(Topic ID: 245098)

1up Arcade Mortal Kombat would you own one?

By Stones

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 129 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by YZRider926
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Would you considering buying one for your gameroom?”

• "Get Over Here" and buy one for the novelty of it 29 votes
    42%
  • Save your money and let Johnny Cage punch you in the junk. 37 votes
    54%
  • "Finish Him!" FFS this is a pinball website 3 votes
    4%

(69 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2CA7F0FA-AF3B-4268-84D2-EDB0B294CC8A (resized).jpeg
20190530_211200 (resized).jpg
64273283_10216678541428907_372582004836794368_o (resized).jpg
64530793_10216680092827691_8045584260741988352_n (resized).jpg
IMG_0939 (resized).PNG
20180624_163321 (resized).jpg
E99F78C6-AD62-403A-AD49-A978B64475F7 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20190612_174701 (resized).jpg
ppppp (resized).PNG
0AA2B87E-C706-48DD-A917-DE80949F2DDA (resized).jpeg
AAA4DDDC-1FDE-4D3A-81EF-EE6A49B7EB29 (resized).jpeg
7925784E-A7B0-4ED9-8F9F-721215C3C4CE (resized).jpeg
Star Wars (resized).jpg
d1o85lwy2q331 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

The reviews have been really negative on KLOV. I've read there is a bit of a lag with a couple of the games and like everyone says, they are tiny. No substitute for the original though.[quoted image]

Would you expect anything less then a negative review from KLOV. LOL

Quoted from lpeters82:

I was thinking they might be cool if you could find a way to turn them into a wall mount. It would cost quite a bit to make your own after paying for all of the art prints.

They are making wall mount games.

Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Don't get sucked into the whole stupid 'these aren't as good as original dedicated cabs' or 'the controls are crap' baloney. You can always swap out a couple of joysticks for short money.
They are toys... Light weight which I love. They are not collectable dedicated cabs. Have fun with them. If it's a game you like I wouldn't hesitate.

Agree 100% with this statement. Lets face it. There are many people that will just be turned off because they are not the real thing. Hell look at all the people complaining about CGC remakes.

Quoted from Stones:

Soo....I just saw that 1up arcade made an exclusive MK arcade. The arcade has Mortal Kombat 1, 2, and 3. I've always been a fan, and played the crap out of the MK series in college. I didn't care much for MK4. I'm watching some of the reviews on youtube and everyone seems pretty pleased. I'm curious if anyone has bought one and what their thoughts are. My only complaint is the height...which you can buy the extension to make the arcade taller.
Thoughts?

I've owned many, many original video games. (sold them all to make room for more pins) Yeah the originals are 100 times better then the 1ups. But for what they are going for and what the 1ups go for I would by a 1up now. They're small but that's part of what I like about them. If they come out with a Tron, I'm buying one.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Oh crap, I’m buying that!!!!
Now all they need is a Tron.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Blake:

They would be the most informed group to write the review.
Thanks
Blake

You mean they would be the most biased group to write a review. Been a member for 19 years. I know all about it.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If an arcade vid collector came here, and asked us about buying a zizzle vs. a full size pinball, what would you tell them?
"not bad for the money"
"replace most of the parts and you'll have something slightly better!"
"Yeah it'll likely break by Labor Day, but for the cheap cost, why not?!"
"Buy an acrylic box to set it on and it'll almost feel like a real game! I'm 5'6 and it works well enough for me."

Actually I'm hoping they do make more pins like Zizzles. They are what they are. Not all of us are pinball dealers.
Hell the first pin I owned as a kid was a Star Explorer. Hey I loved it back then.
Not everyone can afford real games. Why not make some cheap alternatives? And I'll hate to brake it to you but some of us Pinsiders do own a Zizzle.
I'm sill hoping Stern makes a My Little Pony same size as the Spiderman they made. Need one for my daughter.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I'm going to keep an eye on the 2nd hand market. Figure out a way to raise the height. May just buy the riser. I'm the only one who would play it anyway....
They did improve the quality of the joysticks and plexi under the joysticks. I don't think I'm out much for some nostalgia fun. The Star Wars looks cool. Have to see if they announce that one...

It is announced at $499. I've owned a several real Star Wars over the years but just don't see spending the $$$$ for a real one anymore. If the flight yoke on this one is half descent I'm down for one.

Star Wars (resized).jpgStar Wars (resized).jpg
#56 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

There's a reason you see them all over craigslist..

Unlike pinball. 555 for sale withing a two hour drive from my zip code.

ppppp (resized).PNGppppp (resized).PNG
#58 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

lol not the same at all and you know it...

But truth be told, I do live in a good area for buying pinball machines.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Old news, still valid. If you think you are going to be able to resell that for anywhere close to what you bought it for you are insane.

Two words.
Munsters Pro.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-mortal-kombat-would-you-own-one-?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.