Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rolandthoms
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 15 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

drill.jpg
regular_square_shaft_screwdriver_CPE3892.jpg
357023-i.jpg
DSC_4335.JPG
DSC_4333.JPG
DSC_4332.JPG
DSC_4329.JPG
DSC_4326.JPG
DSC_4325.JPG
DSC_4321.JPG
DSC_4324.JPG
DSC_4320.JPG
20140927_130758_resized.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Wooooohoooooooooo! I was one of the first callers and offered a lot more than he was asking and it worked!

It's still in my truck, but here's a peek.

1.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Congrats - hope you got more than just the front of the cabinet and lockdown bar for your $200!

#3 4 years ago

Plus the seller threw in a free Mills Castle Front slot machine! Must be my lucky day!

2.jpg

#4 4 years ago

Congrats , right place at the right time...

#5 4 years ago

Seller says the Centaur has been sitting in storage for 15 years and doesn't work. We shall see!

#6 4 years ago

Nice Score! Post some more pics if you get the chance. Great game!

#7 4 years ago

Ahh, nice pickup! Why oh why do these deals always go down in bay area and in stockton, never in placer county

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Ahh, nice pickup! Why oh why do these deals always go down in bay area and in stockton, never in placer county

I don't know. Maybe the SPG guys already bought them all.

Drove up to Sonoma County for this one.

#9 4 years ago

GLWS
wish you were closer!
-mof

#12 4 years ago

There was a $150 Centaur on the St. Louis craigslist recently, and after someone picked it up on here it looked like that was about all it was worth. Yours looks much better just from seeing the coin door and the front of the cab, congrats on the find!

#14 4 years ago

Holy crap you got it! You must have beat my call by a couple min.

Glad sombody here got it. That was unbelievable.

Now playfield pics!!!

#15 4 years ago

I'll try to unload it and post some pictures tonight. Overall, average player's condition. Hopefully it won't take too much to get it working.

#16 4 years ago

Way to go! I love hearing about deals like this. I like getting them even more

#17 4 years ago

nice, and that slot machine looks pretty darn cool too!

Brian

#18 4 years ago

You lucky SOB! Makes my Surf Champ deal look like nothing. Its really the week to score in the bay area, everyone is going to be glued to Craigslist now! Congrats!

#19 4 years ago

Super curious how far above $200 you went.....

#20 4 years ago

Nice score! Slot machine may be worth more then the pinball?

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from t2:

Nice score! Slot machine may be worth more then the pinball?

I don't know much about slots. I sent photos to a local retailer and he said based on condition it's a $1200-$1500 item. He offered to consign it. I know if I keep it I'll want to learn more about it, fix it up, and next thing you know I'll have a bunch of slots all over the house.

#22 4 years ago

Am I the only one wondering why the OP offered "way more" than the seller was asking?

I don't usually bid against myself when buying a game...

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

I was one of the first callers and offered a lot more than he was asking and it worked!

From the title, I thought this was going to be the usual "I called first and some asshole called later and offered more money" Craigslist thread.

Congrats!?

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Am I the only one wondering why the OP offered "way more" than the seller was asking?
I don't usually bid against myself when buying a game...

Good question. For starters it made me feel better about the deal. Plus, I'm pretty sure the fact I offered more is the reason why I ended up taking it home and not the other callers.

#25 4 years ago

Why are you pretty sure of that?

Did the seller tell you had higher offers?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I may be going out on a limb but I bet that the sellers phone was ringing off the hook and the OP was emulating his friend practicalsteve and was, well practical. Not to mention ethical and realistic.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Who cares...

He accomplished the impossible...
-mof

#28 4 years ago

I know if I keep it I'll want to learn more about it, fix it up, and next thing you know I'll have a bunch of slots all over the house.

You going to go join Slotside?

#29 4 years ago

I'm glad this was in California, I would hate to have missed this. Nice score!

#31 4 years ago

Dang the slot is the score in this deal and it was free its worth more than the pin so free pin and profit very nice better than my 300 smb and 1400 bsd nice pickup

#32 4 years ago

I got a super nice sample Funhouse 6 months ago for $1700. Still not as sweet as getting a free pin and making a cool 1K.

#33 4 years ago

Nice grab! Yes, the slot is worth more than the pin. Hard to tell from the pic, but looks like an authentic Castle front (Its one of the most repro'd slots). If the back door it not a flat sheet, but indents then its most likely real.

#34 4 years ago

Most likely it's not called slotside, but I'm betting there is an online forum for slot enthusiasts.

#36 4 years ago

Newlifegames.com for slot machines.

#38 4 years ago

Also, Thank you for changing your avatar back to Andre the Giant, the beer can was throwing me off.

#39 4 years ago

Damn. My grail game...for two hundred bucks. I just threw up in my mouth. At least you're on the other side of the country so I don't feel too bad. Congrats.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Also, Thank you for changing your Avatar back to Andre the Giant, the beer can was throwing me off.

It was Andre's massive mitt holding a beer can. I guess people weren't picking up on that.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Damn. My grail game...for two hundred bucks. I just threw up in my mouth. At least you're on the other side of the country so I don't feel too bad. Congrats.

Don't spew too hard. I paid a lot more than that. Then again, the freebie slot should more than cover it making the Centaur free! Never mind. Spew away.

#42 4 years ago

Come on now...how much did you pay for it? You said you offered him above the asking price, but that could be a heck of a range

#43 4 years ago

It was Andre's massive mitt holding a beer can. I guess people weren't picking up on that.

Damn! Thought it was just a tiny can!

#44 4 years ago

score-score-score-score-score... hehe, NICE ONE!
get slot to working perfect and sell probably get Centuar back to perfect and still have some change?
then again, a slot machine piggybank rewarding bunch of dimes sometimes is pretty fricken cool too.

#45 4 years ago

Congrats on a great score.

#46 4 years ago

So it's true, there are still deals out here.
'Grats!

#47 4 years ago

Looking forward to PF pics.
-mof

#48 4 years ago

As long as it doesn't look like this it should be fine...(still regret not buying this one for 90 bucks..
20140927_130758_resized.jpg

#49 4 years ago

Got it unloaded last night. Just wiped off a butt load of dust and got my first good look at it. Not too shabby!

DSC_4320.JPGDSC_4321.JPGDSC_4324.JPGDSC_4325.JPG

#50 4 years ago

DSC_4326.JPGDSC_4329.JPGDSC_4332.JPGDSC_4333.JPGDSC_4335.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New York, NY
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 21.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 50.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TEXAS
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside