20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 3 years ago

Has anyone tried the Big Buck Hunter version? Seems like the screen might be too small, but who knows?

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Still enjoying ours, screen hasn’t bothered anyone thus far but an upgrade would definitely be a bonus.

Man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the BBH AIUP from Wal-Mart sight unseen, but man hard to find a 17" screen being doable and I don't want to spend money to mod it up to the 20". Do you just stand closer. Also, we are about to move and I would just have shipped to current house only to have movers bring to new house. Do these A1UP's stick around in stock. I tried to get an Aracade Legends around Christmas and they were never available.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, some do have a tendency to disappear at the good prices. Golden Tee is a good example.
Look at it this way, your getting 4 games with it for $449 so even if you pay a few bucks to increase screen size it’s still a good deal.

You all are good sales men. I'm putting my order in now. Bad influences you all are.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

If you are about to move, I'd recommend buying it now but keeping it in the box until after you move. While these are light and easier to transport than your standard arcade game, you'll minimize the risk of damage if you keep it in the original packaging. I think it'll be a lot less stressful leaving it packed up.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, but move day isn't until the 22nd. It's going to be hard.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

got my Big Buck world yesterday .. works great with the small screen .. i'm looking for an in stock convertor card though to upgrade monitor
needs more height and i have it on a dolly another 4" up. im 6'

Amazon is out of the board, but AliExpress has it, including the bundle with the cable for $30. I've never ordered from them, so I don't know what shipping would be. Newegg has what looks to be similar for almost $60 with shipping, but no cable. I'm going to wait until my move, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the upgrade as well. Anyone seen the weird Youtube video of the guy's wife showing off the monitor upgrade talking all sexy? It's called Kong's something.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So here is what the BBH looks like with larger monitor and the 4” riser extension installed.
[quoted image]

Where did you source the 4:3 20" Dell? I was looking on Dell website and don't see any 4:3 ratio monitors. Amazon has a Sceptre brand I've never heard of for $80. My search mainly takes me to Ebay. They are more than I expected.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Got mine on a Amazon for $130, could have done ebay for $98 but returns via Amazon are easier.
Look for a dell 2007fpb, picture quality is fantastic as it’s a high resolution monitor as well.
I’m really happy with how it all turned out.

Thanks and being 4:3 it'll look bigger than I expected.

#392 3 years ago

Is the dell 2007fpb so expensive just because of Arcade1Up? I can't justifty $130 for used old monitor, $124 for bezel and mount kit, and $40-60 for the board. We are at 75% of the cost of the Arcade1Up to begin with. Seems crazy.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have 3 different HDTV's (none are 4k) and i can't get it to reliably work with any of them. Only appears on one of them. I might try another order or return this one.

The Kong's YouTube video said he had to try a few monitors before he could get his board to work. The Cool Stuff guy made it look like it would work on about any monitor. Ezeltmann, thanks for your updates because I have really been toying with the idea of going to a larger screen, but haven't pulled the trigger.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You just gotta watch Facebook marketplace. Search for Dell monitor, 20” monitor, and just monitor. I bought my last 2 as a pair for $50. Seller didn’t have size listed but saw they were Dells. I asked and they replied they were 2001fpb. Not as nice as the 2007 model but still good. Also HP and others make a 4:3 monitor. So it doesn’t have to be Dell. They are just the most popular. I’ve found one at goodwill and another at Salvation Army store. Both were less then $20.

Good to know. I thought there was some kind of magic with the Dell 2007 that made it scarce now. This is a dumb question, but you mention 2001fpb vs 2007 are those the year they were made?

#422 3 years ago

I just ordered the Geekworm board, it's back on Amazon for $39. Now the search for reasonably cheap monitor continues. I'm leaning toward an easier to find, newer widescreen monitor and use a monitor bracket to extend it out, if needed. I'm not excited about a monitor from 2007 priced like new and a over $100 bezel kit. I'm all over the place, so I may do whatever.

#427 3 years ago

I think I found a 2001fp 5 minutes from me on FB MP based on the one front picture for $20, but I'm being ghosted. I don't get sellers that don't want to sell.

1 week later
#441 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If for a Big Buck Hunter it's personal choice. 20" is the biggest 4:3 commercially made. Many have used larger monitors that are 16:9 It does stretch the images on the screen but it's livable.

Any advice on alternate Dell 2007fpb and 2001fp monitors? Over the last year they appear to have double/tripled in price. My Google skills are failing because I can't even find a Arcade1Up forum to browse. The only other reference I have found is HP LP2065, but don't know if it as good or will work with the Geekworm board.

The Dell 5 min. away finally responsed when I asked if still available and then I asked size/model number and ghosted again. It's proably a 17 inch.

My move to the new house is complete and while my wife is working on kids room, etc. my priority is pinball machine and the unboxed A1Up Big Buck Hunter I got myself for my birthday. My son and I put it together and it is really fun. Resolution on stock monitor is not so good though and probably a better reason to replace than size.

#450 3 years ago

Right now my vote on poll should be not cool. I have my Big Buck Hunter up for three days and the guns work intermittantly. Resets work, but now the dog damaged the cord on one and the other gun's trigger and pump works to move through menu, but won't fire to calibrate. There is a tiny scratch on the end that doesn't feel like it is on the outside, but probably is. The guns hit the bottom of the cabinet when placed in. I can't find replacement parts or and suggestions other than reboot.

I finally ordered everything for the screen upgrade. Found a 2007fp on Mecari for barely under $100 after shipping.

#464 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

People have been modding the cabs for the gun hit problem with simply placing a pillow inside the back of cab, using those foam squares you stand on and some go all out with putting cardboard tubes set to make the guns stick out like a real one plus put Cushing in the ends. Bee Kong has other videos and tips on modding the guns also.

I realized I probably sounded like a whiny baby in this thread complaining about price of old monitors and problems. I'm going to try to be more positive. Funny thing is I knew it needed a pad, but forgot when putting together. I have material, but didn't get it in right away. I will try to splice the dog bitten gun, but have had no time because of our move. The "good" gun does fire with games, but won't fire during calibration. The kids don't care because they don't really aim anyway.

Pretty soon all materials for my 20" upgrade will be in. i wouldn't mind replacing guns because of my kids and dogs if they were available to purchase. I suppose they will be soon enough. I won't do a warranty claim becuase of my dog, but nice to know they are good with warranties. Overall seems like a good company that has come a long way in a short time.

After not being a whiny baby, I'm back in cool mode.

#469 3 years ago

The Tulsa Arcade BBH 20" monitor kit came in today. It is such a bigger hole and will make a huge difference. In my mind 3" isn't much of an upgrade, but when your talking 4:3 aspect ratio it is a big upgrade when you see it. My $98 Mercari deal fell through for DEll 2007Fp because the seller didn't realize you have to ship while Mercari holds the money in escrow. He didn't want to ship before he had the money even though I had been charged. While he was cancelling I found one on Ebay for $60. Yay.

IMG_20210402_203334092 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_203334092 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_204344707 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_204344707 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_213254532 (resized).jpgIMG_20210402_213254532 (resized).jpg
#473 3 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I’m going to try the arm mount and a 27” I have lying around. Really hate the Tulsa prices. I wish they had some competition.

It does look real nice and when you compare it to pinball prices it's really not that bad. I guess we are conditioned. In reality it's probably double what it should be, but it does have a nice piece of plexiglass and made from good materials. Tried pricing plexi and wood lately, damn?

1 week later
#475 3 years ago

I cut the shotgun cord today where the dog knicked the cord with his teeth. There are four conductors in there and reattached cleanly. The gun works again!

The second gun, turns out had a hair or something on the inside of the clear end of the gun. I took the gun apart to get it out. There were two parts I didn't know where they went right away, but figured it out. I boogered the pump action spring a little, but everything works great now. Here are pics for the record because if you Google it you won't find anything. It came apart quite nice with just a little bit of glue on the end of the barrel. The barrel tip pull off. Tip, you don't have to undo the screws in the stock to open up barrel.

IMG_20210410_160920148 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_160920148 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_154354258 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_154354258 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_153856865 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_153856865 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_153523861 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_153523861 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_152602685 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_152602685 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_152545621 (resized).jpgIMG_20210410_152545621 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#484 2 years ago

I got my 20" Dell screen in with Tulsa Arcades kit, and Geekworm board last night. The game is still on the side on my work bench though. First problem I ran into was I powered it up and the monitor didn't turn on with the game. I realized maybe I need to hit the power button on the monitor. I had to partially take the Tulsa monitor bracket off the side of the cabinet to get to the button. Then the monitor fired up.

I tried several times turning the game off and on, and from there the monitor came on with the game. I then started reading the comments in Cooltoy's YouTube video that shows the install and several people were complaining about the monitor going to sleep while playing a game. Has anyone that has done the conversion had this issue? I'm thinking I may need to drill a hole in Tulsa's nice bezel and plexi sheet to open up the Dell power button.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

My display powers up with game and haven’t had to modify for that.
I have had the sleep mode issue with screen dropping but only during the score tally. It varies by what hunt is being played. I recently followed a suggestion to ground the 1up pcb to the metal case it sits in and it is better but still get the occasional drop out but again only during certain hunts and only during the score tally.
Really odd that it doesn’t happen during any of the actual game hunts.
Still hoping for a better solution.

Interesting. I read some people had better luck turning off the dancing girls. Have no idea why that would matter. Others claimed they had to go through 3 or 4 Geekworm boards and then no problem.

I got the game off the bench after work and my kids and I played for about 45 minutes. We didn't have a problem. Hope it stays that way. My work monitor has the buttons on the bottom of bezel. I wish the 2007 had the same.

Resolution is a lot better. Screen does look bigger, but my 8 yr old (SOB, kidding) said I thought you got a bigger screen. I put the old screen next to it, and said ahh. I contribute my sons reaction to the factory look the Tulsa Arcades kit provides, which is high quality. I was worried the screen would be too close to the edge and the side of the cabinet would cause you to use the game more on middle, but it was fine.

IMG_20210428_191328312 (resized).jpgIMG_20210428_191328312 (resized).jpg

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

how do you have your monitor power hooked up? I've heard the sleep problem is only if you have it connected to HDMI. People use an HDMI to DVI adapter to solve that problem.

The Dell 2007fpb doesn't have an HDMI connection, so went with the DVI conversation cable. Maybe this won't be an issue for us. That would be a win.

2 weeks later
#494 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Well finally joining the BBH club. Picking up a slightly used one. Now gonna need to order that geekworm board. They just released a new version of it so hopefully I won't have any problems with it. Already have a few 20" monitors and a 32" TV laying around.

The Geekworm board I got from Amazon was good to go. Show us your end result when you are done.

1 month later
#540 2 years ago

I love you guys that have these in your AirBnB's. I have one booked in Colorado for August and it would be sweet if the owner was as cool as you guys and had arcades in the house.

1 month later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Only had my Buck Hunter for a week but I love it. Granted the cabs are not made as sturdy as their "commercial" counterparts were but they are meant for home use not a business oriented situation.

It is sturdy as much as it needs to be. I believe sturdier than any of my Ikea furniture. I know that is a low bar, but not being sturdy isn't someone needs to worry about.

8 months later
#835 2 years ago

Has anyone tried the T2 yet? You can order, but don't know if they are shipping yet.

3 weeks later
#870 2 years ago

I just ordered the T2 from Walmart for $550 down from $700 which was the price a few weeks ago. It's a hundy more than BBH from a year ago. Only one will stay, so we'll see when it comes in.

#893 2 years ago

I just got the T2 today, and the kids are having a blast. Walmart shipped for $550. This is a unique Arcade1Up for me because this one hits on my nastalgia more than the 80's arcades.

The game is very basic and graphics are not that great. However, the kids didn't care and it looks like how I remember.

I won't be doing a screen upgrade on this one after doing so with my BBH. I'm not sure if the upgrade was really worth it considering the cost of the Tulsa Arcades bezel kit, but it was more appropriate for BBH because of the single shot. With T2 you are spraying bullets and missiles, so going slight bigger isn't that big a deal. Not sure if a better resolution screen would really help anyway.

We were so excited we didn't spend time putting together the riser and just put in front of the couch for now.

IMG_20220419_205054638 (resized).jpgIMG_20220419_205054638 (resized).jpg

#898 2 years ago

Well, the T2 is a lot of fun, but I'm realizing a problem. You can beat the whole game in no time at all. Then it's the same game again. I forgot how short the game was. Online the one complaint of early reviewers was this cab only has one game. Well, probably wish I would have shared the concern before buying. People hope Arcade1Up will add other shooter games to the cab, but I don't have hopes for that.

Now, my son and I will just have to go for high scores. When we were putting it together I mentioned it had wifi the first thing he said cool, does it have a leaderboard? The kiddos love the leaderboards.

#901 2 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, I think the beat'em ups (simpsons,TNMT, etc.) and games like T2 are great for guests and for atmosphere but they don't have very good replay-ability. That's where a shooting game like Big Buck Hunter has the edge but I have no nostalgia for that one and I can't get past the small screen.
Maybe some house rules limiting credits might stretch the longevity -- but you have to get really good to beat the game then as these games were designed, sometimes unfairly to suck quarter out of people.

Yeah, I was joking it had to be a great coin taker to get to the end. Totally designed to eat those quarters. We were constantly hitting continue. Now, we'll try to get more points and cool to have when others come over.

3 weeks later
#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Too bad they didn't include Zombie Raid. It originally ran on the same hardware and some people converted them to T2. Zombie Raid is a long game and freaking hard! I feel like my arm is going to fall off after about 20 minutes of pumping the shotgun.

That would be great. The Arcade1Up community hopes with wifi they'll offer more games. I hope so too.

3 months later
#1058 1 year ago

I'm still waiting on a T2 update that adds a game or two. I know I'm being overly hopeful

2 weeks later
#1090 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Looks like brand new NFL Blitz still has the riser. I wonder if they do it so (short) people with big collections and no risers will have a nice consistent line of games? Or maybe they just like charging an extra $60 for a couple of pieces of MDF.

I'm guessing it's for shipping purposes and fitting in that same size box.

3 weeks later
#1102 1 year ago

I'm thinking of putting my T2 up for trade for an Outrun. Good idea? T2 replayability isn't great and I have a modded BBH, maybe a driving game is better. I really love the look of the T2 though.

#1104 1 year ago

The only thing holding me back right now is I have two young nephews that would love to blast away coming for Thanksgiving. Then I'm going to try a trade. Had hoped the would release another game for T2.

4 weeks later
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Very good deal for the Racer

How is Ridge Racer? After Thanksgiving I was going to throw out my T2 for a racing game trade. If I get this I can sell my T2 cheaper than expected and it would be like a trade.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

How is Ridge Racer? After Thanksgiving I was going to throw out my T2 for a racing game trade. If I get this I can sell my T2 cheaper than expected and it would be like a trade.

Well, like a fart in the wind Ridge Racer for $299 is gone. Now $408 on Amazon.

Edit: I just bought it for $299 from Bestbuy going to pick it up now. Walmart is sold out.

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just left Best Buy with a $299 Ridge Racer. Do you guys upgrade the controllers on this game like people do on other games?[quoted image]

Cool, I was going to pick mine up, but it was going to be out of the way and I realized I could save $12 getting it shipped to me on Wednesday. Online delivery purchases only apply state sales tax, if I pick it up at the score I'm subject to local sales tax as well.

#1156 1 year ago

Back to $299 on Amazon, WTF. I would have much rather gotten mine thru smiley face for my 5 percent savings.

#1161 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I just built mine the other night and only played a few games, but I liked it. $299 is a great deal. I think I got mine for 4-something and still think it's worth it. The wheel is too sensitive after doing a calibration, I wonder (and assume) if there's a way to make it less sensitive. Works well in long curves but your car is jerky when making smaller steering adjustments. Cabinet was a little wobbly though, the wheel might improve after I secure the cabinet better.

I was thinking of putting mine up NIB for $500 since I recently bought a new Golden Tee PGA pedestal. But I doubt you or anyone is driving 400 miles for a 1UP.

Thanks for the feedback.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Now is the time. The promo code holiday22a1upfriend25 works for 25% in the Arcade1up store right now, with free shipping on orders of 599 before discounts.
For $240 you can get:
Ridge Racer
Simpsons
T2

Damn, always better deals flying after I buy. Go figure.

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

My big issue is height, I find these a bit short so I have bought some boosters for them which makes them much better.

We are a short family so with the provided riser they are perfect for us.

#1168 1 year ago

I'm putting together my Ridge Runner and this is a first.

IMG_20221123_202457971 (resized).jpgIMG_20221123_202457971 (resized).jpg

A huge empty box. It was a good idea to fill space because the box is long enough for the side panels, but it left a lot of open space. Much appreciate this over styrofoam. Also, smart to mark it empty.

#1175 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Pretty sure that was just a trolling video someone made to be funny. I saw that video and when Daytona was being "played", you could easily tell that it was some photoshop.

Gotta admit I did the 13 thing and then felt really dumb.

1 week later
#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any thoughts on T2? It’s on sale for $299.99. If not T2, what’s best multiplayer shooter?

The two games with low replayability are the only two still hanging on to 299 price point. It's pissing me off with T2 because that's what I was going to list it for, but I have to wait for the sale to be gone and I need my game gone

#1207 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Why are people buying the Arcade1Up stuff with their locked in short list of games per model? Why not get the Atgames legends ultimate which allows you to port your own games into it? Maybe better yet, get their Vpin model and the add-on arcade controls and have an inexpensive readymade pin/arcade mame you can port as many virtual pinball and arcade games to as you like?
https://www.samsclub.com/p/legends-home-arcade-special-edition/prod23603404
https://www.samsclub.com/s/Pinball

I only have the 1ups that have unique features, like shot guns for BBH, Uzis for T2, and racing wheel for RR.

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What’s the consensus on the A1up riser? I ordered one with my DL, but curious If that was a good move or not. Guess I’ll know more when it arrives, but just curious on thoughts.

In my experience they come with them and are needed. Some people here have made or bought aftermarket for additional rise. We are short, so we are good with the stock riser that comes with these games.

1 week later
#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Got my Ridge Racer built and promptly hidden away for Christmas (no way am I building this at 1am on Christmas Eve!). The newer cabinets do have a nicer finish than the earlier cabinets. The steering wheel has a good quality feel to it but the pedals feel cheap. I wanted to see if the game could be set up as a sit-down without the riser and was happy to discover that yes, the pedals are not integral to the riser. I will fashion something to help secure the pedal box to the cabinet but it'll do for now. Hope the kiddos like it.
[quoted image]

They will like it. Mine got played more the first couple days than 8 months or so I had T2. It is a brutal game with Ace Driver being everyone's favorite because it's easier to finish a race.

#1248 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Probably because nobody belongs to Sam's Club.

I bought my BBH from Sam's. It was better than other versions out there at the same time

1 month later
#1291 1 year ago

Took me a long time to sell my T2. Amazon kept having it at $300 at the time, which messed with me a lot. Now, it's back to $550. Oof.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanStl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added?tu=RyanStl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.