20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.
#701 2 years ago

Hot off the press!!! Atari Tempest Legacy 12 in 1 cabs on sale now for $269.99 with free shipping. Just bought one!
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/arcade1up-atari-tempest-legacy-edition-full-size-arcade-cabinet/6506411

#702 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Hot off the press!!! Atari Tempest Legacy 12 in 1 cabs on sale now for $269.99 with free shipping. Just bought one!
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/arcade1up-atari-tempest-legacy-edition-full-size-arcade-cabinet/6506411

Damn, that’s temping!

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Description from Target priced at $350:

What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Atari Legacy Edition includes a matching riser, if you need to give it some lift!

Great Find Thanks for posting

#704 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Its a great Cab, well worth the money! I got mine over Xmas, i paid $282.00 free S/H for mine so i guess i got ripped off

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Did A1Up make the spinner better in this game?

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Did A1Up make the spinner better in this game?

I traded a set of used pinstadiums for a NIB one of these Tempest 12 in 1s a few weeks ago. I have been enjoying it. The spinner in the game is fantastic, but the only game that uses it that is included is Tempest. The only negatives I have on this machine are:

1. The trackball is smaller than a real machines. It works fine for Centipede and Millipede but feels small for Crystal Castle and Missle Command (especially).
2. The machine does not cycle through the games available for play like the other ones do and just starts with what is in the upper right corner.. Akka Arrh. You'd think it would boot up to Tempest in "Screen Saver" mode but it doesn't.
3. Half of these are "B" titles.

Thats it on the negative side. The emulation seems on point with these and the machine itself looks neat. The least desirable of NIB Arcade 1 Ups (in my opinion) but still by far the best bang for your buck. If you have nothing like these in your arcade, I highly recommend them as a good mixup from just straight pinball. It's easy enough for my 5 year old to use the menu system.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I traded a set of used pinstadiums for a NIB one of these Tempest 12 in 1s a few weeks ago. I have been enjoying it. The spinner in the game is fantastic, but the only game that uses it that is included is Tempest. The only negatives I have on this machine are:
1. The trackball is smaller than a real machines. It works fine for Centipede and Millipede but feels small for Crystal Castle and Missle Command (especially).
2. The machine does not cycle through the games available for play like the other ones do and just starts with what is in the upper right corner.. Akka Arrh. You'd think it would boot up to Tempest in "Screen Saver" mode but it doesn't.
3. Half of these are "B" titles.
Thats it on the negative side. The emulation seems on point with these and the machine itself looks neat. The least desirable of NIB Arcade 1 Ups (in my opinion) but still by far the best bang for your buck. If you have nothing like these in your arcade, I highly recommend them as a good mixup from just straight pinball. It's easy enough for my 5 year old to use the menu system.

I just ordered one. We have a 1500-1 pandora multicade but just normal joysticks and I bought a 1up big buck hunter last year. Buck hunter is fun so tempest would be a good add I think

#708 2 years ago

Hello All,

a question on the button layout of the Tempest Legacy cabinet. The buttons for Asteroids/Asteroids Deluxe, are they the same as the original cabinet? That is rotate left and right buttons for the left hand and thrust and fire for the right hand? with hyperspace/shield in the middle of those. It's hard to tell in the pics what the layout is.

Thanks!

#709 2 years ago
Quoted from Oscope:

Description from Target priced at $350:
What a game list this is…a dozen classic Atari titles, packed inside! Asteroids®, Centipede®, Major Havoc®, Missile Command®, Akka Arrh, Crystal Castles®, Tempest®, Millipede®, Gravitar® , Liberator™, Asteroids Deluxe® , and Space Duel. ALL included. Switch up to any included game at will, with the easy to navigate on-screen menus. Additionally, this Atari Legacy Edition includes a matching riser, if you need to give it some lift!
Great Find Thanks for posting

Only reason I didn't go with the Tempest cab is my Atgames has and plays all the same games perfectly.

Tempest is a spectacular deal otherwise and the cabinet looks really cool.

#710 2 years ago

I already have the Asteroids and Centipede Partycades or I would be all over this. I also don't know where I would put it.

#711 2 years ago

The kids are liking the new 1up. Astroid deluxe and centipede is there favs so far. Asteroids is so hard and has bad graphics it’s makes them laugh and they are competing against each other

D6CB7D5E-BEE6-47B9-950B-AA602DDDEEEC (resized).jpegD6CB7D5E-BEE6-47B9-950B-AA602DDDEEEC (resized).jpeg
#712 2 years ago

Took 9 months but I finally finished a full game of the original outrun! So many courses to explore. I still haven't even gotten to the other games other than to just try them. So hard!

20220123_144250 (resized).jpg20220123_144250 (resized).jpg
#713 2 years ago

YO! Just picked up a Dragons Lair and Mortal Kombat for $92 each!!!
Hurry up!
Who Dey wish you were here to see this buddy. They've got that beautiful Ms PAC Man for $92 too.
Includes riser AND stool, plus free shipping!

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hurry up!
Who Dey wish you were here to see this buddy. They've got that beautiful Ms PAC Man for $92 too.

Where did you get them?

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hurry up!

Quoted from Happy81724:

Where did you get them?

It's a scam site. The real Arcade1up site keeps fighting it and the scammers just keep making a different site. I hope he was joking. Plastered all over Facebook marketplace. Dragons Lair isn't even released yet.
Man thought us Pinball guys would know better.
Rule number 1. If it sounds too good to be true. It's not true.

#716 2 years ago

Oh no! I opened it on Chrome and it looked legit....fuck

#717 2 years ago

I'm a dumb ass, carry on. Cancelled visa...fuck.
Ive never bought one of these, thought it was just a clearance sale.
Like you said....if it's too good to be true...lol. Fuck me.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh no! I opened it on Chrome and it looked legit....fuck

Arcades1up.us, arcades1up.com (with an S) and arcade1up.us are all scam sites. They have 2 others but forget the names. Yes they look really, really good but are scam sites. Many people in the arcade1up groups I'm in have fell for it. arcade1up.com is the only official site!!!!
Don't feel too bad. I just dropped $600 on the Funhouse 2.0 kit without seeing a real gameplay video or release date yet. Man hope I like it.

#719 2 years ago

Shoulda known better, fuck
$92 for Dragons Lair w stool and riser?
OBV FUCKIN SCAM
FUCK I HATE THIEVES

#720 2 years ago

So, speaking of, Dragons Lair hasn't been released yet?
Might be my tipping point on these.

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

It was announced but they are not up for sale yet. Some of the better games made are Star Wars, Tron, Tempest and outrun. All play really good. The only real problem with Tron is they didn't make the metal shaft inside the flightstick long enough. So there have been a few people that had them snap off at the base. There will be many more that break. It's a design flaw. But you can buy an aftermarket flightstick to solve this problem.
The older gen 1 cabs were dogs.

#722 2 years ago

I have my first dead 1up.

My Arcade Legacy 12 in 1 that I got NIB on a trade (for some pinstadiums) just died. The buttons no longer work, but the trackball does. The result is I now have a cool decoration.

I solicited and got a receipt from the pinsider I got it from (not in anyway his fault... thanks for the help!) and opened up a ticket with ARCADE1up customer support. It will be interesting to see if they send me a new panel or not.

Doing some research online, this particular model has that issue somewhat frequently, and others have had the same issue. I reseated the cables and disassembled all electronic parts to look for issues and found none.

If I can get it working again I will enjoy it for a while and then probably throw it up on facebook as trade for another Arcade 1up. I'd like to convert 1 to a Pandora's box or Retropi. I had a retropi one in the past I should have kept. This particular model would not work well as a 2 player conversion due to the shape of the cabinet. Still a really fun game (when it works) and I recommend these over the Legends still.

#723 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Like Pinball, if it sounds too good to be true it is unless it's from a big chain store.

Dragons Lair like so many things is very delayed. Hopefully this year sometime.

#724 2 years ago

I have my first dead 1up.
My Arcade Legacy 12 in 1 that I got NIB on a trade (for some pinstadiums) just died. The buttons no longer work, but the trackball does. The result is I now have a cool decoration.
I solicited and got a receipt from the pinsider I got it from (not in anyway his fault... thanks for the help!) and opened up a ticket with ARCADE1up customer support. It will be interesting to see if they send me a new panel or not.
Doing some research online, this particular model has that issue somewhat frequently, and others have had the same issue. I reseated the cables and disassembled all electronic parts to look for issues and found none.
If I can get it working again I will enjoy it for a while and then probably throw it up on facebook as trade for another Arcade 1up. I'd like to convert 1 to a Pandora's box or Retropi. I had a retropi one in the past I should have kept. This particular model would not work well as a 2 player conversion due to the shape of the cabinet. Still a really fun game (when it works) and I recommend these over the Legends still.

They will send you a replacement. Just follow the steps to get one.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anecdotally, the DL delay stems from sourcing the digital display above the screen. That will be a fun cabinet, for sure.

#726 2 years ago

I picked up a tempest cab on sale for $280 from Walmart and I have been super happy with it. Controls work good and the game is lots of fun!

#727 2 years ago

Alot of purist don't like them but I think they are great for the space they take up and selection you get.

20220122_144920 (resized).jpg20220122_144920 (resized).jpg20220122_144934 (resized).jpg20220122_144934 (resized).jpg
#728 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Alot of purist don't like them but I think they are great for the space they take up and selection you get.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Correct. I think these are really taking off in the pinball community. Even had follow pin collectors trade their full size video games for one of my modded 1ups. Just to get more room for pins.

#729 2 years ago

Sale announcement!! Best Buy is having a 24 hour sale in the A1up pinballs for $599. With free shipping.

#730 2 years ago

I don't know if this has been said before or not (didn't go through 15 pages of the thread), but the AtGames Legends + CoinOpX on a USB is a superior setup for all games requiring a joystick/trackball/spinner.

The only place I may consider going Arcade1UP is for a gun, racing wheel, or potentially Tron (cuz the cabinet looks cool).

Just my thoughts on the subject.

#731 2 years ago

With the current pinball prices, it would be no wonder if the A1Up:s really took off and got more popular.

#732 2 years ago

I have 9 1ups currently. Are they as good as full size authentic cabs? No. But I really enjoy fighting games and dont have anyone to play with at home. So now I can play online. Actually a decent size little community forming around the online fighting cabs. They’re even hosting tournaments on Friday nights. People are really getting into it and they’re streamed and money is given out to the winners. Even John D the spokesperson for the company joins in.

#733 2 years ago

I worked on that "broken" outrun. I got it to work on site, then a few days later he said it stopped working again. Recognizing pedals/wheel. calibration doesn't fix it. Should I snag it and make it a racing cab? hmmmm outrub pcb isn't for sale on 1up site.

#734 2 years ago

I don't have an Arcade1Up, but my recent video game project is based on an Arcade1Up 60 in 1 conversion kit. I may have some useful information for anyone thinking about going to a 60 in 1...

http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/60in1/index.html

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg

#735 2 years ago

Has anyone done the 20" lcd upgrade to their 1up?

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

I don't have an Arcade1Up, but my recent video game project is based on an Arcade1Up 60 in 1 conversion kit. I may have some useful information for anyone thinking about going to a 60 in 1...
http://www.jeff-z.com/pinball/60in1/index.html
[quoted image]

The 60 in 1 kits are excellent in a 1upcab. I bought a full arcade1up with 60 in 1 already installed from arcademojo on pinside during the York show. Great product and work. 100% recommended.

#737 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Sale announcement!! Best Buy is having a 24 hour sale in the A1up pinballs for $599. With free shipping.

I had the 1up AFM and I strongly suggest passing on them. Cabinet looks fantastic but the game play and graphics are horrible.

Flipper lag is so bad it make them almost unplayable.

#738 2 years ago

The 60 in 1 kits are excellent in a 1upcab. I bought a full arcade1up with 60 in 1 already installed from arcademojo on pinside during the York show. Great product and work. 100% recommended.

I did a 60-1 kit in a PacMan and replace the stick with a Sanwa 4-way.

Plays perfect Ms. PacMan, Donkey Kong and Frogger. All your favorites on that PCB.

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I had the 1up AFM and I strongly suggest passing on them. Cabinet looks fantastic but the game play and graphics are horrible.

I have to agree on the flipper lag on the AFM, but the Star Wars and Marvel play much better.

#740 2 years ago

This has all been said, but here’s my two cents after diving in on the recent Tempest deal.

I’m pleased with the purchase because of price and small footprint. Either of those would have been a dealbreaker. It being light weight is a plus.

All else being equal I would choose the “feel” of a regular arcade cabinet, but based on my sample of 1 I would buy another game from Arcade 1up.

Also, it’s a game that draws some time away from my kids playing pinball the way young kids do. I’m happy to let them depreciate it versus my pins.

#741 2 years ago

Oh ffs now my FB feed is flooded with obvious scam artists. Fuck I hate FB. I've wanted to delete it for years, but then I wouldn't know where any good shows are.
Thought about replacing it with IG, but owned by Zuck Face Fuck too.

#742 2 years ago

Been eyeballing the NBA Jams for awhile now. When is the best sale of year on these? Before Christmas?

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Oh ffs now my FB feed is flooded with obvious scam artists. Fuck I hate FB. I've wanted to delete it for years, but then I wouldn't know where any good shows are.
Thought about replacing it with IG, but owned by Zuck Face Fuck too.

Yeah, FB really needs to clean that shit up. I bought some remote control trucks for my son. They were super cheap plastic and 2 out of the 3 were not functioning. I asked for my money back and they had a response to give me a certain percent or pay super expensive shipping back to china. You could tell that was what they were hoping for was to get a portion of my money because their response was ready as soon as I complained. No questions, just here is what we can give you. I fought it through PayPal and got all my money back and I kept their shitty trucks. I’ll never buy through a FB ad again.

#744 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Been eyeballing the NBA Jams for awhile now. When is the best sale of year on these? Before Christmas?

Sales pop up all the time at different stores. But around black Friday they usually have many sales.
I just got done ordering a Mortal Kombat Legacy 12 in 1 cab from Best Buy a couple of minutes ago. They have them on sale for $399.99 with lighted marquee and matching riser.

#745 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

They did address the flipper lag on AFM on their last update. It's much better but not perfect. Also people have been modding their game with real flipper buttons to cut just a little time off the lag too. I also now see people in the facebook Arcade1up pinball forum posting scores I can't get on my real machine..?? I'm no tournament player but not a bad player either.

#746 2 years ago

The flipper lag is much better on the updated games. I’m still looking for an arcade game I’d like, hoping for a 1942 or Sky Shark or something. I converted a Toyshock pinball to run a Nintendo Switch. I’ll drop a PC in the AFM when the hard drive dies .

84B5DD20-412E-42E4-9614-3784E2FE165A (resized).jpeg84B5DD20-412E-42E4-9614-3784E2FE165A (resized).jpeg
#747 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Has anyone done the 20" lcd upgrade to their 1up?

I've done a couple. Let me tell ya. There is not a lot of meat on the wood monitor frame once you cut it out big enough to fit the monitor in. You definitely want to add a support bar running along the back using the visa mount on the monitor. But those 20" monitors make a huge difference!. Just got an request from a customer wanting a Mortal Kombat Legacy game converted to a Pandora Box playing 2800 games and 20" monitor. Ordered all parts and game today so will have pictures of how I mounted the monitor soon if you need them.

#748 2 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

Those Arcade1Ups (with stands) remind me of the cabaret arcade cabinets from 80s.

#749 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I've done a couple. Let me tell ya. There is not a lot of meat on the wood monitor frame once you cut it out big enough to fit the monitor in. You definitely want to add a support bar running along the back using the visa mount on the monitor. But those 20" monitors make a huge difference!. Just got an request from a customer wanting a Mortal Kombat Legacy game converted to a Pandora Box playing 2800 games and 20" monitor. Ordered all parts and game today so will have pictures of how I mounted the monitor soon if you need them.

I don't get that. At that point why not just buy an unwanted $200 full size cab?
I have a Pandora's Box. Too many games. Not played much.

#750 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pandora Box playing 2800 games and 20" monitor

Where did you order it and does the 3D games actually play well? I have a pandora 1500-1 and MK is horrible. I assume I could just buy this and it would connect the same as my 1500 if it’s better

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.