20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.
#201 3 years ago

I have the 1up sit down Star Wars and it is great! No lag and a decent price for a game as repetitive as Star Wars. A nice feature is it has a game from all 3 films.

I'm interested to see their digital pinball machines.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Karate Champ was a great game when it came out. Very addicting once you get the hang of it. Is my favorite out of the games on your Burger Time. The only thing is that it is originally a horizontal mounted monitor game.

Holy shit this Karate Champ really is fun! Now I see why I used to pump quarters in it to play it when I was younger. I totally forgot how fun this game really is. What a nice surprise!
20200726_213955 (resized).jpg20200726_213955 (resized).jpg

20200726_213945 (resized).jpg20200726_213945 (resized).jpg

#203 3 years ago

Played the Mortal Combat 1up and it was a blast, been over a decade since I last played and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Played the Mortal Combat 1up and it was a blast, been over a decade since I last played and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I got one of those on my PS4 and it got old pretty fast. I couldn't remember all of those button combinations if my life depended on it. It seems like all I do is mash buttons and hope for the best on that game..

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I got one of those on my PS4 and it got old pretty fast. I couldn't remember all of those button combinations if my life depended on it. It seems like all I do is mash buttons and hope for the best on that game..

Me too lol, I'm the worst play station player alive!

#206 3 years ago

Just size this pic and stick it on the game. You’ll never forget the moves again

7C827C68-D086-42FF-B0B2-2F22EE6B5E3E (resized).png7C827C68-D086-42FF-B0B2-2F22EE6B5E3E (resized).png
#207 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Just size this pic and stick it on the game. You’ll never forget the moves again[quoted image]

Nightwolf is my favorite character

#208 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Me too lol, I'm the worst play station player alive!

You would have to be a genius to know all of those button combos. It is a cool looking fighting game though but I just wonder how long before it would get old? There are a ton of MK lovers out there though and I can see where that cabinet would appeal to some people. I am going to get the 4 way gates on my game to make the controls a little better on BurgerTime because the only two games I'm going to play anyways is BurgerTime and Karate Champ. I wont ever play the other two I dont think. It controls good now but I want precise controls for burger time.

#209 3 years ago

Are you installing an 8way then or just a better 4way

#210 3 years ago

Just size this pic and stick it on the game. You’ll never forget the moves again

Wouldn't do me any good when I play the results are like watching someone trying to run with their shoelaces tied together.

#211 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Are you installing an 8way then or just a better 4way

The game has Karate Champ, BurgerTime, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja. Bad Dudes and Caveman Ninja use the 8 way gates and BurgerTime and Karate Champ use 4 way restrictor gates so those four games should have never been put on the same cabinet.

BurgerTime didnt control very good so they started installing a special gate that made it better I guess and it still works with Caveman Ninja and Bad Dudes also. The only correct way to play BurgerTime is with the 4 way gates like you would have on a pac man machine...up, down, right, and left only.

It was dumb to put those 4 games together and I like the hell out of BurgerTime and Karate Champ so I'm going to install the correct controls and just forget about the other two games.

#212 3 years ago

I did hear that someone makes a gate that can switch between 4 way and 8 way both, so I may go that route also, then I could play all four games with no problems.

#213 3 years ago

Never heard of Caveman Ninja? Have you played it? Sounds like another martial arts gamethat could be fun.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Never heard of Caveman Ninja? Have you played it? Sounds like another martial arts gamethat could be fun.

It was called something else in the arcades I think. I havent played it but one time so far and it doesnt seem too bad.

#215 3 years ago

It was caveman ninja in the arcades, but on consoles it’s known as joe and Mac. It’s a great game.

#216 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Nightwolf is my favorite character

Sub-Zero and nightwolf were my go-to guys , it was always a nightmare trying to remember the fatalities for all of the characters .

#217 3 years ago

1up arcade games are a bit pricey over here , $500 plus but if they made a Heavy Barrel with the rotary joysticks I would be very tempted .

IMG_20200727_225845 (resized).jpgIMG_20200727_225845 (resized).jpg
#218 3 years ago

Now I think about it , Killer Instinct could be really cool .

IMG_20200727_231520 (resized).jpgIMG_20200727_231520 (resized).jpg
#219 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The game has Karate Champ, BurgerTime, Bad Dudes, and Caveman Ninja. Bad Dudes and Caveman Ninja use the 8 way gates and BurgerTime and Karate Champ use 4 way restrictor gates so those four games should have never been put on the same cabinet.
BurgerTime didnt control very good so they started installing a special gate that made it better I guess and it still works with Caveman Ninja and Bad Dudes also. The only correct way to play BurgerTime is with the 4 way gates like you would have on a pac man machine...up, down, right, and left only.
It was dumb to put those 4 games together and I like the hell out of BurgerTime and Karate Champ so I'm going to install the correct controls and just forget about the other two games.

I have a MAME cabinet and I have the same issue. Games like Pacman and Ms. Pacman are almost unplayable.

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I have a MAME cabinet and I have the same issue. Games like Pacman and Ms. Pacman are almost unplayable.

So for a retropie arcade 1 up mod would the better approach be to have both 4 way and an 8 way Sticks on the same panel? Or should I just make one cab a dedicated 4 way and one a dedicated 8 way?

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Holy shit this Karate Champ really is fun! Now I see why I used to pump quarters in it to play it when I was younger. I totally forgot how fun this game really is. What a nice surprise!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

don't play that on the NES. It's horrible. like Street fighter 2 pinball terrible. Would make you want to set your NES on fire.

#222 3 years ago

Mag stick makes a switchable 4-8 way stick. You just pull the lever up and twist to change. No need to go under control panel.

#223 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Mag stick makes a switchable 4-8 way stick. You just pull the lever up and twist to change. No need to go under control panel.

#224 3 years ago

That's what I need

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now I think about it , Killer Instinct could be really cool .[quoted image]

C-c-c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker! KI was awesome!

#226 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Dragon's lair would be awesome... but I will warn you... it is an awful game. It basically the equivalent to one of those games you could play on a DVD player. I have an original... and it is a huge draw for people that come over... until they play a couple of games.

I saw a kickstarter ad for www.iircade.com, where you can buy various levels of cabinets or bartops, including a Dragon's Lair cabinet with decaling. They give you only 10 games and then you can buy more. One game all the machines come with is Dragon's Lair. You will be able to buy Space Ace and Dragon's Lair II.

#227 3 years ago

Yes. Contrary to what yzfguy wrongfully believes, the Arcade1Up machines ARE cool. I wish I had one when I was a little tyke. I got the Pac Man one for the grandkids and they all play it when they're over. They love it. Problem is, they're getting older now, so I'm upgrading to a loaded VP Cabs Vertigo (which is even cooler). So I have to sell my Pac Man if anybody is looking for one. (It's got a brand new plastic screen cover as well.)

1 week later
#228 3 years ago

Finished my 60 in 1 Galaga conversion. Fisrt of 2 I'm building.
60 in 1 Jamma pcb with Jamma harness and switching power supply.
Tornado Terry's 4-way joystick and Happ buttons.
20" Dell monitor that is slanted back to look more like a real arcade game. Also much easier to view.
DIY built 15" high riser.
Light up marquee that turns on and off with game.
I bought 2 of these Galaga cabs when they were on clearance so willing to trade this one for different games if anyone is local and doesn't want to do the work themselves.

a1up 04 (resized).jpga1up 04 (resized).jpg Added over 4 years ago:

Game is now sold.

#229 3 years ago

Has it been announced when the 1up pinball machine will be available?

#230 3 years ago

SNK releasing a countertop with most of their fighting games plus metal slug and a few others..

http://www.snkmvsx.com/

#231 3 years ago

What are your guys thoughts on cocktail arcade games? Are they as good as the stand up cabinets?

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What are your guys thoughts on cocktail arcade games? Are they as good as the stand up cabinets?

I had a few real ones but never liked them. They sit to low and take up as much room as a pin. Unless you have someplace that one could fit and out of the way I would say to get the upright. But then again, not everyone tries to squeeze 35 pins in a house. LOL

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I had a few real ones but never liked them. They sit to low and take up as much room as a pin. Unless you have someplace that one could fit and out of the way I would say to get the upright. But then again, not everyone tries to squeeze 35 pins in a house. LOL

You have quite the collection going on there! I would have to buy a bigger house to have 35 pins lol. Mine is nowhere close to being big enough.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

tries to squeeze 35 pins in a house.

If I removed all my furniture, I would still have a hard time fitting 35 pins in my house.

#235 3 years ago

Only 26 are set up at a time.

#236 3 years ago

If I removed all my furniture, I would still have a hard time fitting 35 pins in my house.

So you're saying there's a chance!

#237 3 years ago

I'm happy with mine but I would love to get a full size cab. My son and his room mates spent the last 2 nights at our house due to power being out at his house after some wicked storms rolled through. They were down there playing the 1ups all night last night along with a lot of Pinball. Probably the most use the 1ups have ever had on them. I have a modded street fighter for horizontal games, modded pac cab for vertical games and the asteroid cab is stock except for a GRS spinner replacement since I really just bought it for Tempest. I used Pies in both modded cabs for the mods. The Street Fighter cab gets used the most from me for Robotron 2084 and Smash TV, plays great with the 2 joysticks. The vertical cab I probably play Ms. Pacman and Donkey Kong JR probably more than anything else. I bought each one when they were clearance prices, I could not see paying full price for any of them.

IMG_6254 (resized).JPGIMG_6254 (resized).JPGIMG_6243 (resized).JPGIMG_6243 (resized).JPG
#238 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaymerkramer:

I'm happy with mine but I would love to get a full size cab. My son and his room mates spent the last 2 nights at our house due to power being out at his house after some wicked storms rolled through. They were down there playing the 1ups all night last night along with a lot of Pinball. Probably the most use the 1ups have ever had on them. I have a modded street fighter for horizontal games, modded pac cab for vertical games and the asteroid cab is stock except for a GRS spinner replacement since I really just bought it for Tempest. I used Pies in both modded cabs for the mods. The Street Fighter cab gets used the most from me for Robotron 2084 and Smash TV, plays great with the 2 joysticks. The vertical cab I probably play Ms. Pacman and Donkey Kong JR probably more than anything else. I bought each one when they were clearance prices, I could not see paying full price for any of them.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Put some light up marquees and slant the monitor back at more of an angle and you won't need a full size cab.

#239 3 years ago

Recently picked up an Arcade1Up NBA Jam. Significant difference in size, weight, and cost from an original (which is housed in the same sized cabinet as Midway’s follow-up hockey game Open Ice). Love playing them both, and am keeping my fingers crossed for an Arcade1Up NFL Blitz.

3D9B7AA6-B492-4A4F-87AC-FBD3937DB021 (resized).jpeg3D9B7AA6-B492-4A4F-87AC-FBD3937DB021 (resized).jpeg
#240 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Love playing them both, and am keeping my fingers crossed for an Arcade1Up NFL Blitz.
[quoted image]

NFL Blitz is an insta-buy for me. Unfortunately it might be tough to get NFL approval when they are trying to disengage from when they were glorifying the game as violent. Never say never.

#241 3 years ago

Just got done playing BurgrtTime and Karate Champ and all i can say is i love this thing! The Ms Pacman cabinet looks awfully tempting, may have to get that one for sure. It has galaga, Galaxian, and both Dig Dugs on it as well. The cabinet artwork is gorgeous on it.

#242 3 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Has it been announced when the 1up pinball machine will be available?

Saying fall 2020,and 500-600$

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Servostik has added a motor and a software control to a standard Sanwa joystick. 4-8 switch is automatic !

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaymerkramer:

The Street Fighter cab gets used the most from me for Robotron 2084 and Smash TV

I would love to get a setup to play Robotron and Smash TV. What would I need to get in order to have that setup?
Thanks
Ed

#245 3 years ago

Time to sell that Burgertime Who-Dey and get this more affordable/stylish one!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1297697966547800064?s=19

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Time to sell that Burgertime who-dey and get this more affordable/stylish one!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1297697966547800064?s=19

Mine is a limited edition cabinet (LE) so its worth a fortune right now. You interested?

#247 3 years ago
Quoted from mjg417:

Saying fall 2020,and 500-600$

If that has a few dozen games on it it's worth checking out. For me at least

#248 3 years ago

If that has a few dozen games on it it's worth checking out. For me at least

Ugh. I just saw it was zen pinball games. Maybe I'll check out the big buck hunter instead

#249 3 years ago

Ugh. I just saw it was zen pinball games. Maybe I'll check out the big buck hunter instead

I am not interested in Zen original tables but they have displayed an AFM cabinet at a recent show. If that comes with 10 Williams tables then I'm definitely interested.

#250 3 years ago

Yeah the AFM were supposed to be released in late 2020.

49BAE95F-C19A-4C66-BD51-7B6125D2DB38 (resized).jpeg49BAE95F-C19A-4C66-BD51-7B6125D2DB38 (resized).jpegC00F39A0-FE85-4F81-9936-93C31838C723 (resized).jpegC00F39A0-FE85-4F81-9936-93C31838C723 (resized).jpegE98FC55B-6242-49CB-A9F1-E5E9052C0049 (resized).jpegE98FC55B-6242-49CB-A9F1-E5E9052C0049 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.