1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Bryan_Kelly
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which show will you support or attend?”

• The Original Pinball Expo (Pacak organized) 12 votes
      21%
    • The Upstart Pinball Palooza (Berk Organized) 15 votes
      27%
    • Neither 19 votes
      34%
    • Both 10 votes
      18%

(56 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/08/pinball-expo-changes/

Berk is apparently spliting from Pacak
    to start his own pinball show in Chicago in Sept 2018
    called Pinball Palooza.

#2 1 year ago

image (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

Both for me, more pins more fun. I’m fairly close though.

#4 1 year ago

too early to tell.

I will support the one that offers the most to the customers/attendee.

Plenty of time to decide (it is even too early to buy plane tickets if you needed to fly in). I will likely wait till June time frame and see what is on the schedule for each show.

#5 1 year ago

At this point, I'm out for this year (RL intruding). I might hit one or the other next year.

#6 1 year ago

My guess Robs show in Sept will do very well. From what he said in the interview he's going to make a number of changes to update the show. Expo has been great for so many years but a refresh is several years over do. I look forward to updates and plan on supporting the show. I hope Mikes show the best and will probably attend if vendors and Stern support both shows. I don't think they will.

#7 1 year ago

I don't think Rob thought those dates (Sept 12-15) out very well. He will be lucky to get a thousand paying customers through the doors compared to Expo getting multiples of that number.

#8 1 year ago

Why is mid-September bad?

#9 1 year ago

Labor day is the last warm extended vacation, might fly somewhere. Late Aug, early Sept kids are back in school, gotta keep them on track. Plus all of Sept is a good prep time to get everything ready for Expo. Expo is a lot of work. To me mid Sept is not good!!!!!!

Plus the Pinball Season really starts flowing in Oct. People getting ready for the Holidays.

Just my observation

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from GAP:

Labor day is the last warm extended vacation, might fly somewhere. Late Aug, early Sept kids are back in school, gotta keep them on track. Plus all of Sept is a good prep time to get everything ready for Expo. Expo is a lot of work. To me mid Sept is not good!!!!!!
    Plus the Pinball Season really starts flowing in Oct. People getting ready for the Holidays.
    Just my observation

No chance of snow in Sept which is a big plus, and typically nicer weather.

That said, I think they should put them on the same weekend as each other. I mean, why split and then dance around the competition with each. Go head to head and 1 show will come out on top after the first year or 2.

Splitting them by a month seems silly.

#11 1 year ago

I am for a show in warmer weather. Always have my fingers crossed in Oct, but it always rains or is 50 degrees. Windy as hell. Those elements have there challenges. I'm hoping something good comes of this!

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from GAP:

I am for a show in warmer weather. Always have my fingers crossed in Oct, but it always rains or is 50 degrees. Windy as hell. Those elements have there challenges. I'm hoping something good comes of this!

I am just the opposite. The warmer it is outside, the less likely I am to want to be stuck inside.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

I am just the opposite. The warmer it is outside, the less likely I am to want to be stuck inside.

I couldn't agree more. I've been to the Seattle show a couple of times but it's always the beginning of June. It's really hard to fly somewhere and sit inside when the weather back home is so nice.

#14 1 year ago

Totally agree. Expo weather, on average, is cold and windy. Inside is fine.

If it's warm and sunny, I'm probably just going Thursday night and playing outside on the weekend.

#15 1 year ago

Goto both get a feel , and then next year pin one show.

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That said, I think they should put them on the same weekend as each other. I mean, why split and then dance around the competition with each. Go head to head and 1 show will come out on top after the first year or 2.
    Splitting them by a month seems silly.

That strategy could well kill both of them.

#18 1 year ago

Probably both but I’m local.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Why is mid-September bad?

Riot Fest for one. I'll be shooting it that weekend which means I could only go to Rob's show on Thursday.

#20 1 year ago

I love going to pinball shows in great weather. If I never have to move another game in cold rain, it'll be too soon. ReplayFX might be the most fun I've ever had at a show, being able to explore Pittsburgh in awesome weather between tourney rounds, for meals, etc. Pinball at the Zoo always seems like it's the last weekend of damp jacket weather. Wish it was just a smidge later.

I guess I'm just not outdoorsy, and for me, a pinball show counts as "getting outside." Bring on September.

#21 1 year ago

If I'm in town both, but they are within 25 minutes of me.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from indybru:

If I'm in town both, but they are within 25 minutes of me.

I would also hit both if they were that close to me. But they're not. They're 6 hours away and being new shows, I'll wait to hear how they go before I travel that far.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 93.00
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 15.00
    $ 219.99
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.50
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 12.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 125.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Little Shop Of Games
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside