20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

The sound is a little tinny is all. I have 20+ of these and within my arcade setting, it doesn't bother me. Also, if you don't update Simpsons, the bowling has no sound at all, but once you update, it works fine

Thank you for the response

#1252 1 year ago

Where's CADASH? ;/

#1253 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Where's CADASH? ;/

Yes please! I would also love to see a shooter like R-Type or Raiden.

#1254 1 year ago

Thinking about trying to trade some of my arcade1up games for a Black Hole pin. This is what I have to work with: Galaga, Marvel vs Capcom (Street Fighter version), Legends Ultimate, BBH, Pacman (wall unit) and finally a Toy Shock Black Hole pin. What do you think, maybe a combination possible to get a trade?

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Thinking about trying to trade some of my arcade1up games for a Black Hole pin. This is what I have to work with: Galaga, Marvel vs Capcom (Street Fighter version), Legends Ultimate, BBH, Pacman (wall unit) and finally a Toy Shock Black Hole pin. What do you think, maybe a combination possible to get a trade?

Always worth a shot but it will definitely take the right person who likes 1ups, wants that many and has a black hole pinball. Maybe try a wanted add and offer them all to let them choose what they would all want. You’d still have to add a decent amount of cash id think even if they take a few

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Where's CADASH? ;/

Never enough love for Cadash. The first arcade RPG element game, really other than the never to be mentioned Tower of Druaga.

#1257 1 year ago

Snowy Christmas, on-line gameplay works finally, couldn't resist.

Go Bills Go!

20221224_101947~2 (resized).jpg20221224_101947~2 (resized).jpg

#1258 1 year ago

Pretty sweet

20221225_002659 (resized).jpg20221225_002659 (resized).jpg
#1259 1 year ago

So the Ridge Racer was a big hit, the kids love it and the adults were all taking turns playing it. It definitely works better as a sit-down so all sizes of people can play it. Would I pay $600-700 for it, no, but it is making a nice addition to our arcade lineup. Now just to get it moved to the game room!

20221226_144946 (resized).jpg20221226_144946 (resized).jpg
#1260 1 year ago

Anyone have any of the tiny pinball machines? Thinking about getting one and just leaving the legs off of it for my son to play and beat up on.

#1261 1 year ago

How long does it take to

Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Yes please! I would also love to see a shooter like R-Type or Raiden.

I see Neo Geo rolled their own version of this? That's when I should bust out the bucks!

#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Anyone have any of the tiny pinball machines? Thinking about getting one and just leaving the legs off of it for my son to play and beat up on.

Horrible flipper lag and jagged graphics. I wouldn't. I sold mine after a month.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Horrible flipper lag and jagged graphics. I wouldn't. I sold mine after a month.

I’m just thinking something for the little guy to actual be able to stand over and learn to play on and beat up and drool on it and I won’t feel bad. Lol. But that does suck if it’s that bad still needs to be functional.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I bought one and it was a disappointment, graphics were okay but flipper lag is bad. Mlne was a Toyshock

#1265 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

I bought one and it was a disappointment, graphics were okay but flipper lag is bad. Mlne was a Toyshock

Agree completely on the Williams table about the lag. However, I don’t notice the lag on Star Wars and marvel tables.

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Agree completely on the Williams table about the lag. However, I don’t notice the lag on Star Wars and marvel tables.

Mine is the Black Hole

#1267 1 year ago

Since the arcade1ups were on such deep sale lately I ended up receiving the T2 cab and the simpsons cabs for christmas. I actually really enjoy them and think they are a ton of fun.

We've had the super pac-man one for a while and liked it, but getting a couple more has been way more fun than i thought.

If you want to upgrade the monitor and games in your arcade1up pin, here are some rough links: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2768572869834975/posts/9240923719266492/

#1268 1 year ago

Anyone tried the virtual table, I think it’s called the infinity table?

Looking at the same thing. Low to the ground for little kids

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Since the arcade1ups were on such deep sale lately I ended up receiving the T2 cab and the simpsons cabs for christmas. I actually really enjoy them and think they are a ton of fun.

My buddy keeps going on about 1ups saying they are crap and aren't the same scale as my pins.

To me it's a whole separate thing, I don't care if they are scale. Have to check reviews though, some do have issues and design flaws. Love my Blitz and Buck Hunter cabs especially. For the money (especially on sale) they are really fun.

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

My buddy keeps going on about 1ups saying they are crap and aren't the same scale as my pins.
To me it's a whole separate thing, I don't care if they are scale. Have to check reviews though, some do have issues and design flaws. Love my Blitz and Buck Hunter cabs especially. For the money (especially on sale) they are really fun.

I know a good number of people that put down the arcade1ups, but all I can say is "to each his own".

There are a lot of non-purists getting joy out of having half a dozen arcade1ups. Living a little bit of their dream and having an arcade in their house.

The cabs are also teaching a lot of unskilled people about raspberry pi mods, etc. I think that's a cool side effect.

I've owned lots of "real" arcades and pins, and I still think arcade1up has a place in a line up.

20221221_185652 (resized).jpg20221221_185652 (resized).jpg

#1271 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I know a good number of people that put down the arcade1ups, but all I can say is "to each his own".
There are a lot of non-purists getting joy out of having half a dozen arcade1ups. Living a little bit of their dream and having an arcade in their house.
The cabs are also teaching a lot of unskilled people about raspberry pi mods, etc. I think that's a cool side effect.
I've owned lots of "real" arcades and pins, and I still think arcade1up has a place in a line up.

I've only ever had one "Real" Arcade... a Goldentee 2003 Complete. HEAVY! I have a Goldentee XL arcade1up in my basement right now. I honestly have played that 1up more than the "real" one. Why? I personally like playing against other people's scores on the leaderboards. I'm going after "Vladdamir Puttin'" right now. It's great.

When I'm tired of it I'll be able to trade/sell it for $100ish less than I have in it without breaking my back.

1 week later
#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

For friends and neighbors visiting the 1ups are very approachable and most are familiar with Pac-Man, Buck Hunter or Outrun and can just play.

Pinball will be my passion for the rest of days most likely but I will never forget the old arcade game times in high school. Would love to have real arcades also but I'd rather have more pins for the space they take.

#1273 1 year ago

I bought every holiday deal from Arcade 1up, Ridge Racer, NFL Blitz, T2, The Simpsons, Golden Tee 3d, and Killer Instinct. Total cost $1945. The Mando topper is $2000. For what they are I'm very happy with them at around the $300 price tag.

#1274 1 year ago

I was unhappy with the AT Legends pinball and the A1up with baller installer so I converted this toyshock to run a Nintendo Switch. Fun to play and easy to do.

FA574D8F-7EA2-40D7-8F97-492E89209296 (resized).jpegFA574D8F-7EA2-40D7-8F97-492E89209296 (resized).jpeg
#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from Kderrick:

I was unhappy with the AT Legends pinball and the A1up with baller installer so I converted this toyshock to run a Nintendo Switch. Fun to play and easy to do.
[quoted image]

I would love to this on my toyshock

how did you do it?

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from fuzz:

I would love to this on my toyshock
how did you do it?

Asus 23.8 w gaming monitor fits perfectly with existing top and bottom mounting hardware.

https://www.amazon.com/VA249HE-1080P-Monitor-Viewing-Angle/dp/B07HH86RT6

Control was torn apart and hooked to existing buttons with alligator clips while testing. I soldered everything together before assembling.

I used Myflash arcade stick F300

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-F300-Arcade-Joystick-Switch/dp/B019MFPLC0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

A bit more to it but that’s basically it. Back box is lit with a sound activated LED strip

https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-hyrion-Million-Controlled-Bedroom/dp/B08DQXNN5F/ref=mp_s_a_1_9

Sound bar is hidden in back box and sound control is routed to side of cabinet
I got the cheapest one that would fit, can’t find a link.

7DC31A38-3B6F-4A58-9FD1-42A2BB413D82 (resized).jpeg7DC31A38-3B6F-4A58-9FD1-42A2BB413D82 (resized).jpeg
#1277 1 year ago

Looks like you have that portrait mode holder as well for the switch. Ran across mine the other day and realized I don't play enough of the over 100 pins on mine.

#1278 1 year ago

For the people who play online.......how is it going? Are there actually people in the lobbies for the game you play on?

I myself play Street Fighter on my Yoga Flame cabinet. For Super Turbo..........there really is nobody online, ever....at least from what I have seen. Surprisingly, Hyper Fighting seems to recently always have 4 - 6 lobbies being used. Although most of the time, it seems only high ranking players are present.

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

For the people who play online.......how is it going? Are there actually people in the lobbies for the game you play on?
I myself play Street Fighter on my Yoga Flame cabinet. For Super Turbo..........there really is nobody online, ever....at least from what I have seen. Surprisingly, Hyper Fighting seems to recently always have 4 - 6 lobbies being used. Although most of the time, it seems only high ranking players are present.

That's correct, if you play a random game you will almost certainly get your ass kicked on SF. LOL

You have to find people on the 1up FB page to play with and organize that way. I do that with NFL Blitz. We have a small group of guys that play and we are all the same skill level which makes it fun.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

That's correct, if you play a random game you will almost certainly get your ass kicked on SF. LOL
You have to find people on the 1up FB page to play with and organize that way. I do that with NFL Blitz. We have a small group of guys that play and we are all the same skill level which makes it fun.

I pretty much do that with people I know (long time friends). We play at certain times and try to use certain lobbies so random strangers dont "barge in."

1 week later
#1281 1 year ago

Blitz has been the most popular by far with my kids.

20230128_150518 (resized).jpg20230128_150518 (resized).jpg
#1282 1 year ago

Arcade1Up Tron for sale with riser in Indian Land, SC for $400 firm. The machine looks brand new. Making room for another pinball.

42F3A4D9-99F4-403D-AA81-78FC022154D3 (resized).jpeg42F3A4D9-99F4-403D-AA81-78FC022154D3 (resized).jpeg75AB357F-CFEF-439A-B6C6-C46E312B7AD7 (resized).jpeg75AB357F-CFEF-439A-B6C6-C46E312B7AD7 (resized).jpeg
#1283 1 year ago

Anyone pick up the dragon's lair?

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Anyone pick up the dragon's lair?

I've got one.

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I've got one.

Yeah , but how heavy is it

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

I pretty much do that with people I know (long time friends). We play at certain times and try to use certain lobbies so random strangers dont "barge in."

Yeah the SF lobbies can be rough. Prepare to lose a lot. Most of the people are cool though. A lot of people from fightcade are starting to play on the 1up lobbies so its only getting rougher. I haven’t played much the last few months but used to play a lot. If your interested PM me and ill send you a link to the discord. A lot of the regulars on there. People are cool and approachable. Most of use are adults that were kids/teenagers when these were popular in the arcades. We sit around and play SF sipping on some beers.

I’m Raziell on there. Feel free to join me or let me know if you want to play. I’m not that good.

#1287 1 year ago

Walmart got the MVC2s back in and mine just arrived yesterday. Box was soaking wet, so bad that it was falling apart as I tried to bring it in. Good parts is that the internals were packed and wrapped so well that the only thing damaged was the cardboard backboard (and just minor staining on that). Anyways, I'm not a pro, but MVC2 plays fine for me. Threw a bunch of games on it and we couldn't detect any slowdown, input lag, or bugs during local play. MVC2 still isn't live, but that doesn't bother me for what it's used for.

Now come on Tekken and Soul Caliber~!!!

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I've got one.

How is the experience compared to the original games? Loved these when I was younger....

#1289 1 year ago

As an arcade purist, I have to admit I’m hooked on these. I still have a dozen original arcades, but I’m buying these. I don’t play arcades enough anymore to justify the originals costs. These satisfy my itch, with no worries about breakdowns. Light weight, and less space. Dragons lair and nfl blitz are really great values on sale. I also have simpsons, tmnt in time, X-men, SF2, nba jam, mk1, Star Wars and dig dug coming. These aren’t the originals, and never will be, but the newer games have been better quality, and replicating the original designs very well for far less cost than dedicated cabs. That all said, I’ll still never buy a virtual pinball.

#1290 1 year ago

Posted my T2 for trade on Facebook an had 12 offers in overnight. Picked NBA jam not thinking through how much wider it is so now Simpsons is listed as I ran out of room. Something needs to go to make room for the Robotron Arcademojo is making for me. So much easier to move and trade than pins.

20230204_155904 (resized).jpg20230204_155904 (resized).jpg
#1291 1 year ago

Took me a long time to sell my T2. Amazon kept having it at $300 at the time, which messed with me a lot. Now, it's back to $550. Oof.

1 week later
#1292 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a Yoga Flame? I'm selling mine. $350. Has upgraded buttons and restrictor gates.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Anyone interested in a Yoga Flame? I'm selling mine. $350. Has upgraded buttons and restrictor gates.

Nice price for an awesome machine!

On a different note, my MVC2 cab is starting to show signs of buggyness. Oddly enough, have yet to encounter any issues with MVC2, but some of the other fighters have had the volume issue, where the sound will randomly increase/decrease during play (you actually see the volume scroller appear on screen as well).

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Nice price for an awesome machine!
On a different note, my MVC2 cab is starting to show signs of buggyness. Oddly enough, have yet to encounter any issues with MVC2, but some of the other fighters have had the volume issue, where the sound will randomly increase/decrease during play (you actually see the volume scroller appear on screen as well).

I had that happen on my Simpsons game. I took it apart and disassembled and reassembled the control deck, down to the boards and connectors, and that cleared it up for me. Seemed to be some loose connections that were getting aggravated by people pushing on the control deck and torquing it, etc...

#1295 1 year ago

I got some 1/2” neon gaffer tape for the edges of my games. I think it looks better C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpegC1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg

8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
#1296 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I got some 1/2” neon gaffer tape for the edges of my games. I think it looks better [quoted image]
[quoted image]

Fun setup!

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I got some 1/2” neon gaffer tape for the edges of my games. I think it looks better [quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice!
How is the flipper lag on the attack from mars pinball? I haven’t followed those for a bit but I know when they first came out it wasn’t great. Also, can you put the other games from their app on it? Would love to put Indiana Jones on it. I have a spot in my “arcade annex” where it would fit perfectly. I have a pop a shot, legends ultimate, air hockey and some kids toys over there and my girls have pretty much outgrown the doc mcstuffins doctor set next to their diner.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

How is the flipper lag on the attack from mars pinball? I haven’t followed those for a bit but I know when they first came out it wasn’t great. Also, can you put the other games from their app on it? Would love to put Indiana Jones on it.

It’s not real pinball, and it’s not great virtual pinball, it’s a cheap toy and the experience is about that good. I’ve updated the software and that helped, but I haven’t downloaded any additional games onto it. If you can have a fun time playing the pinball arcade on an iPad, then you’ll easily have fun on an Arcade1up. I’ve moved the solenoids for force feedback to just under the lockdown bar so you can kinda feel it. I’m pretty sure there’s a couple useful links and a video on how to add games in this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/24#post-7287431

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

How is the experience compared to the original games? Loved these when I was younger....

Hey Mark. I have been buying a bunch of overstock and damaged box games and am still waiting for one of these to appear. The one I have been most impressed with so far is Tron.

#1300 1 year ago

Finished up a new Robotron Multi-Williams game. Used a Mortal Kombat cab, 19 in 1 pcb and custom control panel. It’s got a 20” Dell, lighted marquee and kill switch to lock off the left and right movement when playing Defender and Stargate.

3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpegF2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpegF2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.