(Topic ID: 175228)

2 woodrail bingo and Gottlieb Play Ball value

By DCRand

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Three pins (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 7 years ago

From my experience here on the east coast Bingo Machines are basically impossible to sell for much of anything (maybe $50 each or something like that). And if you think parting them out might be the way to go I can tell you from experience bingo parts are as hard (or harder) then complete machine as far as selling goes. I have passed up bingo machines for free just because they are nearly impossible to find buyers for.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Depends on the game, depends on condition, same thing as any game.
    My east coast experience is different.
    Also depends on the parts. Some things are difficult to find. Other things are very common.

I have found people who love Bingo machines really seem to enjoy them and I have talked to people who say they are really hard to repair & also hard to master as far as gameplay. Being very honest I have never played one but some day I would love to learn more about them.

But from experience I know they are a hard sell at any price - much like puck bowlers (shuffle alleys) - and it is really sad. Some of these machines can be a ton of fun but they just don't get much love.

I picked up a Bingo machine last week in a group purchase if anyone close to Central PA happens to be looking for one CHEAP!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks for the info and link. Posted my question there as well. Would need to sell the two Bingo machines for $400 to get the Playball for what I think it is worth. Doesn't sound promising that I could get anywhere near $200 each in this condition. Think I will probably pass although would have liked to get the Playball.

Don't worry too much about the deal. The guy is likely going to contact you again in a few weeks begging you to buy the lot since it is highly unlikely anyone else will want the Bingo machines at his price either. At that point lower your $500 offer and take it from there. Or if you really want the Playball just offer him the $250 that is worth and be done with it.

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

***** WoW *******
    Notice all the 'Bingo Bias ' here. ...... mostly on the West Coast.
    * Big Time is one of my many favorite Bingos... BTW.

I don't think it is "Bingo Bias" to give someone an honest answer from our experience with them. My answer was based on my experience trying to sell the few I have owned. I would rather see the OP walk from the deal then see him expect to flip a couple Bingo machines fairly quickly in unknown condition for $400 each. I highly doubt that would happen.

I know the guys into Bingo's love them and that is GREAT but this isn't about that - this is about someone asking for an honest answer to a question about value on a couple Bingo's in unknown condition. I doubt even you hard core Bingo guys could feel good leading him to believe they would be worth more than $100 each in that condition.

Just my 2 cents on things!

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Well, looks like I am going to let them go. Seller got an offer of $350 for the Playball, which I think is seriously too high. And $200 each for the bingos just doesn't seem to make sense. Hope they find a good home.

SMART MOVE! Sometimes we try to talk ourselves into something being OK to do and that is when we take a hit. Sometimes it is better to just walk away and wait for the "better deal" to come along. I hate it when I talk myself into doing something stupid and then miss out on a better deal because I am out of space or money. Things always seem to work out in the end but sometimes you are better off taking the easier path.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-woodrail-bingo-and-gottlieb-play-ball-value?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.