20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.
#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:Finished up a new Robotron Multi-Williams game. Used a Mortal Kombat cab, 19 in 1 pcb and custom control panel. It’s got a 20” Dell, lighted marquee and kill switch to lock off the left and right movement when playing Defender and Stargate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good in the lineup. Can't wait to put some time on it.

20230220_200930 (resized).jpg20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
#1302 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Always worth a shot but it will definitely take the right person who likes 1ups, wants that many and has a black hole pinball.

Hate to break it to him, but said person does not exist

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Hate to break it to him, but said person does not exist

You need to get out more cause I just made a trade and had to give up only 800 bucks to boot! Will be going to deliver and pickup this Sat., I am pumped!

2 weeks later
#1304 1 year ago

Got my graphics in.

20230312_085253 (resized).jpg20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
#1305 1 year ago

Partycade Collection growing!Walmart says not selling the Arcade 1up units anymore in Canada?..that’s dumb,, not sure if they will continue On-line. I get better deals through marketplace anyhow.

04306AF5-38E5-4964-8DEE-5AB465D4F196 (resized).jpeg04306AF5-38E5-4964-8DEE-5AB465D4F196 (resized).jpeg
#1306 1 year ago

The pacman is addictive..Ms Pacman next and then Defender!

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Got my graphics in.
[quoted image]

WOW! That turned out really good. The red edge banding matches perfect too.

#1308 1 year ago

Recent patch had my Tron, Centipede legacy, and class of ‘81 perform an update. Tron and centipede went just fine, but my class of ‘81 got bricked. Starts to the main menu and then freezes and causes a screen flicker. Can’t press any buttons or do anything. If anyone knows how to re-install an update manually, let me know. Wrote A1Up yesterday and they responded quick, but gave me a cookie cutter response of checking power issues. Wrote them back that it’s a software issue, so waiting to hear back again.

#1309 1 year ago

Picked up MS Pacman yesterday!

35064E26-9D40-41A4-9C49-8F9E5AAC333F (resized).jpeg35064E26-9D40-41A4-9C49-8F9E5AAC333F (resized).jpeg
#1310 1 year ago

Can’t wait to add the stools, very happy with number of games ,performance/look/space saving.

ms Pacman adds pacman plus, my favourite version

#1311 1 year ago

Walmart prices are goofy. Easily available on marketplace/kijiji

325$ Plus tax for units left for sale at Walmart. US folks..we get no discounts/fire sales and pay premium.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Picked up MS Pacman yesterday!
[quoted image]

Looks nice Dunky..minus that maple leafs banner!

#1313 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Recent patch had my Tron, Centipede legacy, and class of ‘81 perform an update. Tron and centipede went just fine, but my class of ‘81 got bricked. Starts to the main menu and then freezes and causes a screen flicker. Can’t press any buttons or do anything. If anyone knows how to re-install an update manually, let me know. Wrote A1Up yesterday and they responded quick, but gave me a cookie cutter response of checking power issues. Wrote them back that it’s a software issue, so waiting to hear back again.

I might be making this memory up, but I thought I read somewhere there was a way to reload it via the SD Card, but I can't seem to find it.

#1314 1 year ago

You'll have to do some google foo to figure it out, but you can upload a new image to an SD drive and then stick it back in your machine. The directions on this and the images used to be on the arcade 1up website until someone figured out you could throw the Simpsons image on the turtles machine and it would work. There is a "soft mod" community of loading different images into some of the android based versions of these machines. I never fell down that rabbit hole... only (outsourced) jamma based rebuilds of machines into other games (ROBOTRON!, 60in1!)

#1315 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I might be making this memory up, but I thought I read somewhere there was a way to reload it via the SD Card, but I can't seem to find it.

A1Up has been helping me out with this so I'll update when a solution comes. We have narrowed it down to something to do with going live, as I can unplug the WiFi antennae and the game boots and plays perfectly, just no leader boards of course. With power on, if I plug the antennae back in and try to go live, the game will go right back into the freeze with flicker, but while still powered I can go and unplug the antennae again and the machine starts working again.

#1316 1 year ago

Also see that mvc2 is now live.

On another note, A1Up also has a new app that’ll be linked to when booting a lot of the online cabs. I’m thinking that’s what’s giving my class of ‘81 cab an issue.

1 week later
#1317 1 year ago

I'm doing some Spring cleaning as the wife said I can't buy any new games until I clean our garage out of projects, which I've got a real Asteroids Deluxe and Centipede cocktail in the video game thread, and I've got several Arcade1UPs that I don't need anymore.

Space Invaders
Final Fight
Galaga
Centipede
Rampage
Street Fighter
Tempest (w/upgraded slanted lit marquee)
NBA Jam
Asteroids (w/upgraded spinner)
Mortal Kombat II (PCB is bad and they are sending me a new one)

If anyone is interested, let me know and I can send you the link to FB or Craiglist for the pictures and PM me and I'd be willing to let them go in the "family" for less than what the ads are for.

1 week later
#1318 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a Yoga Flame? I need to get this one moved. No room anymore. Open to offers.

20230202_162936 (resized).jpg20230202_162936 (resized).jpg
#1319 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Wanted to follow up on the issue I was having. It really seemed like I had software corruption that was causing the game to freeze when going live. Anyways, A1Up ended up just sending me a new board with updated code. I installed it yesterday and now all is good and I'm back online.

#1320 1 year ago

There was a booth with several 1Ups in it at Wondercon 2023 this past weekend. Got to try the Finished version of Sta Wars, seems like the flight Yoke is a bit sturdier than on the prototype I played at San Diego Comic Con in 2019. It definitely felt more like the Arcade controls.
Tried Dragons Lair. As good as the video was, it seems like there was a lag in the controls.
The real let down was Killer Instinct. It plays well, but the Graphics were awful. Way to much pixelation and artifacting.
Wish I had a chance to try Teminator 2 though.
4DC9ABA7-81A2-412D-9DEB-2C17650CC1D4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4DC9ABA7-81A2-412D-9DEB-2C17650CC1D4_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

#1321 1 year ago

Hey there, I’ve got a TMNT cabinet with a modded deck (4 player, 6 buttons per, coin up buttons, etc.), LED buttons, and set up with a raspberry pi 4. I don’t currently have a decent sd card for it, but I’m looking to move it on and not sure what to ask. Anyone have a good idea for a price on something like this?

#1322 1 year ago
Quoted from TheShadowsNose:

Hey there, I’ve got a TMNT cabinet with a modded deck (4 player, 6 buttons per, coin up buttons, etc.), LED buttons, and set up with a raspberry pi 4. I don’t currently have a decent sd card for it, but I’m looking to move it on and not sure what to ask. Anyone have a good idea for a price on something like this?

500 to 700 on Facebook marketplace.

#1323 1 year ago

500 to 700 on Facebook marketplace.

Cool! Very helpful, and much appreciated. Anyone interested in a straight trade for an unmodded marvel vs capcom 2?

1 month later
#1324 11 months ago

Anyone planning on getting the Fast & Furious and linking a few of them? Too bad about the reduced lineup of cars.

#1325 11 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Anyone planning on getting the Fast & Furious and linking a few of them? Too bad about the reduced lineup of cars.

Heard rumours you couldn't actually link them. WOuld confirm.

#1326 11 months ago

Heard rumours you couldn't actually link them. WOuld confirm.

They just released an update that supports up to four, though they say up to 8 may work, but that many is not supported. Connection is via wifi or hardwired.

#1327 11 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Saw a YouTube stream of two games playing together. Looks pretty decent actually. It's tempting.

1 month later
#1328 9 months ago

Spent my young life in arcades late mid 70's through the early 90's. I collect and restore EM arcades. At one point had 17 - 500lb arcades. Currently have 9. I enjoy restoring them. Still yearned for some golden age and fighting titles so went with 2-4500 Wifi Pandoras Boxes. Upgraded controls to Sanwa. 4 way gates didn't do it for me. So I found a gutted Space Invaders in the trash and built a 60-1 with a true 4 way control. Love the game play this board provides. Yet it still left me wanting for more.

Last November I came across A1U while searching for Tron controls. Didn't know anything about AIU or that it existed until then. Now I have 6. Tron, Joust Legacy, Tempest Legacy, Ridge Racer, Dragons Lair, Golden Tee 3D, and Star Wars. My point is these are not arcade quality but I knew that going in. Did my research as anyone that is a collector should. What I will say is I've had the time of my life with doing mods to these games to obtain accuracy in game play. Some mods are great that are offered by 3rd parties. Some not so great.

What the A1U community needs to grasp is these original titles in great condition restored would cost upwards of $20K. The originals had their issues too and most didn't play the originals. Monitors, controls, boards, buttons etc. For a fraction of the cost I have the golden age nostalgia I've been yearning for.

Will post some specific mods by game and my thoughts on what worked well for me an what I would pass on if I knew what I know now.

#1329 9 months ago
Quoted from OHEMIO:

Spent my young life in arcades late mid 70's through the early 90's. I collect and restore EM arcades. At one point had 17 - 500lb arcades. Currently have 9. I enjoy restoring them. Still yearned for some golden age and fighting titles so went with 2-4500 Wifi Pandoras Boxes. Upgraded controls to Sanwa. 4 way gates didn't do it for me. So I found a gutted Space Invaders in the trash and built a 60-1 with a true 4 way control. Love the game play this board provides. Yet it still left me wanting for more.
Last November I came across A1U while searching for Tron controls. Didn't know anything about AIU or that it existed until then. Now I have 6. Tron, Joust Legacy, Tempest Legacy, Ridge Racer, Dragons Lair, Golden Tee 3D, and Star Wars. My point is these are not arcade quality but I knew that going in. Did my research as anyone that is a collector should. What I will say is I've had the time of my life with doing mods to these games to obtain accuracy in game play. Some mods are great that are offered by 3rd parties. Some not so great.
What the A1U community needs to grasp is these original titles in great condition restored would cost upwards of $20K. The originals had their issues too and most didn't play the originals. Monitors, controls, boards, buttons etc. For a fraction of the cost I have the golden age nostalgia I've been yearning for.
Will post some specific mods by game and my thoughts on what worked well for me an what I would pass on if I knew what I know now.

I've kind of gone the other way. I had 6-7 1ups at one point. I have 2 left and one is for sale.

At the same time I have added in my first real game (Defender) and 3 more pinball machines. For me now less is more. My true love is pinball and the feeling of a real arcade just isn't there in the same way for me in an Arcade1up. Some are better than others. Tron, Star Wars and Dragons Lair are among the best IMO. I think Arcade1up should make some more of the XL cabinets which definitely feel better, not sure if that will happen.

1 month later
#1330 7 months ago

Anyone looking to sell a A1UP Outrun? Missed out on the OG run and thought they would run the again, but alas it appears not.

2 weeks later
#1331 7 months ago

I have bought/sold/traded a bunch of one ups and really like them.

What these are than none of the other solutions are is super kid friendly. If you have kids over they can walk up to it, push a button, and play a currated list of great games. You can mod them and go nuts, but a stock arcade1up is great. Bestbuy usually has one of display if you want to try one out https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arcade1up-class-of-81-deluxe-arcade-game/6538281.p?skuId=6538281

I've done MAMES, PIs, and other multicades and you can spend alot of time configuring things that are too difficult for guests to operate.

I personally have spent just as much time on my Outrun Arcade1up as I have many of my pins. The arcade correct controls are awesome.

They are also great platforms for modding... I have one with a 60 in 1 board in it and a Robotron Williams multicade board in it I got from arcademojo (recommended).

Bear in mind that some of these have limited replay value. If you pick up a T2, Ninja Turtles, or Simpsons kids will play everytime they visit and you might play it twice, but there are only so many times you can do it.

Galaga/Ms Pac Man, Golden Tee, and Blitz have been our biggest hits.

They also make great arcade decorations.

Are they as good as the real thing? of course not! But how much space would a Galaga and a Ms. Pacman take up in your basement? An arcade1up takes up 1/2 the size of a pin. Does everyone need a lineup next to their pins? No. But a single one up can give your arcade a little diversity.

Also note that these come in a flat box and take 2 hours of Ikea style assembly unless you get one off of Facebook Marketplace/Craigslist.

Thread on these.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/27#post-7742252

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1332 7 months ago

Anyone in the Pittsburgh area interested in buying an AtGames Legends Pinball, NIB for $500? Picked it up last year, and never got around to opening it up.

#1333 7 months ago
Quoted from OHEMIO:

My point is these are not arcade quality

What about these are "not arcade quality" ? If this refers to the cabinet, I’m ok with that. If it means gameplay or the quality / responsiveness of the joystick or the monitor, I’ll be more concerned.

#1334 7 months ago

Can anyone comment on how good the track ball is on the Partycade that has Centipede & Missile Command?

If it is lousy, how hard would it be to replace it with a better quality track ball?

#1335 7 months ago

I found one and answered the question. Track ball was a little rough, but played ok on Centipede. Was real sluggish on Missile Command. Like going from a computer where the mouse settings are fast to a computer where they are slow.

I’m guessing that the code was accurately ported, but MC expects the large trackball.

Anyway, I didn’t get the game. Too disappointing. Also, the screen flickered some. Garage find.

2 weeks later
#1336 6 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

What about these are "not arcade quality" ? If this refers to the cabinet, I’m ok with that. If it means gameplay or the quality / responsiveness of the joystick or the monitor, I’ll be more concerned.

There's definitely a difference in the gameplay responsiveness. In a number of the games I owned, including Centipede and Star Wars, there's a noticeable difference (to me at least) in responsiveness between controls and an action actually occurring on screen. I used to own an actual Centipede cabinet, and still own an Atari Star Wars cabinet, and the difference between those and their Arcade1Up counterparts are night and day. I'm so used to the responsiveness on the real games, that I can never reach the same scores on the Arcade1Up games.

Furthermore, a number of titles, there are small details that they slipped on, that make all the difference in the world for me. For example Asteroids Deluxe is only set to 2 ships (not 3). Burger Time is using an 8-way joystick (which makes it difficult to control, since the original uses a 4-way joystick). Those kind of details are maddening.

I think for most people, who've never owned a real arcade cabinet, it's probably good enough. At the end of the day, they're toys, made by folks in the toy and console industries, not arcade collectors/enthusiasts. So if you're hoping for a somewhat close-to-accurate experience, just know it's hit or miss at best.

#1337 6 months ago

japespin

Thank you very much. That’s what I needed to know. Responsiveness is a dealbreaker for me.

#1338 6 months ago

Why would the responsiveness be different on what should be the same software? Different chip architecture ?

#1339 6 months ago
Quoted from undrdog:

japespin
Thank you very much. That’s what I needed to know. Responsiveness is a dealbreaker for me.

Listen to me my friend. Go to Best Buy. Go play one on display. They are perfectly responsive to the point fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct work fine.

There are only 2 types of oneups I strongly recommend against.

1. The pinball machines. They are unplayable. I tried one again at the Allentown show and if you hit the button while the ball is on the flipper it will drain.
2. Tempest. For whatever reason these were all shipped with bad panels and they break within weeks.

A used 1up off of Craigslist of facebook marketplace is practically free. Buy it, keep it 6 months, then sell it/trade it for what you have in it.

The class of 81 stuff is my favorite. Dig Dug, Galaga, and Pacman all play great. All are fine on a stool.

Seriously, go to Best Buy and play the Display. You will instantly know if its gold or crap.

#1340 6 months ago

Not all 1ups are created equal. There are definitely a few gems like Atari Star Wars and SF Yoga Flame. The new Pac-Man XL at Costco that just came out is a great Namco game machine for $599 USD. Sadly poor quality parts and screens hinder many others. Definitely stay away from the virtual pinball machines.

I had about 6-7 of them at one point, I have 2 left. I think they are ok but definitely do some research before buying and used is the way to go to save a pile of $. Resale is generally pretty poor.

3 months later
#1341 74 days ago

I’m in the club!
I love this thing

IMG_9827 (resized).jpegIMG_9827 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1342 61 days ago

Listen to me my friend. Go to Best Buy. Go play one on display. They are perfectly responsive to the point fighting games like Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct work fine.
There are only 2 types of oneups I strongly recommend against.
1. The pinball machines. They are unplayable. I tried one again at the Allentown show and if you hit the button while the ball is on the flipper it will drain.
2. Tempest. For whatever reason these were all shipped with bad panels and they break within weeks.
A used 1up off of Craigslist of facebook marketplace is practically free. Buy it, keep it 6 months, then sell it/trade it for what you have in it.
The class of 81 stuff is my favorite. Dig Dug, Galaga, and Pacman all play great. All are fine on a stool.
Seriously, go to Best Buy and play the Display. You will instantly know if its gold or crap.

How has your Golden Tee held up . Any issues with the track ball ?

#1343 61 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

How has your Golden Tee held up . Any issues with the track ball ?

I traded it a while back after enjoying it a few months and never had any reliability issues with it. My one complaint on it was the monitor. It was the cheapest monitor you could possibly put in, and as a taller person the colors were all washed out when playing from a standing position. Could play just fine seated though. Gameplay wise it was great and the online leaderboards made things lots of fun. Great toy to pick up, play a few months, then sell/trade. 8/10 would recommend if you can find used and put together on facebook or craigslist at a discount.

#1344 60 days ago

Thank you.

#1345 58 days ago

Anyone got a burger time that they’re sick of?

#1346 58 days ago

Picked up 2 used cabs on the weekend. Great deals on these out there.

Atari Centipede Legacy - pretty good game play but the screen isn't the best. Beautiful art on the machine though.

SFII Shinku Hadoken Edition - Beautiful cabinet and plays well - recommended at a good price!

1 month later
#1348 11 days ago

I see Arcade 1up has Golden Tee 3D Golf Deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition for pre-order. $500USD at Best Buy. I’m considering ordering one, and I’m wondering if there are any opinions or experiences with Arcade 1up Golden Tee, before I commit to ordering one.

https://arcade1up.com/products/golden-tee-deluxe

#1349 11 days ago
Quoted from sawbill:

I see Arcade 1up has Golden Tee 3D Golf Deluxe 35th Anniversary Edition for pre-order. $500USD at Best Buy. I’m considering ordering one, and I’m wondering if there are any opinions or experiences with Arcade 1up Golden Tee, before I commit to ordering one.

I'm also considering this game. It has a better but smaller monitor than the Golden Tee XL. There were a lot of complaints that the XL screen looked washed out. I might even wait until the fall to see if they come down to 400.00 like the PAC Man XL did. I'll keep an eye on them since I'm in no real hurry to get one.
Its a shame the XL doesn't come with a BOE monitor. I have no idea if they ever plan on releasing an XL with the better monitor. I think Santaeatscheese had one ,so he'd be the guy to talk to about getting one.

#1350 10 days ago
Quoted from sawbill:

Be careful with the reviews on YouTube. The place is loaded with Arcade 1up shills.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.