(Topic ID: 60242)

20 Pinball Machines for sale in Central PA - Some Fully Shopped & Some Projects

By too-many-pins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I just posted about 20 pins (a few EM's but mostly earlier SS pinball machines) for sale on Harrisburg, PA Craig's List if anyone in central PA area is looking for project or fully working machines. I really want (or need) to get out of one of my storage units this Fall so I decided to sell off a few machines.

See Harrisburg PA Craig's List for list and prices. Shopped machines have been gone over and are working 100%, freshly cleaned & waxed playfields, etc. Project machines are as purchased - working condition unknown on most.

I always hate selling machines but storage rent is getting old so it is time to let some machines go again. Emails through Pinside or Craig's List if you want any pictures but if you email through Pinside be sure to include
    your direct email address so I can send pictures.

#2 10 years ago

Any chance of posting the game names? You might get more interest that way.

#3 10 years ago

Direct Link: harrisburg.craigslist.org link
    (I assume, at least..)

Post edited by Excalabur : Caveat

#4 10 years ago

Thanks Excalabur! I should have done that.

Also - to anyone who PM's me for pictures PLEASE include your emails address in PM. I have gotten several PM's without email address and then I have to send a PM just to get email address to send pictures.

As of right now most machines are still available but I am holding Silverball Mania, Space Shuttle, Black Hole, and Cleopatra for people who have contacted me already. I don't want to say any of these are sold already because they are still here and cash has not changed hands but transactions on those are in the works. Otherwise the rest are still for sale at this point.

#5 10 years ago

email sent from craigslist

#6 10 years ago

At this point Space Shuttle, Black Hole, Hot Tip, and Silverball Mania are likely sold and I have had serious interest in several of the other machines.

Anyone who asked for pictures and still has not gotten them should have them by about 11 PM tonight. (It has been crazy here today between emails and a couple people looking & picking up machines but I am finally getting back to sending pictures). Thanks for all the PM action. I'll keep post updated as machines are sold.

#7 10 years ago

Are these different machines than the ones Coin Op Warehouse listed on facebook today? Many are the same titles...

#8 10 years ago

From the ad:
    Raven (better than average condition but should have translite replaced) About $650

ALL Ravens should have the fugly translite replaced!

GLW Sales!

#9 10 years ago

These are not games from Coinopwarehouse and I don't think any of my machines are the same titles as the ones Lloyd is selling. Most of the stuff I am selling is earlier that the load Lloyd has listed and my machines are much cheaper. It just happens both Lloyd & I have 20 so games listed this week and we are only about an hour apart. Thanks for asking!

And as far as Raven Translite - I agree!

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

These are not games from Coinopwarehouse and I don't think any of my machines are the same titles as the ones Lloyd is selling. Most of the stuff I am selling is earlier that the load Lloyd has listed and my machines are much cheaper. It just happens both Lloyd & I have 20 so games listed this week and we are only about an hour apart. Thanks for asking!

Thanks for clarifying. I hope you didn't take my question as combative-- it was genuine curiosity. Not often that one runs into 4 Black Hole machines in the same day!

#11 10 years ago

Fully understand! I think Black Hole was the only machine that both of us had listed. Crazy thing is Lloyd had 3 re-imports and ours was US version so ours was the only one with spinner in backglass.

A lot of those machines in Lloyd's lot I passed on a couple years ago when they were for sale in Lancaster, PA. I realized that yesterday after thinking about 3 re-import Black Holes and 3 or 4 other System 80 machine I knew looked like something I had seen before. I pulled up some old pictures and sure enough those were part of a lot of 13 or 14 System 80 I had passed on.

For anyone who reads this post and also saw Lloyd's games for sale I can tell you Lloyd sold most of them for plenty for what they were. I just glad I didn't make the 12 hour round trip down to VA to bid on them Saturday.

Don't take any of this wrong - Lloyd is a great guy but some of those machines looked better in pictures than they did in person. Or at least the 6 or 8 I had seen in person were not near as nice as pictures made them look.

#12 10 years ago

Tuesday afternoon update. I am still holding Black Hole, Space Shuttle, Hot Tip & Cleopatra for people but Silverball Mania buyer decided against it. He found a machine closer to home he wanted that wasn't going to need a playfield swap. My second Silverball guy also told me today he was going to pass for now so I still have that and most of the others if anyone is interested.

I have gotten a bunch of emails & sent a ton of pictures but nothing firm as far as sales except for the 4 machines listed above so I still have 16 of the 20 for sale if anyone is looking for late 1970's or early 1980's pins in Central PA area.

Thanks!

#13 10 years ago

Any chance you are going to Expo? Any chance of bringin' Raven there?

I'd call up a friend who lives in Philly to buy it, but he moved a while ago. His parents made him move to the west coast after some guys started trouble in his neighborhood.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

Any chance you are going to Expo? Any chance of bringin' Raven there?
    I'd call up a friend who lives in Philly to buy it, but he moved a while ago. His parents made him move to the west coast after some guys started trouble in his neighborhood.

His initials aren't WS by any chance, are they?

#15 10 years ago

The only show plans we have for this Fall are York, PA show and as things stand right now I already have a full load headed to York. Sorry I am not headed to Expo (maybe someday).

#16 10 years ago

Wednesday update: I think I have gotten back to everyone that emailed so if you emailed about any of these machines and you didn't get a reply from me please email again.

As things stand right now I have buyers lines up for Amazing Spiderman, Space Shuttle, Black Hole, Hot-Tip and Cleopatra. And I have several people waiting for pictures of Touchdown & Fireball II (so one or both might be sold). Otherwise the rest of these machines are still for sale if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Skip

#17 10 years ago

TMP,
    I pm'd you back in response, but wanted to thank you in the thread for getting back with all of us. Best of luck on all your sales.

#18 10 years ago

Thursday evening update: As of right now not much has been picked up yet but I am holding several machines for people until next week. If you have emailed and I have not replied please email again because as far as I know I have now gotten back to everyone that has emailed so far. I don't think I missed anyone but with all these emails I wanted to be sure.

After taking what is tentatively sold off the table out of 20 machines I still have these 9 for sale:

Shopped & Finished ready to take home and enjoy include:

300 EM - above average condition overall and I would rate it an 8 or better if it wasn't for a bad spot on the playfield about 1/2 the size of a dollar bill $550

Raven - above average condition overall but should have translite replaced $650

Royal Guard - heavy planking on playfield but otherwise very nice $500

Contact - super nice overall but backglass was touched up sometime in the past. $550

Charlies Angels - nicer than average backglass (for this title) but has some playfield wear $500

Project machines include:

Panthera - (better than average overall - likely needs board work) $300

Silverball Mania (ready for playfield swap - great backglass and nice cabinet) $350

Rock On (Allied Leisure - first SS pin - very nice overall but not working) $200

Super Flipper (Chicago Coin RARE arcade in pin cabinet - not tested) $150

Eleven are suppose to be already spoken for and nine to go to get me out of that Storage Unit before Oct 1st. Thanks for all the interest!

#19 10 years ago

I have never tried selling this many pins at once before. Talk about a lot of work trying to keep track of emails, who wants what & when, sending pictures, moving machines around to get pictures, etc.

Anyway it is about 5 PM Friday evening here on the east coast and I think I am finally finished sending pictures and getting back to everyone again. If I missed anyone please get back to me so I can get you taken care of.

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!

#20 10 years ago

Nothing much has changed since Thursday except a couple more machines have been added to the "for sale" list

300 EM - above average condition overall and I would rate it an 8 or better if it wasn't for a bad spot on the playfield about 1/2 the size of a dollar bill $550

Raven - above average condition overall but should have translite replaced $650

Contact - super nice overall but backglass was touched up sometime in the past. $550

Charlies Angels - nicer than average backglass (for this title) but has some playfield wear $500

Gorgar - better than average overall - plays great $850

Amazing Spiderman (players machine - a little rough all over - working 100%) $750

Touchdown - cabinet looks like NEW but has some playfield wear $750

Project machines include:

Panthera - (better than average overall - likely needs board work) $300

Silverball Mania (ready for playfield swap - great backglass and nice cabinet) $350

Rock On (Allied Leisure - first SS pin - very nice overall but not working) $200

Super Flipper (Chicago Coin RARE arcade in pin cabinet - not tested) $150

Mr & Mrs Pac-Man (very nice backglass & playfield but cabinet is a little rough as far as paint goes - boards many need some work) $450 to $550

If anyone has any interest in any of these machines I would love to get another 3 or 4 sold this coming week. The month is almost over and it looks like there is a chance I'll be able to get out of that unit the end of August instead of the end of Sept and save a little money on a months rent.

Thanks!

#21 10 years ago

Tuesday 8/27 update

I knew I had these priced to sell but I am totally blown away at the interest I have had in these machines. Most are still not actually picked up however all but a couple are actually spoken for if everyone actually shows up. Of 22 machines I listed less than a week ago only 4 are not spoken for and I added Gorgar after the original listing. 4 machines to go and I'll be sold out and totally out of storage if everyone actually shows up. THANKS to everyone!

Gorgar - better than average overall - plays great $850

#22 10 years ago

Would've gladly taken the Space Shuttle and the Silverball Mania if PA wasn't so *()%)*($)(* far away. Seems the big sales at decent prices most often happen up north or at least a days drive away. Blerg. Congrats on clearing out though. One day I shall have one of those magical finds...or not. There can't be and endless supply of warehouses and storage sheds. Again, congrats. /rant

#23 10 years ago

Looks like the ad has been flagged for removal. Did they all get sold, or did the ad get flagged by sour grape types?

#24 10 years ago

Don1,

I have a problem with my Craig's List ads getting flagged all the time by a couple "sour grapes types". I don't know exactly who but I have a pretty good idea that it is a couple other fairly local guys that buy and sell machines here in Central PA / Northern Maryland area.

When you pay pretty much top dollar when buying and sell fairly cheap there isn't much spread but we enjoy the hobby. On the other hand the competition hates us since we offer more for machines we buy and sell nicer machines than they do cheaper. So the only thing they can do to fight back is to keep flagging my listings. Sometimes as many as 6 to 8 times a day.

If you pull up Harrisburg PA Craig's List my listing is now the one that says 9 Pinball Machines for sale. I keep updating the number of machines every time I have to repost the ad because of the constant flagging. No point in putting up a link here because ad will likely be flagged again and kill like again.

Thanks for your interest!

#25 10 years ago

Well things are going as expected but not as I had hoped for. So far in the past couple days one guy who was suppose to pick up 2 games didn't show up and two others are now only taking one machine instead of two so 4 more will be added back to the for sale list shortly. I figure I'll wait till Sunday and then post an updated list once the rest of the "buyers" cycle through.

For now it looks like another month of storage unless something changes by Saturday night. I was hoping things didn't go in that direction but I fully expected it.

You can see my updated list at Harrisburg, PA Craig's List --- ( 9 Pinball machines for sale in Central PA)

#26 10 years ago

I'll assume the Space Shuttle wasn't one left behind.

#27 10 years ago

Space Shuttle, Black Hole, and Pac-Man were the first 3 to go.

I always figure if anything over 50% actually leaves of the - "tentatively sold stuff" - I am doing pretty good. When I list machines I don't get a deposit or anything and hold machines for people up to a week only asking that they let me know if they change their minds. I don't mind doing this but sometimes I think I have a machine sold 3 or 4 times before it actually leaves.

I love getting machines to people who really want them and since it is a hobby I don't worry how fast stuff sells. But I would still love to see enough machines gone to get out of storage ASAP.

#28 10 years ago

Depending on what's left, I might have to make some room in tha van Sunday!

#29 10 years ago

Bring some extra CASH and I'll be happy to fill that van for you on Sunday when you pick up the other two machines. If your van is like mine we should be able to get 4 in with no problem!

I am really not making much money on any of these machines but it still beats paying another year of storage rent which is how long it will likely take me to get all of them up & running & sold.

#30 10 years ago

I'll be putting another post up in a few weeks with more machines for sale but for now we have sold enough to get the space I needed. Thanks to all who have replied to this listing and my Craig's List ad. I still have 6 machines listed on Harrisburg PA Craig's List but this past week has been a huge success with 16 of 22 machines now tentatively sold or gone.

Thanks again to everyone here at Pinside for helping me get out of that storage unit!

#31 10 years ago

Prices reduced on a couple of the last 5 machines I still have for sale if anyone near Central PA wants a Royal Guard for $425 or Amazing Spiderman for $650. I have both of these listed for less than I have invested in them trying to get a quick sale. Take the pair and I knock another $75 off if you let me know you saw the post on Pinside.

Or make me an offer on the last 5 machines - I might surprise you I really want all of these gone ASAP.

Let me know you are a Pinside member and I'll give you the best price I can on any of the last 5 machines. But Touchdown I need at least $650 for because of my investment & cabinet condition.

#32 10 years ago

What are the last 5 machines? Hard to keep track

#33 10 years ago

"300" EM (very nice overall with a bad spot on playfield that should be touched up about 1/2 the size of a dollar bill) $550 (PRICE REDUCED TO $500 FIRM)

Royal Guard EM (heavy planking on playfield but otherwise pretty nice) $500 (PRICE REDUCED TO $425 FIRM)

Amazing Spiderman - a little rough all over - players machine $750 (PRICE REDUCED TO $650)

Wizard EM (better than average with super nice backglass) About $950 ** About a month away from being finished - will sell as a project before finished for $750

Gottlieb Touchdown (cabinet looks like NEW - pretty much flawless = playfield has some wear) About $700 to $750 Also I can get a clearcoated NOS playfield for this for around $250 if you are looking for a like new machine and don't mind doing a playfield swap. ** This should be one of our next projects to get finished. Should be completely done later this week.

(ALL above games will be working 100%, fully shopped - so these machines are basically plug & play) SS will have remote battery holder & boards will be checked over

#34 10 years ago

I hope you sell these, you seem like a good guy. With football season starting up I have an itching for some Gottlieb Touchdown. Maybe somebody else will too!
    & people should know that Wizard is one of the most badass EM's you can get.

#35 10 years ago

I try to be as fair & honest as possible when buying & selling. I love fixing machines - enjoying them once they are done - then getting the ones I don't want sold off to people who will love them.

We have been in the hobby about 4 years now and out of space most of the last two years. So these days I have to sell a machine for everyone I decide to buy and I have to remove one from the collection to add one to the collection.

If I had the money & space I would keep every machine I bought (except for when I get two or more of the same title). But we can only keep what we have space for so a bunch need to get sold this Fall (now that I am going to give up one of my storage units).

The cabinet of Touchdown is CRAZY clean - beyond belief - and a friend of mine has a NOS playfield for it. Originally I was going to do the playfield swap but just don't have the time.

Wizard has a decent playfield but it has some stains & paint loss (from mouse pee I think but it doesn't smell and I didn't fine any evidence of mice other than 3 or 4 stains on the playfield). It is really a shame because backglass is super and cabinet is very nice also.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I try to be as fair & honest as possible when buying & selling. I love fixing machines - enjoying them once they are done - then getting the ones I don't want sold off to people who will love them.
    We have been in the hobby about 4 years now and out of space most of the last two years. So these days I have to sell a machine for everyone I decide to buy and I have to remove one from the collection to add one to the collection.
    If I had the money & space I would keep every machine I bought (except for when I get two or more of the same title). But we can only keep what we have space for so a bunch need to get sold this Fall (now that I am going to give up one of my storage units).
    The cabinet of Touchdown is CRAZY clean - beyond belief - and a friend of mine has a NOS playfield for it. Originally I was going to do the playfield swap but just don't have the time.
    Wizard has a decent playfield but it has some stains & paint loss (from mouse pee I think but it doesn't smell and I didn't fine any evidence of mice other than 3 or 4 stains on the playfield). It is really a shame because backglass is super and cabinet is very nice also.

I hear ya. I like working on games myself but space limitations keep me from taking in projects, so I kind of just have to stick with the 4 games I have for a while, but if my space situation changes I'm sure I'll pile up pins too.

Isn't there mylar on the Touchdown PF? Or is the wear in the non protected areas?
    Also maybe I'm not recalling correctly but Wizard PF repros were for sale at some point & maybe somebody could still snag one somewhere.

#37 10 years ago

We are very lucky and have room for about 20 machines in our gameroom and another 12 to 15 in the garage and we are still always out of space.

As far as Touchdown - no Mylar on that and if it had Mylar on it as nice as the rest of the machines looks it probably would have passed for new just out of the box. I have NEVER seen a machine with an original cabinet this clean.

As far as Wizard - I am sure someone will snag that once I can get to it for pictures. It isn't all that bad and backglass is perfect or at least near perfect.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/20-pinball-machines-for-sale-in-central-pa-some-fully-shopped-some-projects and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.