Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mnpin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB.jpg

#1 9 years ago

2 small arcades with pinball at Minneapolis St Paul Airport

I'm currently enjoyed/enduring/experiencing/etc...
    the most epic layover overnight at an airport of my life.
    As I was jogging towards my missed flight (3 of 3 for the day),
    I went past an arcade with 4 pinball machines!
    While jogging into the concourse where I missed the flight,
    I then saw another small arcade with 2 pinball mahines.
    Being stuck here the night, I'm wed to the idea of playing what's here.
    I then played pinball in both.
    I'll post videos tonight and photos in the future...

#2 9 years ago

Arcade with 4 machines...

#3 9 years ago

Arcade with 2 pinball machines...

#4 9 years ago

At least you have something to do while you wait! Hope you make it where you are going soon.

#5 9 years ago

I was just in the one with 2 machines last week. I added it to the map. Didn't see the other.

#6 9 years ago

The 2nd one is near the end of F.

#7 9 years ago

Unless the operator has improved his maintenance, those machines are shit. I have to travel through that airport frequently and I have not once played a pin there that didn't have problems, usually major ones. Perfect setup for an op...people are flying somewhere else, so no incentive to keep them in top shape. No one is going to complain for a refund.

Examples: POTC ship didn't work. How do you advance in the game if the ship doesn't work? Or games so off level that almost any shot is a drain on an outlane. Or my favorite might have been the pin that didn't cycle out of the attract mode.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Unless the operator has improved his maintenance, those machines are shit

+1000

I am pretty sure I have put that airport in the pinside database will all the machines. I don't know if I have their conditions correct though. The 2 in the Aurora Borealis are usually in the best shape. The 4 in the Lucky Lindy's are rough, rough, rough. The POTC ship is done. You can barely plunge the ball. The SM had major issues. The RollingStones had super weak flippers but the game was still playable as none of the shots need much power.
    There used to be a 3rd arcade in there with games but I couldn't find it last time.. I think it closed.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

+1000
    I am pretty sure I have put that airport in the pinside database will all the machines. I don't know if I have their conditions correct though. The 2 in the Aurora Borealis are usually in the best shape. The 4 in the Lucky Lindy's are rough, rough, rough. The POTC ship is done. You can barely plunge the ball. The SM had major issues. The RollingStones had super weak flippers but the game was still playable as none of the shots need much power.
    There used to be a 3rd arcade in there with games but I couldn't find it last time.. I think it closed.

AGREED! I spend a lot of time in this airport and the pins are horrific. Tron (terminal C) sat with broken plastics, no sound, and a pinball on top of a broken sling for months this year. It was really unplayable and I always hated to think how many people put a quarter in it and then had a very negative opinion of pinball. Rolling Stones next to it was not much better.

#10 9 years ago

I've always thought that an airport is perhaps the greatest location for people interested in spending some time playing (layovers, getting through security early). At the same time, it has to be brutal for an operator to maintain them. I mean unless he has some sort of agreement where he gets to park for free while he works on them, I can't see it being worth it for him to keep them working.

#11 9 years ago

http://theisenvending.com/

You could call and complain but I doubt it will do you any good.

#12 9 years ago

WPT works just fine (rarely played but by babyboomer card players)
    POTC crappy! ship is toast and weaker flippers
    SM is funky, 3rd flipper is ok, left is so so, right sticks and kinda weak, sandman is hunched over and sometimes registers, with all that I almost got a high score. O-p.s... code was never ever updated
    Elvis was so so

Mustang is good but then had ball through opto problems
    Rolling Stones worked so so

#13 9 years ago

HA!
    under their site the take problem ticket...
    http://theisenvending.com/service/

Equipment Type
    Kiddie Ride
    Carousel
    Beverage Machine
    Candy/Snack Machine
    Hot Beverage Machine
    Office Coffee Machine
    Cold Food Machine
    Music Machine
    Dartboard Machine
    Pooltable
    Video Game
    Other

Pinball = other, screw it!
    fucxing! hot bev machine over pinball?

#14 9 years ago

Called them, spoke with Penny, she maybe took notes on the game problems I told her.
    I then inquired about buying games, sent over to Dale, left a voicemail inquiring about games for sale,
    will let ya know. Let me know in the future if anything is fixed haha.

#15 9 years ago

i filled out one of their forms and wrote out a ton of problems on the machines. I didn't really need/want my change back but never did get it either - or a response. I did get initials up though. KMW was GC on the LOTR

#16 9 years ago

Back at the MSP airport this morning. I stopped in at my usual place for pin at the "Aurora Borealis" down by gate C1 (another of Theisen Gaming's arcades here.) Mercifully, they seem to have retired Tron and now have Mustang. Played several games and it seems to be working very well. Although I noticed lots of bugs in the game losing track of the ball and prematurely ending my turn (or multiball). Could be a switch I suppose. The Rolling Stones next to it has some minor issues (a couple broken plastics, a sticky flipper, and a couple switch issues.) I wish they added more pins to this arcade though so I didn't have to walk all the way down to terminal F.
    AB.jpgAB.jpg

#17 9 years ago

I was just there in Terminal 2 last week. They had a LOTR, IJ4 and BDK. LOTR left flipper was junk, IJ4 worked ok but would randomly reboot about every 2-3 games. BDK played better than the rest but still not 100%. The BDK free game setting was pretty low so i got 5 free games on it which was cool but the best part is that it wouldn't take my second quarter the last time i played. I pushed the coin return button and nothing. I noticed that the coin return door wouldn't push in so i gave it a good smack and voila, about $4.00 in quarters came falling out. So i actually made money playing these games, lol. All in all a pretty god experience on my part.

#18 9 years ago

I play pinball with a wide stance at that airport.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I play pinball with a wide stance at that airport.

As long as you don't play any "stall tactics" and keep your pants on, it probably won't be an issue.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-small-arcades-with-pinball-at-minneapolis-st-paul-airport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.