20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#627 2 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Looks like some Walmarts are putting the nba jam cab on clearance. One 30 minutes away from me had 2 under $100 when I got in my car, but they were all gone by the time I was in the store.

Yeah, I keep reading about people finding NBA Jam for $100 but the best I could find in-stock in the Denver area last weekend was $170. (I used Brickseek and just kept typing in surrounding zip codes until I found one): https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=664728270

Me and my boys had fun building it and have had a lot of fun playing, so I'd say after four days we've had $170 of fun with it already. That said, it feels like an Ikea-quality mini-arcade game so I'm not sure I'd have been psyched to pay full price. Based on the history of these games it seems like holding out for clearance makes sense as they somehow still haven't mastered the supply/demand situation. Though maybe some games they do smaller runs on and they actually do "sell out" at retail?

I don't really care about the online play feature, so I'm already thinking that once the boys get tired of it I'll replace the guts with a PC for MAME (just the 50 or so games I actually want to play, not 6,000 or whatever which sounds like a disaster to me), add an extra button per player so we can play the D&D Capcom games and Samurai Shodown, and swap in an old 20" monitor. There're tons of great YouTube posts on modding these things!

2 months later
#676 2 years ago

That marquee now looks a little out of place

3 weeks later
#695 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Added 2-way gates to the two outer joysticks for more authentic feel. And wired them as button #1.

Nice looking reskin! For Tapper, is it playable with a standard joystick (without the gates)? I’m doing a mame mod on an Arcade1Up NBA Jam and am finalizing my game list. I figured Tapper would require the custom controllers but if it works with joysticks I’ll give it a spin.

1 week later
#765 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone done the 20" lcd upgrade to their 1up?

I’ve got all the parts collected to swap in a $20 Craigslist monitor in my NBA Jam cab, I’ll post back when I finally get around to doing it!

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Nice i just bought the $400 walmart version last year. People were finding them for around $200 but it varied by store location.

I guess every Walmart makes its own clearance decisions (and pricing), but last year a bunch of them put NBA Jam on clearance. I paid $270 for mine in Oct or Nov, but some people reported getting them as low as $89. But at least in the Denver area they seem to be all sold out, so it's either suck it up and pay retail at BestBuy, or keep an eye on Craigslist.

Added 20 months ago:

Doesn't really matter but I paid $170 for the NBA Jam, not $270 like I said here.

3 weeks later
#789 2 years ago

I’ve read the cabs are still 3” shy of arcade height with the riser. But you can 3D print “legs” to make up the difference. That’s probably next on my list.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Heads up, Walmart currently has Midway Legacy for $249 and Simpsons for $399

Here're the Walmart links, includes free shipping:

I think Walmart clearance deals are usually store/region specific, but worth a look anyway!

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I'm seeing reports the Wal-Mart MK2 doesn't include the riser or a lighted marquee. Anyone confirm that?

The Walmart website picture doesn’t show the riser or marquee so I assume it’s not included. Nice work getting BestBuy to price match the better setup!

3 weeks later
#841 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I'm also wondering If 1up will be releasing this again in the pro series with the larger cabinet and screen

You’ve probably seen the YouTube videos, but it’s relatively straightforward to mod 1Up BBH with a bigger screen. Of course that wouldn’t get you the bigger cabinet.

2 weeks later
#877 2 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I think I'm all set

Famous last words ...

1 week later
#899 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Well, the T2 is a lot of fun, but I'm realizing a problem. You can beat the whole game in no time at all. Then it's the same game again.

Is the T2 easily modded to add more games? Or is there something funky about the light guns that they won’t work with a MAME emulator?

1 week later
#911 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Still some clearance games out there. Found these at two stores a little over an hour from me.

What did you end up paying for those? I do like the look of those PacMan cabs.

1 month later
#939 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone put a mini fridge in their 1up Arcade? I figured you just don’t put in the front panel and slide a fridge in, but I was hoping for some better ideas to make I look better.

This one looks pretty nice (in the comments he explains how he did it, doesn't sound too bad).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a0mgv8/incorporated_a_mini_fridge_into_my_arcade1up/

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That was my first one. I ended up selling that game and did another one when I got my Star Wars.

Awesome! And I love the door decals on your v2.

2 months later
#995 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I know 0 about 1up games but thought it would be neat to have 1 if it was priced right. Are either of these bargains I can't live without ?

My gut feeling is with the economy cooling off a bit there should be more Arcade1Ups popping up on Craigslist at reasonable prices, and we may return to the days when you could regularly snag them on clearance at Walmart. So if you're not dying for either of these titles now I might hold off.

I also agree w/ kool1's comment above about the low replayability of Simpsons. Same goes for TMNT and the other "beat 'em ups". Simpsons is a great candidate for modding if you want to do a multi-game cabinet (and are cool with 2 buttons per player or comfortable doing some drilling to add more). But I wouldn't buy one just to play as-is unless you're a huge fan of the original and want it for pure nostalgia value.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

FWIW, the mod kits from arcademodup.com (or entire cab supplied by them) will have I think both the PS1 and Dreamcast versions of Blitz. Not the arcade game but close… and not neutered to satisfy the modern day CTE complaints made by no one.

I love this quote: "Our remastered version has over 84% of the different hits from the original Blitz, so do not worry, all of the fun chaos is still there." So I guess 84% = 100%. That said I'm surprised Arcade1Up got permission to remake the game at all, apparently the NFL was none-too-pleased with Blitz when it first came out and it's a different league than it was in the 1990s.

If you're modding your Arcade 1Up cab yourself and put a modestly powered PC in it (splurge for the $75 one on Craigslist and you're in the ballpark) you can run MAME Blitz as well.

1 week later
#1038 1 year ago

SF II Big Blue w/ riser and stool is $399 at Walmart currently. With Arcade 1Up prices coming back down I'm not sure if that's a "deal" anymore, but thought I'd post it just in case
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Street-Fighter-II-Big-Blue-Arcade-with-Riser-and-Exclusive-Stool-Bundle/530710375

#1048 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

This Pac-Man cocktail is on sale for $200 off. Is this a great deal? Also... would it be difficult to convert this to a 60 in 1?

Not speaking from experience here. But from a bit of searching on reddit it sounds like you can mod the Arcade1Up cocktail tables, but you probably cannot use a preconfigured 60-in-1 card to swap in, and will instead need a cheap PC with CoinOps or other emulation software (you can use a raspberry pi on the standup machines but evidently it’s underpowered to do flip screen mode on a cocktail).

#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

In case anyone cares they are 450 through all sites right now. Just picked up a attack from mars for 450 through kohls and got 90 in kohls cash back so essentially 380 shipped to my house.

Do the 1Up virtual pinballs usually go that low? Here's a link:
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-5753575/arcade-1-up-williams-bally-attack-from-mars-10-in-1-pinball-machine.jsp

#1054 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I ordered a new 1up Pacman legacy Bandai game. I plan on making it into a 60 in 1. Do you have tips on installing this kit? Any ideas or things I should change or modify?

Are you planning to upgrade the monitor? I'd recommend it -- looks like they'd charge you $30 for an adapter to use the existing monitor. For not too much more than that you could probably buy a bigger and better replacement on your local craigslist (downside is you'll lose the cool bezel if you go with a maxed-out 19" monitor, but worth it for increased quality and screen-size).

1 week later
#1066 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

FYSA Wal-Mart has the Simpsons with lit marquee and riser on sale for $199 shipped. Not a ton of replay value but if you have visiting little ones this is perfect.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1Up-The-Simpsons-Arcade-With-Riser/620999169

Sold out quickly!

#1071 1 year ago
Quoted from rad:

Nice closeout price. I wonder if the game can be modified with a 60-1 board?

Yes, but it's not at all plug-and-play. Arcade 1Up uses a custom single-board setup, not standard JAMMA wiring. I added an old PC to my NBA Jam cab to run MAME, and I'm guessing you'd need a similar parts-list for a 60-in-1. I needed adaptors and/or replacements for the monitor, joystick/buttons, and sound to get them to work with something other than the stock 1Up board. You'll likely also want to add one or more buttons for on/off, add credits, etc. (it takes some significant work to use the existing power and vol. switches with a replacement board).

Given the cost and work involved I'd recommend skipping a 60-in-1 board, which limits your game choice and is probably only 1-2 player games. If I'm right it's about the same work to install a Raspberry Pi or PC which will give you more control over the interface and game list (at the cost of more time figuring out all the configuration options).

1 week later
#1087 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

So Arcade 1 coming out with larger cabs now. Just curious now as I have a SW. Enough with these risers.

Looks like brand new NFL Blitz still has the riser. I wonder if they do it so (short) people with big collections and no risers will have a nice consistent line of games? Or maybe they just like charging an extra $60 for a couple of pieces of MDF.

#1089 1 year ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

Heard SW was being sold again but curious if it will be larger cab w no riser. Yea guess more cash out for a riser.

Well they have some larger cabs like the Shaq NBA Jam model and the "Pro Series" models, so maybe they'll do something like that for SW?
https://arcade1up.com/products/nba-jam-shaq-edition-arcade-machine
https://collider.com/arcade1up-pro-series-full-size-gaming-cabinet/

1 month later
#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If you want an easy multi-cade solution grab an Atgames and stick a coinops USB drive it. Much easier and better than a 1up conversion.

I did a Coinops conversion on my Arcade 1Up NBA Jam. I love how it turned out but was a LOT of work getting it up and running. Some of that is Coinops specific (they didn't have a 4-player Coinops build when I did it so lots of messing around in config files to get all the controllers working right, and I spent a ton of time messing with settings to pare down the game list to ~50 and get the display just how I wanted it). But Arcade 1Up is not easy to mod (probably by design), so you have to add a PC to replace the processor and deal with proprietary connectors on the monitor, speakers, and controllers. So if you're looking for an easy (vs. dirt cheap) Coinops machine, I'd also recommend fining something more plug-and-play than a 1Up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added?tu=fosaisu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.