20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.
#351 3 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Still digging mine. I like that I can go into the options and set it to easy mode so you don’t have to pump to reload. I’ll turn it back on when I get better

I picked up one last weekend and I'm really enjoying it as well. Screen size really doesn't even bother me as you stand back a bit so it seems larger then it is. Nice I didn't realize you could change the setting to not use the reload I think I'll definitely try that out as this isn't an easy game by no means. I'm really enjoying all the different bonus games as well at the end of each section.

1 week later
#352 3 years ago

Has anyone tried the Big Buck Hunter version? Seems like the screen might be too small, but who knows?

#353 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Has anyone tried the Big Buck Hunter version? Seems like the screen might be too small, but who knows?

I have one on the way and bought the 20” screen upgrade kit.

#354 3 years ago

Still enjoying ours, screen hasn’t bothered anyone thus far but an upgrade would definitely be a bonus.

#355 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I have one on the way and bought the 20” screen upgrade kit.

Where did you get the 20” upgrade kit?

#356 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get the 20” upgrade kit?

Tulsa arcades has the mount and new bezel with graphics. Need a dell 2007fp can get used pretty cheap and proper 4:3 format 1600x1200 resolution . Need the geek worm adapter as well.

Check out this video, has all the parts and info

#358 3 years ago

Forgot to mention, the world edition is currently on sale at walmart.com for $449 and free shipping.

Seems like a good deal if your planning on sinking a couple bucks to upgrade monitor.

I can’t fit the full size cab down my stairs so it’s my only option.

#359 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Tulsa arcades has the mount and new bezel with graphics. Need a dell 2007fp can get used pretty cheap and proper 4:3 format 1600x1200 resolution . Need the geek worm adapter as well.

Dude, I’m all over this if they do a house of the dead. I can’t get the full size ones in my basement.

#360 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Forgot to mention, the world edition is currently on sale at walmart.com for $449 and free shipping.
Seems like a good deal if your planning on sinking a couple bucks to upgrade monitor.
I can’t fit the full size cab down my stairs so it’s my only option.

My buddy owns the full size BBH Pro and another buddy just bought the A1up version. Lets put it this way. Spending the extra cash on a real one is ridiculous. You get 4 games on the 1up, a lot lighter to move and you can put a nice size monitor in and still cost less then the OG game. The only other thing I would suggest is making a taller riser for it. I want one but have too many expenses going on right now.

#361 3 years ago

Saw this one on FB. 24" monitor upgrade. OG cabs are 25" Looks really nice.

155471220_2163189200480196_1027601084187318988_o (resized).jpg155471220_2163189200480196_1027601084187318988_o (resized).jpg
#362 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Saw this one on FB. 24" monitor upgrade. OG cabs are 25" Looks really nice.
[quoted image]

Yeah I think this big buck from arcade 1 up is pretty cool being you get the 4 games and if you willing to upgrade monitor there really are no limitations.
There is a video on you tube where it’s hooked up to a really big screen and looked great, I kind of like the look of going is big as you can within the cabinet and 20-22” is about the max.

Just going up to the 20” is substantially bigger and with the recommended distance for the senden light guns seems good.

Hopefully doing my swap later this week if all the parts come. I waiting to build the BBH until everything comes.

Your correct..big buck is good but not at 5k+

Edit - there is a riser extension someone is making and adds 4-6” I think and I believe is around $20. I will likely get this too as I think it should be close to eye level.

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I think this big buck from arcade 1 up is pretty cool being you get the 4 games and if you willing to upgrade monitor there really are no limitations.
There is a video on you tube where it’s hooked up to a really big screen and looked great, I kind of like the look of going is big as you can within the cabinet and 20-22” is about the max.
Just going up to the 20” is substantially bigger and with the recommended distance for the senden light guns seems good.
Hopefully doing my swap later this week if all the parts come. I waiting to build the BBH until everything comes.
Your correct..big buck is good but not at 5k+
Edit - there is a riser extension someone is making and adds 4-6” I think and I believe is around $20. I will likely get this too as I think it should be close to eye level.

If you find that riser you mentioned that’s $20 could you post a link to it as I’d definitely be interested. The 20 inch screen looks nice as well I need to look at that a bit closer. Hope it goes well for you.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

If you find that riser you mentioned that’s $20 could you post a link to it as I’d definitely be interested. The 20 inch screen looks nice as well I need to look at that a bit closer. Hope it goes well for you.

ebay.com link: Arcade1up Riser Arcade Machine 4 Extender Extension Arcade 1up

It’s on Amazon and Etsy as well and shipping and price vary depending on site.

There is a big buck mod video on YouTube where you can see it installed on the game.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

It’s on Amazon and Etsy as well and shipping and price vary depending on site.
There is a big buck mod video on YouTube where you can see it installed on the game.

Awesome thanks.

#366 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Still enjoying ours, screen hasn’t bothered anyone thus far but an upgrade would definitely be a bonus.

Man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the BBH AIUP from Wal-Mart sight unseen, but man hard to find a 17" screen being doable and I don't want to spend money to mod it up to the 20". Do you just stand closer. Also, we are about to move and I would just have shipped to current house only to have movers bring to new house. Do these A1UP's stick around in stock. I tried to get an Aracade Legends around Christmas and they were never available.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Man, I'm about to pull the trigger on the BBH AIUP from Wal-Mart sight unseen, but man hard to find a 17" screen being doable and I don't want to spend money to mod it up to the 20". Do you just stand closer. Also, we are about to move and I would just have shipped to current house only to have movers bring to new house. Do these A1UP's stick around in stock. I tried to get an Aracade Legends around Christmas and they were never available.

Well, some do have a tendency to disappear at the good prices. Golden Tee is a good example.

Look at it this way, your getting 4 games with it for $449 so even if you pay a few bucks to increase screen size it’s still a good deal.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well, some do have a tendency to disappear at the good prices. Golden Tee is a good example.
Look at it this way, your getting 4 games with it for $449 so even if you pay a few bucks to increase screen size it’s still a good deal.

You all are good sales men. I'm putting my order in now. Bad influences you all are.

#369 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

You all are good sales men. I'm putting my order in now. Bad influences you all are.

Lol..

I’ll post photos of mine with larger monitor once I have all the parts.

#370 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Also, we are about to move and I would just have shipped to current house only to have movers bring to new house. Do these A1UP's stick around in stock. I tried to get an Aracade Legends around Christmas and they were never available.

If you are about to move, I'd recommend buying it now but keeping it in the box until after you move. While these are light and easier to transport than your standard arcade game, you'll minimize the risk of damage if you keep it in the original packaging. I think it'll be a lot less stressful leaving it packed up.

#371 3 years ago

It's cool that Terry started this thread...I check it out for updates all the time.

#372 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Lol..
I’ll post photos of mine with larger monitor once I have all the parts.

Love seeing the pics of upgraded systems! I wasn’t considering a larger internal monitor for my BBH, but that larger external monitor looks much more appealing.

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from mkecasey:

If you are about to move, I'd recommend buying it now but keeping it in the box until after you move. While these are light and easier to transport than your standard arcade game, you'll minimize the risk of damage if you keep it in the original packaging. I think it'll be a lot less stressful leaving it packed up.

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, but move day isn't until the 22nd. It's going to be hard.

#374 3 years ago

got my Big Buck world yesterday .. works great with the small screen .. i'm looking for an in stock convertor card though to upgrade monitor

needs more height and i have it on a dolly another 4" up. im 6'

#375 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, but move day isn't until the 22nd. It's going to be hard.

Think of it as an extra Christmas

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

got my Big Buck world yesterday .. works great with the small screen .. i'm looking for an in stock convertor card though to upgrade monitor

You need the geekworm board to upsize monitor and make it hdmi compatible, order on amazon and you’ll have within a week.

https://www.amazon.com/Geekworm-Converter-Supports-Multiple-Resolutions/dp/B08JTNQJKT

Here is the 4” riser add on I bought as well.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Amazon is out of the board, but AliExpress has it, including the bundle with the cable for $30. I've never ordered from them, so I don't know what shipping would be. Newegg has what looks to be similar for almost $60 with shipping, but no cable. I'm going to wait until my move, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the upgrade as well. Anyone seen the weird Youtube video of the guy's wife showing off the monitor upgrade talking all sexy? It's called Kong's something.

#378 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You need the geekworm board to upsize monitor and make it hdmi compatible, order on amazon and you’ll have within a week.
amazon.com link »
Here is the 4” riser add on I bought as well.

thanks .. amazon was sold out , but stock expected by next week .. got my order in

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

thanks .. amazon was sold out , but stock expected by next week .. got my order in

It said the same when I ordered mine and showed up 5 days early.

#380 3 years ago

So here is what the BBH looks like with larger monitor and the 4” riser extension installed.

B341E723-785C-4F84-9F5B-6F7C9BFFD8D1 (resized).jpegB341E723-785C-4F84-9F5B-6F7C9BFFD8D1 (resized).jpeg
#381 3 years ago

What monitor is that? Does it work with the original hardware?

#382 3 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

What monitor is that? Does it work with the original hardware?

He's using a Dell 20" 4:3 monitor. Yes it works with original hardware but you need a Geekworm HDMI adapter.

https://geekworm.com/products/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-with-lvds-cable?_pos=1&_sid=2592642d3&_ss=r

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

He's using a Dell 20" 4:3 monitor. Yes it works with original hardware but you need a Geekworm HDMI adapter.
https://geekworm.com/products/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-with-lvds-cable?_pos=1&_sid=2592642d3&_ss=r

Thanks. I have a few cabs maybe I’ll look into upgrading the monitors on some of them.

#384 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So here is what the BBH looks like with larger monitor and the 4” riser extension installed.
[quoted image]

Where did you source the 4:3 20" Dell? I was looking on Dell website and don't see any 4:3 ratio monitors. Amazon has a Sceptre brand I've never heard of for $80. My search mainly takes me to Ebay. They are more than I expected.

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Where did you source the 4:3 20" Dell? I was looking on Dell website and don't see any 4:3 ratio monitors. Amazon has a Sceptre brand I've never heard of for $80. My search mainly takes me to Ebay. They are more than I expected.

Got mine on a Amazon for $130, could have done ebay for $98 but returns via Amazon are easier.

Look for a dell 2007fpb, picture quality is fantastic as it’s a high resolution monitor as well.

I’m really happy with how it all turned out.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Got mine on a Amazon for $130, could have done ebay for $98 but returns via Amazon are easier.
Look for a dell 2007fpb, picture quality is fantastic as it’s a high resolution monitor as well.
I’m really happy with how it all turned out.

Thanks and being 4:3 it'll look bigger than I expected.

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I got the card . Will it output HDMI to any monitor / screen . I was trying to get it hooked to my projector , but so far no picture.

thanks for any help.

EDIT: i watched further in the video and see he hooked it up to a few different screens ...more testing to see why its not working

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I got the card . Will it output HDMI to any monitor / screen . I was trying to get it hooked to my projector , but so far no picture.
thanks for any help.
EDIT: i watched further in the video and see he hooked it up to a few different screens ...more testing to see why its not working

UPDATE: got it working with another screen .. projector not compatible

#389 3 years ago

I think I would buy a xenophobe if they ever made one .. weirdest game I ever played
But as soon as I got the room I’m getting a mega cade

#390 3 years ago

I have had a lot of issues with the picture going in and out with HDTVs and the BBH game with the geekworm board. Seems fine during the hunts but the other screens not so much.

#391 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Bought that one. We love it and the guns are accurate. Definitely worth the money Vs a full size for us

929ED155-C540-4725-8375-A74482B9075E (resized).jpeg929ED155-C540-4725-8375-A74482B9075E (resized).jpeg
#392 3 years ago

Is the dell 2007fpb so expensive just because of Arcade1Up? I can't justifty $130 for used old monitor, $124 for bezel and mount kit, and $40-60 for the board. We are at 75% of the cost of the Arcade1Up to begin with. Seems crazy.

#393 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I have had a lot of issues with the picture going in and out with HDTVs and the BBH game with the geekworm board. Seems fine during the hunts but the other screens not so much.

I have 3 different HDTV's (none are 4k) and i can't get it to reliably work with any of them. Only appears on one of them. I might try another order or return this one.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I have 3 different HDTV's (none are 4k) and i can't get it to reliably work with any of them. Only appears on one of them. I might try another order or return this one.

The Kong's YouTube video said he had to try a few monitors before he could get his board to work. The Cool Stuff guy made it look like it would work on about any monitor. Ezeltmann, thanks for your updates because I have really been toying with the idea of going to a larger screen, but haven't pulled the trigger.

#395 3 years ago

I have a small spot left in my little game room and I am going to order the AFM arcade oneup version. It may not be perfect but, it will get some more of the classic titles in my small game room I keep watching Best Buy for preorder.

#396 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:I have had a lot of issues with the picture going in and out with HDTVs and the BBH game with the geekworm board. Seems fine during the hunts but the other screens not so much.

I initially had this happen but found my dvi adapter was loose, tightned the two posts as much as I could and no problem since.

Top left corner of screen would flash the dvi symbol indicating loss of video.

#397 3 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I think there is a video format switch on the board somewhere. Make sure it is on correct setting.

#398 3 years ago

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix their Arcade1Ups with their real coin-op pins and arcade games? I like the size of these things, because I can cram more in the game room, but man, they looks like cheap knock-off toys next to my pins and arcade games, especially when I sit them next to the real things. Part of me is considering selling them and going with a less-is-more approach to my game room with just actual coin-op machines and maybe a MAME cab.

Then again, maybe it's the size that makes them looks like toys. I dunno. Would love to figure out a way for them to all live together without the 1Ups sticking out like a sore thumb.

#399 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Has anyone figured out a good way to mix their Arcade1Ups with their real coin-op pins and arcade games? I like the size of these things, because I can cram more in the game room, but man, they looks like cheap knock-off toys next to my pins and arcade games, especially when I sit them next to the real things. Part of me is considering selling them and going with a less-is-more approach to my game room with just actual coin-op machines and maybe a MAME cab.
Then again, maybe it's the size that makes them looks like toys. I dunno. Would love to figure out a way for them to all live together without the 1Ups sticking out like a sore thumb.

In my own case I ended up getting rid of all the ones I had. They went to good homes for people who wanted to play the games and were not "collectors" or "hobbyists". The quality of the cabinets does not hold up. +1 for a MAME machine or get a laptop with MAME and hook it to a large screen with a tank stick. Lots of options. Good luck.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

They look fine mixed in with pins scattered around my game room and my guests love playing them.
Have to decide, smaller dedicated machines and variety or full size clunky arcades that are a bitch to move around and take up valuable pinball real estate.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/8?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.