20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
20230204_155904 (resized).jpg

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I still don't know why anyone would consider an Arcade 1up at full price, when you can, well could....get one of these for $500/$600.
https://www.atgames.net/arcades/features/

How's the community support for ATGames?

I don't own any vids and the pin space is pretty much 'full up', but I could fit in a vid or two (ideally a cocktail table version). So a 1Up occasionally sparks my interest. With all the community support, it sure is appealing - but the ATGames looks very interesting too if supported well by the community.

#102 3 years ago

1Ups are a lot of fun period and are popular partly due to price and due to the nostalgic factor. Sure they're not 100% the same as the original but they are damn close so close I think only the purist in arcade players really notice the difference. I personally think they are a great value for the hours of fun I've watched people enjoying playing them and oh yeah, they save space!

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sure they're not 100% the same as the original but they are damn close so close I think only the purist in arcade players really notice the difference. I personally think they are a great value for the hours of fun I've watched people enjoying playing them and oh yeah, they save space!

The 1ups are great for people who just want to play around with the classic arcade games. If you really want to *play* the games, a better rig is recommended.

Most people seem to fall in the former category.

Me? I need the CRT for authenticity so the 1ups aren't my cup o tea.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Me? I need the CRT for authenticity so the 1ups aren't my cup o tea.

I get it, no different with me and 80's pinball machines. I prefer them over the modern pins for their simplicities and the fact that I lived their introduction and at the time it was mind blowing technology. Not a good comparison I know. You can change the controls in the 1ups if you like and I'm sure many do. I just think the fun factor far out weighs the menial cost of purchasing. I remember when pong came out we were like hell yeah this is really big time, lol, little did we know.

#105 3 years ago

Get one if your interested in a certain game. I think they are a great cheaper alternative to the real arcade machines. I have Star Wars, Golden Tee, and the Asteroids cabinets. Star Wars is hands down the best due to the unique controls and my memory of this nostalgic game. They compliment my small arcade room nicely. Hope they make 720 and Dragons Lair.

#106 3 years ago

In my opinion, these are absolutely worth the price. They look nice and play like the originals. Sure, they are not beat-em-up arcade quality, but they are just as fun to play and as cool to use for gameroom decor. We have a few of the smaller ones that we bought on clearance after the holiday season. Maybe they were $100 to $200.

For comparison purposes, we also own this and I think the 1UPs were a much better value.
https://www.sharperimage.com/si/view/product/Pac-Man%E2%80%99s+Pixel+Bash+Cocktail+Table/206753?p=plist2470005&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=&Keyword=&device=c&creative=&cm_mmc=CPC-_-Google-_--_-&network=o&matchtype=e&adpos=&creative=&mkwid=bJrXkm4v|pkw||pcrid||pmt|e|pdv|c|slid||&msclkid=1a83d573805317929bc28a629bdf09ca

Some of them also have other games hidden that you can unlock. Finally, you may want to get one with the controls already there for whatever games you later add via hack.

#107 3 years ago

I posted earlier that I wish I put the $ toward a pro cabinet .We have a modded 1up plays 805 including pinball FX3 with side flippers,soundbar,led lights ect .we have been playing a new game just about every night .I take back what I said for the $ it’s well worth it with the variety it has and takes up little space as I have 1 unit with all the games and more.I would search one of these out or just mod it yourself .

#108 3 years ago

This will probably be one of the last announcements for this year, or early next year. Arcade1up has done a great job listening to customers, and this one has been asked for before in live streams with them. They know it will sell well, so it will be released. With trade shows being cancelled this year, I think it messed up their schedule to announce things.

Arcade1up has always made cabinets with unique controls, as they make more games I’d assume games like 720 will come too.

#109 3 years ago

I know that i spent too much on the BurgerTime cabinet because i really will probably only play BurgerTime but i do love that game. More than anything though i love the cabinet art and i think it will look nice in my game room. If i enjoy playing it and it makes me happy to look at it then its worth it to me. Time will tell i guess. I just wanted to try it to see if i like them.

#110 3 years ago

I replaced the buttons on Galaga with HAPP controls and it plays great. Really nice little unit!

#111 3 years ago

Not really poll related. It was interesting to hear on the blahcade podcast that arcade 1up looked at making real pinball machines before going the virtual route they are going to launch this year. Basically they came to the quick conclusion there was just no way to do it at the price point they target.

#112 3 years ago

I owned a Star Wars original and always regretted selling it. So when 1UP released their Star Wars model it was a must have. Putting it together was fairly easy (the topside marquee is annoying to get together). Overall I've enjoyed it. People say the game play lags in comparison to the original and I have to say that if it does it's ever so slightly slower. Definitely not not an experience ruin-er that's for sure.
Buy the 1UP games off Walmart.com as they're about $50 cheaper than anyone else WITH free delivery.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I know that i spent too much on the BurgerTime cabinet

Money well spent brother you will enjoy your game and likely some of the others. I bought Galaga and it also has Galaxian, everyone loves the Galaga and plays the hell out of it but hardly anyone plays Galaxian including me. I still think it's some of the best money I've spent just for the fun it provides to so many and myself.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

How's the community support for ATGames?
I don't own any vids and the pin space is pretty much 'full up', but I could fit in a vid or two (ideally a cocktail table version). So a 1Up occasionally sparks my interest. With all the community support, it sure is appealing - but the ATGames looks very interesting too if supported well by the community.

I'm not really sure, but I know it's been covered quite a bit on YouTube, and by ETA Prime, so this definitely isn't a niche product. I think the benefits for this over a 1up are controls, larger display, and even easier to mod.

Also, it's larger, which is good and bad for others. I just wish the Arcade 1up with riser wasn't still so dinky.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

just wish the Arcade 1up with riser wasn't still so dinky.

Rumor has it they are looking into making full size cabs..

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The last customer survey they sent out, they straight up asked if customers were interested in full size cabinets.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This will probably be one of the last announcements for this year, or early next year. Arcade1up has done a great job listening to customers, and this one has been asked for before in live streams with them. They know it will sell well, so it will be released. With trade shows being cancelled this year, I think it messed up their schedule to announce things.
Arcade1up has always made cabinets with unique controls, as they make more games I’d assume games like 720 will come too.

Dragon's Lair would be a big seller. I remember it being the first game to charge $.50, so I think A1UP could charge more for it. But isn't the game just memorizing series of moves (L,R,U,D or sword) and wouldn't that get a little boring for home used once you had it memorized?

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

The last customer survey they sent out, they straight up asked if customers were interested in full size cabinets.

And I straight up told them no.

The size is like 3/4 the charm of the things.

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from marcus0202:

Dragon's Lair would be a big seller. I remember it being the first game to charge $.50, so I think A1UP could charge more for it. But isn't the game just memorizing series of moves (L,R,U,D or sword) and wouldn't that get a little boring for home used once you had it memorized?

I remember that game well when it came out, it was quite unique.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Oaken:

And I straight up told them no.
The size is like 3/4 the charm of the things.

My problem is I'm afraid that on going to get addicted to these damn things and I dont have any room to put them, my little gameroom is pretty much maxed out. I have noticed that they seem to be an addiction for a lot of people who own them.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I hadn't heard that....

Bet they'd push $1000 for that, which would be really, really pricey.

Dude, you better mod this thing, or I doubt you'll play it much after a few weeks....

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I hadn't heard that....
Bet they'd push $1000 for that, which would be really, really pricey.
Dude, you better mod this thing, or I doubt you'll play it much after a few weeks....

That was another one of my thoughts about this cabinet is if I were to ever mod one this would be a great cabinet to mod because it looks so nice.

#123 3 years ago

Dragon's lair would be awesome... but I will warn you... it is an awful game. It basically the equivalent to one of those games you could play on a DVD player. I have an original... and it is a huge draw for people that come over... until they play a couple of games.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My problem is I'm afraid that on going to get addicted to these damn things and I dont have any room to put them, my little gameroom is pretty much maxed out. I have noticed that they seem to be an addiction for a lot of people who own them.

Pretty much. I keep looking at their catalog and going “one to mod for fighters, one to mod for 4 player, one to mod for spinners, one to mod for light gun, one to mod for trackball...“

#125 3 years ago

Picked up a Street Fighter 2 for $75. Perfect size for a 3 year old.

Also, picked up another Street Fighter 2 with a button issue for $20 I’m going to MAME for him...

#126 3 years ago

They are cool! I get lots of play time on my machines and my kids love them, too. Finally an affordable way to own my favorite arcade machines from my youth.

Covid has made for some availability issues lately. I have been all over town looking for a riser for Rampage with no success. But they'll be back.

0702201556b (resized).jpg0702201556b (resized).jpg
#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

They are cool! I get lots of play time on my machines and my kids love them, too. Finally an affordable way to own my favorite arcade machines from my youth.
Covid has made for some availability issues lately. I have been all over town looking for a riser for Rampage with no success. But they'll be back.
[quoted image]

They have the risers on their website ready to order. But shipping is more expensive. I just went to Lowes and had them cut a board for me. SOme stores charge extra for more then 2 cuts but it's only like 25 cents a cut.

94899733_10157557823718264_5955175067338932224_n (resized).jpg94899733_10157557823718264_5955175067338932224_n (resized).jpg
#128 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That was another one of my thoughts about this cabinet is if I were to ever mod one this would be a great cabinet to mod because it looks so nice.

Just drop a 60 in 1 in it. Has Burgertime on it.

#129 3 years ago

I forgot to mention if you are shopping for a deal, Deals.consolekits.com has a tool where you can enter your zip code and it will compare for best prices in your area and online. Easy to spot the Walmart discounts this way.

#130 3 years ago

That deals site is worse than Walmarts online system. I used to watch it but the stock was never right. Even now they still show limited stock on the first gen games at the walmarts around me and they haven't had any in a year.

The risers are a strange situation. I got some in store for $22 at the beginning of the year and should have bought more . A couple of months ago they were selling for $100 + on ebay, not just asking price but selling for that. Just looked and they still are, wow.

#131 3 years ago

I bought my Galaga about a year ago at Walmart for $168.00 and it included the riser.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I bought my Galaga about a year ago at Walmart for $168.00 and it included the riser.

That's a fair deal!

#133 3 years ago

Thanks to brickseek I paid less then $100 for SF, MK, Asteriods, Galaga, and Final Fight. Only problem is that they are still in the box since I know I want to modify them first and haven't felt like doing it yet. Plus I want to build risers since I refuse to pay full price for them when some of these machines only cost me $75. I miss the days when these were always going on clearance.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Building the PC is the easy part but setting everything up to have a nice front end can be overwhelming. I have a MAME machine that cost a few grand when new and it has a really nice trisync crt monitor however the front end is dated and I dread having to start all over. Setting up another front end is pain which is why the machine pretty much just sits there and collects dust. I'll probably just end up paying someone to set mine up since it's not worth the time and hassle for me.

Check out big box / launch box. Nice front end and was easy to setup and import roms. For mame they have lots of game categories and you can make a favorites category so your not overwhelmed with 12k different games.

20200718_231445 (resized).jpg20200718_231445 (resized).jpg20200718_231516 (resized).jpg20200718_231516 (resized).jpg
#135 3 years ago

I can't wait for this one! I'm hoping they do a House of the Dead release. One and Two with the Guns

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think them being smaller is kind of cool, especially for people like yourself that want multiple games. Seven real arcade games like you have would take up an enormous amount of space. Do you know what state this company is located in?

For the money these look really cool. Last year as part of a pinball trade I got a guys really high end MAME system. The guy showed me his receipts and he had well over $4K into the build + time (3 different control panels, light guns, rifles, etc)...The thing is over the top with like 30000 games. All the joysticks and buttons are super high quality along with the really large monitor and cabinet. That being said its way too much machine for what we use it for. We play like 30 games, and if u find a game u like its kind of a pain in the ass to program all the buttons and controls. I am sure your like me in that u remember playing a dozen or so games. I would get one of these cabinets and upgrade to the games u like. Than the game won't get stale over time. Even if your $500-$600 into the game its cheap compared to buying a pinball machine

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Just drop a 60 in 1 in it. Has Burgertime on it.

Exactly what I did. Converted a PAC Man to a 60-1 and an Asteroids to a 19-1 jamma. Very simple to do. No programming required. If your desire is for Burgertime art, you can just change the artwork on the cabinet as I did on my Asteroids cabinet. You could even buy the Burgertime and convert it to a 60-1 and then have PAC Man, Donkey Kong etc.

Bought my jamma kits from a guy in Texas. He can sell you everything you need for your conversions for a fair price and very helpful.

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/products/60-in-1-conversion-kit-for-arcade1up-vertical-machines

https://www.diyretroarcade.com/

#138 3 years ago

The controls are of cheapest quality and the emulation is super laggy. All together I'd say they've put their budget in scoring great licenses and marketing. Not much goes into building machines.

There are a ton of options to get great arcade at home I really don't see the point in arcade 1up

#139 3 years ago

I’ll pick up a Ms. Pac Man cab for my wife.

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The controls are of cheapest quality and the emulation is super laggy. All together I'd say they've put their budget in scoring great licenses and marketing. Not much goes into building machines.
There are a ton of options to get great arcade at home I really don't see the point in arcade 1up

The controls they are using today are supposedly better controls and people seem to be very happy with the gameplay from what I can tell.

As far as the controls go though on the older cabinets couldn't a person buy new joysticks and put them in if they wanted to?

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as the controls go though on the older cabinets couldn't a person buy new joysticks and put them in if they wanted to?

Yes you can get new controls and install them and I agree with those who say they see little if any lag in play.

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The controls they are using today are supposedly better controls and people seem to be very happy with the gameplay from what I can tell.

Yes, you can change all of the buttons and joysticks. Replacements cost little to nothing for good controls.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from LukyDuck:

Yes, you can change all of the buttons and joysticks. Replacements cost little to nothing for good controls.

Yeah, I agree. Replacing the controls is a pretty simple project. As far as lag.... I don't ever remember experiencing it in any of my (8) cabinets.

#144 3 years ago

I was going to use these guys. Anyone have any experience with their work?

http://thearcadegamefactory.com/product-category/arcade1up-mods/?orderby=popularity

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was going to use these guys. Anyone have any experience with their work?
http://thearcadegamefactory.com/product-category/arcade1up-mods/?orderby=popularity

Never used them. My friends and I usually get stuff from here.
https://www.diyretroarcade.com/

#146 3 years ago

Sitting here wiring up my 60 in 1 cab now. Hate splicing/stripping all these damn wires.

#147 3 years ago

I had a few of these 1up arcades now I only have Mortal Kombat but the reason I got rid of them was this machine 633 arcade games 519 pinball tables plus a bunch of Zen studio tables.

20191027_190720 (resized).jpg20191027_190720 (resized).jpg
#148 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to do video grabs from an Arcade 1up cabinet? What kind of connector/adapter do I need to connect to the HDMI side of an Elgato capture device? Is it even possible?

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from spyderken:

I had a few of these 1up arcades now I only have Mortal Kombat but the reason I got rid of them was this machine 633 arcade games 519 pinball tables plus a bunch of Zen studio tables.
[quoted image]

Looks great! I looked the name up online and it’s a Singapore company that charges 3k sgd which equals out to about $2,100 USD, would that be about right? I would pay as much as $1,200 for that but that’s probably my limit.

#150 3 years ago

I have owned multiple real arcade games and I would say these are less durable than real arcade games but if smaller size and lighter weight are desirable to you, they are pretty cool. The quality of the arcade simulation is spot on with no lag so I have no idea what some people are talking about with that complaint. I've owned and played the following cabs from them: Asteroids, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, 12 in 1, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rampage, Pac-Man, Marvel Super Heroes. They get better with time (as in the newer cabs are better than the old) but you have to purchase the risers to make them close to normal size and the older cabs will need control panel protectors and upgraded joysticks. At full price, I would say they are not worth it. But if you can get a decent discount of $100 or more, go for it.

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/3?hl=mafia_metals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.