20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix their Arcade1Ups with their real coin-op pins and arcade games? I like the size of these things, because I can cram more in the game room, but man, they looks like cheap knock-off toys next to my pins and arcade games, especially when I sit them next to the real things. Part of me is considering selling them and going with a less-is-more approach to my game room with just actual coin-op machines and maybe a MAME cab.
Then again, maybe it's the size that makes them looks like toys. I dunno. Would love to figure out a way for them to all live together without the 1Ups sticking out like a sore thumb.

I did a full size mame and then just BBh for my one up. I wanted a shooter and to get one with so many buck hunters was like 3 grand. This little guy people have fun with and it shoots well

#402 3 years ago

I have a full sized MAME, but there are a few 1ups that would be automatic buys for me. NFL BLITZ (won't happen, EA owns NFL franchise rights), area 51 (a possibility), guantlet legends, Sanfrancisco Rush.

Fingers crossed!

Totally worth a bit of fun.

#403 3 years ago

I’ve heard Track and Field is coming from 1Up, will be interesting to see if they got Hyper Sports and 88 games included as well since they are all Konami.

I’ve heard rumors of Pole Position as well.

Both are must haves!

#404 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix their Arcade1Ups with their real coin-op pins and arcade games? I like the size of these things, because I can cram more in the game room, but man, they looks like cheap knock-off toys next to my pins and arcade games, especially when I sit them next to the real things. Part of me is considering selling them and going with a less-is-more approach to my game room with just actual coin-op machines and maybe a MAME cab.
Then again, maybe it's the size that makes them looks like toys. I dunno. Would love to figure out a way for them to all live together without the 1Ups sticking out like a sore thumb.

I kept mine along one wall that I couldn’t put a pin in. I had two full size vids there but can fit three 1ups in same place. Sold the full size cabs in favor of 1ups. Trick is not to set them right beside a pin. The head of a pin towers over them. I do have lighted marquees on them also so makes them look better. Have no problem with the quality of them. Sure the joysticks and buttons are Junk. Easy fix. The rest of the game is great. Also prefer an LCD over CRT monitor now. One less game hogging up electric in my room. I build and sell modded ones so at the moment that wall area is used for games I’m selling. Have to clean up my so called workroom to move the sales games out there.

#405 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve heard Track and Field is coming from 1Up, will be interesting to see if they got Hyper Sports and 88 games included as well since they are all Konami.
Both are must haves!

Track and Field and Hyper Sports are so fun to play! Used to gravitate towards them and Karate Champ back in the day.

#406 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Both are must haves!

They already have track and field hidden on a game. There problem is if there is enough demand to make it. Also heard Pole Position is I’m the works. Would love to see that TnF in a cocktail cab.

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

They already have track and field hidden on a game. There problem is if there is enough demand to make it. Also heard Pole Position is I’m the works. Would love to see that TnF in a cocktail cab.

I never could get into the cocktail version of TNF, just seem to be able to hammer the buttons better standing up.

I’m thinking if they got the Konami licensing it will be all 3/4 of the games in one dedicated cab and I have no doubt there is demand for it. Original TNF’s go for pretty high these days.

#409 3 years ago

Can these arcade 1ups be MAME'd, and could the Big Buck Hunter one be modded to play other light gun games?

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

Can these arcade 1ups be MAME'd, and could the Big Buck Hunter one be modded to play other light gun games?

Yes, there is a popular video on Youtube of how to install a Pi into a Street Fighter cabinet.

#411 3 years ago

#412 3 years ago
Quoted from GTO:

It's easy and fairly inexpensive (around 200 in parts) . My son loves his. We put in happ competition controls. Two 3" speakers for stereo sound and a pi 4. It will emulate up to dreamcast easily.

20210226_074612 (resized).jpg20210226_074612 (resized).jpg20210226_104646 (resized).jpg20210226_104646 (resized).jpg20210227_211318 (resized).jpg20210227_211318 (resized).jpg
#413 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My buddy owns the full size BBH Pro and another buddy just bought the A1up version. Lets put it this way. Spending the extra cash on a real one is ridiculous. You get 4 games on the 1up, a lot lighter to move and you can put a nice size monitor in and still cost less then the OG game. The only other thing I would suggest is making a taller riser for it. I want one but have too many expenses going on right now.

Agreed to disagree here. The OG BBH is heavier because it's and actual arcade cabinet with a real monitor. The guns are much different. The arcade 1up is much cheaper but also has no resale value compared to a dedicated cabinet.

For those asking about modding to use light gun games you would most likely lose your BBH games to add additional mame light gun games. BBH had not been dumped into mame because it is still widely used. Just like golden tee after complete.

The best bet would be to add a sinden light gun to a modded 1up cabinet that is not BBH.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from Timfenske11:

Agreed to disagree here. The OG BBH is heavier because it's and actual arcade cabinet with a real monitor. The guns are much different. The arcade 1up is much cheaper but also has no resale value compared to a dedicated cabinet.
For those asking about modding to use light gun games you would most likely lose your BBH games to add additional mame light gun games. BBH had not been dumped into mame because it is still widely used. Just like golden tee after complete.
The best bet would be to add a sinden light gun to a modded 1up cabinet that is not BBH.

Sure, no resale value, lol. It just matters what you pay. People do buy 1ups and they do resale plus you get all the bbh. How much is a full size with all the bbh’s? 3k plus Right now. Buy it and let me know how much you can resale it in the next couple years vs your 1 up

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Sure, no resale value, lol. It just matters what you pay. People do buy 1ups and they do resale plus you get all the bbh. How much is a full size with all the bbh’s? 3k plus Right now. Buy it and let me know how much you can resale it in the next couple years vs your 1 up

Just look at the gen 1 Pac Man. Was $199. To $249 with riser. It’s a lucky day when I find one under that price used for sale. I buy every single one I can get. Usually they are sold in minutes. Star Wars was at Walmart for $349 for a year. Been looking for one for over a year now and can’t find one for that cheap again. Already saw several of the new BBH with monitor upgrade sell for $900. I’m actually thinking of doing this since I have 5 20” monitors on hand. Being 4:3 ratio you wouldn’t believe the difference between the 20” and stock 17”.

#416 3 years ago

Sell me a monitor for cheap then please.

#417 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sell me a monitor for cheap then please.

You just gotta watch Facebook marketplace. Search for Dell monitor, 20” monitor, and just monitor. I bought my last 2 as a pair for $50. Seller didn’t have size listed but saw they were Dells. I asked and they replied they were 2001fpb. Not as nice as the 2007 model but still good. Also HP and others make a 4:3 monitor. So it doesn’t have to be Dell. They are just the most popular. I’ve found one at goodwill and another at Salvation Army store. Both were less then $20.

#418 3 years ago

Finally got around to converting my Arcade1up PartyCade into a 60 in 1. The party cade was made to be a large countertop game with 17" monitor. Could also be mounted to a wall or hung on a door. Cam out pretty nice. But like all my other games it's up for sale. LOL
With that out of the way already started building a true 3/4 scale Robotron. Gonna have to put that on hold for to get the gameroom ready for my daughters 16th birthday this weekend.
To see other games I've built take a look at my facebook web page. No, you don't need to have a facebook account to view.
www.facebook.com/ArcadeMojo

PC00 (resized).jpgPC00 (resized).jpgPC03 (resized).jpgPC03 (resized).jpgPC04 (resized).jpgPC04 (resized).jpg
#419 3 years ago

I just placed an order for a Mega Cade, but I must say when I called the guy to ask him a few questions, he was honestly not very pleasant. He better stand behind his product.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You just gotta watch Facebook marketplace. Search for Dell monitor, 20” monitor, and just monitor. I bought my last 2 as a pair for $50. Seller didn’t have size listed but saw they were Dells. I asked and they replied they were 2001fpb. Not as nice as the 2007 model but still good. Also HP and others make a 4:3 monitor. So it doesn’t have to be Dell. They are just the most popular. I’ve found one at goodwill and another at Salvation Army store. Both were less then $20.

Good to know. I thought there was some kind of magic with the Dell 2007 that made it scarce now. This is a dumb question, but you mention 2001fpb vs 2007 are those the year they were made?

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Good to know. I thought there was some kind of magic with the Dell 2007 that made it scarce now. This is a dumb question, but you mention 2001fpb vs 2007 are those the year they were made?

Model numbers. But also the year they came out I believe.

#422 3 years ago

I just ordered the Geekworm board, it's back on Amazon for $39. Now the search for reasonably cheap monitor continues. I'm leaning toward an easier to find, newer widescreen monitor and use a monitor bracket to extend it out, if needed. I'm not excited about a monitor from 2007 priced like new and a over $100 bezel kit. I'm all over the place, so I may do whatever.

#423 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I just ordered the Geekworm board, it's back on Amazon for $39. Now the search for reasonably cheap monitor continues. I'm leaning toward an easier to find, newer widescreen monitor and use a monitor bracket to extend it out, if needed. I'm not excited about a monitor from 2007 priced like new and a over $100 bezel kit. I'm all over the place, so I may do whatever.

Do you have a link?

#425 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Let me know if you find a new monitor that works. Would be good to have a plan b should the dell stop working.
Some of the videos showing larger monitors are nice but images appear stretched since it’s likely not proper format.

I have to say the Tulsa arcades bezel gives it a nice finished oem look so it’s worth the cost in my opinion.

#426 3 years ago

I’m interested also in a good monitor. Does the board come with all the cables needed?

#427 3 years ago

I think I found a 2001fp 5 minutes from me on FB MP based on the one front picture for $20, but I'm being ghosted. I don't get sellers that don't want to sell.

#428 3 years ago

I think the little cabinets are pretty dorky unless it’s for a small child but they made a stool that matches by baby pacman perfectly.

376C0A19-78A0-4674-8C41-CC129FD84F6C (resized).jpeg376C0A19-78A0-4674-8C41-CC129FD84F6C (resized).jpeg
#429 3 years ago

Recent lack of availability has made them less cool IMO. Cabinets on the used market for more than new. Sorry, not playing that game.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I think I found a 2001fp 5 minutes from me on FB MP based on the one front picture for $20, but I'm being ghosted. I don't get sellers that don't want to sell.

I'm having the same problem. Found a 2001fp listed as a 19" for $20. It's been listed for 8 weeks LOL. I passed over it a few times because it's 40 minutes away and I can find 19" monitors closer. Two days ago I looked close at the pictures and it is the 2001fp. Messaged if it was still available and said I want to purchase. Sellers response was one word "OK" Messaged again asking when I could pick up and seller hasn't replied. Been two days.

#431 3 years ago

When looking for a monitor that works what do I need to make sure of? 4/3 aspect ratio?

#432 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

When looking for a monitor that works what do I need to make sure of? 4/3 aspect ratio?

If for a Big Buck Hunter it's personal choice. 20" is the biggest 4:3 commercially made. Many have used larger monitors that are 16:9 It does stretch the images on the screen but it's livable.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

If for a Big Buck Hunter it's personal choice. 20" is the biggest 4:3 commercially made. Many have used larger monitors that are 16:9 It does stretch the images on the screen but it's livable.

Ok, thanks!

#434 3 years ago

heads up - Star Wars available for order with delivery by April 1 on Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-star-wars-digital-pinball/6441996.p?cmp=RMX&skuId=6441996

Good luck!

#435 3 years ago

At Ollie's on sale tomorrow the 24th

20210323_195045 (resized).jpg20210323_195045 (resized).jpg
#436 3 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

[quoted image]

It was on sale today in my area. Holly cow!! was like Black Friday. Sold two skids full of them in 15 minutes. I grabbed 2 Centipede cabs. By the time I put the second one in my cart they were all gone. My buddy was going to a different store for one but asked if I wanted any. I told him to grab me a couple if he could He bought me 3!!! This was all going on in the same 15 minutes so no way to call each other. He dropped them off plus the one he wants me to mod.
I spent way too much money today LOL. Now have two more coming in from other people that bought them today and paying me to mod them. This will keep my supplied for modding games for a couple of months. I'm never gonna get any pinball work done this way.

164981356_4148051105225488_7388221532621671757_n (resized).jpg164981356_4148051105225488_7388221532621671757_n (resized).jpg
#437 3 years ago

7833868C-C39D-42DE-91FD-39C5411DFB4A (resized).jpeg7833868C-C39D-42DE-91FD-39C5411DFB4A (resized).jpeg

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

and paying me to mod

What exactly does that entail?

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

What exactly does that entail?

I remove all the Arcade1up stuff and install new Jamma wire harness, Jamma I-cade 60 in 1 PCB, new power supply, re wire the control panel and add arcade 4 way joystick and buttons. Then replace stock monitor with Dell 17" monitor when I have them or install a Monitor converter board. And add an External volume pot, wire in the stock on/off switch to kill all power and install a fused modular plug on the back. For the 2 Centipede cabs I'm modding I also have to build new control panels since the Centipede is a weird layout.
Also make lighter marquees, and risers. Some people want both a trackball and joystick so do that too.

#440 3 years ago

Anyone get one of these? Stand up Arcade1up - Outrun Cabinet Arcade

Thoughts on getting for children?

37E4487C-5ADA-48FC-A50B-3DEB0D26337C (resized).jpeg37E4487C-5ADA-48FC-A50B-3DEB0D26337C (resized).jpeg
#441 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Any advice on alternate Dell 2007fpb and 2001fp monitors? Over the last year they appear to have double/tripled in price. My Google skills are failing because I can't even find a Arcade1Up forum to browse. The only other reference I have found is HP LP2065, but don't know if it as good or will work with the Geekworm board.

The Dell 5 min. away finally responsed when I asked if still available and then I asked size/model number and ghosted again. It's proably a 17 inch.

My move to the new house is complete and while my wife is working on kids room, etc. my priority is pinball machine and the unboxed A1Up Big Buck Hunter I got myself for my birthday. My son and I put it together and it is really fun. Resolution on stock monitor is not so good though and probably a better reason to replace than size.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

[quoted image]

The Ollies by me didn't even know what I was talking about.

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

The Ollies by me didn't even know what I was talking about

Did you show them the ad ?

#444 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I remove all the Arcade1up stuff and install new Jamma wire harness, Jamma I-cade 60 in 1 PCB, new power supply, re wire the control panel and add arcade 4 way joystick and buttons. Then replace stock monitor with Dell 17" monitor when I have them or install a Monitor converter board. And add an External volume pot, wire in the stock on/off switch to kill all power and install a fused modular plug on the back. For the 2 Centipede cabs I'm modding I also have to build new control panels since the Centipede is a weird layout.
Also make lighter marquees, and risers. Some people want both a trackball and joystick so do that too.

Do this instead.

Keep the monitor and use a convertor

A pi 4 will emulate up to dreamcast.

Happ joysticks and buttons

3" speakers with stereo amp

This video will help get you started

20210226_104646 (resized).jpg20210226_104646 (resized).jpg20210227_211322 (resized).jpg20210227_211322 (resized).jpg
#445 3 years ago
#446 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Any advice on alternate Dell 2007fpb and 2001fp monitors? Over the last year they appear to have double/tripled in price. My Google skills are failing because I can't even find a Arcade1Up forum to browse. The only other reference I have found is HP LP2065, but don't know if it as good or will work with the Geekworm board.
The Dell 5 min. away finally responsed when I asked if still available and then I asked size/model number and ghosted again. It's proably a 17 inch.
My move to the new house is complete and while my wife is working on kids room, etc. my priority is pinball machine and the unboxed A1Up Big Buck Hunter I got myself for my birthday. My son and I put it together and it is really fun. Resolution on stock monitor is not so good though and probably a better reason to replace than size.

The Hp 20" 4:3 monitors are good. Not sure if any of them work with the Geekworm.

#447 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Anyone get one of these? Stand up Arcade1up - Outrun Cabinet Arcade
Thoughts on getting for children?
[quoted image]

They are coming out next month I heard.

#448 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

They are coming out next month I heard.

Either OVC or HSN have or had them. Might be sold out from them.

#449 3 years ago

I converted one to retro pie, so much more fun and so easy to do

244DF891-FCB4-442C-847B-64D59A4896A5 (resized).jpeg244DF891-FCB4-442C-847B-64D59A4896A5 (resized).jpeg925A8F33-2591-41CA-9D8D-6E2AA12B8C14 (resized).jpeg925A8F33-2591-41CA-9D8D-6E2AA12B8C14 (resized).jpeg
#450 3 years ago

Right now my vote on poll should be not cool. I have my Big Buck Hunter up for three days and the guns work intermittantly. Resets work, but now the dog damaged the cord on one and the other gun's trigger and pump works to move through menu, but won't fire to calibrate. There is a tiny scratch on the end that doesn't feel like it is on the outside, but probably is. The guns hit the bottom of the cabinet when placed in. I can't find replacement parts or and suggestions other than reboot.

I finally ordered everything for the screen upgrade. Found a 2007fp on Mecari for barely under $100 after shipping.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/9?hl=boblabla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.