Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Billy16
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

61+Dp92H-nL._AC_SL1230_ (resized).jpg
    image-901.jpg
    image-914.jpg
    image-945.jpg
    image-941.jpg
    image-237.jpg
    image-289.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

How many pins can you connect to one subwoofer? I know you can up to 4 with the pinnovator thing.

Without that, can 2 be hooked up or just one?

Thanks,

Darin

#3 9 years ago

So if both pins are being played simultaneously is there any issue?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

lol maybe, but a really efficient woofer can be had for under 20 bucks delivered, if its being sold theres not "does the sub go with it?", they're just looking underneath wondering "where the sub?!", kinda fun.

What is your suggestion on that?

I have a friend with an ACDC premium which has an upgraded in-cab woofer and a SM with the external. Seems to me the external sounds better with no cab rattle. I'm certainly open to suggestions though.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

Same with our adapters. One RCA from one game one RCA from the other is how I run two into mine at home.

Quoted from msj2222:

Two pins on one sub with stereo speaker level inputs. One uses right channel the other uses left channel. I just solder alligator clips to 6ft of speaker wire and clip to cabinet speaker leads. Run the other end thru a cabinet vent hole and to the L or R input on the sub. very easy, no issues. I am running 5 subs right now.

Any need to solder the speaker wires together and make an RCA or just put in the Left and Right speaker wire inputs (which is what I am planning on doing)? I just want to make sure I both my pins can be played simultaneously without any crossover.

Also, and suggestions on the crossover dial setting on the back of the Polk?

Thanks. Hoping on getting these set up in the next day or so.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Schwaggs:

No RCA needed for 2 pins. A piece of speaker wire from the cabinet speaker in each pin to each speaker level input on the sub.
    You need to play around with the volume and crossover setting to see what you like best and what works best for your pins. I find that the volume needs to be all the way up on most pins. I would start with the crossover at the highest setting and see if that generates too much or muddy bass and turn it down from there. You also want to make sure the polarity on your speaker wires is correct (+ to red, - to black)

Coming off the woofer are two yellow wires...one has a stripe. I think I read somewhere that the convention for speakers is the striped wire is the negative. Is this true? (The posts on the woofer are not marked +/-.

#26 9 years ago

I think I answered my own question...on Flipper Fidelity's instructions which I found online they mention the striped wire being negative.

I have both games hooked up and it is a very nice addition.

Thanks to everyone who had some input.

Darin

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I gotta give major props to the great guys from Pinnovators. I have their PINsmx subwoofer connector system. With it you can hook up to 4 machines on one sub! I have 3 machines on one sub myself and it works flawlessly and was a breeze to install. Very straight forward and if you have and issues, hit Lorenzo up and he'll take care of you and get you up and running in no time.
    Additionally, if anyone has any installation questions, feel free to ask me as well.

I gave serious thought to getting one of these. I have 2 pins on one wall and then the others are on the opposite wall. When I get my Hobbit delivered I'd say there is a decent chance I'll buy another sub and then use the pinnnovators thing to hook up 3 or 4 pins.

#34 9 years ago

Well, I hopefully have an offer coming on some land this week. If that actually happens, I'm going to try to pick up a 2-3 pins in the near future which will give me enough pins on one wall to perhaps make it worthwhile.

Oh, please, please, let the offer come, baby!

Quoted from Pinfidel:Hey D!
    Yeah, the Pinnovators sub kit is really cool and super easy to install. If you need any help, (you got my number) shoot me a call and I'll walk you through it.
    Good luck and have a great Christmas and New Year with your family brothah.

#37 9 years ago

Yep. Thanks. Would be fun to fill up the game room more right before Christmas

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-pins-per-subwoofer?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.