Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Apollyon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Just bought mine 7590.00 plus shipping

Figure if you think there gone

Make the call!!

Call Adam @ (416) 251-2122

Only 2 left 10 minutes ago

#2 11 years ago

My guess they are gone now,hope a pinsider gets these.

#3 11 years ago

he had 3 when i called so 2 left

best price ive seen since the explosion

good luck all

#4 11 years ago

Sold out

#5 11 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe the next ones.

#6 11 years ago

$7600.....bwahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Keep it up guys. Lets see if you guys can get the NIB prices up to 10k by 2014. Great job guys. You rock.

#7 11 years ago

walmart also charges Canadians more for the exact same garbage you can buy in the states. we always pay more for everything...cars are 20-30% more expensive in Canada too.

#8 11 years ago

I was very happy at that price

USA people wanted 8300 shipped so not worried about it

Glad they found homes and if my message got you a LE mission complete

James

Plus I get mine sooner as its a export

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

$7600.....bwahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Keep it up guys. Lets see if you guys can get the NIB prices up to 10k by 2014. Great job guys. You rock.

+1

Utter madness.

#10 11 years ago

I called immediately when the post was made. Gone.

#11 11 years ago

I had contacted them last week...just couldnt pull the trigger on 8K+ when shipping is accounted for. Oh well

#12 11 years ago

If us distributors aren't supposed to sell to Canadians how can starburst sell to Americans?

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If us distributors aren't supposed to sell to Canadians how can starburst sell to Americans?

you are joking right?

#14 11 years ago

Why not just get the premium and be happy with it? That way you KNOW for sure what you are getting, get a chance to play it, and make sure that you love it!

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why not just get the premium and be happy with it? That way you KNOW for sure what you are getting, get a chance to play it, and make sure that you love it!

2 reasons that people arent going this route.

1. Premium looks terrible
2. Premium will never increase in value as its "unlimited" MOP has the chance to increase so if you ever needed to sell it you could get your money back. I think thats the main reason.

well 3. Its cool to have the limited collectible version

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

1. Premium looks terrible 2. Premium will never increase in value as its "unlimited" MOP has the chance to increase so if you ever needed to sell it you could get your money back. I think thats the main reason.

+1 EXACTALLY

there is no resale value in a premium when they will make unlimited numbers for the next 3 years

#17 11 years ago

you guys are full of shit. Nothing is made forever. You don't think AC/DC premiums will be worth a ton years down the road when they stop making them? LOTR is worth a ton now. It ran for 6 runs as well. They don't and won't make them anymore, so now it climbs. If it's good, it will climb regardless if it's limited or not. Most don't care about LE art package as long as the game plays the same.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you guys are full of shit. Nothing is made forever. You don't think AC/DC premiums will be worth a ton years down the road when they stop making them? LOTR is worth a ton now. It ran for 6 runs as well. They don't and won't make them anymore, so now it climbs. If it's good, it will climb regardless if it's limited or not. Most don't care about LE art package as long as the game plays the same.

+1

If it is good.

Too soon to tell about that tho.

#19 11 years ago

I agree the Metallica Premium translite looks like total garbage. Easy fix though, just buy Premium machine and a Pro translite and replace

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you want to resell in less than 3 years, what would you buy? HUO premium for 6500 or NIB for 6500 ? You will lose money. Maybe a year or so after they stop making them they may go up.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

1. Premium looks terrible
2. Premium will never increase in value as its "unlimited" MOP has the chance to increase so if you ever needed to sell it you could get your money back. I think thats the main reason.

Everyone is in on this LE hype for Metallica. I would have definitely bought one for $7200 shipped, but was too late to get in on that price. $7600 seems scary to me, because we all saw what happened to XMEN and Avengers. Aren't there only 2 other pins that the LE version increased in value recently? Tron and ACDC right? So many people think that Metallica LE will be 10k overnight...it might... but there are better odds that it will be worth less than what people bought them for....

I just don't like the "odds" of a game increasing in value. I like to buy games that have proven value and that I know I won't lose my ass on when I get sick of them. I go through pins like underwear, I just couldn't bet on a game increasing in value.

So many people only bought Metallica LE just to try and make some money. For the people that bought it because they wanted it, and only bought 1, I hope the game climbs in value. For the people that bought 3 or 4 solely to make money on them, it would serve them right for the game to plummet like XMEN or Avengers. It's a free country and people can do what they want, it just seems a bit risky in my eyes.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Agreed

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

2. Premium will never increase in value as its "unlimited"

False.
When it is out of production, it's limited.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

If you want to resell in less than 3 years, what would you buy? HUO premium for 6500 or NIB for 6500 ? You will lose money. Maybe a year or so after they stop making them they may go up.

If I was going to Buy NIB, I wouldn't be buying anything that I thought I would sell in 3 years. I buy NIB with the intention of never selling. Never buy NIB expecting NOT to lose your ass when it comes time to sell.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

+1000

#25 11 years ago

In regards to my comment about the premiums not gaining value...of course its possible for them to gain value down the road. But the fact is Stern wont stop selling them until they can't sell them for the going rate any more, once that happens its because the market is saturated. Now if lots more people get into the hobby after that point it will increase, but thats unlikely.

Here is a very probable fact, at some point this hobby is going to lose its steam. Its really hitting a high right now but how long it will last who knows. Take a look at baseball cards, comics, even cars have gone down(except for the ultra rare ones).

For me I would want the LE for two reasons...and I would only buy 1 not making this a business.

1.Looks great, would be very cool to have the nice backglass etc... vs the premium and obviously the features vs the Pro
2.I want to play it , my collection is rather small though so if I can have it for a while and then sell if for close to what I paid then awesome I just had a free game for a while If I decide to keep it forever then great I have a super collectible version of a game I clearly love because I kept it. Premium you are guaranteed to lose a little in the short run, which is ok too. You can probably get a NIB AC/DC for 6300ish...sell it for 5900-6000 in a year. So you get to have an awesome game in your house for year for $300 well worth it anyhow.

Lots of speculators on this no doubt, difference between this in AC/DC is most who bought AC/DC planned to keep it..I bet half the MetLE's sold will be for sale again at some point.

Whats kinda sad about this hobby is I think lots of us get too caught up in what our games our worth instead of just enjoying them. But they cost so much I guess thats part of it as its nice to know if life takes a bad turn you can cash back out.

My 3 cents.

#26 11 years ago

I dont understand how people would buy at 7.2k but not 7.9k itw less than 10% difference. If it makes that much of a difference you shouldnt have been in the market @$7200

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

I dont understand how people would buy at 7.2k but not 7.9k itw less than 10% difference. If it makes that much of a difference you shouldnt have been in the market @$7200

I think people have to draw the line in the sand somewhere as to how much they are going to spend on a pin. I think that for many, 7k is getting in that area. Most common working men and women don't have unlimited discretionary funds.

#28 11 years ago

Yea if I am willing to spend 7.9 k then why not 8.2...heck 10K wont even have to wait for x-mas

I think some of these prices are being artificially driven up by speculation at some point it will come back to reality. When that point is who knows, if I did would be an investor LOL.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

Great comment. I tell ya...just when you think this site is going RGP guys like yourself make really smart comments.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I was going to Buy NIB, I wouldn't be buying anything that I thought I would sell in 3 years. I buy NIB with the intention of never selling. Never buy NIB expecting NOT to lose your ass when it comes time to sell.

This is why this is a hobby for me. I buy the machines I want so I can enjoy them. Once I'm done with them I move them on. If I get what I had into them I'm a happy guy. It doesn't always happen but that's fine be cause I got to enjoy them while I had them.

Chris

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

jruddr said:

Great comment. I tell ya...just when you think this site is going RGP guys like yourself make really smart comments.

Yes but at some point you hit the wall. And maybe 6500 was it but you said ok to 6800, then 7000 then to 7200. At one point 1-10 or 15% is just too much.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Here is a very probable fact, at some point this hobby is going to lose its steam. Its really hitting a high right now but how long it will last who knows. Take a look at baseball cards, comics, even cars have gone down(except for the ultra rare ones).

Very good point (and I'd add record collecting- a past addiction of mine). When the people interested in these items die, there isn't a youngster taking their place in the market.

Just look at pricing on the old bingo pinball machines. No people alive to create demand = plummeting prices.

Hard to say when that's going to happen with modern pinball. Metallica collectors will probably be alive for another 10-20 years at least, so I would wager that MOPLE wouldn't be a bad bet.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Yes but at some point you hit the wall. And maybe 6500 was it but you said ok to 6800, then 7000 then to 7200. At one point 1-10 or 15% is just too much.

Not to blow smoke but your comment is also very valuable because if we don't draw the line in the sand somewhere Gary Stern will be happy to gouge us.

#34 11 years ago

Buyers set markets. Not sellers. Sellers just get what the market will bare

#35 11 years ago

Many here don't set price limits. That's one of the main problems. For me for any Stern, it's 6k. Not a penny more for delivery, or tax or whatever. that's it. If I like a game enough to even come close to that, then that's my limit. I don't budge on my personal limits no matter what. Prices arn't going to fix themselves if you keep feeding the machine.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Many here don't set price limits. That's one of the main problems. For me for any Stern, it's 6k. Not a penny more for delivery, or tax or whatever. that's it. If I like a game enough to even come close to that, then that's my limit. I don't budge on my personal limits no matter what. Prices arn't going to fix themselves if you keep feeding the machine.

and that same limit applies to your selling price as well, you know, so as not to feed the machine. I think I am smelling bullshit, pure bullshit

#37 11 years ago

why would you have a limit on selling price ever? Did you ever hear of the phrase "No such thing as not for sale"? If someone starts throwing stupid cash around, most everything has it's price. Except family and pets.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

why would you have a limit on selling price ever? Did you ever hear of the phrase "No such thing as not for sale"? If someone starts throwing stupid cash around, most everything has it's price. Except family and pets.

I'll trade my cat for a BBB lol

#39 11 years ago

So you don't wanna pay 20k for a Miss World?

Quoted from vex:

and that same limit applies to your selling price as well, you know, so as not to feed the machine. I think I am smelling bullshit, pure bullshit

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'll trade my cat for a BBB lol

that's not nice. I bet that cat has grumpy cat face from that comment.

I wouldn't Trade my cat for BBB, or even a good game.

#42 11 years ago

I just hope it is a slightly better than mediocre game, with average rules, great sound and an awesome light show. That way it will almost double in price! Well, it happened to Borgs game right before XM with this exact criteria, anyway.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Agree! TAF isn't worth anything now, right? They made a few of them I think

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Why should I set a price limit? If a pin comes along that I really want, I will pay what they want or I wont but you wont find me making comments on the forum saying it was too pricey. All the whining about prices will do nothing to bring them down, the market will set the price, always has and always will.

#45 11 years ago

I won't buy a game (now days) unless its fucking magic.

A premium with a high res vectorized Ride the lightning translite, blue hardware & Blue DMD would be tits! Cost would be lower than a MOP & risk would be ZERO because there was no gold rush.

Seems like a great coping mechanism for not blindly buying a MOP if you ask me

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

That's it right there....any pin I buy I have the intention of never selling it....

If you get to play a great pin that you have fun with for a few years and then you want to sell and maybe lose a little bit, so what, you got to enjoy it for a long time.....

#48 11 years ago

The magic formula is as simple as 1-2-3 for a fair pin investment

1. good art (check)

2. good theme (Rock themed pins appear to have better odds holding their value than most...KISS, Captain Fantastic, GNR, ACDC, Tommy, Beatles. Then there is TRS).

3. Good layout (Borg) and gameplay (Lyman).

So lets list all the pins where Lyman has 100% control over the code according to ipdb:

ACDC, Tron, Spider man, AFM, Medieval Madness

Any question?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For me for any Stern, it's 6k. Not a penny more for delivery, or tax or whatever. that's it.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's not nice. I bet that cat has grumpy cat face from that comment.
I wouldn't Trade my cat for BBB, or even a good game.

He's 15 years old & I'm not looking forward to being traumatized by his impending death, so why not trade him for a BBB!!!

...but seriously I don't think anyone would trade a pin for my cat, even if he was a kitten lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2-metallica-mop-at-playdium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.