20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#603 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like it’s coming. I wonder how much they will want for it. 720 next please.
[quoted image]

Tron cabinet looks so good but the game is just so-so.

I dunno..

1 week later
#634 2 years ago

20211023_202800 (resized).jpg20211023_202800 (resized).jpg

20211023_202747 (resized).jpg20211023_202747 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#653 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Haha, jake, I posted the same thing on the A1Up tron thread, where that trigger feels stiff and really clicky. It does its job, though. I think the spinner works fine, too. I have the original 12-n-1 with the awful switch spinner, now upgraded, and it’s in no way comparable to that.
I did have an issue with the color changing light below the screen, where it wouldn’t work when I first booted the machine. However, after an update on a power cycle, it now works perfectly.
The blacklit art is awesome and pops like crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tron looks so good and the height is much better.

Problem is I will never play it. $700 is not pinball money but its still a chunk of change.

Quoted from pinkid:

Ordered a Defender Partycade from QVC. I like the fact that the control panel is correct for Defender. I don't know why Stargate wasn't included, but I like the other games. At least on this one you can pause a game and adjust the difficulty, number of lives, etc. It should be here this week, but I'm not opening until Xmas. Anyone else have one of these or plan to get one? It's like 1981 all over again.

I ordered this game also - I hope it's not crap. I'm also terrible at Defender LOL.

1 week later
#658 2 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

No issues with Tron gameplay at all. I usually upgrade the controls and go to town modding anyway, so I’m sure that will happen eventually, no rush.
I don’t leave pinball machines bone stock so not sure why I’d treat the arcade cabs any different

That Tron cabinet is pretty nice. Like the game / look but I'm not sure I want to pay $700 for it.

Quoted from DarthPaul:

I couldn't wait for a Arcade1up Dragon's Lair, so I ordered one of these;
[quoted image]

I have a Dragon's Lair iiRcade. Pretty sweet little system.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Missed the big sale on Amazon for Tempest at $250. Sold out! However Walmart has them on sale for $283.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Atari-Tempist-Legacy-Arcade-with-Riser-and-Lit-Marquee/346039418[quoted image]

Grabbed one from Amazon yesterday.

Not sure where I will put it. Not sure I need it. Price was crazy cheap. I have a lot of issues.

1 month later
#699 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Shuffled up the mini arcade.
First, I can no longer recommend the Legends Arcade available at Sams Club. My control panel died... completely... separate from any game modifications on it. Even with a factory reset it was dead. Looking online I'm not the only one with the problem. A video of it when I sold it is in this link if anyone wants details. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/127688
Even broken, the arcade sold at $200 within 8 minutes of listing on facebook as people love to by the cabinets to mod.
I ended up trading a set of used pinstadiums I wasn't using for the new Tempest cab. It's neat.
On the Arcade1up side I have discovered I can fit 4 machines into a part of my arcade I am not using at all... my back wall. Arcade1up sells "partycades" which are wall mounted and about 7 inches wide. The screen is as big as the original. I just bought the Defender and have been pleasantly surprised. Additionally, the partycades don't seem to hold their value like the 3/4 size cabinets do, so I can pick them up used. There are several about an hour away in the $100 to $200 range. I'll pick more up when they pop up close by.
Right now the plan is to keep my 60 in 1 and outrun 3/4 size cabs (really like them). I will eventually trade out Tempest in favor of a wall mounted partycade Asteroids when I find one. The side wall of my arcade can fit about 5 without going over budgeted space and I really like my outrun and ordered ridge racer. The plan is to slowly fill them with games that require odd peripherals (like racing games). As I find used deals I can slowly trade/rotate these.
Overall the Defender partycade is really neat. There are only controls for one player, but there is a USB input for additional players (never tried it ) and a headphone jack. To my knowledge, outside of the original machine this is the only place I've seen the full and correct button setup for Defender. The other games on it play well and I've been especially been enjoying Rootbeer tapper, gauntlet, rampage, and Defender.
I still recommend the Arcade1ups. Especially if you can get one use. Right now the best deal you can get is a retropi based 3/4 sized multicade built by others (check your local facebook). [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Grabbed a Defender Partycade also. Huge Defender fan and controls are pretty good.

Still like my Atgames too.
20220101_153802 (resized).jpg20220101_153802 (resized).jpg

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Description from Target priced at $350:
What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Atari Legacy Edition includes a matching riser, if you need to give it some lift!
Great Find Thanks for posting

Only reason I didn't go with the Tempest cab is my Atgames has and plays all the same games perfectly.

Tempest is a spectacular deal otherwise and the cabinet looks really cool.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

So, speaking of, Dragons Lair hasn't been released yet?
Might be my tipping point on these.

Like Pinball, if it sounds too good to be true it is unless it's from a big chain store.

Dragons Lair like so many things is very delayed. Hopefully this year sometime.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sale announcement!! Best Buy is having a 24 hour sale in the A1up pinballs for $599. With free shipping.

I had the 1up AFM and I strongly suggest passing on them. Cabinet looks fantastic but the game play and graphics are horrible.

Flipper lag is so bad it make them almost unplayable.

#738 2 years ago

The 60 in 1 kits are excellent in a 1upcab. I bought a full arcade1up with 60 in 1 already installed from arcademojo on pinside during the York show. Great product and work. 100% recommended.

I did a 60-1 kit in a PacMan and replace the stick with a Sanwa 4-way.

Plays perfect Ms. PacMan, Donkey Kong and Frogger. All your favorites on that PCB.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I just picked a legends unit off of Facebook for well under retail and it was like new. Put every game and console on it that's ever existed through USB and a bitpixel Marquee. It does everything I need it too and then some. Running steam games streaming off my PC etc. It's got a lot of utility and a little better durability in the build department than the 1up's
They're hard to find in store so I gave up and went FB marketplace but I'm glad I did, this thing is awesome.
[quoted image]

Atgames Legends is a great machine. Load 1000s of games, decent quality.

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

The flipper lag is much better on the updated games. I’m still looking for an arcade game I’d like, hoping for a 1942 or Sky Shark or something. I converted a Toyshock pinball to run a Nintendo Switch. I’ll drop a PC in the AFM when the hard drive dies .
[quoted image]

Glad the update helps.

The bigger issue was also playing AFM vs playing real pin. I have player other vpins that are much better but obviously you have to pay more.

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

To be honest I’ll never own a full size video again. Pinball is my passion, vids are just to relive that nostalgia feeling.

I've kind of fallen that way also. Enjoy pinball far more than video games and I will not likely add another game cabinet.

Still - I love having my Atgames multicade in particular.

3 weeks later
#792 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just got the BBH in on trade for installing a Pandora's Box CX for a customer. Now to get the parts to upgrade it to a 32" monitor, 4" riser extension, weights for the gun stock and new trigger buttons.
DOes anyone know what version and model number Geekworm works with this? I have the one that is marked V2.0 on the board.[quoted image]

Needs a bigger screen for sure but great cab.

I keep looking for a used one.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here're the Walmart links, includes free shipping:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade-1Up-Mortal-Kombat-Midway-Legacy-12-in-1/994999671
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ARCADE-1UP-The-Simpsons-Arcade-1UP-With-Riser/620999169

I think Walmart clearance deals are usually store/region specific, but worth a look anyway!

Both cabinets have issues but if you can live with them...

MK has a tight deck and poor sightline to the screen (cut off)

Simpsons has poor speakers and the bowling game is abysmal / too easy.

3 weeks later
#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I ordered a big buck hunter yesterday, it will be my 6th arcade1up

Definitely considering Big Buck

3 weeks later
#859 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Finish up my BBH Pro today.
Still looking for the Walmart BBH World cab since I like that artwork better. So don't plan on keeping this one.
Has brand new 32" TCL HD Smart TV with Roku model# 32S331. Cab was cut out around the monitor to make the front of screen even with the marquee. Running a Geekworm 1.5 V20 with HDMI cable. Weights added to the gun stock to balance them out. PVC tubes added so guns sit like the real game and foam pads stuffed in the back to keep them from banging the wood. Power strip added inside the cab connected to a fused power module. This controls both the game and TV. However you have to use the remote to turn TV on and off. And last a 6" bottom riser installed to make it perfect hight. Since this is HDMI it does occasionally black out for a second during a cut scene but never during game play. Just like all the other HDMI. Accuracy is really good. I would say about 98% of shots hit. SOme games are 100%
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well done!

How long did that take to do?

1 month later
#915 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My latest build and my first Ms Pac Man 40th anniversary edition 60 in 1 mod. Getting this ready for Allentown show. Have 3 more games to get done before the show.
[quoted image]

I did a 60-1 in a PacMan. They have a perfect game selection!

Quoted from JPloof:

Pulled the trigger on the new Golden Tee 3D cabinet. Their first somewhat full size cabinet, this thing is huge compared to other cabinets on a riser. Viewing angles of the new screen suck, but otherwise it’s going to be a fun cabinet and nice distraction. Kids love the bowling game already.
[quoted image]

I hope Arcade 1up goes with larger cabinets going forward, look much better.

1 week later
#928 1 year ago

Outrun is way more repayable than Ridge Racer. Ridge Racer, although technically 5 different games has a grand total of 5 tracks between them. I still mostly play the original outrun the most of these. I'm also freeing up a bit of space to put an old TV and consoles there. I'd trade for a different 1up listed above though. These have been much easier to move and trade on facebook in my experience than pins.

OG Outrun still one of the best racing games ever

1 month later
#971 1 year ago

Lucked out and found this used yesterday.. I know people don't love the screen but when you play it looks just great. Game play and cabinet size is all a+++

20220701_223626 (resized).jpg20220701_223626 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is the iiRacde Dragon’s Lair better?

Better in the sense that it's a multicade so you can add lots of games to it.

Arcade1up is much more true to the original with a replica cabinet and the original ROM. If you love love love Dragons Lair - this is the one.

Personally I get tired of the game quickly so it would be pretty furniture in my basement.

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How do you like the Golden Tee?
I'm hoping they do this same cab but with Golden Tee Fore Complete at some point in the future, that would be an insta-buy for me

New Golden Tee 3D plays really really well. Size matters and this thing is much closer to a full size arcade. Track ball is superb.

Surprisingly the big hit is bowling. Kids love it.

3 weeks later
#993 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Sold a pin this morning and with nothing do to the rest of the day and flush with bills, a dangerous combination of events, I ran around to numerous Best Buys to pick up a bunch of on sale 1ups. Heads up: Everywhere right now Simpsons is $400 with stool ($300 off), and Ridge Racer is $400 (also $300 off). And then I used reward points to get $100 off each of Golden Tee 3D, Terminator 2, and Pac-Mania Legacy. Gonna be a lot of assembling in my near future.
Already have Star Wars Arcade and Big Buck Hunter. Really looking for an Outrun if anyone wants to sell one or knows where to find 'em!
[quoted image]

Holy crap.. That is a lot of building for you!

My warning on Simpsons - gets old fast. My buddy just sold it. When you finish the replay value is low.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is that the one with Shuffleshot too? That's a fun quick game. Any idea if it would be possible to swap in a Nighthawk-era Golden Tee Live setup?

Yes - Golden Tee 3D has World Class Bowling and Shuffleshot. It's a very good cabinet. It's very approachable and fun when friends come over!

In terms of mods - you could for sure. Rip out the PCB, grab a monitor adaptor and go.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I almost bought a Simpson’s Arcade1up yesterday at Best Buy as $400 is a good price. I got there, looked at it, and decided I rather spend $400 towards NFL Blitz when it comes out later this year.
Then, I get home and fired up my Raspberry Pi, play the Simpson’s Arcade game, and beat it in 40 minutes. That would have cost me $10 a minute on the Arcade1up. Being a side scroller beat’em up, there isn’t much replay value.

I have Simpsons on my Legends Coinops . My daughter and I finished the game at Christmas and I have no desire to play it anymore. Lol.

NFL Blitz should be good.

20210731_210214 (resized).jpg20210731_210214 (resized).jpg

#1005 1 year ago

Supposedly NFL Blitz is dropping tomorrow. Depending on pricing, lineup, and features I may be tempted.

Definitely want to see some reviews and game play before buying it.

1 week later
#1030 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Is this game worth $400? I saw it on Facebook garage sale. I think he made the riser.
[quoted image]

No. That's the version with no riser and lit marquee. They were $300 new.

#1032 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks very much. Do you know much about these head to head games?[quoted image]

Newer once like this are decent, they are a bit taller so you may not need the furniture legs.

Very decent, my friend has one.

1 week later
#1046 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I am new to the 1up scene & have a couple questions.
This Pac-Man cocktail is on sale for $200 off. Is this a great deal? Also... would it be difficult to convert this to a 60 in 1? Thanks!
[quoted image]

$499 not bad. Sometimes you can get cheaper on clearance if you wait it out but you take your chances with that.

It's definitely decent if you are looking for a cocktail cabinet.

#1049 1 year ago

If you want a 60-1 just buy one, it's cheaper and easier. Lots of them around for sale for $600-1000. I wouldn't be fiddling around in a 1up to do that.

1 week later
#1060 1 year ago

Just picked up a used Buck Hunter.

Should have done so a long time ago. Great game, highly recommended!

20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220910_141649 (resized).jpg
#1068 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

So I just ordered the Street fight 35th anniversary Shinku Hadoken. This will be my first 1UP arcade.

Should be a good one.

Little pricey - should be $499 but whatever.

1 week later
#1082 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

NFL Blitz arrived way earlier than expected. It’s a solid game and just how I remembered it. Don’t worry about the downplay on hits, it’s still a lot of fun, and the commentary is the same.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My big worry is no on-line play yet. I need to know that works well or I'm not buying.

#1091 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

They'll get it going. It did do a software update right away when I setup the WiFi. I wasn't expecting this until late October, so I think shipping beat the software department.

Maybe, but there is doubt about the processor being ale to handle Blitz on-line, especially if you have multiple players on each side.

We shall see but I'm going to wait and see as on-line is a super important feature for me.

2 weeks later
#1096 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

They'll be $399 by Christmas but instinct says (not so much regarding late hits) but with the debacle with no online play says no.

I agree - On-line is a dealbreaker for a lot of people. I can't see owning this without it or a BIG discount if it's not working.

John D is supposed to update this week, not holding my breath.

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I'm thinking of putting my T2 up for trade for an Outrun. Good idea? T2 replayability isn't great and I have a modded BBH, maybe a driving game is better. I really love the look of the T2 though.

I have a Outrun upright. Wayyyy better than T2..

If you can find a trade do it.

1 week later
#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from Junglist:

What are everyones thoughts on the upcoming KI Pro machine? Worth it?

I think if you are a big fan it's a must have. Less of a toy and nicer looking all around.

$1000 USD is not crazy but it's definitely a bit pricey. Would be nice if they just sold the cabinet for $800-900 without the accessories.

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Peoples thoughts on the leaked Time Crisis arcade1up.
[quoted image]

I like it ok but I'm not in love with the game. I'm keeping my Buck Hunter and I'll put a bigger screen on it soon.

Sinden tech is very decent, I don't even notice the border.

Time Crisis game will be $700 apparently, same as T2.

20220910_141649 (resized).jpg20220910_141649 (resized).jpg

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I see that you also raised up your buck hunter a couple extra inches.
[quoted image]

Nice homemade booster. I actually just bought this one for my Buck Hunter (6").. looks a bit better

https://www.buystuffarcades.com/products/riser-booster-for-arcade1up-arcades.

Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any ‘make your own multicade’ for dummies information?
I know this is an active forum so thought I’d ask here.
I have an old Pac-Man cabinet that was poorly converted the typical 60-1 multicade and instead of swapping out what they did I want to strip it all down and just start over.
Thanks in advance!

If you want an easy multi-cade solution grab an Atgames and stick a coinops USB drive it. Much easier and better than a 1up conversion.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/atgames-legends-ultimate-home-arcade-with-special-bonus/PL980411408?xid=plp_product_3

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I did a Coinops conversion on my Arcade 1Up NBA Jam. I love how it turned out but was a LOT of work getting it up and running. Some of that is Coinops specific (they didn't have a 4-player Coinops build when I did it so lots of messing around in config files to get all the controllers working right, and I spent a ton of time messing with settings to pare down the game list to ~50 and get the display just how I wanted it). But Arcade 1Up is not easy to mod (probably by design), so you have to add a PC to replace the processor and deal with proprietary connectors on the monitor, speakers, and controllers. So if you're looking for an easy (vs. dirt cheap) Coinops machine, I'd also recommend fining something more plug-and-play than a 1Up.

Absolutely. I did a Pi mod on a SFII cabinet and it turned out ok but it's small and it was absolutely a pain.

The Atgames is substantially bigger and better quality. There are specific Coinop builds with marquees for them and it's easy to download and plug/play.
20210731_210214 (resized).jpg20210731_210214 (resized).jpg

For those looking for builds, check etsy. Lots of plug and play SD card solutions.

All these images are free on the internet. Those cards are a rip off.

1 week later
#1149 1 year ago

Ridge Racer, T2 and Simpsons with stool $299 at Amazon.com today if anyone looking.

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just left Best Buy with a $299 Ridge Racer. Do you guys upgrade the controllers on this game like people do on other games?[quoted image]

Controls on Ridge Racer are actually decent.. You should be ok. Nothing really available to replace as far as I know.

#1158 1 year ago

Now is the time. The promo code holiday22a1upfriend25 works for 25% in the Arcade1up store right now, with free shipping on orders of 599 before discounts.
For $240 you can get:
Ridge Racer
Simpsons
T2
I bought Blitz ($479), Simpsons (299), and T2 (299) in the past week. If I can get Golden Tee XL as well under 500 I'll scoop that one up as well, but have not seen it yet.
The best bang for your buck 1up is still... Arcademojo's 60 in 1 customs (search this thread for a pinsider made deal) but I've had the most fun by far on my Outrun and Blitz.
If you have little ones visiting periodically, the Simpsons 1up is a great deal. Should take about 2 hours to put together and its easy enough for 4 year olds to coin up and play.
T2 shows up in the mail today. I'll post a new photo once my mini arcade is up and running.
I've had good luck trading these around too. Try listing yours "for trade" on facebook when you are tired of yours. Traded out Ridge Racer for Big Buck hunter a few months ago.

Stand up Outrun and Buck Hunter are my favorites. I converted my PacMan to a 60-1.

New Yoga Flame SF looks really good.

Running out of room for these though..

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from tamoore:

When Arcade 1up announced it would be doing Dragons Lair, I decided to get on the email notification just in case they did something really cool.
The first generation of A1U games were honestly, pretty bad looking IMO. I got two for my grandson for his room, but I had no desire to own one myself. The generic cabinet with the name of the games on the front was just not very visually pleasing and they felt like Junk. But when the did the Burger Time, a semi-accurate recreation, that impression started to change for me. When the final images of Dragons Lair came out just prior to pre-order, I knew I would get at least that one. And then looking around, I noticed that Tron looked amazing, and so did Star Wars, and I'll be damned if that Class of 81 and Tempest weren't also really great looking.
The Dragons Lair came in and I was extremely happy with it, other than the sound lag problem (which didn't kill the experience for me). So I started ordering others when they were on sale and I could get a good price. I now have 9 of them, and I could totally see selling all of my coinop video games and replace them with these.
I have been way more than happy with all of my A1U purchases as a 'casual' game player. If the game play is different or has lag compared to their real counterparts, it's not enough for me to even notice. Multiple games per unit, semi-accurate cabinet style, light weight and you can fit 3 games into the space occupied by 2 coin op games. The controller components seem to be getting better too.
The last one I got was Pong pub table for 199 dollars. That's a pretty great game and it's built very well and - 4 player Warlords? Heck yea!
I've been collecting video games for almost 30 years, and while it took a while, Arcade 1up eventually won me over. Looking forward to seeing what they do next.

Generally they are much better now but they still can have design and/or emulation issues. I always watch a few reviews before buying. My big issue is height, I find these a bit short so I have bought some boosters for them which makes them much better.

Quoted from Moomert1:

The Yoga Flame is nice. I've pretty much been playing each night. I just wish more people were playing on line. That was one of the main reasons I got it. A quick way to play against others in Super Turbo.

So not many people go on-line?

That was my main motivation for buying.

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Not from what I've seen. I see the same people over and over and there are not to many of them. For Hyper Fighting, the most lobbies I've seen used at once was 7......out of 200. For Super Turbo, most I've seen used at one time was 3. It does get boring playing the same Ryu players over and over. Champion Edition seems to have the most users....which is odd I think. That game is just to slow for my taste.

That is a bit disappointing. Maybe more after the holidays as more people buy and spend more time inside.

Waiting to see if there is a good sale.. not in a rush. I have lots to play LOL.

Thanks for the info!

#1171 1 year ago

KI for $270 is crazy

Get a stool with it also. Wow.

#1177 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe someone else has seen this but is there a mod to get NASCAR arcade or Daytona on the outrun arcade 1up?
Could have sworn I’ve seen this recently.

Yep. Mod is coming soon.

I think they said it works with Ridge Racer and Outrun.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/buystuffarcades/permalink/814160549844852/?mibextid=Nif5oz

#1181 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Their modular plug and play racing kits look pretty nice.

Ya they are good guys. I have been to their store and I have the yoke driving setup on my Legends Ultimate.

Great plug and play mods.

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Just booted Blitz today and see that it went live for online play. Just the ‘99 is currently live, but it’s a start.

Blitz on-line is decent - was playing at my friends house

I am going to get one but waiting for a few more updates, want to see it refined as it definitely stuttered a bit. Apparently this is a beta release.

#1195 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

These things are fun for sure, getting more expensive with every release it seems. Wish I would have picked up an Outrun as the don’t seem to be available new anymore

The stand up Outrun is really fun. They should have kept making it.

20220916_201928 (resized).jpg20220916_201928 (resized).jpg
#1206 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any thoughts on T2? It’s on sale for $299.99. If not T2, what’s best multiplayer shooter?

I prefer Buck Hunter but it's ok for $300.

Kids like it a lot at a friend's house I've noticed.

I definitely wouldn't have paid full price..

#1213 1 year ago

I've had an Atgames and it crapped out on me in under a month (results may or may not be typical). VPINs are mostly crap, with a very few exceptions. It's real pinball or bust for me.
As to why the 1ups? I've had a full MAME setup and a few retropi builds but I actually play the 1ups more. They all have the right controls. They all look cool. It is a ready made awesome little (relatively) cheap arcade decoration. One of my 1ups is a 60 in 1 but they are otherwise stock. My kids can use these without needing help, and I have been enjoying mine. I have also found that these are relatively easy to sell or trade on Facebook, and you can usually get about $100 less than what you paid. Done with your fun? Sell it and get a new one.
The only one thats pure crap is the Tempest 12 in 1 (controls break). I'm also not a fan of the screen on my GoldenTee XL, but have been thrilled with everything else from them.

Love my Atgames with CoinopsX

Ultimate multicade for the $

Vpin mostly sucks ya - can't go back lol

1 week later
#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

That’s an awesome price for blitz! I also paid double and didn’t even get a stool!

Blitz with a stool for $299 is a complete no-brainer - wow

#1227 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my Ridge Racer built and promptly hidden away for Christmas (no way am I building this at 1am on Christmas Eve!). The newer cabinets do have a nicer finish than the earlier cabinets. The steering wheel has a good quality feel to it but the pedals feel cheap. I wanted to see if the game could be set up as a sit-down without the riser and was happy to discover that yes, the pedals are not integral to the riser. I will fashion something to help secure the pedal box to the cabinet but it'll do for now. Hope the kiddos like it.
[quoted image]

Buystuff Arcades has a sit down conversion kit and a multicade conversion for this cab.

https://www.buystuffarcades.com/products/ridge-racer-and-outrun-mod-kit

#1235 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Please tell me it has Hard Drivin'/Race Drivin'

I'll check. I'm not home this weekend.

Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Probably because nobody belongs to Sam's Club.

Depends on how close you are to one. I know in the Buffalo area there are no Costcos but there are Sam's Clubs so...

#1244 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Absolutely not the case on the resale thing.

Usually lose $100-200 off new including tax. Last 2 I bought used instead. Lots of these games floating around these days. Lots of people willing to trade too.

#1257 1 year ago

Snowy Christmas, on-line gameplay works finally, couldn't resist.

Go Bills Go!

20221224_101947~2 (resized).jpg20221224_101947~2 (resized).jpg

#1258 1 year ago

Pretty sweet

20221225_002659 (resized).jpg20221225_002659 (resized).jpg
#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any of the tiny pinball machines? Thinking about getting one and just leaving the legs off of it for my son to play and beat up on.

Horrible flipper lag and jagged graphics. I wouldn't. I sold mine after a month.

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Since the arcade1ups were on such deep sale lately I ended up receiving the T2 cab and the simpsons cabs for christmas. I actually really enjoy them and think they are a ton of fun.

My buddy keeps going on about 1ups saying they are crap and aren't the same scale as my pins.

To me it's a whole separate thing, I don't care if they are scale. Have to check reviews though, some do have issues and design flaws. Love my Blitz and Buck Hunter cabs especially. For the money (especially on sale) they are really fun.

1 week later
#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I know a good number of people that put down the arcade1ups, but all I can say is "to each his own".
There are a lot of non-purists getting joy out of having half a dozen arcade1ups. Living a little bit of their dream and having an arcade in their house.
The cabs are also teaching a lot of unskilled people about raspberry pi mods, etc. I think that's a cool side effect.
I've owned lots of "real" arcades and pins, and I still think arcade1up has a place in a line up.
[quoted image]

For friends and neighbors visiting the 1ups are very approachable and most are familiar with Pac-Man, Buck Hunter or Outrun and can just play.

Pinball will be my passion for the rest of days most likely but I will never forget the old arcade game times in high school. Would love to have real arcades also but I'd rather have more pins for the space they take.

1 week later
#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

For the people who play online.......how is it going? Are there actually people in the lobbies for the game you play on?
I myself play Street Fighter on my Yoga Flame cabinet. For Super Turbo..........there really is nobody online, ever....at least from what I have seen. Surprisingly, Hyper Fighting seems to recently always have 4 - 6 lobbies being used. Although most of the time, it seems only high ranking players are present.

That's correct, if you play a random game you will almost certainly get your ass kicked on SF. LOL

You have to find people on the 1up FB page to play with and organize that way. I do that with NFL Blitz. We have a small group of guys that play and we are all the same skill level which makes it fun.

3 months later
#1327 11 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone planning on getting the Fast & Furious and linking a few of them? Too bad about the reduced lineup of cars.

Saw a YouTube stream of two games playing together. Looks pretty decent actually. It's tempting.

1 month later
#1329 9 months ago
Quoted from OHEMIO:

Spent my young life in arcades late mid 70's through the early 90's. I collect and restore EM arcades. At one point had 17 - 500lb arcades. Currently have 9. I enjoy restoring them. Still yearned for some golden age and fighting titles so went with 2-4500 Wifi Pandoras Boxes. Upgraded controls to Sanwa. 4 way gates didn't do it for me. So I found a gutted Space Invaders in the trash and built a 60-1 with a true 4 way control. Love the game play this board provides. Yet it still left me wanting for more.
Last November I came across A1U while searching for Tron controls. Didn't know anything about AIU or that it existed until then. Now I have 6. Tron, Joust Legacy, Tempest Legacy, Ridge Racer, Dragons Lair, Golden Tee 3D, and Star Wars. My point is these are not arcade quality but I knew that going in. Did my research as anyone that is a collector should. What I will say is I've had the time of my life with doing mods to these games to obtain accuracy in game play. Some mods are great that are offered by 3rd parties. Some not so great.
What the A1U community needs to grasp is these original titles in great condition restored would cost upwards of $20K. The originals had their issues too and most didn't play the originals. Monitors, controls, boards, buttons etc. For a fraction of the cost I have the golden age nostalgia I've been yearning for.
Will post some specific mods by game and my thoughts on what worked well for me an what I would pass on if I knew what I know now.

I've kind of gone the other way. I had 6-7 1ups at one point. I have 2 left and one is for sale.

At the same time I have added in my first real game (Defender) and 3 more pinball machines. For me now less is more. My true love is pinball and the feeling of a real arcade just isn't there in the same way for me in an Arcade1up. Some are better than others. Tron, Star Wars and Dragons Lair are among the best IMO. I think Arcade1up should make some more of the XL cabinets which definitely feel better, not sure if that will happen.

3 months later
#1340 6 months ago

Not all 1ups are created equal. There are definitely a few gems like Atari Star Wars and SF Yoga Flame. The new Pac-Man XL at Costco that just came out is a great Namco game machine for $599 USD. Sadly poor quality parts and screens hinder many others. Definitely stay away from the virtual pinball machines.

I had about 6-7 of them at one point, I have 2 left. I think they are ok but definitely do some research before buying and used is the way to go to save a pile of $. Resale is generally pretty poor.

4 months later
#1346 53 days ago

Picked up 2 used cabs on the weekend. Great deals on these out there.

Atari Centipede Legacy - pretty good game play but the screen isn't the best. Beautiful art on the machine though.

SFII Shinku Hadoken Edition - Beautiful cabinet and plays well - recommended at a good price!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.