20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Yeah, I think the beat'em ups (simpsons,TNMT, etc.) and games like T2 are great for guests and for atmosphere but they don't have very good replay-ability. That's where a shooting game like Big Buck Hunter has the edge but I have no nostalgia for that one and I can't get past the small screen.
Maybe some house rules limiting credits might stretch the longevity -- but you have to get really good to beat the game then as these games were designed, sometimes unfairly to suck quarter out of people.

Yeah, I was joking it had to be a great coin taker to get to the end. Totally designed to eat those quarters. We were constantly hitting continue. Now, we'll try to get more points and cool to have when others come over.

#902 1 year ago

Pulled the trigger on the new Golden Tee 3D cabinet. Their first somewhat full size cabinet, this thing is huge compared to other cabinets on a riser. Viewing angles of the new screen suck, but otherwise it’s going to be a fun cabinet and nice distraction. Kids love the bowling game already.

1E1264B7-DC67-4A3E-9793-8C6AEDBEE0E9 (resized).jpeg1E1264B7-DC67-4A3E-9793-8C6AEDBEE0E9 (resized).jpeg
#903 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Yeah, I was joking it had to be a great coin taker to get to the end. Totally designed to eat those quarters. We were constantly hitting continue. Now, we'll try to get more points and cool to have when others come over.

Probably a dumb idea, but maybe there should be a high score category that keeps track of how many credits it took to complete.

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Pulled the trigger on the new Golden Tee 3D cabinet. Their first somewhat full size cabinet, this thing is huge compared to other cabinets on a riser. Viewing angles of the new screen suck, but otherwise it’s going to be a fun cabinet and nice distraction. Kids love the bowling game already.
[quoted image]

The viewing angle is certainly getting a lot of comments -- do you find it makes much of a difference in a one player at a time game?

#905 1 year ago

The viewing angle is certainly getting a lot of comments -- do you find it makes much of a difference in a one player at a time game?

The viewing angles are not great at all, I understand where all the negative press is coming from. But when your ‘up’ or playing by yourself it’s a non issue. I had a few older cabs on risers, this is soooo much better and the updated screen size is very noticeable. Got me interested in the full size killer instinct that is due later this year.

#906 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

[quoted image]

The M190 19” monitor is the same build as the first generation M170 17” monitor. Yes they are junk. Very narrow viewing angle and are know to have many dead pixels. However there is hope!! You can make a Dell 1908 19” work with the original PCB. You just have to get the right converter board.

#907 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

About 3 months. Actual time spent working on it was about 8 hours. A lot of that was R&D though. Measure this and measure that.

Dang, I just found this thread. Arcademojo, you rock!

#908 1 year ago

My latest build and my first Ms Pac Man 40th anniversary edition 60 in 1 mod. Getting this ready for Allentown show. Have 3 more games to get done before the show.

mp4001 (resized).jpgmp4001 (resized).jpg
#909 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Well, the T2 is a lot of fun, but I'm realizing a problem. You can beat the whole game in no time at all. Then it's the same game again. I forgot how short the game was. Online the one complaint of early reviewers was this cab only has one game. Well, probably wish I would have shared the concern before buying. People hope Arcade1Up will add other shooter games to the cab, but I don't have hopes for that.
Now, my son and I will just have to go for high scores. When we were putting it together I mentioned it had wifi the first thing he said cool, does it have a leaderboard? The kiddos love the leaderboards.

Too bad they didn't include Zombie Raid. It originally ran on the same hardware and some people converted them to T2. Zombie Raid is a long game and freaking hard! I feel like my arm is going to fall off after about 20 minutes of pumping the shotgun.

#910 1 year ago

Still some clearance games out there. Found these at two stores a little over an hour from me.

D4EAB3A3-AD89-49B0-A0BF-27D9CEC3B2FD (resized).jpegD4EAB3A3-AD89-49B0-A0BF-27D9CEC3B2FD (resized).jpeg
#911 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Still some clearance games out there. Found these at two stores a little over an hour from me.

What did you end up paying for those? I do like the look of those PacMan cabs.

#912 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What did you end up paying for those? I do like the look of those PacMan cabs.

$199 each.

1 week later
#913 1 year ago

Took 4 of my modded Arcade1Up’s to Pinfest. They were a big hit with kids and many adults were playing as well. They are running stock joystick and buttons. Probably had a couple hundred plays each without a single problem. Ended up selling 1 and got a few offers I passed on. All and all it was well worth my time bringing them. Always feels good watching others enjoy your games. I plan to bring a few to York show now.

9230C2D3-FA3B-4940-8CEA-1044EB31DEB5 (resized).jpeg9230C2D3-FA3B-4940-8CEA-1044EB31DEB5 (resized).jpeg
#914 1 year ago

Anyone in Southern California want to sell me a Burgertime 1up?

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

My latest build and my first Ms Pac Man 40th anniversary edition 60 in 1 mod. Getting this ready for Allentown show. Have 3 more games to get done before the show.
[quoted image]

I did a 60-1 in a PacMan. They have a perfect game selection!

Quoted from JPloof:

[quoted image]

I hope Arcade 1up goes with larger cabinets going forward, look much better.

#916 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Too bad they didn't include Zombie Raid. It originally ran on the same hardware and some people converted them to T2. Zombie Raid is a long game and freaking hard! I feel like my arm is going to fall off after about 20 minutes of pumping the shotgun.

That would be great. The Arcade1Up community hopes with wifi they'll offer more games. I hope so too.

#917 1 year ago

Any thoughts on the Shaq NBA jam? When I had a retropie going, we found ourselves pretty much playing nba jam half the time so a dedicated cabinet might not be a bad idea. My only concern is that it's still too small for 4 people.

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

That would be great. The Arcade1Up community hopes with wifi they'll offer more games. I hope so too.

That's my issue with the T2 cab where it has only one game, so replayability seems extra limited. I thought that maybe the licensing had restricted the ability of what A1Up could do with the cab in terms of extra games? I know the Outrun cab did an update for adding an additional game (granted it already had a few options), but here's hoping that the T2 cab does the same.

#919 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

That's my issue with the T2 cab where it has only one game, so replayability seems extra limited. I thought that maybe the licensing had restricted the ability of what A1Up could do with the cab in terms of extra games? I know the Outrun cab did an update for adding an additional game (granted it already had a few options), but here's hoping that the T2 cab does the same.

That would be nice. I will say that some single game cabs are more replayable than others. I have a Ridge Racer and Outrun side by side. Outrun is infinately replayable even on just the first game. Ridge Racer is not... (actually need to list it).

#920 1 year ago

Are we talking about the A1Up’s? Both the Outrun and Ridge Racer have more than just the marquee game. T2 is just that with no other options. I think it’s the only A1Up cab with just one game.

#921 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Are we talking about the A1Up’s? Both the Outrun and Ridge Racer have more than just the marquee game. T2 is just that with no other options. I think it’s the only A1Up cab with just one game.

Absolutely true. However, I pretty only much play the original Outrun despite the other games. Took a few hundred times to just get to the end of the course on Outrun.

Rail shooters don't seem like they'd have that much replay value.

It would be great for a company office or waiting room though.

#922 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Finally got Ridge Racer running. Outrun is better, but it is really nice playing this with a proper steering g wheel. Finally got part in to fix Tempest. It is up for trade now. Am probably trading it for a wall mounted partycade and cash. Really like the cheaper wall mount units as I can use the otherwise dead space opposite my pins. I am really enjoying these and am glad I can have them in my arcade. Would like to get a streetfighter when I find one cheap and build out my own picade
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Prob been asked but any way to link two of these to race versus?

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Prob been asked but any way to link two of these to race versus?

Nope.

I just put up my Ridge Racer 1up for trade on Facebook. If anyone is interested in bringing me a Star Wars, T2, Big Buck Hunter, or Golden Tee for this in Crofton Maryland hit me up.

20220522_140811 (resized).jpg20220522_140811 (resized).jpg
#924 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah the AFM were supposed to be released in late 2020.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If the cabinet looked more like a Bally/Williams I'd get one.

#925 1 year ago

Nope.
I just put up my Ridge Racer 1up for trade on Facebook. If anyone is interested in bringing me a Star Wars, T2, Big Buck Hunter, or Golden Tee for this in Crofton Maryland hit me up.
[quoted image]

Why selling Ridge racer not Outrun? Simply enjoy game better or other things stand out?

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Why selling Ridge racer not Outrun? Simply enjoy game better or other things stand out?

Outrun is way more repayable than Ridge Racer. Ridge Racer, although technically 5 different games has a grand total of 5 tracks between them. I still mostly play the original outrun the most of these. I'm also freeing up a bit of space to put an old TV and consoles there. I'd trade for a different 1up listed above though. These have been much easier to move and trade on facebook in my experience than pins.

#927 1 year ago

Nope.
[quoted image]

Looks like I have a Big Buck World 1up coming in trade tomorrow so no longer available. If you are getting tired of your particular 1up I highly recommend putting it on facebook marketplace for sale/trade.

#928 1 year ago

Outrun is way more repayable than Ridge Racer. Ridge Racer, although technically 5 different games has a grand total of 5 tracks between them. I still mostly play the original outrun the most of these. I'm also freeing up a bit of space to put an old TV and consoles there. I'd trade for a different 1up listed above though. These have been much easier to move and trade on facebook in my experience than pins.

OG Outrun still one of the best racing games ever

#929 1 year ago

Looks like I have a Big Buck World 1up coming in trade tomorrow so no longer available. If you are getting tired of your particular 1up I highly recommend putting it on facebook marketplace for sale/trade.

Yeppers, someone showed up with a fully assembled Big Buck Hunter and carted off Ridge Racer. Kids are really liking this one (still need to bring it downstairs). Of note, this game has the option of making the guns semi-automatic... which makes it much easier (and more fun) for little kids. This one seems to be much more replayable than Ridge Racer to me. The light guns seem to work really well as long as you keep them at least 3 feet away from the screen. Really happy with the trade, but know when I'm tired of it I can put it up on Facebook for trade and get something else.

20220525_063040 (resized).jpg20220525_063040 (resized).jpg
#930 1 year ago

I'm going to pick Big Buck up from a rental home and bring it back to my place to mod a bit. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on what monitor to get that will work with that geekboard (or whatever it's called). My plan is pull the stock monitor, rig up a mounting bracket, and get the larger monitor on there (don't care how ridiculous it looks).

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

I'm going to pick Big Buck up from a rental home and bring it back to my place to mod a bit. Can anyone lead me in the right direction on what monitor to get that will work with that geekboard (or whatever it's called). My plan is pull the stock monitor, rig up a mounting bracket, and get the larger monitor on there (don't care how ridiculous it looks).

See my post.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/18#post-6875798

#932 1 year ago

Yeppers, someone showed up with a fully assembled Big Buck Hunter and carted off Ridge Racer. Kids are really liking this one (still need to bring it downstairs). Of note, this game has the option of making the guns semi-automatic... which makes it much easier (and more fun) for little kids. This one seems to be much more replayable than Ridge Racer to me. The light guns seem to work really well as long as you keep them at least 3 feet away from the screen. Really happy with the trade, but know when I'm tired of it I can put it up on Facebook for trade and get something else.[quoted image]

There's a lot to be said for getting these already assembled. I heard someone say that Tron can take 8 hours to assemble -- yikes.

#933 1 year ago

There's a lot to be said for getting these already assembled. I heard someone say that Tron can take 8 hours to assemble -- yikes.

I assembled my Tron in about 1 hour

#934 1 year ago

Do you know any other TVs that might work? If I don't have any recommendations on completely flat screens (on the back-side), I'll probably end up doing the one you mention, but not notching out the cab.

#935 1 year ago

Half the fun is putting things together but maybe that's just me. It took me about an hour and a half to put it together and that was with a bad hip.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Do you know any other TVs that might work? If I don't have any recommendations on completely flat screens (on the back-side), I'll probably end up doing the one you mention, but not notching out the cab.

Quoted from tron1969:

I assembled my Tron in about 1 hour

Quoted from DarthPaul:

Half the fun is putting things together but maybe that's just me. It took me about an hour and a half to put it together and that was with a bad hip.

I've assembeld four now and it is about the equivelant of putting together an Ikea bookshelf. Anyone can do it, but I have averaged about an hour and a half to put each of mine together. Not particularly fun, but not that bad.

I am super happy with my collection of one ups, especially with the Pi-cade playing a gazillion things. I will probably trade out Big Buck Hunter for another game with weird controls in 6 months or so.

The rumored cabinets for the rest of the year include Time Crises and NFL Blitz. I'd be down 100% on Time crises, and would probably move something to take an NFL Blitz down the line

#937 1 year ago

I saw the leak on those two as well. Time Crisis 2 and 3 are two my favorite games ever, and here's hoping they offer some sort of linking ability. Blitz will be a purchase for me, but will probably end up at a rental home like NBA Jam. Jam and Blitz are cool games, but damn I suck at them.

2 weeks later
#938 1 year ago

Has anyone put a mini fridge in their 1up Arcade? I figured you just don’t put in the front panel and slide a fridge in, but I was hoping for some better ideas to make I look better.

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Has anyone put a mini fridge in their 1up Arcade? I figured you just don’t put in the front panel and slide a fridge in, but I was hoping for some better ideas to make I look better.

This one looks pretty nice (in the comments he explains how he did it, doesn't sound too bad).
https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/a0mgv8/incorporated_a_mini_fridge_into_my_arcade1up/

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That was my first one. I ended up selling that game and did another one when I got my Star Wars.

Awesome! And I love the door decals on your v2.

#942 1 year ago

thank you very much. This is what I was looking for. Now I just have to find a game I want to do it to. I was thinking killer Instinct but maybe I will get whatever is on sale. Lol.

1 week later
#943 1 year ago

Apparently Dragon's Lair was completed early (was originally promised "end of summer") Got my shipment notification today!

Jaz

#944 1 year ago

I also got my shipment notice for Dragon's Lair. They caught me off guard, I was hoping to have until the end of summer to make room.
Oh well, first world problems to have. Looking forward to receiving it though. I love my little new wave toys one, but this will be more like the real thing.

#945 1 year ago

Well it will be interesting to see whether they really are shipping. I had done some other preorders with other companies and they had tagged and sent tracking numbers before they were loaded into a container on the other side of the pond. Then when they unloaded in CA they just got handed over to the carrier. Took months after tracking number was sent...

I guess we'll see.

#946 1 year ago

Mine shipped also. Arcade1up has been super reliable with everything I’ve ordered from them. This was a pleasant surprise, and I have no doubt it will be here next week.

#947 1 year ago

FedEx has been really spotty over the past year or so. I take delivery dates with a grain of salt with them. That being said, it still shows they haven't picked up the package yet so doubting it will deliver by Thursday. Granted that could be the shipper as much as FedEx, but overall their tracking system has been bad lately. Pretty excited for Dragon's Lair though to finish off my game room for now.

#948 1 year ago

Well, mine says being delivered today after being notified on Friday....so 3 days... not bad! Will post pictures when it lands.

#949 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

FedEx has been really spotty over the past year or so. I take delivery dates with a grain of salt with them. That being said, it still shows they haven't picked up the package yet so doubting it will deliver by Thursday. Granted that could be the shipper as much as FedEx, but overall their tracking system has been bad lately. Pretty excited for Dragon's Lair though to finish off my game room for now.

FedEx around Cincy is really horrible about updating the tracking. There have been more than a couple times I received packages when it shows they hadn't been picked it up yet. They are really hard on packages too!

#950 1 year ago

Dragons Lair has landed and packed well per usual. I’ll build it in the morning and report back.

244A92A6-C5FF-4B43-9359-E0DF1B21D84D (resized).jpeg244A92A6-C5FF-4B43-9359-E0DF1B21D84D (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/19?hl=moat-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.