20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.
#152 3 years ago

Guys how come we are such nerds?? I don't know the answer either but I'm having more fun with this hobby than just about anything I've ever done in my life so I dont care!

These arcade games and pinball machines make new feel like a little kid again and I like it.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sitting here wiring up my 60 in 1 cab now. Hate splicing/stripping all these damn wires.

With Arcade1up you can be up and playing Quantum in 45 minutes. No splicing or splitting wires. There's something to be said for that...

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

These arcade games and pinball machines make new feel like a little kid again and I like it.

I think you hit the nail on the head . Playing these old school games takes me straight back to when I was a kid playing them in the arcades .
Glory Days .

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Guys how come we are such nerds?? I don't know the answer either but I'm having more fun with this hobby than just about anything I've ever done in my life so I dont care!

These arcade games and pinball machines make new feel like a little kid again and I like it

Exactly they take me back to the time when life was not so convoluted and for a moment I'm reliving the happiest times of my life.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

Looks great! I looked the name up online and it’s a Singapore company that charges 3k sgd which equals out to about $2,100 USD, would that be about right? I would pay as much as $1,200 for that but that’s probably my limit.

Yep you are correct I paid 2,000 for it but I am surprised that it has LG monitors in it so it should last.

#157 3 years ago

Anyone have experience with this mod? https://arcademodup.com/product/arcade1up-mod-kit-bundle/

I've been looking at it for a month. Mixed reviews from some of the arcade forums but not sure if it's just people being picky or bad product. I just want something that is fairly plug and play to turn my SF2 into a MAME cab. I know I can build my own but I did all that with VP. This time I value my time more and just want it all ready to go for me.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yes you can get new controls and install them and I agree with those who say they see little if any lag in play.

I just played a pacman 1up the other day, and the lag wasn't nearly as bad as another unit I'd played in the past. Could be the other unit was running a pi, not sure. The stock setup seems to only have a couple frames of lag; pac man was reasonably playable. Not quite good enough for me but should be OK for the majority of people buying these things.

Quoted from TRAMD:

The quality of the arcade simulation is spot on with no lag so I have no idea what some people are talking about with that complaint

There is definitely lag, but not much. It's about the same as playing a modern console on a regular old LCD set that doesn't have a good game mode. Most people will never notice, but if you're used to oldschool games on CRTs, or modern games on GSYNC compatible displays, you'll notice.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

Yep you are correct I paid 2,000 for it but I am surprised that it has LG monitors in it so it should last.

What System runs the unit? I’d love to have all those pinball machines digitally and build my own cabinet but have no desire to go through The technical aspects of getting a computer and putting all those games on there

#160 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

What System runs the unit? I’d love to have all those pinball machines digitally and build my own cabinet but have no desire to go through The technical aspects of getting a computer and putting all those games on there

It is a windows computer that runs it with a solid state hard drive.

#161 3 years ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

20200720_192503 (resized).jpg20200720_192503 (resized).jpg20200720_192600 (resized).jpg20200720_192600 (resized).jpg
#162 3 years ago

It’s alive!! I used to hate these flat screen LCD monitors but now I like them just as much as my CRT.

B2F489CA-6769-4098-B2E1-9563167170E4 (resized).jpegB2F489CA-6769-4098-B2E1-9563167170E4 (resized).jpegE3F07AD2-2A6C-4F60-AC68-3C2427687E94 (resized).jpegE3F07AD2-2A6C-4F60-AC68-3C2427687E94 (resized).jpeg
#163 3 years ago

I really like my 12k+ multicade I purchased with a 40 inch screen. It was $2500.00. (I had steering wheel and gas/brake pedals added for another $200.00 I think).

I never noticed any lag, but graphics are very noticeable. Centipede, Pole Position, Dig Dug, etc. not so much, but Golden Tee big time. This multicade has 18 Golden Tee courses on it, and after we discovered that after watching a friend play, that was all we played anymore.

Now all my girlfriend wants to play is the real Golden Tee, while I am always ready to get back to the multicade.

I highly recommend these 2 games, cost is about the same as one LE pin, but you will have so much more variety.

BUT, do like I did, and get the multicade first, and if you do not end up playing Golden Tee on it all the time like we did you will be all set for less than half the price of a pro pin.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

This multicade has 18 Golden Tee courses on it, and after we discovered that after watching a friend play, that was all we played anymore.
Now all my girlfriend wants to play is the real Golden Tee, while I am always ready to get back to the multicade.
I highly recommend these 2 games, cost is about the same as one LE pin, but you will have so much more variety.
BUT, do like I did, and get the multicade first, and if you do not end up playing Golden Tee on it all the time like we did you will be all set for less than half the price of a pro pin.

I also have a “all in one” multicade. Spinner, trackball, 2 guns. It has it all; and that the problem. Game overload. It can take longer to find a game to play then, you spend on that game. Also with only one cabinet there was a fight to play the game you wanted at parties. So I now have the golden tee arcade1up, since that game is always in use. I like my all in one but I prefer a couple small cabinets over just one big one .

Quoted from arcademojo:

It’s alive!! I used to hate these flat screen LCD monitors but now I like them just as much as my CRT.
[quoted image][quoted image]

How many buttons would I need to add to a Pac-Man cab to make one of those 60 in 1 boards play nicely? Or would it be better to get a 12 in 1 board? I want to keep the cabinet lookin as close to original as possible. Or the other option would be a different arcade1up to mod.

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I also have a “all in one” multicade. Spinner, trackball, 2 guns. It has it all; and that the problem. Game overload. It can take longer to find a game to play then, you spend on that game. Also with only one cabinet there was a fight to play the game you wanted at parties. So I now have the golden tee arcade1up, since that game is always in use. I like my all in one but I prefer a couple small cabinets over just one big one .

How many buttons would I need to add to a Pac-Man cab to make one of those 60 in 1 boards play nicely? Or would it be better to get a 12 in 1 board? I want to keep the cabinet lookin as close to original as possible. Or the other option would be a different arcade1up to mod.

You will need 3 buttons total. I only put them on both sides of the joystick because I play different games with different hands. LOL
If your Pac-Man has one fire button already you just need to add 2 more. I could have easily done this with making it all look factory.
Agreed, I’m replacing two large cans with 3 small cans. I’ll be able to play all the same games but now have room for an extra cab.

#166 3 years ago

Well I got my game and put it together......1 hour assembly my ass!
But anyway I really love this thing a lot and it's not a cheap piece of crap at all in my opinion. It feels pretty much like an authentic arcade game to me. I know it's not as heavy duty but it's good enough for home use.

Will I use it enough to get my $399.99 dollars worth? Probably not but you know what, if I enjoy it the rest of my life who cares? I can see how these things are so addicting for people to buy. I would love to have more but I really just dont have the room. Anyways enough rambling, I love this thing!

20200723_114258 (resized).jpg20200723_114258 (resized).jpg20200723_114343 (resized).jpg20200723_114343 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200723-114850_Messages (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200723-114850_Messages (resized).jpg
#167 3 years ago

Glad you got it, I knew you'd like it too. Heck buddy people will come over and play it enough trust me. How does Debbie like it? I'm considering getting another maybe 2 in the not to distant future. Enjoy Who-Dey!

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Glad you got it, I knew you'd like it too. Heck buddy people will come over and play it enough trust me. How does Debbie like it? I'm considering getting another maybe 2 in the not to distant future. Enjoy Who-Dey!

She likes it and thinks its neat but she doesn't care much about any if these games. She's just happy to see me happy lol. She will play a game of pinball and stuff here and there but shes not into it really. She enjoys watching TV. She watches the same damn shows everyday. Andy Griffith, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond and all that crap lol. She's seen all if those old shows 20 times each and still loves watching them lol. I dont get it but if shes happy then so am i.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

She likes it and thinks its neat but she doesn't care much about any if these games. She's just happy to see me happy lol. She will play a game of pinball and stuff here and there but shes not into it really. She enjoys watching TV. She watches the same damn shows everyday. Andy Griffith, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, King of Queens, Everybody loves Raymond and all that crap lol. She's seen all if those old shows 20 times each and still loves watching them lol. I dont get it but if shes happy then so am i.

For $400 it seems like a no brainer....its nice to have options beyond pinball in your game room

#170 3 years ago

Yeah that's how it is with Amy, she comes down and plays when people are here or when I move something new in but other than that not so much. lol

Quoted from Who-Dey:

She likes it and thinks its neat but she doesn't care much about any if these games.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

For $400 it seems like a no brainer....its nice to have options beyond pinball in your game room

The newer ones are getting a little more expensive I think because they are making them with better quality. Theres something about the nostalgia of them that is just cool. I could really see where a room full if these would be really cool and as addicting as pinball machines are.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The newer ones are getting a little more expensive I think because they are making them with better quality. Theres something about the nostalgia of them that is just cool. I could really see where a room full if these would be really cool and as addicting as pinball machines are.

Shit u could almost add 20 of these for the cost of a NIB pinball machine....

#173 3 years ago

I just don't get it, even after reading all these posts. If you want something smaller, it's more financially efficient and smarter to build a bartop arcade like this one. It'll run the games better, and you can customize your game library at any time. It also makes for a great family project.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Another reason is because many, if not most, of the latest releases are coming with custom risers and a lit marquee. I'm hoping to add a lit marquee to my Street Fighter, as I'm going to keep it a long time and feel it's worth adding some bling.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I just don't get it, even after reading all these posts. If you want something smaller, it's more financially efficient and smarter to build a bartop arcade like this one. It'll run the games better, and you can customize your game library at any time. It also makes for a great family project.
[quoted image]

We love to waste money!

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

I just don't get it, even after reading all these posts. If you want something smaller, it's more financially efficient and smarter to build a bartop arcade like this one.

I agree but they want original artwork and a turnkey solution, and the 1ups do that pretty well.

#177 3 years ago

Got all the internals installed for my 60 in 1 mod. Next to finish the control panel and make a bezel to fit the 20” monitor. Once that’s done I can work on a lighted marquee. Also here’s a photo of how I made the monitor mount.

6CF4513E-6D65-4A5D-914A-E039F5440F73 (resized).jpeg6CF4513E-6D65-4A5D-914A-E039F5440F73 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#178 3 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

financially efficient

That's an oxymoron for a community that is willing to shell out these crazy prices for NIB pinball machines.

#179 3 years ago

A phrase rattling around in my skull:

Arcade 1up sit down driver

My legs and back already hurt from the thought of it, but my tikes that are too small for full size machines would freak out. Would have to link a few together for peace in the gameroom.

#180 3 years ago

That Burger Time looks pretty cool. I’d like to get one just to have Karate Champ. 2 player duals on that game are awesome! Maybe I’ll sell Asteroids and get that one. No more room in the basement

#181 3 years ago

Looks like Big Buck Hunter is in the works too. Any one know how much they will be selling that one for?

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like Big Buck Hunter is in the works too. Any one know how much they will be selling that one for?

For the new releases as of late (especially the four player games), it has been $399 without the stool, and $499 with it.

I would guess Big Buck Hunter will come out at $499 when released.

Black Friday is typically the best time to buy price wise.

#183 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That Burger Time looks pretty cool. I’d like to get one just to have Karate Champ. 2 player duals on that game are awesome! Maybe I’ll sell Asteroids and get that one. No more room in the basement

I havent played Karate Champ but 2 times real quick. I remember I used to play it in the arcade and I liked it but I dont remember much about it. Is it really that good of a game? Just wondering because it seemed kind of meh when I tried it the other day. Is single player fun or do you have to play 2 player?

#184 3 years ago

Both are pretty cool in my opinion. See how far you can get single player and head to head is well just head to head. Knowing the moves helps a lot tho. Enjoy!

#185 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is single player fun or do you have to play 2 player?

2 Player is much more fun for me. Single player would get boring pretty quick.

#186 3 years ago

Karate Champ was a great game when it came out. Very addicting once you get the hang of it. Is my favorite out of the games on your Burger Time. The only thing is that it is originally a horizontal mounted monitor game.

Added over 4 years ago:

Strike that, could have sworn it was a horizontal game.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Karate Champ was a great game when it came out. Very addicting once you get the hang of it. Is my favorite out of the games on your Burger Time. The only thing is that it is originally a horizontal mounted monitor game.

No...

kc (resized).jpgkc (resized).jpg
#188 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I could really see where a room full if these would be really cool and as addicting as pinball machines are.

Or you could have just picked up one game with everything you will ever need that would take the same space as 2-3 of those.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

They have horrible lag. Not worth it unless you really want the licensed art, in which case gut it and replace the computer and display with better equipment. Ideally a gsync/freesync display and decent CPU for basically lag-free gaming. Or go CRT if you want the proper experience.
Otherwise, it's nice unplayable furniture.

I have the star wars one, and there isnt' any lag at all. Plays perfectly.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Or you could have just picked up one game with everything you will ever need that would take the same space as 2-3 of those.

That's true but I enjoy the artwork and stuff on them. I've heard a lot of mixed things about Mames or whatever you call them. For the people who buy arcade 1ups I dont think it's about the money, I think it's all about the nostalgia and having a bunch of these in their gameroom all lit up and giving them that arcade feel like they had back in the 80's and kind of reliving their childhood. I dont know I could be wrong but that's what I think anyways.

#191 3 years ago

Who-Dey if you ever want to try a mame/arcade system I have one with over 26,000 games on it you can try to see if you like it. Play it for a couple months or what ever if you want.

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Who-Dey if you ever want to try a mame/arcade system I have one with over 26,000 games on it you can try to see if you like it. Play it for a couple months or what ever if you want.

I appreciate the offer, I may come and check it one day. What are your thoughts on the names? I've heard that some games they play accurately and others not so much? I dont know anything at all about them. Do you like yours?

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That's the one I'm interested to see how it plays, if it's good then it would be my first 1up.

Not sure on price but I know I'm probably not gonna find a safari for 500. Plus it has 3 more.

Golden tee gets tempting since neo turf masters is my most played game on my neo geo.

#194 3 years ago

I'm a big fan of the original vids and have collected quite a few. They play differently
in part because the lag time is different. That makes a big difference! I'd suggest
building a MAME if space is an issue and not willing to find & restore originals.
Steve

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I appreciate the offer, I may come and check it one day. What are your thoughts on the names? I've heard that some games they play accurately and others not so much? I dont know anything at all about them. Do you like yours?

They seem pretty accurate to me, but what do I know.....I don't notice any lag at all....my guess is if u had an original u would definitely feel the difference, but for most people they would have zero clue.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes I like the play, you can play PS2 and some PS# games on it, has a track ball for Golden Tee and centipede type games. I would say the only drawback is if you do not know the platform a game is played on it could/would be daunting to look through 26,000 games for it. takes up no room and is plug and play so long as it has an HDMI port. I also have a PS2 controller and a keyboard that can be used as well for those games that need them to play correctly.

20190717_110104 (resized).jpg20190717_110104 (resized).jpg20190717_110130 (resized).jpg20190717_110130 (resized).jpg
#197 3 years ago

I remember you showing that to me now. That is pretty cool. Did you make that or buy it or what?

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Is it really that good of a game?

Frank Dux thinks it is

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I remember you showing that to me now. That is pretty cool. Did you make that or buy it or what?

Bought the parts and all I had to do was put it together. Think it cost me $250-270.00. I like the Arcade1up's cabinets so I'm planning on getting my fav's and line them up.

#200 3 years ago

The 1-up Star Wars doesn't have lag where the original arcade game does - when you blow up the death star, there's so many vectors on the screen drawing the tunnel effect that the game visibly slows down. When I played the 1up I specifically looked for this lag.

For the nostalgia set, 1up is fine. For the more stringent collector, mame or better (original cab) is fine as well.

In the case of 1up, I didn't really have a choice. It became available and my GF ordered it without checking because she wanted it. (Star Wars fan)

I did however refuse to remove one of the pinballs from the basement to "fit it in" - it lives next to another game now and gets moved when I have to take the glass off the game opposite.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/4?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.