20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 3 years ago

Any new info on the new big buck hunter coming out? Screen size going to be any bigger.

#253 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Thought I heard October for bbh. I doubt the screen is bigger, but the light gun tech is supposed to be pretty awesome.

What size screens did the original games have? Can’t imagine it being smaller than that.

#259 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually all Arcade1up games use 17" monitors not 19" Also you can't use an Arcade1up PCB with just any monitor in cludding all the Dell 20" people us. We only use them when modding to PI, Jamma or PC. Even the 17" monitors used in different generation games are not switchable.

Don’t you think a 17” screen for Big Buck is going to be awfully small when standing a few feet away?

#261 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Yup, way to small. Even if by some odd chance it is a 19” will still be too small. I’m hopping Berry Berry Sneaky finally makes a converter to allow other monitors to work with the PCB.

When I first saw the pic of the BBH I though it looked taller and then was thinking if they are going taller it must be a little wider for stability. Got me thinking a 22-24” monitor would be nice.
You would have to hold the rifles a couple inches from screen for 17” to work ok due to the small screen.

The critter shoot from a few feet away will be ridiculous.

#272 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

The real deal BBH is supposed to arrive here Thursday. I went with Reloaded mini offline, and I have never even seen or played one, but the way some of my friends lit up, the same as when I mentioned Golden Tee and it gets played all the time, had to give it a try.
(and I went this way in part because my girlfriend does not think she could shoot at a pretty deer, but this has zombies and other stuff to shoot at also, and the fact if you get a cheaper one and have to pay 40.00 a month, that just adds up for something you do not own).
And I am a tad blind, so I hope I can actually even be able to enjoy it.

Isn’t the BBH mini pro reloaded or whatever it’s called like 5-6k?

#274 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's the online one. I think offline is more. But it looks freaking sweet

So we are comparing a $500 game to a game that is 6k or more?

#282 3 years ago

I read the BBh specs and it says 17 inch screen. That does seem small. I'll have to see what others says about it

Geez, that’s kind of a bummer. I was hoping it would be slightly bigger.

I was playing my golden tee the other day trying to imagine what it would be like hunting and shooting the smaller critters on the 17” screen. My thoughts were when playing golden tee, the smaller objects are harder too see and your right on top of the game.
Holding a gun from a few feet back might be tough.

#284 3 years ago

How do you like the 1up golden tee? It has 4 games on it but they are older games. How many courses?

4 games and 4 courses per game so 16 total. I like the game a lot, track ball feels good and accurate too.

Star Wars plays great too!

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Either you are mistaken or I was robbed of one course per game, mine only has three per.

I was mistaken...lol!

It is 3 courses per game or 12 total, my bad.

Still a great game though!

#295 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lots of great old games that could be done. I just think that they need to put at least three or four good games per cabinet to really make them worth the money. Golden Tee and a Silver Strike combo would definitely be a big seller i believe. I still love my BurgerTime cabinet and i had totally forgot just how much fun Karate Champ was.

I’d love to see a track and field/hyper sports.

#298 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They have track and field already. Just not on a cab yet. So it’s going to come. I believe it’s hidden in one of the gen 1 pcbs. You have to solder a USB plug on and connect a keyboard. Then go into setup to chose it.

Didn’t know that, I only have Star Wars and golden tee so probably won’t work but hope it’s in the pipeline for sure. Such a fun game.

#299 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Theres another gem that i totally forgot about. We used to pound on them buttons like crazy on that game, so much fun. The NBA Jam game looks sweet also from 1up

Those buttons take a beating so they would need to build a robust control console, probably the biggest challenge since people literally pound on it. Lol

#307 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I figured, lol, and you are right, a lot of fun for the money.
Got mine at Walmart, they honored their lower website price of $299 at the store, where it was still marked $399.

I got mine for $199 plus tax on clearance from Marshall’s/HomeGoods in January.

If you have them near you check periodically as they blow them out.

4 months later
#329 3 years ago

Anyone play the new big buck world or pro yet?

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

We bought the Big Buck Hunter Pro last weekend for our grandson. It’s actually pretty fun, I am curious how the guns will hold up to the constant pump/reloading.

Any thoughts on screen size?

1 month later
#349 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

We bought the Big Buck Hunter Pro last weekend for our grandson. It’s actually pretty fun, I am curious how the guns will hold up to the constant pump/reloading.

Still enjoying this?

I’m thinking about buying one and doing the 20” screen upgrade. Looks like a significant improvement in size and resolution.

1 week later
#353 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Has anyone tried the Big Buck Hunter version? Seems like the screen might be too small, but who knows?

I have one on the way and bought the 20” screen upgrade kit.

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get the 20” upgrade kit?

Tulsa arcades has the mount and new bezel with graphics. Need a dell 2007fp can get used pretty cheap and proper 4:3 format 1600x1200 resolution . Need the geek worm adapter as well.

Check out this video, has all the parts and info

#358 3 years ago

Forgot to mention, the world edition is currently on sale at walmart.com for $449 and free shipping.

Seems like a good deal if your planning on sinking a couple bucks to upgrade monitor.

I can’t fit the full size cab down my stairs so it’s my only option.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Saw this one on FB. 24" monitor upgrade. OG cabs are 25" Looks really nice.
[quoted image]

Yeah I think this big buck from arcade 1 up is pretty cool being you get the 4 games and if you willing to upgrade monitor there really are no limitations.
There is a video on you tube where it’s hooked up to a really big screen and looked great, I kind of like the look of going is big as you can within the cabinet and 20-22” is about the max.

Just going up to the 20” is substantially bigger and with the recommended distance for the senden light guns seems good.

Hopefully doing my swap later this week if all the parts come. I waiting to build the BBH until everything comes.

Your correct..big buck is good but not at 5k+

Edit - there is a riser extension someone is making and adds 4-6” I think and I believe is around $20. I will likely get this too as I think it should be close to eye level.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

If you find that riser you mentioned that’s $20 could you post a link to it as I’d definitely be interested. The 20 inch screen looks nice as well I need to look at that a bit closer. Hope it goes well for you.

ebay.com link: Arcade1up Riser Arcade Machine 4 Extender Extension Arcade 1up

It’s on Amazon and Etsy as well and shipping and price vary depending on site.

There is a big buck mod video on YouTube where you can see it installed on the game.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the BBH AIUP from Wal-Mart sight unseen, but man hard to find a 17" screen being doable and I don't want to spend money to mod it up to the 20". Do you just stand closer. Also, we are about to move and I would just have shipped to current house only to have movers bring to new house. Do these A1UP's stick around in stock. I tried to get an Aracade Legends around Christmas and they were never available.

Well, some do have a tendency to disappear at the good prices. Golden Tee is a good example.

Look at it this way, your getting 4 games with it for $449 so even if you pay a few bucks to increase screen size it’s still a good deal.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You all are good sales men. I'm putting my order in now. Bad influences you all are.

Lol..

I’ll post photos of mine with larger monitor once I have all the parts.

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

got my Big Buck world yesterday .. works great with the small screen .. i'm looking for an in stock convertor card though to upgrade monitor
needs more height and i have it on a dolly another 4" up. im 6'

You need the geekworm board to upsize monitor and make it hdmi compatible, order on amazon and you’ll have within a week.

https://www.amazon.com/Geekworm-Converter-Supports-Multiple-Resolutions/dp/B08JTNQJKT

Here is the 4” riser add on I bought as well.
ebay.com link: Arcade1up Riser Arcade Machine 4 Extender Extension Arcade 1up

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

thanks .. amazon was sold out , but stock expected by next week .. got my order in

It said the same when I ordered mine and showed up 5 days early.

#380 3 years ago

So here is what the BBH looks like with larger monitor and the 4” riser extension installed.

B341E723-785C-4F84-9F5B-6F7C9BFFD8D1 (resized).jpegB341E723-785C-4F84-9F5B-6F7C9BFFD8D1 (resized).jpeg
#385 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Where did you source the 4:3 20" Dell? I was looking on Dell website and don't see any 4:3 ratio monitors. Amazon has a Sceptre brand I've never heard of for $80. My search mainly takes me to Ebay. They are more than I expected.

Got mine on a Amazon for $130, could have done ebay for $98 but returns via Amazon are easier.

Look for a dell 2007fpb, picture quality is fantastic as it’s a high resolution monitor as well.

I’m really happy with how it all turned out.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:I have had a lot of issues with the picture going in and out with HDTVs and the BBH game with the geekworm board. Seems fine during the hunts but the other screens not so much.

I initially had this happen but found my dvi adapter was loose, tightned the two posts as much as I could and no problem since.

Top left corner of screen would flash the dvi symbol indicating loss of video.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have 3 different HDTV's (none are 4k) and i can't get it to reliably work with any of them. Only appears on one of them. I might try another order or return this one.

I think there is a video format switch on the board somewhere. Make sure it is on correct setting.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix their Arcade1Ups with their real coin-op pins and arcade games? I like the size of these things, because I can cram more in the game room, but man, they looks like cheap knock-off toys next to my pins and arcade games, especially when I sit them next to the real things. Part of me is considering selling them and going with a less-is-more approach to my game room with just actual coin-op machines and maybe a MAME cab.
Then again, maybe it's the size that makes them looks like toys. I dunno. Would love to figure out a way for them to all live together without the 1Ups sticking out like a sore thumb.

They look fine mixed in with pins scattered around my game room and my guests love playing them.
Have to decide, smaller dedicated machines and variety or full size clunky arcades that are a bitch to move around and take up valuable pinball real estate.

#403 3 years ago

I’ve heard Track and Field is coming from 1Up, will be interesting to see if they got Hyper Sports and 88 games included as well since they are all Konami.

I’ve heard rumors of Pole Position as well.

Both are must haves!

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They already have track and field hidden on a game. There problem is if there is enough demand to make it. Also heard Pole Position is I’m the works. Would love to see that TnF in a cocktail cab.

I never could get into the cocktail version of TNF, just seem to be able to hammer the buttons better standing up.

I’m thinking if they got the Konami licensing it will be all 3/4 of the games in one dedicated cab and I have no doubt there is demand for it. Original TNF’s go for pretty high these days.

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I just ordered the Geekworm board, it's back on Amazon for $39. Now the search for reasonably cheap monitor continues. I'm leaning toward an easier to find, newer widescreen monitor and use a monitor bracket to extend it out, if needed. I'm not excited about a monitor from 2007 priced like new and a over $100 bezel kit. I'm all over the place, so I may do whatever.

Let me know if you find a new monitor that works. Would be good to have a plan b should the dell stop working.
Some of the videos showing larger monitors are nice but images appear stretched since it’s likely not proper format.

I have to say the Tulsa arcades bezel gives it a nice finished oem look so it’s worth the cost in my opinion.

1 week later
#453 3 years ago

Arcade 1up has been great with replacing things when needed, just need to email them or open a service ticket.

Replaced my trackball deck on golden tee for free and out of warranty.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Cannot argue a full size cab isn’t more of a hassle. Although, we collect 300lb pins. Soooo

The reason I like these is my staircase with 180 degree turn around on landing. Just can’t fit most full size arcades and especially not golden tee and original big bucks due to extra wide measurement at control deck area.

I can fit pins due to them being narrow and not as long/tall when folded.

These have a niche and it gets the job done for me.

Now if they can make a pole position, track and field and paper boy I’d be happy!

4 weeks later
#485 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I got my 20" Dell screen in with Tulsa Arcades kit, and Geekworm board last night. The game is still on the side on my work bench though. First problem I ran into was I powered it up and the monitor didn't turn on with the game. I realized maybe I need to hit the power button on the monitor. I had to partially take the Tulsa monitor bracket off the side of the cabinet to get to the button. Then the monitor fired up.
I tried several times turning the game off and on, and from there the monitor came on with the game. I then started reading the comments in Cooltoy's YouTube video that shows the install and several people were complaining about the monitor going to sleep while playing a game. Has anyone that has done the conversion had this issue? I'm thinking I may need to drill a hole in Tulsa's nice bezel and plexi sheet to open up the Dell power button.

My display powers up with game and haven’t had to modify for that.

I have had the sleep mode issue with screen dropping but only during the score tally. It varies by what hunt is being played. I recently followed a suggestion to ground the 1up pcb to the metal case it sits in and it is better but still get the occasional drop out but again only during certain hunts and only during the score tally.

Really odd that it doesn’t happen during any of the actual game hunts.

Still hoping for a better solution.

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Interesting. I read some people had better luck turning off the dancing girls. Have no idea why that would matter. Others claimed they had to go through 3 or 4 Geekworm boards and then no problem.
I got the game off the bench after work and my kids and I played for about 45 minutes. We didn't have a problem. Hope it stays that way. My work monitor has the buttons on the bottom of bezel. I wish the 2007 had the same.
Resolution is a lot better. Screen does look bigger, but my 8 yr old (SOB, kidding) said I thought you got a bigger screen. I put the old screen next to it, and said ahh. I contribute my sons reaction to the factory look the Tulsa Arcades kit provides, which is high quality. I was worried the screen would be too close to the edge and the side of the cabinet would cause you to use the game more on middle, but it was fine.
[quoted image]

I think the key to success with this mod is the hdmi to dvi cable. I started with the standard hdmi cable connected to a plug in dvi adapter and game would play fine until score tall screen with the girls and it would cycle on off until next hunt.
Ever since installing cable, no issues. Must be a slight signal drop with the adapter connection.

All good now!

1 month later
#537 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:If someone is putting these in an arcade, that is insane, as I can only imagine that they will be destroyed pretty quickly. Yes, these machines are nowhere near the quality of an actual arcade machine that is created to take a beating and be left on the majority of every day. However, for a home environment, these are perfect. While I've only ever done one virtual pin, I've created more multicades for people than I can remember, several of which were even converted from the original A1Up SFII cabs when they were going for 99-150, yet I still think a dedicated system is awesome for someone who enjoys a particular game with its art package. For example, my favorite games are Dragon's Lair and Track & Field, and while I enjoy them on my own multicade, these two cabs will be an insta-buy when they're released by A1Up (hoping T&F). And for people with rental homes/units, these are just golden due to their small footprint, added amenity on your rental, ease of replacement, and most importantly, their ability to keep people happy on a rainy day.

Track and Field is rumored to be out by end of Sept.

1 month later
#567 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There is nothing really wrong with the Buck Hunter. Game play is really good. Guns work well. Yeah they are not the quality of a real game but not the price either.

I agree and a much smaller footprint. Serves its purpose for me, I’d rather have the dedicated space for pins and fill in the spaces left with smaller modern arcades to satisfy the arcade craving.

4 months later
#643 2 years ago

Anyone come across any golden tee’s in stock anywhere?

Looking to buy one as a gift for someone.

11 months later
#1173 1 year ago

Maybe someone else has seen this but is there a mod to get NASCAR arcade or Daytona on the outrun arcade 1up?

Could have sworn I’ve seen this recently.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yep. Mod is coming soon.
I think they said it works with Ridge Racer and Outrun.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/buystuffarcades/permalink/814160549844852/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Their modular plug and play racing kits look pretty nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Psw757.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added?tu=Psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.