2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by too-many-pins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Three pins (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Need help with values. Have a guy here locally who has these three machines for sale. Wants 300 for Playball, and $1,000 for all three. I don't think the Playball is worth more than 200. All three are sitting on the floor and may or may not have all the legs. All plug in and light but make serious bad noises. The cabinet on Playball is rough at best, the backglass looks pretty good, but playfield not sure because it is so dirty. All three have been sitting for years. I offered $500 for all three, but think that may be too high. Any ideas?

Three pins (resized).jpg

#2 2 years ago

Depends are you going to flip them or keep them?

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Depends are you going to flip them or keep them?

Not sure on Playball, have two wedgeheads I like, so would like to keep it. I don't want the bingo games, no time to work on them or space. So would flip them, and not looking to make a killing, would just use getting them to get Playball.

#4 2 years ago

500 for all three in a heartbeat

--Jeff

#5 2 years ago

If the Bingos are in decent shape, you would be lucky to get both for $1000.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

500 for all three in a heartbeat
    --Jeff

Sounds about right.

#7 2 years ago

So I guess the real question is if I buy all three for $1,000, is there a market for the two bingo machines at about $400 each so my end cost for the Playball is the $200 that I think it is worth? Or would I be sitting on the bingo's for months? Just don't have time and money to restore them, and frankly would like to see them go to someone who would restore them. Right now all three are sitting in an old house being used as a warehouse with no heat / AC or humidity control.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

.........is there a market for the two bingo machines at about $400 each so my end cost for the Playball is the $200 that I think it is worth? Or would I be sitting on the bingo's for months?

I love my bingo, but....

You say they are not working and are not sure they are complete. Not a sound buy unless they worked properly.

#9 2 years ago

Bingos make em's seem like a walk in the park! I remember looking inside one - wow, no thanks.

Unless you like restoring games $500 seems expensive as Playball doesn't look in great condition.

#10 2 years ago

OK, so just got a counter offer from the seller that I can live with for the three machines. Think I am going to take them, so if anybody wants a Hi Fi, or Big Time Bingo make me an offer because going to be looking for homes for the two bingo's as quickly as possible.

#11 2 years ago

"Hi-Fi" has that crazy "bump" feature. Pretty unique in that respect.

#12 2 years ago

Good luck getting any serious $$ out of the bingos. Hope you got them cheap!

#13 2 years ago

Bingos are boat anchors out in California. Unless they are fully playable, you can't even get $50 for them at Auction (Believe me, we have tried!!!!). They have to be fully shopped and looking pretty darn nice to get any interest at all out here.

I believe you were right in the first place. About $200 for the Playball and leave the bingos behind. Don't know about Hi Fi but I own a Big Time and it doesn't have much going for it. At least B/T has the magic lines. It doesn't appear Hi Fi has any special features?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

"Hi-Fi" has that crazy "bump" feature. Pretty unique in that respect.

Hi-Fi is a bit of a rarity due to this - it was the only machine designed to nudge itself! I am looking for parts, but that machine looks pretty nice. That said, they are not going to go for a lot of money. Hi-Fi will go for more than Big Time.

Quoted from CactusJack:

B/T has the magic lines.

Big Time is the only game with all five vertical magic lines. It also has spotted numbers and rollovers spot, along with super cards.

Quoted from CactusJack:

It doesn't appear Hi Fi has any special features?

Aside from the bump feature (flipper buttons on the side), Hi-Fi has super cards and select-a-spot (big dial on the front). That's a powerful feature that allows you to win more easily on the super cards.

Hi-Fi looks complete and original.

Big Time in the pic has been repainted (though the original design is not what I'd call beautiful), and looks like it's missing the dials for the magic lines?

#15 2 years ago

Thanks for all the input, yep a little worried about the bingos, but just want to pretty much break even on them. Hopefully more than a boat anchor. When complete the deal and pick them up will post good pics and will be able to tell more about condition. If I had too would be willing to part them, but would prefer not.

#16 2 years ago

From my experience here on the east coast Bingo Machines are basically impossible to sell for much of anything (maybe $50 each or something like that). And if you think parting them out might be the way to go I can tell you from experience bingo parts are as hard (or harder) then complete machine as far as selling goes. I have passed up bingo machines for free just because they are nearly impossible to find buyers for.

#17 2 years ago

Depends on the game, depends on condition, same thing as any game.

My east coast experience is different.

Also depends on the parts. Some things are difficult to find. Other things are very common.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

From my experience here on the east coast Bingo Machines are basically impossible to sell for much of anything (maybe $50 each or something like that). And if you think parting them out might be the way to go I can tell you from experience bingo parts are as hard (or harder) then complete machine as far as selling goes. I have passed up bingo machines for free just because they are nearly impossible to find buyers for.

Yeah, it's sad, because these would still really be a lot of fun if they were still used as gambling devices in bars.

#19 2 years ago
    Quoted from bingopodcast:

Also depends on the parts. Some things are difficult to find. Other things are very common.

I have found people who love Bingo machines really seem to enjoy them and I have talked to people who say they are really hard to repair & also hard to master as far as gameplay. Being very honest I have never played one but some day I would love to learn more about them.

But from experience I know they are a hard sell at any price - much like puck bowlers (shuffle alleys) - and it is really sad. Some of these machines can be a ton of fun but they just don't get much love.

I picked up a Bingo machine last week in a group purchase if anyone close to Central PA happens to be looking for one CHEAP!

#20 2 years ago

I picked up a Bingo machine last week in a group purchase if anyone close to Central PA happens to be looking for one CHEAP!

What's the title?

There's also a bingo-centric thread over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl

I have found people who love Bingo machines really seem to enjoy them

Yes! But also folks who have had an opportunity to play and understand them tend to get enjoyment from them. They are like any game - if you play it without knowing the objective, and means of achieving it, it makes it feel like a bad game. Bingos have a depth that is hard to match. Due to the partial radomization of each coin or button press, every single game is completely different. Your goals change on the fly. There's lots to love about the gameplay.

But from experience I know they are a hard sell at any price - much like puck bowlers (shuffle alleys) - and it is really sad

I agree. Though depending on title, it can make a BIG difference.

#21 2 years ago

What's the title?

Someone is going to run out of space

I know they are a hard sell at any price - much like puck bowlers (shuffle alleys)

I'd love to have one (puck bowler), but they take up some space. Next house we buy I am holding out for a full game room

#22 2 years ago

What's the title?
    There's also a bingo-centric thread over here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-bingo-pinballs-came-up-on-cl

Yes! But also folks who have had an opportunity to play and understand them tend to get enjoyment from them. They are like any game - if you play it without knowing the objective, and means of achieving it, it makes it feel like a bad game. Bingos have a depth that is hard to match. Due to the partial radomization of each coin or button press, every single game is completely different. Your goals change on the fly. There's lots to love about the gameplay.

I agree. Though depending on title, it can make a BIG difference.

Thanks for the info and link. Posted my question there as well. Would need to sell the two Bingo machines for $400 to get the Playball for what I think it is worth. Doesn't sound promising that I could get anywhere near $200 each in this condition. Think I will probably pass although would have liked to get the Playball.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks for the info and link. Posted my question there as well. Would need to sell the two Bingo machines for $400 to get the Playball for what I think it is worth. Doesn't sound promising that I could get anywhere near $200 each in this condition. Think I will probably pass although would have liked to get the Playball.

Don't worry too much about the deal. The guy is likely going to contact you again in a few weeks begging you to buy the lot since it is highly unlikely anyone else will want the Bingo machines at his price either. At that point lower your $500 offer and take it from there. Or if you really want the Playball just offer him the $250 that is worth and be done with it.

#24 2 years ago

***** WoW *******
    Notice all the 'Bingo Bias ' here. ...... mostly on the West Coast.
    * Big Time is one of my many favorite Bingos... BTW.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from JKnPA:

***** WoW *******
    Notice all the 'Bingo Bias ' here. ...... mostly on the West Coast.
    * Big Time is one of my many favorite Bingos... BTW.

I don't think it is "Bingo Bias" to give someone an honest answer from our experience with them. My answer was based on my experience trying to sell the few I have owned. I would rather see the OP walk from the deal then see him expect to flip a couple Bingo machines fairly quickly in unknown condition for $400 each. I highly doubt that would happen.

I know the guys into Bingo's love them and that is GREAT but this isn't about that - this is about someone asking for an honest answer to a question about value on a couple Bingo's in unknown condition. I doubt even you hard core Bingo guys could feel good leading him to believe they would be worth more than $100 each in that condition.

Just my 2 cents on things!

#26 2 years ago

JK and Too Many, Thanks for the info. Would need to sell the bingo's for 200 each which would be a straight break even. If could line that up before handing over the money to the seller would be no problem. Then would have the PB for $200 which I would put in storage till spring when could take the time to start work on it. Just finishing fixing up (not restoring) a Fun Fest and a Spot Bowler which are still in process. And have a Liberty Bell that I seem to have overpaid for because trying to sell it for what I paid with no success. So really don't want to be sitting on two bingos that I overpaid for, but don't want to see the seller get frustrated and junk them.

#27 2 years ago

Well, all it takes is scanning Craig's list. You see bingo pins festering there for months on end not selling. High or low end, it does not seem to matter in my area. They just sit.
    Hey, I like bingo's myself.... picked up a Show time in decent semi-working condition a few months back for $120 (& I probably overpaid!) It's in my restore queue waiting it's turn....

#28 2 years ago

I was just at a fellow collectors house this last weekend. He was demonstrating how to play his bingo machine (Bally Palm Springs). I can now see the draw to them. It's a totally different type of gameplay that is kind of a nice departure from standard pinball.

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

I was just at a fellow collectors house this last weekend. He was demonstrating how to play his bingo machine (Bally Palm Springs). I can now see the draw to them. It's a totally different type of gameplay that is kind of a nice departure from standard pinball.

Agree.

Great when you win.

Downsides are that they weigh a ton and are beyond complicated to fix!

#30 2 years ago

Well, looks like I am going to let them go. Seller got an offer of $350 for the Playball, which I think is seriously too high. And $200 each for the bingos just doesn't seem to make sense. Hope they find a good home.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCRand:

Well, looks like I am going to let them go. Seller got an offer of $350 for the Playball, which I think is seriously too high. And $200 each for the bingos just doesn't seem to make sense. Hope they find a good home.

SMART MOVE! Sometimes we try to talk ourselves into something being OK to do and that is when we take a hit. Sometimes it is better to just walk away and wait for the "better deal" to come along. I hate it when I talk myself into doing something stupid and then miss out on a better deal because I am out of space or money. Things always seem to work out in the end but sometimes you are better off taking the easier path.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Toppers
    liorillusion
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 46.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,500.00
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.50
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 8,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    PinballSTAR Amusements
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    $ 229.99
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside