20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
20230204_155904 (resized).jpg

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.
#801 2 years ago

Love my Arcade1up's. Mare vs Capcom with street fighter gets the most play followed by Big Buck Hunter

20201204_143504[537] (resized).jpg20201204_143504[537] (resized).jpg20211230_124916[58] (resized).jpg20211230_124916[58] (resized).jpg
#802 2 years ago

Heads up, Walmart currently has Midway Legacy for $249 and Simpsons for $399

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Heads up, Walmart currently has Midway Legacy for $249 and Simpsons for $399

Here're the Walmart links, includes free shipping:

I think Walmart clearance deals are usually store/region specific, but worth a look anyway!

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Here're the Walmart links, includes free shipping:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade-1Up-Mortal-Kombat-Midway-Legacy-12-in-1/994999671
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ARCADE-1UP-The-Simpsons-Arcade-1UP-With-Riser/620999169

I think Walmart clearance deals are usually store/region specific, but worth a look anyway!

Both cabinets have issues but if you can live with them...

MK has a tight deck and poor sightline to the screen (cut off)

Simpsons has poor speakers and the bowling game is abysmal / too easy.

#805 2 years ago

I'm seeing reports the Wal-Mart MK2 doesn't include the riser or a lighted marquee. Anyone confirm that?

Just in case I ordered one from BestBuy, which advertises both features, they price matched Walmart.

I was initially dubious about these machines, but the build quality has gotten better over time. While it's not the same as the real deal, if you can get one for a good price they make for a decent value.

/tangent
I also started collecting those New Wave Toys Replicades. Scratches my nostalgia itch for those mini Coleco 'table top' arcades from the 80's. And the details they include are pretty neat. For example the Dragons Lair includes a replica mini laser disc player.

#806 2 years ago

When are they releasing the machines with the upgraded controls and screen?
I had seen a video on YouTube where they are guessing the price will be about 1K?

#807 2 years ago

I have a spare control deck from a BBH, that they shipped by accident. Anyone need it?

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

I'm seeing reports the Wal-Mart MK2 doesn't include the riser or a lighted marquee. Anyone confirm that?
Just in case I ordered one from BestBuy, which advertises both features, they price matched Walmart.
I was initially dubious about these machines, but the build quality has gotten better over time. While it's not the same as the real deal, if you can get one for a good price they make for a decent value.
/tangent
I also started collecting those New Wave Toys Replicades. Scratches my nostalgia itch for those mini Coleco 'table top' arcades from the 80's. And the details they include are pretty neat. For example the Dragons Lair includes a replica mini laser disc player.

Confirmed. Just got done building one. I had gotten one from Best Buy a while back that came with both the riser and lit marquee, so this was a big middle finger from A1Up. Luckily, this is for a rental home, so don’t care about the lit marquee and I had a spare riser from when these cabs first released. About to start the Simpsons cab and I have a feeling it doesn’t have the stool and sign that came with my Best Buy one. Again, no big deal as it’s for a rental, but that’ll teach me to rush in on a deal without fully reading.

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

The Walmart website picture doesn’t show the riser or marquee so I assume it’s not included. Nice work getting BestBuy to price match the better setup!

#810 2 years ago

The simpsons one was definitely the cheap version walmart sells without all of the accessories like the stool. Im good with just the riser and light up marquee usually.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from jarozi:

/tangent

Quoted from LilRocky:

Confirmed. Just got done building one. I had gotten one from Best Buy a while back that came with both the riser and lit marquee, so this was a big middle finger from A1Up. Luckily, this is for a rental home, so don’t care about the lit marquee and I had a spare riser from when these cabs first released. About to start the Simpsons cab and I have a feeling it doesn’t have the stool and sign that came with my Best Buy one. Again, no big deal as it’s for a rental, but that’ll teach me to rush in on a deal without fully reading.

Walmart sells the MKII in 2 different versions. The one on sale right now for $249 doesn't have the lightup marquee or riser. The one they have for $349 has light marquee and riser.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The Walmart website picture doesn’t show the riser or marquee so I assume it’s not included. Nice work getting BestBuy to price match the better setup!

Yeah, I read "Mortal Kombat Legacy" on both sites, guess that's what threw me. Assumed 'Legacy' included all the extras. Also assumed backlit marquee and riser was standard equipment these days as my first A1UP's (Star Wars & Golden Tee) had them. Have to keep a keen eye out if they're going mix and match between vendors.

#813 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten one of the Arcade1up Infinity game tables yet? Wondering if it is worth it or not, it sounds great so I'm hoping it is.

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Has anyone gotten one of the Arcade1up Infinity game tables yet? Wondering if it is worth it or not, it sounds great so I'm hoping it is.

I’ve heard it is fun! But I haven’t played one

#815 2 years ago

I have 4 of the original games-centipede,galaga,asteroids,and rampage. I got them all at a discount as returns to walmart and did the minor repairs myself. All 4 of the machines have performed as expected. I did replace the spinner for tempest, and I also had a button go bad on asteroids, so I swapped the two player button that never used to the fire position. The galaga I have played a couple games a day on for two years with no issues. No issues with lag or gameplay in any way shape or form. Depending on price, they are a great way to get a arcade experience without the size and weight of a arcade. Not to mention the repairs are easier, and all parts easily available. I certainly can understand they are not the equal of a arcade model,but for the average joe-7/8 is close enough. I think the key reason not to be critical of them, is it is getting more people into the hobby-and thats never a bad thing.

#816 2 years ago

Do any of y'all have the Tron and Atari Legacy (Tempest) cabs sitting side by side? Could you post a picture if so? For anyone who has one or the other, are you Enjoying them still after some time with em? TIA

*Edit, I did see a pic in the gallery, but wouldn't mind more lol.

#817 2 years ago

Marvel Pinball at Walmart $549.00

#818 2 years ago

We will see how this turns out…..

C54319CF-C44B-49A3-A6B5-C2777D6BE3B4 (resized).jpegC54319CF-C44B-49A3-A6B5-C2777D6BE3B4 (resized).jpeg
#819 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

We will see how this turns out…..

I was unaware of this hack. Can you share information on how you set that up?

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Do any of y'all have the Tron and Atari Legacy (Tempest) cabs sitting side by side? Could you post a picture if so? For anyone who has one or the other, are you Enjoying them still after some time with em? TIA
*Edit, I did see a pic in the gallery, but wouldn't mind more lol.

I have Tron and love it. Plays really good and it comes with DOT as well. I would never spend the cash it would take to buy both original games.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

I was unaware of this hack. Can you share information on how you set that up?

This is a full pc and encoder board setup. And 20” monitor.

I need to make a front end and add the other hydro Thunder games. But I wanted to get the encoder working with the stock control deck to make sure!

Here’s Hurricane
98874A0C-092D-4E62-8CF8-236E676EA63C (resized).jpeg98874A0C-092D-4E62-8CF8-236E676EA63C (resized).jpeg

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

This is a full pc and encoder board setup. And 20” monitor.

I need to make a front end and add the other hydro Thunder games. But I wanted to get the encoder working with the stock control deck to make sure!

Here’s Hurricane

Nice! I'm in process with my new Atgames conversion, but I might have to figure that one out down the road. Looks great!

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from dapperdan24:

Nice! I'm in process with my new Atgames conversion, but I might have to figure that one out down the road. Looks great!

What are you doing on the conversion?

Here was the early test with the ultimarc apac

4E7578D8-EFE0-476B-B61D-3949302389A3 (resized).jpeg4E7578D8-EFE0-476B-B61D-3949302389A3 (resized).jpeg
#824 2 years ago

Picked up a used Arcade Pi-cade over the weekend with 4 players specifically to be a able to play 4 player beat em ups with the kids. A Retropi based 1up is the best bang for the buck you can get in a home arcade in my opinion. This thing is awesome, but is a weird hogepodge of parts. It has a homemade stand made of welded metal that could probably hold a safe. It makes the machine stand about 4" taller than a normal 1up. Normally I'd be down for this but it is borderline too tall for my kids. May try to trade for a traditional stand later on. They threw a much larger monitor in here, and the bezel is... welded metal once again. Opening up the back and looking in this is an old Asteroids Deluxe 1up converted to a 4 player via picade before the Simpsons cabinets released. After play testing it for a few weeks I'll probably put a little bit of new art on the front as I'd like to keep this one for a long time. I broke one of the encoders and buttons in moving this thing and had to replace it, but luckily no configurations had to be made to do that.

In other 1up news, these really are easy to buy sell trade. I ended up trading my Tempest 1up for a Pac-Man Partycade, a mini dig dug machine my kids like, and a SNES classic. I then sold the Partycade for $200 after confirming I already had all of the games on my 60 in 1. The Ridge Racer I ordered back in November came in. It's cool, but I don't know that I would recommend this one. It's a fun game, but 3 of the games are Ridge Racer, which mostly has the same tracks. It is not easy to go back and forth between the different versions because the game engine changed and the handling drastically changes on the cars bewteen the three versions. You can't jump between them without severely under correcting or over correcting.

Overall really enjoying my little mini-arcade filled with fake cabinets. I play these just as much as I would the real thing.

20220309_070058 (resized).jpg20220309_070058 (resized).jpg20220309_070105 (resized).jpg20220309_070105 (resized).jpg
#825 2 years ago

Annnd kinda test working

Using a launcher, I use project my screen, to show the windows phone version of hydro Thunder go on the main lcd. Controls still are on the phone for boost and jump, but with the phone attached to the wheel that provides the steering.

4DC9E218-C630-41F3-BC69-FAC4395689DC (resized).jpeg4DC9E218-C630-41F3-BC69-FAC4395689DC (resized).jpegFFBE113D-590A-4BD4-B728-A2EB9A7E2D32 (resized).jpegFFBE113D-590A-4BD4-B728-A2EB9A7E2D32 (resized).jpeg
#826 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Ticket to Ride on the infinity table?~?!?! that is cool
Here is a review
https://www.reviewgeek.com/105504/hands-on-with-ticket-to-ride-for-arcade1ups-infinity-game-table/?fbclid=IwAR04EtwvJcs-hI5dO7XMk98NmIzIX8iY_cebHCkCXbt6bqwrP-7_3L5yysI

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Picked up a used Arcade Pi-cade over the weekend with 4 players specifically to be a able to play 4 player beat em ups with the kids. A Retropi based 1up is the best bang for the buck you can get in a home arcade in my opinion. This thing is awesome, but is a weird hogepodge of parts. It has a homemade stand made of welded metal that could probably hold a safe. It makes the machine stand about 4" taller than a normal 1up. Normally I'd be down for this but it is borderline too tall for my kids. May try to trade for a traditional stand later on. They threw a much larger monitor in here, and the bezel is... welded metal once again. Opening up the back and looking in this is an old Asteroids Deluxe 1up converted to a 4 player via picade before the Simpsons cabinets released. After play testing it for a few weeks I'll probably put a little bit of new art on the front as I'd like to keep this one for a long time. I broke one of the encoders and buttons in moving this thing and had to replace it, but luckily no configurations had to be made to do that.
In other 1up news, these really are easy to buy sell trade. I ended up trading my Tempest 1up for a Pac-Man Partycade, a mini dig dug machine my kids like, and a SNES classic. I then sold the Partycade for $200 after confirming I already had all of the games on my 60 in 1. The Ridge Racer I ordered back in November came in. It's cool, but I don't know that I would recommend this one. It's a fun game, but 3 of the games are Ridge Racer, which mostly has the same tracks. It is not easy to go back and forth between the different versions because the game engine changed and the handling drastically changes on the cars bewteen the three versions. You can't jump between them without severely under correcting or over correcting.
Overall really enjoying my little mini-arcade filled with fake cabinets. I play these just as much as I would the real thing.[quoted image][quoted image]

Kids approve

Resized_20220309_163036 (resized).jpegResized_20220309_163036 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#828 2 years ago

Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08Q31WCY8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00 has the MK II/Mortal Kombat 2 /12 in 1 games with riser and light up Marquee for $325. I just bought one to put next to X-Men vs Streetfighter. I've been eyeing this one since summer of last year, the price is perfect.

#829 2 years ago

I ordered a big buck hunter yesterday, it will be my 6th arcade1up

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Definitely considering Big Buck

#831 2 years ago

Big buck is a solid game. Definitely gets a lot of play at my home and is a favorite of guests.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Big buck is a solid game. Definitely gets a lot of play at my home and is a favorite of guests.

Yep, it’s fun and accurate. Kids love it too

#833 2 years ago

My Big Buck has been a success since day one in terms of people playing it so I'm very happy with it. I also have not done any mods to mine

#834 2 years ago

Big buck is also the one people play the most at my place

#835 2 years ago

Has anyone tried the T2 yet? You can order, but don't know if they are shipping yet.

#836 2 years ago

No big buck hunter for me today....

Screenshot_20220325-094927_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220325-094927_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220325-094946_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220325-094946_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

#837 2 years ago

For everyone buying Big Bucks, I updated mine to bigger screen, weighted guns, and more “clicky” triggers. Made a huge difference.

Actually liked it so much I sold my 1Up and bought a Big Buck Reloaded. Beware on the “gateway” Big Buck drug.

#838 2 years ago

Cool that they exist, but I don't intend on buying any.

Annoying that people sometimes fail to mention in their listings that they're selling a 1up. I wish there was a way to filter them all out...

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from wdbthree:

For everyone buying Big Bucks, I updated mine to bigger screen, weighted guns, and more “clicky” triggers. Made a huge difference.
Actually liked it so much I sold my 1Up and bought a Big Buck Reloaded. Beware on the “gateway” Big Buck drug.

My BBH is the only 1up my kids play I thought about upgrading to the real one but I don't think they would play it there favorite feature is easy mode where it makes the guns semi-automatic! Does the real one have that feature??? I'm also wondering If 1up will be releasing this again in the pro series with the larger cabinet and screen, I just seen that golf Golden Tee got that treatment today so I may be interested in that if it happens.

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Cool that they exist, but I don't intend on buying any.
Annoying that people sometimes fail to mention in their listings that they're selling a 1up. I wish there was a way to filter them all out...

Well, if the price is too good to be true (cheap), it’s a 1Up and not the real deal.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I'm also wondering If 1up will be releasing this again in the pro series with the larger cabinet and screen

You’ve probably seen the YouTube videos, but it’s relatively straightforward to mod 1Up BBH with a bigger screen. Of course that wouldn’t get you the bigger cabinet.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Well, if the price is too good to be true (cheap), it’s a 1Up and not the real deal.

I mean, sure. I know that. But it doesn't change the fact that you have to sift through the clutter of these things in every search on every platform. ‍♂️

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

I mean, sure. I know that. But it doesn't change the fact that you have to sift through the clutter of these things in every search on every platform. ‍

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

I mean, sure. I know that. But it doesn't change the fact that you have to sift through the clutter of these things in every search on every platform. ‍♂️

It doesn’t allow for a minimum price in the search criteria?

#845 2 years ago

I keep checking this thread hoping to hear that someone found a sale on Tron cabs.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I keep checking this thread hoping to hear that someone found a sale on Tron cabs.

I just went ahead and pulled the trigger. Some sites run out of stock now and again (Gamestop for example), so I got scared I would miss it trying to save a few bucks.

I did grab the Pong 4 player pong pub table on sale for $449 since my 3 boys and I can play it. Neat machine! Has anyone put any kind of molding on the edge of the table? Or has anyone covered the table top with any kind of protection? Curious what y'all have done with this one...

#848 2 years ago

Not in Canada. Fuck. Thats one that I want. Cheap Arcade1up’s are not a thing up here; even on the second hand market.
D9B16F80-E83F-449D-84B6-7BF34D8D303F (resized).pngD9B16F80-E83F-449D-84B6-7BF34D8D303F (resized).png

#849 2 years ago

I have the stand up version and it is by far my favorite stock 1up. Took over 400 tries to beat Old School Outrun... on one of the possible routes.

#850 2 years ago

Not in Canada. Fuck. Thats one that I want. Cheap Arcade1up’s are not a thing up here; even on the second hand market.
[quoted image]

Find someone in Detroit to get it for you. If I was closer to the border I’d order it for you

There are 1,346 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.