, my 7 year old is excited as I am to play, and to own a machine! I can't wait!

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from dirty_j_62:

BSD? Might not be the best for a 5 or 7 yr old. Definitely the best on your list, though!

#42 9 years ago

WCS is fun, but gets old fast IMO as well as RFM. RBION is OK, but just feels clunky to me. WPT might be the best bang for your buck machine out there, game play wise. You just gotta get over the theme, art, music, and some of the call outs. DW is my personal favorite of the bunch mentioned.

#43 9 years ago

Come to the Ohio Pinball Show in Niles, OH in three weeks.

I'll be selling an NBA Fastbreak for about $2k, and there should be lots of other games there for sale, too.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Come to the Ohio Pinball Show in Niles, OH in three weeks.
I'll be selling an NBA Fastbreak for about $2k, and there should be lots of other games there for sale, too.

I've had my eye on it for weeks. Patience is not one of my strong suits...

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

BSD? Might not be the best for a 5 or 7 yr old. Definitely the best on your list, though!

You're probably right about that, but it is my favorite on the list as well. My 7 yr old plays it on Pinball Arcade and really likes it too. I guess we will see what pops up, I'm sure that will be the biggest factor in what we pick up.

#46 9 years ago

IF you want a BSD for $2000-$2500 you better think about getting one sooner than later... that pinball just keeps going up and I bet before long its one of those $3500 games that everyone says "man I remember when they were going for $2K all day"

I personally don't like the game play, but to each his own,,,, but frankly I think that game at the right price is one of the best pins to get, play , have fun, then decide to sell or trade.. YOU WONT LOOSE OUT!!!

my 2 cents

#47 9 years ago

I found Who Dunnit to be a game that young kids can get far and advance into the game but may be a little to easy for Dad. Fish Tales video mode is always a favorite with the kids.

#48 9 years ago

Is your daughter into the Doctor Who TV show? If so, that could be a winner because in this range that may be the only title a young person can attach to; being as though new episodes are still being made.

On a side note. Curse Amazon Prime for removing my Who.

#49 9 years ago

The Shadow for sure.

but from the list RBION.

#50 9 years ago

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more love for Dr Who. It's a fun game. I wonder if it's that people haven't had a chance to play that title much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 45.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2000-2500-dmd-era-game-any-advice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.