20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I've been considering a 1UP Arcade game, are they worth buying? I know the first ones had some quality issues but supposedly they have now upped their quality a little on the joysticks and other components. I like these two cabinets here quite a bit. They are $399.00
u2l9s3nvhmk31 (resized).jpgu2l9s3nvhmk31 (resized).jpg

pacman40-3-4_2048x (resized).pngpacman40-3-4_2048x (resized).png

#12 3 years ago

Seems like a mixed bag so far. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. I really want to play one of these for myself one day.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

They usually have em setup at Walmart. I snuffed my nose at these in the beginning, but the newer ones really aren’t bad. I Wish they would upgrade to a 19” lcd though.

The new machines are supposed to be much better quality they say, and that is why they cost 100 dollars more now than they did originally. Even if they are great quality though 400 dollars to play Burger Time is a lot of money. Damn the new cabinets are sexy looking though! I think for me its more of a nostalgic thing but gameplay is also very important to me as well. I think that they could use a little more variety on the games. That would definitely make me more eager to buy one.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I saw one at Walmart. The art was completely worn off the control panel, and the controls felt so crappy, like you were kinda playing it. Reminded me of an old car with play in the steering wheel. In my opinion, disposable junk.

That is the older games. The newer ones come with a protective cover over the panel that holds the buttons and joysticks. Also the joysticks now are much higher quality than the older games that they made so anything from here forward will have the better components.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I gutted my SF2 one and installed a Pandora’s box for more games. I find pac-man plays well, but I’m far from a pro and wouldn’t know if it plays like an original. Mortal Kombat was to hard for me, I used the service menu backdoor and changed the difficulty and enjoy it now. Golden tee was played all the time when people were over. We’d have a 4 player pinball and 4 player golden tee running simultaneously. The track ball is very good.
Their light gun technology looks very promising, it doesn’t use a light bar, there’s tech in the gun that always sees the edge of the screen. I plan on getting big buck hunter.
Early reviews of nba jam are mixed. It has a new online gameplay option. So you could play friends from home. But the player roster is only around 70-80% of the original. Although it is online and might be updated.

Im with you on Big Buck Hunter and whatS that one gun game called, house of the dead or something like that? That would be so cool if they made that one.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I have the Rampage cab and we enjoy it, we play gauntlet mostly. I am probably going to try to trade it for one of the pacman 40th cabs, as well as going to buy the virtual pin when they release.

I really like the Mrs Pac Man thats coming out better but the only thing that sucks is it comes with Galaxian and Pac Man somes with Galaga. Galaga is much better than Galaxian but i like Mrs Pac Man better that the regular Pac Man and that Mrs Pac Man cabinet is extremely sexy!

#27 3 years ago

I’m sure that arcade1up will release multiple versions of mrs pac man over the years with different game packs. Even burger time was originally a run of karate champ cabinets, but fan support had them rerelease them as burger time. A smart move, cause that cabinet looks sweet.
I was shocked that they were even able to make the mrs pac man, but there is a loophole in the licensing. It covered coin-ops and digital downloads. Since this is a all in one box they got away with it.

Isn’t Mrs. Pac Man Supposed to be a better game than Pac Man? I suck so bad at pac man that its not even funny.

#32 3 years ago

This is sick looking!

90E8B794-725F-468B-9469-CC798ABE23BE (resized).png90E8B794-725F-468B-9469-CC798ABE23BE (resized).png
#75 3 years ago

The 40th anniversary Pac Man is 499.99, I thought they were 399.99. Five hundred dollars is definitely more than I would want to pay because let's be realistic, do you think you would really play it that much?

The Burger Time you can buy factory direct for 399.99 with the matching riser included. Thats more doable but still not cheap. What state are these made in, does anyone know?

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think the 40th edition pacman will occasionally go on sale and drop to $400. I have seen it at that price before.

I would think so too unless they sell out of them. They are only making like 3,075 units. I guess that could be a lot maybe.....depends on how many of these that they sell.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

From the questions they are asking on their surveys, it looks like they may start making sizes that are larger than the current size.

I think them being smaller is kind of cool, especially for people like yourself that want multiple games. Seven real arcade games like you have would take up an enormous amount of space. Do you know what state this company is located in?

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I still don't know why anyone would consider an Arcade 1up at full price, when you can, well could....get one of these for $500/$600.
https://www.atgames.net/arcades/features/

I think people like the cabinet art and the fact maybe that these are smaller maybe? The games list on that multicade really doesnt seem all that impressive? Theres no pac man, donkey kong, paper boy, phoenix, RBI baseball, galaga, galaxian etc on it unless i overlooked it. I guess maybe you could put them on it maybe?

#95 3 years ago

I get what you are saying for sure but I think it's just maybe a lot of things. I think a lot of people are probably intimidated by installing the games and I bet that cabinet is pretty heavy also. I think a lot of people just like the fact that you set them up and start playing very easily. I dont know really because I honestly dont know crap about any if this stuff. Maybe some of the other posters can chime in and give the pros and the cons.

#99 3 years ago

Well i finally said the heck with it and ordered the BurgerTime game. I figure if i don't like it for some reason i can always sell it. If i like it i may have an interest in The Golden Tee and Strike Force Bowling combo that is coming out soon and Big Buck Hunter.

u2l9s3nvhmk31 (resized).jpgu2l9s3nvhmk31 (resized).jpg
#109 3 years ago

I know that i spent too much on the BurgerTime cabinet because i really will probably only play BurgerTime but i do love that game. More than anything though i love the cabinet art and i think it will look nice in my game room. If i enjoy playing it and it makes me happy to look at it then its worth it to me. Time will tell i guess. I just wanted to try it to see if i like them.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

just wish the Arcade 1up with riser wasn't still so dinky.

Rumor has it they are looking into making full size cabs..

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus0202:

Dragon's Lair would be a big seller. I remember it being the first game to charge $.50, so I think A1UP could charge more for it. But isn't the game just memorizing series of moves (L,R,U,D or sword) and wouldn't that get a little boring for home used once you had it memorized?

I remember that game well when it came out, it was quite unique.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

And I straight up told them no.
The size is like 3/4 the charm of the things.

My problem is I'm afraid that on going to get addicted to these damn things and I dont have any room to put them, my little gameroom is pretty much maxed out. I have noticed that they seem to be an addiction for a lot of people who own them.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I hadn't heard that....
Bet they'd push $1000 for that, which would be really, really pricey.
Dude, you better mod this thing, or I doubt you'll play it much after a few weeks....

That was another one of my thoughts about this cabinet is if I were to ever mod one this would be a great cabinet to mod because it looks so nice.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I bought my Galaga about a year ago at Walmart for $168.00 and it included the riser.

That's a fair deal!

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The controls are of cheapest quality and the emulation is super laggy. All together I'd say they've put their budget in scoring great licenses and marketing. Not much goes into building machines.
There are a ton of options to get great arcade at home I really don't see the point in arcade 1up

The controls they are using today are supposedly better controls and people seem to be very happy with the gameplay from what I can tell.

As far as the controls go though on the older cabinets couldn't a person buy new joysticks and put them in if they wanted to?

#152 3 years ago

Guys how come we are such nerds?? I don't know the answer either but I'm having more fun with this hobby than just about anything I've ever done in my life so I dont care!

These arcade games and pinball machines make new feel like a little kid again and I like it.

#166 3 years ago

Well I got my game and put it together......1 hour assembly my ass!
But anyway I really love this thing a lot and it's not a cheap piece of crap at all in my opinion. It feels pretty much like an authentic arcade game to me. I know it's not as heavy duty but it's good enough for home use.

Will I use it enough to get my $399.99 dollars worth? Probably not but you know what, if I enjoy it the rest of my life who cares? I can see how these things are so addicting for people to buy. I would love to have more but I really just dont have the room. Anyways enough rambling, I love this thing!

20200723_114258 (resized).jpg20200723_114258 (resized).jpg20200723_114343 (resized).jpg20200723_114343 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200723-114850_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200723-114850_Messages (resized).jpg
#168 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Glad you got it, I knew you'd like it too. Heck buddy people will come over and play it enough trust me. How does Debbie like it? I'm considering getting another maybe 2 in the not to distant future. Enjoy Who-Dey!

She likes it and thinks its neat but she doesn't care much about any if these games. She's just happy to see me happy lol. She will play a game of pinball and stuff here and there but shes not into it really. She enjoys watching TV. She watches the same damn shows everyday. Andy Griffith, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond and all that crap lol. She's seen all if those old shows 20 times each and still loves watching them lol. I dont get it but if shes happy then so am i.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

For $400 it seems like a no brainer....its nice to have options beyond pinball in your game room

The newer ones are getting a little more expensive I think because they are making them with better quality. Theres something about the nostalgia of them that is just cool. I could really see where a room full if these would be really cool and as addicting as pinball machines are.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I just don't get it, even after reading all these posts. If you want something smaller, it's more financially efficient and smarter to build a bartop arcade like this one. It'll run the games better, and you can customize your game library at any time. It also makes for a great family project.
[quoted image]

We love to waste money!

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That Burger Time looks pretty cool. I’d like to get one just to have Karate Champ. 2 player duals on that game are awesome! Maybe I’ll sell Asteroids and get that one. No more room in the basement

I havent played Karate Champ but 2 times real quick. I remember I used to play it in the arcade and I liked it but I dont remember much about it. Is it really that good of a game? Just wondering because it seemed kind of meh when I tried it the other day. Is single player fun or do you have to play 2 player?

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Or you could have just picked up one game with everything you will ever need that would take the same space as 2-3 of those.

That's true but I enjoy the artwork and stuff on them. I've heard a lot of mixed things about Mames or whatever you call them. For the people who buy arcade 1ups I dont think it's about the money, I think it's all about the nostalgia and having a bunch of these in their gameroom all lit up and giving them that arcade feel like they had back in the 80's and kind of reliving their childhood. I dont know I could be wrong but that's what I think anyways.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Who-Dey if you ever want to try a mame/arcade system I have one with over 26,000 games on it you can try to see if you like it. Play it for a couple months or what ever if you want.

I appreciate the offer, I may come and check it one day. What are your thoughts on the names? I've heard that some games they play accurately and others not so much? I dont know anything at all about them. Do you like yours?

#197 3 years ago

I remember you showing that to me now. That is pretty cool. Did you make that or buy it or what?

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Karate Champ was a great game when it came out. Very addicting once you get the hang of it. Is my favorite out of the games on your Burger Time. The only thing is that it is originally a horizontal mounted monitor game.

Holy shit this Karate Champ really is fun! Now I see why I used to pump quarters in it to play it when I was younger. I totally forgot how fun this game really is. What a nice surprise!
20200726_213955 (resized).jpg20200726_213955 (resized).jpg

20200726_213945 (resized).jpg20200726_213945 (resized).jpg

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Played the Mortal Combat 1up and it was a blast, been over a decade since I last played and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I got one of those on my PS4 and it got old pretty fast. I couldn't remember all of those button combinations if my life depended on it. It seems like all I do is mash buttons and hope for the best on that game..

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Me too lol, I'm the worst play station player alive!

You would have to be a genius to know all of those button combos. It is a cool looking fighting game though but I just wonder how long before it would get old? There are a ton of MK lovers out there though and I can see where that cabinet would appeal to some people. I am going to get the 4 way gates on my game to make the controls a little better on BurgerTime because the only two games I'm going to play anyways is BurgerTime and Karate Champ. I wont ever play the other two I dont think. It controls good now but I want precise controls for burger time.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Are you installing an 8way then or just a better 4way

The game has Karate Champ, BurgerTime, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja. Bad Dudes and Caveman Ninja use the 8 way gates and BurgerTime and Karate Champ use 4 way restrictor gates so those four games should have never been put on the same cabinet.

BurgerTime didnt control very good so they started installing a special gate that made it better I guess and it still works with Caveman Ninja and Bad Dudes also. The only correct way to play BurgerTime is with the 4 way gates like you would have on a pac man machine...up, down, right, and left only.

It was dumb to put those 4 games together and I like the hell out of BurgerTime and Karate Champ so I'm going to install the correct controls and just forget about the other two games.

#212 3 years ago

I did hear that someone makes a gate that can switch between 4 way and 8 way both, so I may go that route also, then I could play all four games with no problems.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Never heard of Caveman Ninja? Have you played it? Sounds like another martial arts gamethat could be fun.

It was called something else in the arcades I think. I havent played it but one time so far and it doesnt seem too bad.

2 weeks later
#231 3 years ago

What are your guys thoughts on cocktail arcade games? Are they as good as the stand up cabinets?

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I had a few real ones but never liked them. They sit to low and take up as much room as a pin. Unless you have someplace that one could fit and out of the way I would say to get the upright. But then again, not everyone tries to squeeze 35 pins in a house. LOL

You have quite the collection going on there! I would have to buy a bigger house to have 35 pins lol. Mine is nowhere close to being big enough.

#241 3 years ago

Just got done playing BurgrtTime and Karate Champ and all i can say is i love this thing! The Ms Pacman cabinet looks awfully tempting, may have to get that one for sure. It has galaga, Galaxian, and both Dig Dugs on it as well. The cabinet artwork is gorgeous on it.

1 week later
#246 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Time to sell that Burgertime who-dey and get this more affordable/stylish one!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1297697966547800064?s=19

Mine is a limited edition cabinet (LE) so its worth a fortune right now. You interested?

1 week later
#269 3 years ago

The BBH really does look amazing but like someone said earlier, the screen if it's small could be a deal breaker. Like Wesman said also, House of the Dead would be amazing.

1 week later
#285 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

4 games and 4 courses per game so 16 total. I like the game a lot, track ball feels good and accurate too.
Star Wars plays great too!

I cant wait for the Golden Tee and Silver Strike combo to come out!

#291 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

They are making a combo? I didn't see that

That's the rumor and they actually had one set out at a show and then they put it away because they said it wasnt supposed to be shown. I think they just did it as a teaser. I would bet money that it's in the works.

#294 3 years ago

There was an interview I watched that said arcade1up found an old version of silver strike bowling that would run on current Arcade1up Hardware. So they are trying to get it made.

Lots of great old games that could be done. I just think that they need to put at least three or four good games per cabinet to really make them worth the money. Golden Tee and a Silver Strike combo would definitely be a big seller i believe. I still love my BurgerTime cabinet and i had totally forgot just how much fun Karate Champ was.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d love to see a track and field/hyper sports.

Theres another gem that i totally forgot about. We used to pound on them buttons like crazy on that game, so much fun. The NBA Jam game looks sweet also from 1up

#300 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Those buttons take a beating so they would need to build a robust control console, probably the biggest challenge since people literally pound on it. Lol

I was thinking the exact same thing. I dont think a 1up arcade cabinet could take that kind of abuse at all.

3 weeks later
#313 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Thanks for the tip!
After testing wit a coffe mug, i will prob. Try to close the holes.
The sound dims a lot and travels by the inside more.
Are all 1 ups this loud?

My BurgerTime cabinet goes from low to high like it should. I have heard of some some games with this issue though. I would call them and see what they say.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.