Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinballKen
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-174.jpg
    P3080495.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

Registration officially open for "$20 and a 6er" Madison, WI

website should be active now (I just made it real quick so let me know if you see any issue).

LIMITED TO FIRST 16 people to register. SIGN UP NOW!

https://sites.google.com/site/helpbarryo/

Should be up on IFPA calendar soon

#2 10 years ago

Details from website in case you need em here...

"Anyone signing up for this likely already knows the deal. Barry Oursler and his wife have recently been hit with some large and ongoing medical expenses. This event is a fundraiser to help out one of the coolest pinball designers of all time.

I will keep it short and sweet.
    When: Saturday March 8th, 6pm (sharp) start time
    Where: Hilton and Heidi's place (register and you will be provided information)
    What: an IFPA sanctioned event limited to the first 16 people to sign up.
    Format: 4 4packs play through 5 rounds. 1st round 4-packs determined by IFPA ranks prior to event start. Rounds after than determined by finish position in previous round(all 1st places play together, 2nd places play together, etc). Points awarded 7-5-3-1 for 1st through 4th in each 4 pack each round. For example, if you win all 5 rounds you would have a perfect score for the event of 35 total points. May do 1 game playoffs if we have excessive ties...
    Expect competition to take 2.5-3hrs minimum.

We will likely do some sort of fun side event but that has not yet been decided for sure.

Following the event I will likely keep the doors open for competitors to hang out and have fun playing pinball. If you suck I retain the right to tell you to get the heck out In other words, please respect my house, my family, and my games.

Cost: $20 plus a 6er of good beer. 100% of the funds raised go to the Barry fund. If we hit the cap of 16 people then we will have raised $320 to help him out. The 6er of good/ unique beer is to share with everyone else. It is asked that you drink a different beer on each trip back to the cooler so we can all sample some great new brews. Please drink and play pinball responsibly!

How to reserve your spot: email XXXXX see it on website XXXX no need to post it here also
    Once you email you are committed and will get a confirmation. Pay the cash when you arrive. If you ditch after confirming, still pay the cash >> it is for charity Mr. Pink!

cheers

"

#3 10 years ago

board goes too damn fast lately...

#4 10 years ago

email sent.

always willing to help out.

Christopher
    King Pin Games

#5 10 years ago

3 spots filled. 13 to go.

#6 10 years ago

4 spots filled...

#7 10 years ago

5 spots filled

#8 10 years ago

I will not be checking email during the day for registrations but spots will be filled based on timestamp of your email.

In other words, get in now before it is all filled up

#9 10 years ago

7 spots filled! Get in while the gettin is good!

#10 10 years ago

make that 8... stoked!

#11 10 years ago

10 spots now filled.

#12 10 years ago

11 spots...

5 remain

#13 10 years ago

Can't commit, but I'll throw another donation to Barry O in honor of the event. I'll also donate the sixer you owe me for the Pack taking the division!

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Can't commit, but I'll throw another donation to Barry O in honor of the event. I'll also donate the sixer you owe me for the Pack taking the division!

Sounds good! I already have 3 6ers from over-wishing cheeseheads that bet me they were going to win the superbowl, LOL. Felt good to collect on those bets a few weeks back.

keep the registrations coming

#15 10 years ago

bump

#16 10 years ago

I am not 100% sure at this point but we may be full? I recieved a few txts this morning but need to confirm email timing when I get home later today.

If anyone else wants in you should email ASAP to try and reserve a spot (if any are still available).

#17 10 years ago

all slots taken.

please contact me if you want on the wait list.

#18 10 years ago

bump.

Still taking waiting list names if anyone wants on the "just in case someone else bails at the last minute" list...

This is a fully IFPA sanctioned event with main event and likely a side event or two. We are also taking any donations you want to add to the Barry Fund. 100% of all cash goes directly to IFPA/Barry and no $ lost to fees or any other stuff. Great cause and will be a great time!

3 weeks later
    #19 10 years ago

We got a nice donation of a BUNCH of beer from ChrisS and delivered by TimFish today. Hope you guys bring your drinking shoes for next weekend!

Super nice of you to bring the beer Tim and for the donation Chris!

#20 10 years ago

I sent out an email earlier this week to those registered. If you did not get it, PM me.

5pm is practice time start. 6pm is competition.

Bring your cash and your beer and be ready for a good time.

#21 10 years ago

Thumbs up for tfish and ChrisS. Great guys.

#22 10 years ago

see yall soon!

Games are playing nice and I just got done tuning a few things up.

Be careful on the ice when coming down the driveway. Reminder to come to the back sliding door.

#23 10 years ago

Great tourney and raised some money for Barry Oursler! Tourney went super smooth and everyone there was nothing but cool. Thanks for organizing the event Hilton, what a great cause and fun tourney!
    You might have beer for a couple months too!

#24 10 years ago

Yeah, I need to organize another event to just drink the leftovers!

ChrisS and TFish helped seed the pot and now there is even more! I think I will bring all the extras to MGC after party!

#25 10 years ago

Bring the beer to MGC, but surely do not think about bringing "the Good Stuff". That great bourbon is like crack...and I need another fix!

#26 10 years ago

what time should we come over today for MET fun?

#27 10 years ago

What would be a good time for you guys? I am thinking somewhere around 1:00pm?

#28 10 years ago

A group shot from last night

P3080495.JPGP3080495.JPG

#29 10 years ago

Thanks to all! Pretty cool that a group of 16 will come together and each donate cash to help out a pinball designer most have never even met!

#30 10 years ago

Hope you had soda for Ian.

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Hope you had soda for Ian.

He had a root BEER

#32 10 years ago

Nice photo! A little disappointed "The Godfather" wasn't on a throne, with everyone else surrounding him

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

He had a root BEER

Ian drank ALL the root BEER!
    I needed a break from the bourbon and was seeking out an A and W...when Ian killed em all. I am kidding of course about Ian, but they were gone.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Nice photo! A little disappointed "The Godfather" wasn't on a throne, with everyone else surrounding him

We tried to keep him out of the spotlight. We were afraid the Chicago Pinball Mafia might try and put a hit on our Don...

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

A group shot from last night

P3080495.JPG 201 KB

Good looking group of people!

Neo is doing is usual pose.

Hilton - great job coordinating/hosting/running/etc. as always. Let's do it again.

#36 10 years ago

Thanks Hilton and Heidi - super fun time and a great bunch of people attending (as always)!

#37 10 years ago

Yup, I had a blast too! Didn't do very well, but had fun trying!

Thanks to Hilton, Heidi & the Dogs for their hospitality!!

#38 10 years ago

Thanks for putting this on Hilton and Heidi. I had a blast and its great that we were able to raise some cash for a great cause in the process!

#39 10 years ago

Last night was perfect on so many levels.
    Great friends.
    Great beers.
    Great playing pins.
    Great cause.
    Well done Hilton & Heidi!

#41 10 years ago

Hilton won!

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

We were afraid the Chicago Pinball Mafia might try and put a hit on our Don...

No worries I think soon the Wisconsin Pinball Mafia will be able to take on the Chicago Pinball Mafia soon. We just have to recruit!

Sidenote: If the F.B.I. is watching this thread.... I am kidding!

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

No worries I think soon the Wisconsin Pinball Mafia will be able to take on the Chicago Pinball Mafia soon. We just have to recruit!

Don't know about the FBI, but you are definitely on the NSA watch list.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from tmac:

the fib bot may just sell Mafia / recruit and state / city name

#45 10 years ago

You did not place

I reported stuff to IFPA but I am assuming there is a bit of a back log in getting stuff up. Hopefully soon.

I did in fact win the main event amazingly. It was not rigged, I swear! I actually was having one of my best nights of pinball in a long time and honestly/sadly had not even played any of my games since Dec 28th as I was so busy on house projects and now the TAF restoration. I put up 87? mil on FT which anyone that knows my FT knows that is pretty good for competition.

We also had a fun side event on TX-sector that Tim E dominated and a new to competitive pinball friend took 2nd place.

#46 10 years ago

Results are up, and funds have been transferred!

Great job guys!

Josh

#47 10 years ago

This happened during the TX-Sector side event.
    image-174.jpgimage-174.jpg

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

This happened during the TX-Sector side event.

image-174.jpg 196 KB

Extra ball?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/20-and-a-6er-march-8th-2014-6pm-a-pinball-event-for-barry-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.