20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
20230204_155904 (resized).jpg

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.
#301 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I was thinking the exact same thing. I dont think a 1up arcade cabinet could take that kind of abuse at all.

My Street Fighter 2 cabinet sees a lot of that and it is holding up well going on nearly two years now.

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Those buttons take a beating so they would need to build a robust control console, probably the biggest challenge since people literally pound on it. Lol

The cabs are pretty sturdy. But the buttons are junk. At least on the gen 1 cans anyway. I change mine out.

#303 3 years ago

To access the setup menu on a gen one you need to hold all the buttons down when turning game on. I haven’t tried this with all of them and don’t know if it works with gen 2 or 3. But you can change game difficulty and other things in the setup.

#304 3 years ago

This is setup in Asteroids. Notice it has 3 hidden games. SF2, Gravitar, and Asteroids deluxe.

3DA12EC0-2EB5-4469-B3C4-359F6B667C41 (resized).jpeg3DA12EC0-2EB5-4469-B3C4-359F6B667C41 (resized).jpegFE6B6DD3-2362-4969-8EFA-83506866E0D8 (resized).jpegFE6B6DD3-2362-4969-8EFA-83506866E0D8 (resized).jpeg
#305 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I was mistaken...lol!
It is 3 courses per game or 12 total, my bad.
Still a great game though!

I figured, lol, and you are right, a lot of fun for the money.

Got mine at Walmart, they honored their lower website price of $299 at the store, where it was still marked $399.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Got mine at Walmart, they honored their lower website price of $299 at the store, where it was still marked $399.

That's a good deal. I think best buy is on sale for $350 now

#307 3 years ago

I got mine for $199 plus tax on clearance from Marshall’s/HomeGoods in January.

If you have them near you check periodically as they blow them out.

2 weeks later
#308 3 years ago

Today i recieved my 1up space invaders, had a great deal.
Like how it looks, but damn the thing is loud and even on the low setting.
Its or totaly off or loud or even louder.
Is this normal?

#309 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Today i recieved my 1up space invaders, had a great deal.
Like how it looks, but damn the thing is loud and even on the low setting.
Its or totaly off or loud or even louder.
Is this normal?

It is. You can wire a pot to it to adjust the max volume

#310 3 years ago

I just put some packing tape over the speaker as a stopgap measure.

#311 3 years ago

I just put some packing tape over the speaker as a stopgap measure.

Thanks for the tip!
After testing wit a coffe mug, i will prob. Try to close the holes.
The sound dims a lot and travels by the inside more.

Are all 1 ups this loud?

#312 3 years ago

Maybe, mine is a Golden Tee.

Still, my Japanese pachinko is way louder, with half the speakers unplugged!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Thanks for the tip!
After testing wit a coffe mug, i will prob. Try to close the holes.
The sound dims a lot and travels by the inside more.
Are all 1 ups this loud?

My BurgerTime cabinet goes from low to high like it should. I have heard of some some games with this issue though. I would call them and see what they say.

#314 3 years ago

1st gen have poor sound. My street fighter...yikes.

Mod it out and enjoy

#315 3 years ago

Maybe, mine is a Golden Tee.
Still, my Japanese pachinko is way louder, with half the speakers unplugged!

I lived in Japan (Okinawa) 3 years. Words cannot express how load an authentic Pachinko parlor. You know how hard it is to talk to someone at a Night Club? Imagine that, but worse. My wife and I walked through one exactly one time. I have never experienced something so continuously loud.

Not my video but:

#316 3 years ago

Space Invaders is unusually load. There have been many complaints about it. I took my speaker off and out a some black construction paper with a few holes in it down then put speaker back on. Works great. It’s really not hard to do.

1 month later
#317 3 years ago

Gonna miss you in this thread Who-Dey. Glad you bought the Burgertime game and enjoyed it. Quoted from his post in the picture.

"Will I use it enough to get my $399.99 dollars worth? Probably not but you know what, if I enjoy it the rest of my life who cares?"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/4#post-5760848

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#318 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Gonna miss you in this thread Who-Dey. Glad you bought the Burgertime game and enjoyed it.[quoted image]

When I saw this thread pop up, I thought the same thing....

His enthusiasm was undeniable, and so earnest in a way that's so valuable.

#319 3 years ago

I hope to find a Big Buck Hunter for Christmas. These things are addictive, I also might get a stand up version of outrun.

#320 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

When I saw this thread pop up, I thought the same thing....
His enthusiasm was undeniable, and so earnest in a way that's so valuable.

So true. He was golden. Reminded me of a younger kid playing games for the first time.

#321 3 years ago

Just received this text

Screenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201111-172630_Messages (resized).jpg
#322 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 months later
#323 3 years ago

They just announced Dragon's Lair today, with the cabinet not being a 3/4 replica, but instead full sized! https://arcade1up.com/collections/cabinets/products/dragons-lair-arcade-cabinet
Take my money now!

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

They just announced Dragon's Lair today, with the cabinet not being a 3/4 replica, but instead full sized! https://arcade1up.com/collections/cabinets/products/dragons-lair-arcade-cabinet
Take my money now!

I think these will still be 3/4 size with a faux coin door. But it will include Dragons Lair I and II, and Space Ace.

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I think these will still be 3/4 size with a faux coin door. But it will include Dragons Lair I and II, and Space Ace.

Will see, here is how they presented it, "The Dragon's Lair cabinet is the first from Arcade1Up to feature the same form factor and size as the original."

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah the AFM were supposed to be released in late 2020.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#327 3 years ago

I like the new Tempest and it is cool the Pong also has Circus and 4 player Warlords.

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Will see, here is how they presented it, "The Dragon's Lair cabinet is the first from Arcade1Up to feature the same form factor and size as the original."

It's clearly on a riser in the picture. The scoreboard is not the same as the original either. It still looks cool, but it's not quite the same.

#329 3 years ago

Anyone play the new big buck world or pro yet?

#330 3 years ago

These are Already on ebay for 1200,not officially out until February 8 and at gamestop for 549

Screenshot_20210114-192957_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210114-192957_eBay (resized).jpg

#331 3 years ago

My Big buck hunter should be delivered soon...

#332 3 years ago

Other - For Sale
“Selling a like new hardy used rare Arcade1up Supreme Mortal Kombat. This is 1506 out of 2400 that were made. Grab this at the more normal price not the 1200+ on eBay. The is less t...”
2021-01-14
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 137 days
Viewed: 658 times

I can't wait for the killer instinct arcade1up

#333 3 years ago

Have they officially confirmed any other lightgun cabs? That Sinden lightgun tech looks like it may be a winner.

I'm tempted by BBH but what I really want is a Virtua Cop and/or House of the Dead gun cab. Sign me up for either/both of those. Then I'll mod em to play basically every gun game ever made - hurry up and release these things dammit!

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Take my money now!

Quoted from mkk629:

They are 3/4 scale. Right now they are taking interest in the game through their "notify me" button. If you want to see these games made you need to get on the list.

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone play the new big buck world or pro yet?

We bought the Big Buck Hunter Pro last weekend for our grandson. It’s actually pretty fun, I am curious how the guns will hold up to the constant pump/reloading.

#336 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

We bought the Big Buck Hunter Pro last weekend for our grandson. It’s actually pretty fun, I am curious how the guns will hold up to the constant pump/reloading.

Any thoughts on screen size?

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any thoughts on screen size?

It’s for sure small but it really doesn’t bother me like I thought it might.

#338 3 years ago

Waiting on the Big Buck Hunter here! I've had the Atari "deeeeluxe" 12-in-1 since they came out, bought at a Fry's Electronics back when they actually sold stuff, and no complaints there. Upgraded the spinner with one from GRS so it's super smooth and spins almost forever. Would be nice to upgrade the buttons but they work fine. Also have the Star Wars cab and the flight yoke works better than expected. Seems like it will hold up as long as you're nice to it. I do have one of the Alan-1 recreation arcade flight yokes to swap in there one day though.

#339 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm tempted by BBH but what I really want is a Virtua Cop and/or House of the Dead gun cab. Sign me up for either/both of those. Then I'll mod em to play basically every gun game ever made - hurry up and release these things dammit!

This won’t work. I watched a video yesterday, a BBH sinden gun won’t work with a pc, and the sinden pc light gun won’t work with the A1U BBH machine. You could use the cabinet and screen but all of the electronics would need to be replaced. Might as well just build from scratch at that point because the screen size is the biggest complaint with the BBH cabinet.

#340 3 years ago

My current lineup of 1ups. Actually I just mod then sell them. They are all 60 in 1 games except the Robotron. Did my first Williams 19 in 1 multi-game in a 1up. 19" screen, light up marquee, 15" tall riser, kill switch for left and right on the joystick when playing Defender and Stargate. Another switch to use players 1 & 2 buttons for fire and jump buttons when playing other games and an external volume control. It's the last one I have to sell. Then doing a Ms Pac Man mod that will make it look more like the real game.

135608799_3919265088104092_6252073070839450233_n (resized).jpg135608799_3919265088104092_6252073070839450233_n (resized).jpg

#341 3 years ago

I’m pretty interested in the pong pub table to be honest. I wish it was just a lil cheaper, but looking forward to seeing review videos on it. Killer instinct is also a big draw. Still wish I woulda snagged a golden axe.

#342 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This won’t work. I watched a video yesterday, a BBH sinden gun won’t work with a pc, and the sinden pc light gun won’t work with the A1U BBH machine. You could use the cabinet and screen but all of the electronics would need to be replaced. Might as well just build from scratch at that point because the screen size is the biggest complaint with the BBH cabinet.

If only those buck hunter games were available for MAME or something. But as far as I know, this cabinet is the only way to play them outside of buying a full machine?

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

If only those buck hunter games were available for MAME or something. But as far as I know, this cabinet is the only way to play them outside of buying a full machine?

They are spendy, but there is a lightgun made for LCD screens available now. https://www.sindenlightgun.com

#344 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I think the mame crowd doesn’t publicly release the rom until a certain number of years after you can no longer purchase the game legally. I wouldn’t doubt that it’s possible with an Ultimarc Aimtrack light gun or the new sinden gun, you’d just need to find a rom.

1 week later
#345 3 years ago

10 years ago, when I bought my house, I was going a different route, but ninja turtles hit, and I was sold. They are cheaper, smaller, easy to move, and give you the same feel, and are just more practical for a basement arcade. I have a MAME cab, and use that more, but 1ups are for stuff with unique controls like golden tee or Star Wars, or dedicated stuff I love like TMNT or X-men. I could see some becoming collectable like frogger, burger time, or golden axe.

#346 3 years ago

I’m patiently waiting for 720 degrees skate Or die.

#347 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m patiently waiting for 720 degrees skate Or die.

This would be the ultimate Arcade1up 720 was the arcade game I loved the most when I was a kid.

2 weeks later
#349 3 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Still enjoying this?

I’m thinking about buying one and doing the 20” screen upgrade. Looks like a significant improvement in size and resolution.

#350 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Still enjoying this?
I’m thinking about buying one and doing the 20” screen upgrade. Looks like a significant improvement in size and resolution.

Still digging mine. I like that I can go into the options and set it to easy mode so you don’t have to pump to reload. I’ll turn it back on when I get better

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/7?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.