Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bepositive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hey, just thought I would speak my mind. I'm sure you have all been there, I have 3 pins (whirlwind, tftc and monopoly) my tftc needed new flipper board so I started. Shopping it, then my whirlwind drop targets stopped working (coil solder is bad, easy fix)
    To top it off my dad blew up the ramp on my monopoly last night.... so I own 3 machines and can only play one. Lol well good thing I have 3.

Who else has been there?

#2 3 years ago

Welcome to the hobby!

Theres a famous saying: "If it ain't broke, it ain't pinball!" Or something like that.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reid420k:

Hey, just thought I would speak my mind. I'm sure you have all been there, I have 3 pins (whirlwind, tftc and monopoly) my tftc needed new flipper board so I started. Shopping it, then my whirlwind drop targets stopped working (coil solder is bad, easy fix)
    To top it off my dad blew up the ramp on my monopoly last night.... so I own 3 machines and can only play one. Lol well good thing I have 3.
    Who else has been there?

Yep, when it rains it pours lol. Generally when I have one go down, at least one or 2 more of my games will start acting up.

#4 3 years ago

Definitely been there. Seems like they go out in groups. I have to block it out and just work on one till it is fully working or I can't do anymore while waiting on parts or tools. Otherwise it can get frustrating.

#5 3 years ago

We've all been there. Hop to it dude!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Welcome to the hobby!
    Theres a famous saying: "If it ain't broke, it ain't pinball!" Or something like that.

Beat me to it!

The obvious solution is to get more pins! If you had 10, you'd still have 8 to play!

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Beat me to it!
    The obvious solution is to get more pins! If you had 10, you'd still have 8 to play!

I have 3, and yes it happens a lot. Usually when people come over and start playing a lot of games. I have older machines, and I usually get them fixed up pretty quickly. I need to spend some more time going through everything and making them more solid.

Right now I am 3 for 3

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Reid420k:

Who else has been there?

We all have. I go through stretches where almost half my games have issues. Sucks, but just take it one issue at a time, and make sure to do the fixes right, and it should all work out.

#9 3 years ago

Appreciate all the posts on this topic. Does make me feel better! And gets me motivated to fix it, (the right/proper way) even if it means its gonna be down for a bit!

#10 3 years ago

Oh MAN I so identify with this. Some days you just don’t want to deal with them. Even buying NIB it doesn’t help! Those have similar issues.
    Only way I found to help is just to buy more games. I swear I’m not trolling. That’s how bad it gets...

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh MAN I so identify with this. Some days you just don’t want to deal with them. Even buying NIB it doesn’t help! Those have similar issues.
    Only way I found to help is just to buy more games. I swear I’m not trolling. That’s how bad it gets...

I've never actuallly been annoyed enough to go through with it, but have definitely had something break I just didn't want to deal with and stood there just contemplating selling the game and buying something else.

#12 3 years ago

Every one of us that owns multiple machines has been there more than once. It is just part of this hobby that hits us all. I remember those days with 3 games, and 2 broken. I remember 7 games, and 5 broken as I wondered if it was worth it. But keep fixing them, and eventually, they get solid. Don't do "quick" fixes, learn to fix them right. It takes some effort to turn a flaky game into a solid performer that will run great for years. But they are wonderful when you get there. And even then, stuff happens. But smaller stuff, because you fixed the bad stuff.

#13 3 years ago

No idea what you're talking about... Lol.

#14 3 years ago

Sounds about time for your autos or home to develope issues to compete for your time and attention as well ; )

Manure occurs not just limited to pinball !

Good luck with your repairs Shane

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-of-3-pinball-machines-down?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.