(Topic ID: 14322)

1up In Denver Is Phenominal! Excellent Pinballs And Selection.

By jalpert

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Mk1Mod0
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I was just in Denver and I had the pleasure of visiting 1up. Such a phenomenal selection of pins, MM, SS, FGY. An excellent mix of old and new, just a wonderful place to play. They had at least 10 games. The games were maintained very very well. All the flippers were strong, all the lights were bright and in general the play fields, cabs, and the overall condition of the games were tops. All the games were priced very reasonably as well. I didn't eat, but the cheeseburger and fries looked great!

If you're ever near Denver bring quarters because I think you'll be there a while. I know it's been said before, but I just wanted to offer my 2 cents on the place.

#2 12 years ago

Great place, good owners!

#3 12 years ago

The tournaments i have been to there are great as well. Around 30 players every time I have played in one. The only downside is the super high quotient of douchebags. It is a hipster/fratboy hangout. However, this is the kind of place we need to grow pinball. Tons of peope who would never look at a pin are actually playing them here.

The condition of the games is consistently excellent as well. Probably the brightest RFM I have ever played. They are getting an AC/DC premium soon!

Their donut burger is delicious and probably the unhealthiest thing I have ever eaten.

#4 12 years ago

Bump!

Thanks for the post! We are trying to better the games all the time as well, so check out our site at
    http://the-1up.com/main/ for the complete list of games we have.

jon

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

The tournaments i have been to there are great as well. Around 30 players every time I have played in one. The only downside is the super high quotient of douchebags. It is a hipster/fratboy hangout. However, this is the kind of place we need to grow pinball. Tons of peope who would never look at a pin are actually playing them here.
    The condition of the games is consistently excellent as well. Probably the brightest RFM I have ever played. They are getting an AC/DC premium soon!
    Their donut burger is delicious and probably the unhealthiest thing I have ever eaten.

Yep, Should be there by the end of the Month! Hoping to see if ship late next week!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

I don't see this. Everytime i go there...it seems to be a good mix of people of all ages that seem to co-mingle peacefully.

The crowd does skew younger as the night goes on, but I've never had any issues there, whatsoever.

#7 12 years ago

I should have also mentioned the vids rocked. Tons and tons of classic arcade games too. I kept my first post pinball related cause it's pinside, but really, just an excellent classic arcade.

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Bump!
    Thanks for the post! We are trying to better the games all the time as well, so check out our site at
    http://the-1up.com/main/ for the complete list of games we have.
    jon

Love your arcade Jon, Thanks for keeping all the games so nice!

10 months later
    #9 11 years ago

Drove 25 hours through the storm to land in Denver last night. Really looking forward to stopping into 1up for some serious fun and chow.

The selection of games has expanded since this post, can't wait to get on some newer games that I've not had a chance to play.

Don't know if I'm masochistic enough for the Donut burger...

cheers,

rody

#10 11 years ago

Jon,

Do you still have that Gain Ground arcade stand up? That was my favorite game ever growing up, when I saw that at your place my jaw dropped. I so want one!

#11 11 years ago

I also like the 2 up-the other location-just as much. I go back and forth. Jon keeps them tip top and rotates them often. Jon does wonders for the pinball community in Denver. Thanks Jon-I dont just give you 1up thumbs up but also 2up thumbs up

2 years later
    #12 8 years ago

Bemmett, yes!!! Thats a permanent game in my collection.

#13 8 years ago

Every time I get back home I find time go to 1-up ... top notch barcade

#14 8 years ago

Excellent barcade. I go every time I'm in Denver. Pins and vids, check! Skeeball? Check! Giant Jenga on the patio? Oh yeah. 4-man Pacman? Holy cripes yes. The place is a blast with a group or on your own. Wish there were more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-in-denver-is-phenominal-excellent-pinballs-and-selection and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.