(Topic ID: 42273)

2 pins in a van?

By DCfoodfreak

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20220801-180604_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20220728_122735 (resized).jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Any body used a van to move pins? I need to grab two pins and dont own a truck. I was going to rent a Van from Home depot but not sure if they will fit.

#2 11 years ago

I think you might be alright with the van. I have seen some pretty crazy pics on here with a number of pins stuffed into cars and vans.

#3 11 years ago

I've fit three at once in a Dodge minivan before.

--Luke

#4 11 years ago

You can get 4 WPC games in a Ford E-150 on their bellies.

#5 11 years ago

I've fit two in a Honda Odyssey no problem. One sideways behind the seats, another lengthwise in the back with room to spare.

#6 11 years ago

Dodge Grand Caravan Easily carries 2 with heads folded--no seats in the back. One pin goes in through the side doors, the other in the back.

Quoted from tracelifter:

You can get 4 WPC games in a Ford E-150 on their bellies.

I wish I knew how to do that, I had the longest Chevy van they made, and I could only fit three if I remember correctly. Maybe the dolly and tools was taking up the extra room.

#7 11 years ago

I can get 3 in my extended version Aerostar, it's all about if it's wide enough to get a game in sideways thru the side door, then you should be able to get the other 2 side by side thru the back. If the games you are moving don't have removable heads, then you may have to get creative, but 2 should be no problem in most vans.

#8 11 years ago

I fit 2 wide bodies in a Dodge Grand Caravan that I rented from National just a couple weeks ago. A TZ and STTNG. Didn't have to remove the gun handle from the STTNG either.

#9 11 years ago

Ive seen three in an Aerostar but it is tight. Please be careful though as things can go awry in seconds...tear the inside of the van up and you might have to pay extra. This can lead to an argument with the spouse and get you thrown out of the house. This disruption could cause you to be late for work and possibly lose your job, forcing you to live in the van and move down by the river. But hey, at least you will have the pins.

#10 11 years ago

I have a Chevy 1500 Express van and it fits 2 easily even with shelving units.

#11 11 years ago

I've fit four pins in a Dodge Grand Caravan, plus 16 NOS playfields and luggage for two and drove 11 hours to Allentown two years ago. Good times.....LOL.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#12 11 years ago

I need to see pics of 3 pins in a minivan. Im having a hard time picturing that one.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from KC_Masterpiece:

Dodge Grand Caravan Easily carries 2 with heads folded--no seats in the back. One pin goes in through the side doors, the other in the back.

I wish I knew how to do that, I had the longest Chevy van they made, and I could only fit three if I remember correctly. Maybe the dolly and tools was taking up the extra room.

Two in the back through the side door backs to the door then two in the side door backs to the driver's side.
    They don't want to go in from the back because of the door posts.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I've fit four pins in a Dodge Grand Caravan, plus 16 NOS playfields and luggage for two and drove 11 hours to Allentown two years ago. Good times.....LOL.

I need pics of that one John!

Great meeting you at the Ohio show btw.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Winner!!!
    Lol, looks like Buddy is saving me. But holy cow that must have been a tight ride.

I know…Thats what she said!

Thanks gang.

#16 11 years ago

I used to own a Ford E-150 and could easily get 4 games in it without even trying.

9 years later
    #17 1 year ago

Necromancing this old thread.

Has anyone moved 2 Wide body pins on a UHAUL 9' Cargo Van.... Not a minivan, not any type of VAN, the Uhaul in 2022 9' Van

https://www.uhaul.com/Truck-Rentals/Cargo-Van/

I typically get the medium cargo Van from Home Depot and it is great because it has the perfect height for pins, but the regular Van is not as tall and I am not sure if they would fit standing on their butt so they would have lay flat without legs, and I am not sure if 2 fit in this Van.

Has anybody actually used the Haul Van for moving more than 1 pin. I am moving 2 widebodys.

#18 1 year ago

I wish I had a picture of it still but I had four pins in a Dodge Caravan (DE Playboy, Judge Dredd, Dolly Parton, and a woodrail that I can't remember the name of) and 16 NOS playfields along with our luggage and drove to Allentown.

John

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I wish I had a picture of it still but I had four pins in a Dodge Caravan (DE Playboy, Judge Dredd, Dolly Parton, and a woodrail that I can't remember the name of) and 16 NOS playfields along with our luggage and drove to Allentown.
    John

I believe it, I have seen it but I am looking to rent a cargo van and not a mini van as the cargo van is more affordable by half.

I am not sure a pin would fit on a regular size cargo van so trying to figure out how they would fit

#20 1 year ago

Just lay it down flat and problem solved, it's safer that way anyways.

John

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Just lay it down flat and problem solved, it's safer that way anyways.
    John

Well that is the dillema I have, do they fit?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Well that is the dillema I have, do they fit?

I just got two classic sterns in a Chevy traverse, so I like your odds. Also the site has the measurements of the van .

20220728_122735 (resized).jpg20220728_122735 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220801-180604_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220801-180604_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #23 1 year ago

I used to fit three older games in my GMC Sonoma, all the heads were removed. Sometimes you had to do what you had to do, plus there was a cap on the truck too.

John

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from ozuba:

I've fit two in a Honda Odyssey no problem. One sideways behind the seats, another lengthwise in the back with room to spare.

Same. No issues getting two WPC’s will heads left on in an odyssey. I didnt go through side doors, first one through rear, then turned sideways behind front seats. Then second in back with room at the sides. Might of even got a third in provided head was removed (could not get two sxs with heads on).

I was so against getting a van but with three young kids in child seats i lost the battle. But it was such a Great pinhauler, and weather? Who cares!

Anyway, that wasn’t wat OP asked but if you can get 2 in an odyssey you should have no difficulty in a cargo van from the Depot.

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I just got two classic sterns in a Chevy traverse, so I like your odds. Also the site has the measurements of the van .
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Those dimensions are incorrect which is why I am asking. When I measure the van myself It was close to 50 inches in height and not the 56” the graphic claims.

If it is 50, a pin will most likely not fit on its butt, specially if it has a weird shooter (gun/handle/whatever) like most wpc do.

I know 100% that a medium van is perfect but the regular… not so sure.

The photos posted earlier cant be of regular sized van either unless I am going crazy here! Those pins have lots of clearance in the pics that goes well beyond an ideal scenario of 4’8”.

On a cargo van, there are the wheel wells taking a lot of space of the width, so cannot fit 2 pins side by side either.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Those dimensions are incorrect which is why I am asking. When I measure the van myself It was close to 50 inches in height and not the 56” the graphic claims.
    If it is 50, a pin will most likely not fit on its butt, specially if it has a weird shooter (gun/handle/whatever) like most wpc do.
    I know 100% that a medium van is perfect but the regular… not so sure.
    The photos posted earlier cant be of regular sized van either unless I am going crazy here! Those pins have lots of clearance in the pics that goes well beyond an ideal scenario of 4’8”.
    On a cargo van, there are the wheel wells taking a lot of space of the width, so cannot fit 2 pins side by side either.

Why not just get the van you usually get?

You've measured the van yourself and you have the dimensions of the pins in the manual...what am I missing here...

#27 1 year ago

2 pins in my Honda Odyssey no problem. I do it all the time.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Why not just get the van you usually get?
    You've measured the van yourself and you have the dimensions of the pins in the manual...what am I missing here...

Medium size Van seems to be all rented out in my area, have been trying to get one for days now because they do not have very many available whereas the regular size Van I can get. I have used the regular size Van before to move 1 pin but it was not sitting on its butt as I did not think it would fit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-pins-in-a-van and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.