New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 171372)

2 coils behind Ghostbusters backglass

By PinballHog

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Kenz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

What are the 2 coils behind the backglass in my Ghostbusters for? They are wired in with the speaker wires. Thanks for any info.

#2 4 years ago

To the best of my knowledge they just use coils for some type of resistance to make the sound better.

There is a thread about using old coils to clean up the sound on wpc games

1 year later
#3 2 years ago

Just upgraded from a pro to a prem GB. The pro didn’t have these coils and it’s caused a really tight fit refitting my upgraded flipper fidelity speakers.. Any ideas why the pro didn’t have them?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Just upgraded from a pro to a prem GB. ... Any ideas why the pro didn’t have them?

Production cost relative to performance

#5 2 years ago

Is it worth upgrading the speakers to flipper fidelity as I will need to remove the crossover from the backbox or should I leave them out for a future pin. Do all Spike Premiums use this type of crossover ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 103.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
$ 495.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
8,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Attleboro, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside