Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
IMG_3565 (resized).JPG
IMG_1628 (resized).JPG
IMG_1832 (resized).JPG
IMG_1831 (resized).JPG
20170331_234124 (resized).jpg
20170331_234105 (resized).jpg
20170331_234042 (resized).jpg
20170331_233944 (resized).jpg
IMG_9606 (resized).JPG
20160829_125844 (resized).jpg
IMG_6493 (resized).jpg
IMG_6491 (resized).jpg
jp-alt-trans-mockup2 (resized).jpg
jp-trans-gate (resized).jpg
jp-trans-rex (resized).jpg

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

I liked it!

#52 2 years ago

Hmmmm....I like it...just not sure the bulbs line up right. Is it as noticeable in person?

#53 2 years ago

Thanks for posting the pics and video Tim! Looks really good in the game!

Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Hmmmm....I like it...just not sure the bulbs line up right. Is it as noticeable in person?

Alternative translites are never going to match up with the original bulb layout. However, it generally isn't a problem with the translites made by Retro Refurbs because the material used has a way of evenly distributing the light. This can be made even better by using frosted LED's.

#54 2 years ago

You could also use Comet 3smd strip Matrix lights to reposition the lighting as needed. I have done this previously with the Aurich translite for The Shadow.

IMG_1831 (resized).JPG

IMG_1832 (resized).JPG

#55 2 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

You could also use Comet 3smd strip Matrix lights to reposition the lighting as needed. I have done this previously with the Aurich translite for The Shadow.

What a brilliant idea. Great tip!

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Once I replenish my pinball money I hope to get your translite for my JP. I got sidetracked on a Getaway. My son loves our JP. He is only 4 and just getting in to pinball but loves dinosaurs.

IMG_1628 (resized).JPG

IMG_3565 (resized).JPG

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

+1

#58 2 years ago

Still got a few of these left and the website posted above where you can buy them are now running a discount coupon for Pinside members, just use 5PINSIDE at the checkout.

Also, I am now working on an alternative artwork cabinet decal set to go with this translite. I think the standard black cabinet with the JP logo could do with a big improvement.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Still got a few of these left and the website posted above where you can buy them are now running a discount coupon for Pinside members, just use 5PINSIDE at the checkout.
Also, I am now working on an alternative artwork cabinet decal set to go with this translite. I think the standard black cabinet with the JP logo could do with a big improvement.

Did these just go up in price? I'd swear they were $78 last time I looked, now they're over $91. I wouldn't expect the USD:GBP to change THAT much in a few weeks...

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Did these just go up in price? I'd swear they were $78 last time I looked, now they're over $91. I wouldn't expect the USD:GBP to change THAT much in a few weeks...

Not as far as I know. $78 would be £62 british pounds, they've never been that low. Perhaps you looked at them in a different currency?

Still cheaper than other retailers and then with the Pinside coupon they should be $86 USD.

#61 2 years ago

any other titles in mind ? Bram Stokers Dracula...

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

Not as far as I know. $78 would be £62 british pounds, they've never been that low. Perhaps you looked at them in a different currency?
Still cheaper than other retailers and then with the Pinside coupon they should be $86 USD.

Yeah I could have fat fingered something or maybe my vpn was showing me in Kazakhstan or something so the currency was jacked up and I didn't notice.
Not complaining about the price just confirming that I'm loosing my mind.

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

any other titles in mind ? Bram Stokers Dracula...

I would be in on a BSD translite

#64 2 years ago

I've started making a BSD translite, but I'm not totally happy with it. Maybe I can get that finished soon though.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

I've started making a BSD translite, but I'm not totally happy with it. Maybe I can get that finished soon though.

Care to post a preview?

#66 2 years ago

DM next please!!!!!

#67 2 years ago

Alrighty then!

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Care to post a preview?

I'd like to see the BSD translite too.
I just got another comment on how ugly the Dracula translite is, so for now I'm running a Frankula.

image (resized).jpg

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

how ugly the Dracula translite is.

Well, it's the Dracula of the movie so I wonder what would you expect...

#70 2 years ago

I want #2 how much

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I'd like to see the BSD translite too.
I just got another comment on how ugly the Dracula translite is, so for now I'm running a Frankula.

#72 2 years ago

Just having some fun.
I have a friend that always comments on how ugly Dracula is, so I added Franken Berry when she went to use the bathroom.
We had a good laugh when she noticed the switch.

#73 2 years ago

Anxious to see what the OP will come up with !

1 week later
#74 2 years ago
Quoted from PeteB:

any progess to report ?

1 week later
2 years later
#76 34 days ago

Ordered the gate one!
Great stuff

How are the other jp decals comming allong?

#77 34 days ago

These look good. Was there an issue selling them that the op got blocked?

#78 34 days ago

Yeah wonder what happened?

#79 34 days ago
Quoted from chad:

These look good. Was there an issue selling them that the op got blocked?

"Blocked" means: somehow, someday PPS was involved. Same story.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-pps-making-fraudulent-claims-fyi

#80 34 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

"Blocked" means: somehow, someday PPS was involved. Same story.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-and-pps-making-fraudulent-claims-fyi

Thanks
I remember that thread! What happens if you change your tune , Pinside still blocks you with a backhand?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Solon, OH
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 150.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside