20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.
#951 1 year ago

Mine is now showing movement and supposed to be here Saturday.

#952 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Dragons Lair has landed and packed well per usual. I’ll build it in the morning and report back.[quoted image]

The one game I’ve been waiting for since A1Up started! Excited for mine to get here and looking forward to hearing feedback from people after the build!

#953 1 year ago

So I traded my Ridge Race for a Big Buck hunter a few weeks back and the kids are really enjoying that one. However, there are some build quality issues I need to whine about. The guns are holstered into the machine. You just drop the guns into holes in the cabinet. This is all well and good, but the cords that bring in power, sound, and the monitor connections are loose in there. It is possible (and my kids have done it) to simply put the gun up and unplug the machine from the inside, requiring a screwdriver to open up the back of the machine and fix it. Easily fixed with painters tape, but a huge design flaw.

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So I traded my Ridge Race for a Big Buck hunter a few weeks back and the kids are really enjoying that one. However, there are some build quality issues I need to whine about. The guns are holstered into the machine. You just drop the guns into holes in the cabinet. This is all well and good, but the cords that bring in power, sound, and the monitor connections are loose in there. It is possible (and my kids have done it) to simply put the gun up and unplug the machine from the inside, requiring a screwdriver to open up the back of the machine and fix it. Easily fixed with painters tape, but a huge design flaw.

I don’t see an issue on mine looking through the holes. I did set a blanket at the bottom just for it the lenses hit

6508DF57-CA11-4990-818A-C2C22ADD0F3B (resized).jpeg6508DF57-CA11-4990-818A-C2C22ADD0F3B (resized).jpeg84853A42-D2FF-43C2-9DD5-DF22A833C828 (resized).jpeg84853A42-D2FF-43C2-9DD5-DF22A833C828 (resized).jpeg
#955 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I don’t see an issue on mine looking through the holes. I did set a blanket at the bottom just for it the lenses hit
[quoted image][quoted image]

My kids managed to unplug it a few times just dropping the guns in from the inside before I put up tape. The blanket is a good idea though.

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My kids managed to unplug it a few times just dropping the guns in from the inside before I put up tape. The blanket is a good idea though.

I used a pillow

#957 1 year ago

Someone told me that bug buck hunter is selling over msrp. Is it? Havent looked too hard, but I cant seem to find one at a store... So whats the going price?

#958 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

Someone told me that bug buck hunter is selling over msrp. Is it? Havent looked too hard, but I cant seem to find one at a store... So whats the going price?

Sold out at stores.They have them on A1up site. I've found many in the $300 to $350 range.

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Dragons Lair has landed and packed well per usual. I’ll build it in the morning and report back.[quoted image]

Jealous.

Mine has an exception from last Saturday saying the label was unreadable and had to be replaced. Since then no movement shown and still in CA. Says supposed to be delivered Friday so I guess we'll see...

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

I strongly recommend checking Facebook marketplace for these. Saves 2 hours on assembly too.

#961 1 year ago

First and only 1up for me (been a grail game forever).
Put it together last night and 2 hours is about right.
The cab is nice and the alpha numeric display looks great.
DL.jpgDL.jpg

#962 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jealous.
Mine has an exception from last Saturday saying the label was unreadable and had to be replaced. Since then no movement shown and still in CA. Says supposed to be delivered Friday so I guess we'll see...

Same thing happened with my order…

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from BR80:

First and only 1up for me (been a grail game forever).
Put it together last night and 2 hours is about right.
The cab is nice and the alpha numeric display looks great.
[quoted image]

I was curious how the 2nd display was gonna look. Really excited about this one.

I got my centipede legacy built yesterday. Love the new, real marquee. Volcano buttons are also pretty bad ass.

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

I was curious how the 2nd display was gonna look. Really excited about this one.
I got my centipede legacy built yesterday. Love the new, real marquee. Volcano buttons are also pretty bad ass.

Centipede cab does look great. I'm jealous.

#965 1 year ago

I always like the way the marquee angled out like that. Can't wait to see the profile of it. Fedex as of late has really spotty tracking. your package will go for days without an update, which could be lack of workers. The estimated arrival stays on a date as well and when that date arrives and the package is still a few states away, it won't update. Really weird. Hoping mine will be here on the 2nd as predicted.

#966 1 year ago

Hey FedEx came through! I thought I was gonna have to wait till Tuesday but I pulled in from the movie and it was right there in my driveway going to get it set up here in the next hour and a half. I may have to keep the box in tact has some nice Dragon’s Lair artwork and so nicely packed.

#967 1 year ago

EDIT: Disregard my “continue” gripe. I’ve been used to playing a non-arcade version *(NOPE, set to unlimited)*, apparently. I’ve found a whole new respect for a DL victory!

EDIT 2: Due to alcohol, drugs, and head trauma, it looks like my memory of this game is not reality. Just checked my mini DL here at the office and had the game set to unlimited. Yeah, there's no such thing as continues...

Just got my Dragon's Lair together and turned it on..... it's the damn non-continue version. So, when you die, that's it unless you change the settings to unlimited lives. For those that remember on the continue version, when you die you see dirk angry with his arms crossed, and I think he slowly turns into a skeleton. At that point, you'd have the option to coin up and continue. A1up decided to go with the version that immediately goes back to the demo video, I think this is the version used on the Daphne emulator? When New Age Toys did their mini-cade for DL, they did the continue version, which I love. Kinda disappointed that A1up went with the insta game over version, regardless of the ability to setup infinite lives.

Aside from not being able to continue, the cab looks amazing and all the games look great during play. The upper display and marquee both look amazing as well. The one thing I found odd was with the new sleeved boxes that hold different parts of the cab when you're putting things together. It just felt like an unnecessary extra step to have to slide these boxes out of plastic wrap and then out of a sleeve.

Anyways, the continues! Just don't understand it...

#968 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Hey FedEx came through! I thought I was gonna have to wait till Tuesday but I pulled in from the movie and it was right there in my driveway going to get it set up here in the next hour and a half. I may have to keep the box in tact has some nice Dragon’s Lair artwork and so nicely packed.

Mine showed up today as well. Not going to get around to assembling though for a day or 2. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Re: continue version... Never knew there was such a thing. Whenever I saw it in the arcade, you die and you're starting over.

Jaz

#969 1 year ago

Really disappointed with DL. Time warp is almost unplayable with the loud interface noises and also shows the actions you need to do on the screen. (left,sword,up). DL doesn’t go into attract mode after a game, just sits at the insert coin screen. Really choppy transitions too where the scenes are cut way too short. They definitely didn’t grab the best versions.

#970 1 year ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Mine showed up today as well. Not going to get around to assembling though for a day or 2. Looking forward to seeing how it looks.
Re: continue version... Never knew there was such a thing. Whenever I saw it in the arcade, you die and you're starting over.
Jaz

I did some digging and you’re right about the continues! Played this tons when I was a kid, but too long ago to remember specifics. EDIT:*(I had gotten a cd back in the days with the same three games, but has continues. Then when I played new wave’s mini DL, it was that same version with continues. Being that new wave does really well at detailing their replicas, I figured the continues were a standard.)* NOPE - I'M COMPLETELY WRONG ON ALL OF THIS. WENT BACK TO CHECK AND HAD IT SET TO UNLIMITED LIVES. Wow, three lives to beat the entire game… that’s tough…. I LIKE IT!

I always found DL2 way too hard due to the overly long scenes, so didn’t even bother with it. Space Ace is also pretty hard, but that seems to play just like the versions I remember.

#971 1 year ago

Lucked out and found this used yesterday.. I know people don't love the screen but when you play it looks just great. Game play and cabinet size is all a+++

20220701_223626 (resized).jpg20220701_223626 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#972 1 year ago

You may be able to get Ridge Racer for $350 today at Best Buy, it worked for me. Use this site for a price match request: https://www.rcwilley.com/Electronics/Gaming/Arcade1Up/112666647/Arcade1Up---Ridge-Racer-Stand-Up-Arcade-View

That site charges around $100 for shipping (BBY was free) or I would have just used them. However Best Buy gave me no trouble when I requested the match via online chat.

#973 1 year ago

When does Killer Instinct Pro come out?

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Lucked out and found this used yesterday.. I know people don't love the screen but when you play it looks just great. Game play and cabinet size is all a+++
[quoted image]

I was ok with the screen at first. Then its issues started getting to me. I replaced the crappy screen with a Dell one and it’s an absolute gem now! Looking forward to the Killer Instinct pro cabinet and do hope they start including an upgraded monitor.

#975 1 year ago

Not a 1up but pretty cool I must say. Iircade had a sweet deal on Amazon $499 and I got this retromania themed cab. How can I resist not parking this next to my wrestlefest??

20220710_124914 (resized).jpg20220710_124914 (resized).jpg20220710_153245 (resized).jpg20220710_153245 (resized).jpg
#976 1 year ago

Reference for size of Dragons Lair compared to a pinball machine.
I think the game was made well and brings back memories of loosing a dollar in under 60 seconds.

IMG_8277 (resized).jpegIMG_8277 (resized).jpeg
#977 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Not a 1up but pretty cool I must say. Iircade had a sweet deal on Amazon $499 and I got this retromania themed cab. How can I resist not parking this next to my wrestlefest??

I was looking at these awhile back, curious to see how you like it. Great price!

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Not a 1up but pretty cool I must say. Iircade had a sweet deal on Amazon $499 and I got this retromania themed cab. How can I resist not parking this next to my wrestlefest??[quoted image][quoted image]

I have the standard version and these things are made rock solid.

#979 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Reference for size of Dragons Lair compared to a pinball machine.
I think the game was made well and brings back memories of loosing a dollar in under 60 seconds.
[quoted image]

Nice!!!! It could use about another 4” riser extension. But would go much higher.

#980 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

reference for size of Dragons Lair compared to a pinball machine.

Wow!! You got double the value as what I used to get, LOL I was lucky to get 30 seconds out of a buck.

#981 1 year ago

Is the iiRacde Dragon’s Lair better?

#982 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Is the iiRacde Dragon’s Lair better?

Better in the sense that it's a multicade so you can add lots of games to it.

Arcade1up is much more true to the original with a replica cabinet and the original ROM. If you love love love Dragons Lair - this is the one.

Personally I get tired of the game quickly so it would be pretty furniture in my basement.

#983 1 year ago

Just completed a game of Dragon’s Lair on the A1Up cab. Looks like the sound might be off a hair. Didn’t notice the issue until the final dragon level where Daphne’s voice is not synced with her mouth movement at all. I think due to the rest of the game being grunts and sfx, it’s not noticeable anywhere else. Also don’t notice it in Space Ace or DL2, but I’m not very good at those, so I can only speak for the first parts.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

How do you like the Golden Tee?

I'm hoping they do this same cab but with Golden Tee Fore Complete at some point in the future, that would be an insta-buy for me

#985 1 year ago

Dont know if anyone in here has any interest but i have 13 arcade1up cabinets all on risers (nba jam, tmnt, mk, sf2, golden tee, ms pac man, rampage, final fight, golden axe, simpsons, Centipede, galaga, space invaders) im looking to sell to make more room. Id love to get rid of them all in one shot or in a trade

#986 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

How do you like the Golden Tee?
I'm hoping they do this same cab but with Golden Tee Fore Complete at some point in the future, that would be an insta-buy for me

New Golden Tee 3D plays really really well. Size matters and this thing is much closer to a full size arcade. Track ball is superb.

Surprisingly the big hit is bowling. Kids love it.

#987 1 year ago

I'm really on the fence with these things with my eyes primarily on the "Yay" side.

I love how they're allowing people to own arcade cabs, but the quality and cheapness of these things is undeniable. I also like how their not insanely expensive, especially since they they pretty much offer the same experience as playing the originals, but you also get 2-4 other games thrown in which are also really fun. And then, you know, there's also the emulation piece which doesn't bother me, but pisses a lot of purists off. Personally I'd rather spend the extra money and just get an original cab, but i appreciate how accessible Arcade 1UP had made these games to the general public.

#988 1 year ago

The Joust 40th looks nice. Still may add the Defender wall mount though instead for a total of 5. Super PAC wall, Dragons lair, Tron, Star Wars.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

New Golden Tee 3D plays really really well. Size matters and this thing is much closer to a full size arcade. Track ball is superb.
Surprisingly the big hit is bowling. Kids love it.

Is that the one with Shuffleshot too? That's a fun quick game. Any idea if it would be possible to swap in a Nighthawk-era Golden Tee Live setup?

My wish list for these is Paperboy and Rush the Rock or Rush 2049 linked racing games, although Blitz and Time Crisis later this year are a good step in the right direction. Also, anyone looking for the original 12-in-1 Asteroids/Tempest/Lunar Lander? I'd like to possibly trade for something else.

Edit: For Paperboy, is there an Arcade1up cabinet that would work well for a Paperboy conversion? I have the delisted Xbox 360 version of Paperboy that I bought years ago, so would it be possible to use an old Xbox 360 with a decent control setup like the old handlebars that the original arcade game used?

2 weeks later
#990 1 year ago

Sold a pin this morning and with nothing do to the rest of the day and flush with bills, a dangerous combination of events, I ran around to numerous Best Buys to pick up a bunch of on sale 1ups. Heads up: Everywhere right now Simpsons is $400 with stool ($300 off), and Ridge Racer is $400 (also $300 off). And then I used reward points to get $100 off each of Golden Tee 3D, Terminator 2, and Pac-Mania Legacy. Gonna be a lot of assembling in my near future.

Already have Star Wars Arcade and Big Buck Hunter. Really looking for an Outrun if anyone wants to sell one or knows where to find 'em!

1ups.jpg1ups.jpg

#992 1 year ago

So the MVC2 leak turned out to be true. Curious how they're emulating this one.

https://arcade1up.com/a/page/marvel-vs-capcom-2

Really hoping the Blitz and Time Crisis leaks also come true!

#993 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Sold a pin this morning and with nothing do to the rest of the day and flush with bills, a dangerous combination of events, I ran around to numerous Best Buys to pick up a bunch of on sale 1ups. Heads up: Everywhere right now Simpsons is $400 with stool ($300 off), and Ridge Racer is $400 (also $300 off). And then I used reward points to get $100 off each of Golden Tee 3D, Terminator 2, and Pac-Mania Legacy. Gonna be a lot of assembling in my near future.
Already have Star Wars Arcade and Big Buck Hunter. Really looking for an Outrun if anyone wants to sell one or knows where to find 'em!
[quoted image]

Holy crap.. That is a lot of building for you!

My warning on Simpsons - gets old fast. My buddy just sold it. When you finish the replay value is low.

Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is that the one with Shuffleshot too? That's a fun quick game. Any idea if it would be possible to swap in a Nighthawk-era Golden Tee Live setup?

Yes - Golden Tee 3D has World Class Bowling and Shuffleshot. It's a very good cabinet. It's very approachable and fun when friends come over!

In terms of mods - you could for sure. Rip out the PCB, grab a monitor adaptor and go.

#994 1 year ago

I know 0 about 1up games but thought it would be neat to have 1 if it was priced right. Are either of these bargains I can't live without ?

20220812_163610 (resized).jpg20220812_163610 (resized).jpg20220812_163613 (resized).jpg20220812_163613 (resized).jpg
#995 1 year ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I know 0 about 1up games but thought it would be neat to have 1 if it was priced right. Are either of these bargains I can't live without ?

My gut feeling is with the economy cooling off a bit there should be more Arcade1Ups popping up on Craigslist at reasonable prices, and we may return to the days when you could regularly snag them on clearance at Walmart. So if you're not dying for either of these titles now I might hold off.

I also agree w/ kool1's comment above about the low replayability of Simpsons. Same goes for TMNT and the other "beat 'em ups". Simpsons is a great candidate for modding if you want to do a multi-game cabinet (and are cool with 2 buttons per player or comfortable doing some drilling to add more). But I wouldn't buy one just to play as-is unless you're a huge fan of the original and want it for pure nostalgia value.

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

My warning on Simpsons - gets old fast. My buddy just sold it. When you finish the replay value is low.

I almost bought a Simpson’s Arcade1up yesterday at Best Buy as $400 is a good price. I got there, looked at it, and decided I rather spend $400 towards NFL Blitz when it comes out later this year.

Then, I get home and fired up my Raspberry Pi, play the Simpson’s Arcade game, and beat it in 40 minutes. That would have cost me $10 a minute on the Arcade1up. Being a side scroller beat’em up, there isn’t much replay value.

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I almost bought a Simpson’s Arcade1up yesterday at Best Buy as $400 is a good price. I got there, looked at it, and decided I rather spend $400 towards NFL Blitz when it comes out later this year.
Then, I get home and fired up my Raspberry Pi, play the Simpson’s Arcade game, and beat it in 40 minutes. That would have cost me $10 a minute on the Arcade1up. Being a side scroller beat’em up, there isn’t much replay value.

I have Simpsons on my Legends Coinops . My daughter and I finished the game at Christmas and I have no desire to play it anymore. Lol.

NFL Blitz should be good.

20210731_210214 (resized).jpg20210731_210214 (resized).jpg

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Yeah. It's not hard to put these together, but it sure is tedious.

Quoted from kool1:

It does, and it's not one of my favorite beat-em-ups to begin with (that would be Final Fight) but it also has Simpsons Bowling at least, although it's been so long since I played it I can't remember if it's any good or not. Was a big fan of Capcom Bowling back in the day, even owned one for a few years.

I've found Facebook Marketplace to be a great place to grab Arcade1UPs on the cheap. Got an Outrun 15 minutes away for $500 when people are trying to sell it on ebay for $1000+. Thinking of hitting some local deals tomorrow, someone selling MKII+SFII for $250 for both, and lots of others out there in the $200 or less range. Actually thinking about grabbing someone's Golden Tee 3D for $500, and returning mine still in the box for $600. Saves $100 and I don't have to build it!

#999 1 year ago

Love my simpsons. Bowling is a great party game. The cab is beautiful and a retro smile I get every time I see it. Same with my tmnt in time, and X-men

#1000 1 year ago

I love my golden tee, but I think I might sell it for a golden tee 3D. I think that shuffleshot is a great game, and the wife might actually play it, because I know that she likes it too.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.