6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CUJO
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Put a Swemmer 6803 CPU/Driver board in my project Motordome.
Was lucky when powering it up after resetting the NVRAM that came on it to have the game mostly working.
I still get (2) switch errors on power on. The Right Pop Bumper and the top center rollover "P".

I checked these with the glass off during gameplay. The "P" rollover switch points are making contact when pressed but nothing happens. Same with the right pop bumper switch. It's been cleaned/adjusted but won't fire the solenoid when the base ring is depressed.

Since all the other switches in the game work, I'm guessing the issue is probably not the new Swemmer board but I don't know how to troubleshoot this further.

This is my first 6803 based game and just don't have the troubleshooting knowledge on this boardset..

Thanks in advance for any pointers...

CuJo

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Well, first thing first is to check continuity of your wires and inspect the connectors. Have you done that? Also, do you have the numerical pad in the bottom to go into test mode?

Wires have been inspected. I do have the keypad in the pin.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Well, I doubt it's a problem with your board, because weird as 6803s can be, they still have a switch matrix. And looking at the manual, those two switches are on completely different rows and columns. So I'd check your diodes next. Then take another look at those connectors. It can look like a pin is fine, but when you remove it from the housing, it's cracked or corroded.

The diodes would be right at the switch connections?

Is there a way to use the keypad to test all the solenoids?

#6 6 years ago

I'm having trouble entering the keypad menu to do any test(s).
I press the red test button inside the coin door and the pin will start switch test mode as it should.
However, pressing the test button again never ends switch test mode. The display will say test switch & restart the testing.
The only way to exit switch test is to power cycle the pin.
I can't get to solenoid test or all lamp etc on the keypad per the manual instructions.
I have the Swemmer 6803 CPU/Driver board installed as well.
Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CUJO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-motordome-switch-issues?tu=CUJO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.