20220115_064136 (resized).jpg
F2895F3E-AFE5-40A9-A7DF-7DACEE814A9A (resized).jpeg
D51D14E5-63A5-4B8A-B642-97F9AFAB3F51 (resized).jpeg
7B3E265C-9AF7-4821-BB9F-36EC12F87944 (resized).jpeg
9EF0BD08-539B-49CD-BAEC-B0AF51D7404C (resized).jpeg
20211228_122914 (resized).jpg
20211225_201526 (resized).jpg
1640485550164363164512229522454 (resized).jpg

There are 710 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 53 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Got my A1up Tron delivered today but having second thoughts on opening it. The one review on YouTube mentioned the trigger/firing speed is slow compared to the real arcade version. Beating the MCP and spider modes will be hard if the game doesn’t shoot fast enough. Has anybody played it yet and what do you think?

Never take what those 15 minutes of fame youtubers say to heart. I was going to grab one but bought a couple Color DMD's and now need to save for the Funhouse 2.0 kit. But if my 60 in 1 sales pick up I'm grabbing one soon.

#652 50 days ago

Ordered a Defender Partycade from QVC. I like the fact that the control panel is correct for Defender. I don't know why Stargate wasn't included, but I like the other games. At least on this one you can pause a game and adjust the difficulty, number of lives, etc. It should be here this week, but I'm not opening until Xmas. Anyone else have one of these or plan to get one? It's like 1981 all over again.

#653 50 days ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Haha, jake, I posted the same thing on the A1Up tron thread, where that trigger feels stiff and really clicky. It does its job, though. I think the spinner works fine, too. I have the original 12-n-1 with the awful switch spinner, now upgraded, and it’s in no way comparable to that.
I did have an issue with the color changing light below the screen, where it wouldn’t work when I first booted the machine. However, after an update on a power cycle, it now works perfectly.
The blacklit art is awesome and pops like crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Tron looks so good and the height is much better.

Problem is I will never play it. $700 is not pinball money but its still a chunk of change.

Quoted from pinkid:

Ordered a Defender Partycade from QVC. I like the fact that the control panel is correct for Defender. I don't know why Stargate wasn't included, but I like the other games. At least on this one you can pause a game and adjust the difficulty, number of lives, etc. It should be here this week, but I'm not opening until Xmas. Anyone else have one of these or plan to get one? It's like 1981 all over again.

I ordered this game also - I hope it's not crap. I'm also terrible at Defender LOL.

#654 46 days ago

No issues with Tron gameplay at all. I usually upgrade the controls and go to town modding anyway, so I’m sure that will happen eventually, no rush.

I don’t leave pinball machines bone stock so not sure why I’d treat the arcade cabs any different

#655 41 days ago

I bought an Infinity Game Table that is arriving today. It was pretty pricey, but I feel like my kids will love it. It's also something I'd enjoy playing with them. I will report back. I bought it at Khol's at got about $190 cash back

#656 40 days ago

New ollies ad

20211210_075553 (resized).jpg
#657 40 days ago

I couldn't wait for a Arcade1up Dragon's Lair, so I ordered one of these;

Classic64OGA-SOldOut (resized).png
#658 40 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

No issues with Tron gameplay at all. I usually upgrade the controls and go to town modding anyway, so I’m sure that will happen eventually, no rush.
I don’t leave pinball machines bone stock so not sure why I’d treat the arcade cabs any different

That Tron cabinet is pretty nice. Like the game / look but I'm not sure I want to pay $700 for it.

Quoted from DarthPaul:

I couldn't wait for a Arcade1up Dragon's Lair, so I ordered one of these;
[quoted image]

I have a Dragon's Lair iiRcade. Pretty sweet little system.

#659 37 days ago

Missed the big sale on Amazon for Tempest at $250. Sold out! However Walmart has them on sale for $283.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Atari-Tempist-Legacy-Arcade-with-Riser-and-Lit-Marquee/346039418

pasted_image (resized).png
#661 37 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Missed the big sale on Amazon for Tempest at $250. Sold out! However Walmart has them on sale for $283.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Atari-Tempist-Legacy-Arcade-with-Riser-and-Lit-Marquee/346039418[quoted image]

Thanks for the heads-up on this one! I just ordered one for $310 delivered to my door, not bad. I wish Tron was that price and I'd add that one too.
I love my sit down OutRun.

#662 36 days ago

Yeah good spot! Also incredibly good timing as I was wanting one of those Tempest cabs but didn’t want to pay full price. Crazy that the price was back up again by this morning.

#663 36 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Arcade1UP-Atari-Tempist-Legacy-Arcade-with-Riser-and-Lit-Marquee/346039418[quoted image]

Grabbed one from Amazon yesterday.

Not sure where I will put it. Not sure I need it. Price was crazy cheap. I have a lot of issues.

#664 36 days ago

What does everyone think about the New Killer Instinct? I was thinking about picking one up but for $700 not sure.

#665 36 days ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

What does everyone think about the New Killer Instinct? I was thinking about picking one up but for $700 not sure.

I will be getting one when they finally arrive in Australia next year.

#666 36 days ago

Here is my Midway Legenda with a custom oversized 99 Lives control deck. Got the old school IL controls put in so it plays real nice. A lot of fun for what it is.

77B30C5E-F7EF-4DB8-A630-B94FB5EA0549 (resized).jpeg
#667 36 days ago

Do any of the stores have these on display ? I never tried one,so I'm not sure I'd like owning one.

#668 36 days ago
Quoted from ralphs007:

Do any of the stores have these on display ? I never tried one,so I'm not sure I'd like owning one.

I've only saw one on display at the Walmart in Carlisle PA. It was a MS Pac Man and that was a year ago.

1 week later
#669 28 days ago

Finally got that clearance priced Atari Tempest cab and was very pleasantly surprised at how much better the controls are than my OG Atari 12-in-1. Major Havoc plays soooo much better, the spinner resolution is much tighter, and I don’t feel the urge to rPi mod it at all. Best pickup for the money for sure!

#670 28 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Finally got that clearance priced Atari Tempest cab and was very pleasantly surprised at how much better the controls are than my OG Atari 12-in-1. Major Havoc plays soooo much better, the spinner resolution is much tighter, and I don’t feel the urge to rPi mod it at all. Best pickup for the money for sure!

I picked up one of the Tempest cabs as well, but think it's a toss-up against the 12-in-1 (with an upgraded spinner, of course!). I really like the art package on the 12-in-1, where the bezel on the tempest cab is just blank, and I'm not a big fan of this new control layout. I also really like Lunar Lander, which is not on the new package, but Akka Arrh is surprisingly fun. With that said, the tempest cab's spinner is great right out of the box (although the upgraded spinner is still better) and the graphic emulation is larger (wider) on the vertical games in comparison to the 12-in-1.

#671 28 days ago

I have the upgraded spinner in my OG 12-in-1 but I notice now that spinning it super fast makes it not report right, guess I have one of the older interface boards that is now unobtanium.

The swapped games are interesting, asteroids was not my fave but Space Duel is basically modded asteroids in color. Somehow it works for me

#672 28 days ago

I had someone ask me to fix their 1up outrun. Odd issues. But from what I found out. the game was working at purchase (used), when moved home the unit had unresponsive wheel and pedals, but sound worked.

At the time I informed them to ask 1up support for any warranty work. 1up send a new control deck and pedal set.

When I arrived the new control deck and pedals were in, but buttons were flakey and wheel/pedals didn't work. I tried the firmware update, nothing (must of been done already) and then I tried to boot to the calibration menu but the start button didn't work. I ended up just unplugging everything. Reflowed legs/joints on the encoder. And then booted back into calibration mode with only the control deck plugged in. Worked. Then slowly added things in but audio still didn't work.

I swapped the old control deck in with only the on/off and volume in the encoder, on boot volume on the screen popped up but would never work. Thinking there is a issue on the cpu board. But he was happy the game functioned.

Has anyone run into this?

#673 25 days ago

Modded a 1up to run an FPGA Bitkit, ArPicade, and original galaga PCB
Still need t molding on control panel, and marquee.

1640485397711369466648966400994 (resized).jpg16404854166555383621711677568513 (resized).jpg
#674 25 days ago
1640485550164363164512229522454 (resized).jpg
#675 25 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:Modded a 1up to run an FPGA Bitkit, ArPicade, and original galaga PCB
Still need t molding on control panel, and marquee. Put in a 20" Dell monitor and leaf buttons and switches. Joystick is microswitch joystick from tornado terry on ebay.[quoted image][quoted image]

#676 24 days ago

That marquee now looks a little out of place

#677 24 days ago

Picked this up yesterday for $300 used.

20211225_201526 (resized).jpg
#678 23 days ago

Anyone in the Houston area have one of the centipede versions that also has missile command and is looking to sell?. My nephew and his wife played my dedicated games while visiting for X-mas and now have the itch.

#679 22 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anyone in the Houston area have one of the centipede versions that also has missile command and is looking to sell?. My nephew and his wife played my dedicated games while visiting for X-mas and now have the itch.

Walmart still has the Atari 12-in-1 for $315. Think it has those games on it.

#680 22 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Walmart still has the Atari 12-in-1 for $315. Think it has those games on it.

Out of stock.

#681 22 days ago

Try again señor. Shows available for shipping on the app. Free shipping.

#682 22 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Try again señor. Shows available for shipping on the app. Free shipping.

Well their website says out of stock, strange the app is saying different but will check it out.

20211228_122914 (resized).jpg
#683 22 days ago

I have had 50+ originals and spent allot of money trying to get them all in an acceptable in home condition, These cabs are inexpensive, Easy to move and reliable. I have had no lag issues and the new ones (Tron, Starwars, Tempest, GoldenTee) really give you that classic arcade vibe and provide authentic control setups that are difficult to multicade - The only original I have left is donkey kong with an arcade SD multi card in it. If they come out with an A1up DK that will be gone also.

#684 22 days ago
Quoted from tron1969:

I have had 50+ originals and spent allot of money trying to get them all in an acceptable in home condition, These cabs are inexpensive, Easy to move and reliable. I have had no lag issues and the new ones (Tron, Starwars, Tempest, GoldenTee) really give you that classic arcade vibe and provide authentic control setups that are difficult to multicade - The only original I have left is donkey kong with an arcade SD multi card in it. If they come out with an A1up DK that will be gone also.

same. I kept my Pole Position, but everything else is gone. Loving the 1UP Tron.

#685 22 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well their website says out of stock, strange the app is saying different but will check it out.[quoted image]

That’s the years old one, the new version looks like a Tempest but has almost all the same games.

#686 22 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

That’s the years old one, the new version looks like a Tempest but has almost all the same games.

Gotcha, didn't realize that one had a trackball. Thanks.

#687 22 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

The old one also had a horrible spinner. I think the newer version thst looks like a Tempest has a much better spinner design.

#688 22 days ago

I owned both the old 12-1 pictured and the new tempest - night and day difference - better interface, better blacker screen, lit marquee, better trac ball and spinner and great looking cab art. 12-1 had luner lander new one has space duel. Oh and the new one saves all the high scores and millipede isn’t cut off on the left side

#689 18 days ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I bought an Infinity Game Table that is arriving today. It was pretty pricey, but I feel like my kids will love it. It's also something I'd enjoy playing with them. I will report back. I bought it at Khol's at got about $190 cash back

Please do report back. I have been thinking about this as a purchase. I want to hear more reviews first.

1 week later
#690 7 days ago

Hooked up my MK with some blood accents

7B3E265C-9AF7-4821-BB9F-36EC12F87944 (resized).jpeg9EF0BD08-539B-49CD-BAEC-B0AF51D7404C (resized).jpeg
#691 7 days ago

Took advantage of the Black Friday sale one of the decal suppliers were having. This used to be a Centipede with trashed decals. Still have a lot to do to finish it.

D51D14E5-63A5-4B8A-B642-97F9AFAB3F51 (resized).jpegF2895F3E-AFE5-40A9-A7DF-7DACEE814A9A (resized).jpeg
#692 4 days ago

Shuffled up the mini arcade.

First, I can no longer recommend the Legends Arcade available at Sams Club. My control panel died... completely... separate from any game modifications on it. Even with a factory reset it was dead. Looking online I'm not the only one with the problem. A video of it when I sold it is in this link if anyone wants details. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/127688

Even broken, the arcade sold at $200 within 8 minutes of listing on facebook as people love to by the cabinets to mod.

I ended up trading a set of used pinstadiums I wasn't using for the new Tempest cab. It's neat.

On the Arcade1up side I have discovered I can fit 4 machines into a part of my arcade I am not using at all... my back wall. Arcade1up sells "partycades" which are wall mounted and about 7 inches wide. The screen is as big as the original. I just bought the Defender and have been pleasantly surprised. Additionally, the partycades don't seem to hold their value like the 3/4 size cabinets do, so I can pick them up used. There are several about an hour away in the $100 to $200 range. I'll pick more up when they pop up close by.

Right now the plan is to keep my 60 in 1 and outrun 3/4 size cabs (really like them). I will eventually trade out Tempest in favor of a wall mounted partycade Asteroids when I find one. The side wall of my arcade can fit about 5 without going over budgeted space and I really like my outrun and ordered ridge racer. The plan is to slowly fill them with games that require odd peripherals (like racing games). As I find used deals I can slowly trade/rotate these.

Overall the Defender partycade is really neat. There are only controls for one player, but there is a USB input for additional players (never tried it ) and a headphone jack. To my knowledge, outside of the original machine this is the only place I've seen the full and correct button setup for Defender. The other games on it play well and I've been especially been enjoying Rootbeer tapper, gauntlet, rampage, and Defender.

I still recommend the Arcade1ups. Especially if you can get one use. Right now the best deal you can get is a retropi based 3/4 sized multicade built by others (check your local facebook).

20220115_064136 (resized).jpg20220115_064149 (resized).jpg20220115_064210 (resized).jpg20220115_064214 (resized).jpg
#693 4 days ago

Finished the Tapper with 19" monitor today. Was looking for original style bar tap joystick handles but only place I've saw so far was eBay for $120!!!!! LOL no. I did order a set of black bat tops for the two outer joysticks so going to go with that. The game is running a Pandora CX with 2800 games. However I wanted to keep this as a dedicated Bud Tapper so have all games turned off beside the Tapper. Added 2-way gates to the two outer joysticks for more authentic feel. And wired them as button #1. Game is for sale for $650.

tap01 (resized).jpgtap02 (resized).jpg

Added 2 days ago:

And Sold!

#694 4 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I will eventually trade out Tempest in favor of a wall mounted partycade Asteroids when I find one. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Asteroids you say? Well you're in luck. QVC has them one sale right now for $161 You can usually find good deals for Partycades on QVC and HSN. Just have to get them when they have a sale. Glad you still like the Ms Pac Man 60 in 1 I sold you. Also here is a picture of a Ms Pac Man Partycade 60 in 1 I built.

https://www.qvc.com/Arcade1Up-8-Game-PartyCade-Portable-Home-Arcade-Machine.product.E234105.html

mpcp01 (resized).jpg
#695 4 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Added 2-way gates to the two outer joysticks for more authentic feel. And wired them as button #1.

Nice looking reskin! For Tapper, is it playable with a standard joystick (without the gates)? I’m doing a mame mod on an Arcade1Up NBA Jam and am finalizing my game list. I figured Tapper would require the custom controllers but if it works with joysticks I’ll give it a spin.

#696 3 days ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Please do report back. I have been thinking about this as a purchase. I want to hear more reviews first.

My family really enjoys it. Having said that, if you want one, definitely find cheaper on second hand market or on sale. When I bought mine, I got $200 Kohl's cash back with purchase. But yes, try to find when they go on sale. It's great, but not $1k great

#697 3 days ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nice looking reskin! For Tapper, is it playable with a standard joystick (without the gates)? I’m doing a mame mod on an Arcade1Up NBA Jam and am finalizing my game list. I figured Tapper would require the custom controllers but if it works with joysticks I’ll give it a spin.

It’s playable with out the gates. Just wanted to keep it more of an original feel.

#698 2 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Finished the Tapper with 19" monitor today. Was looking for original style bar tap joystick handles but only place I've saw so far was eBay for $120!!!!! LOL no. I did order a set of black bat tops for the two outer joysticks so going to go with that. The game is running a Pandora CX with 2800 games. However I wanted to keep this as a dedicated Bud Tapper so have all games turned off beside the Tapper. Added 2-way gates to the two outer joysticks for more authentic feel. And wired them as button #1. Game is for sale for $650.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Added today: And Sold!

Another happy customer and game sold in the books. Tapper is now sold.

#699 2 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

Shuffled up the mini arcade.
First, I can no longer recommend the Legends Arcade available at Sams Club. My control panel died... completely... separate from any game modifications on it. Even with a factory reset it was dead. Looking online I'm not the only one with the problem. A video of it when I sold it is in this link if anyone wants details. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/127688
Even broken, the arcade sold at $200 within 8 minutes of listing on facebook as people love to by the cabinets to mod.
I ended up trading a set of used pinstadiums I wasn't using for the new Tempest cab. It's neat.
On the Arcade1up side I have discovered I can fit 4 machines into a part of my arcade I am not using at all... my back wall. Arcade1up sells "partycades" which are wall mounted and about 7 inches wide. The screen is as big as the original. I just bought the Defender and have been pleasantly surprised. Additionally, the partycades don't seem to hold their value like the 3/4 size cabinets do, so I can pick them up used. There are several about an hour away in the $100 to $200 range. I'll pick more up when they pop up close by.
Right now the plan is to keep my 60 in 1 and outrun 3/4 size cabs (really like them). I will eventually trade out Tempest in favor of a wall mounted partycade Asteroids when I find one. The side wall of my arcade can fit about 5 without going over budgeted space and I really like my outrun and ordered ridge racer. The plan is to slowly fill them with games that require odd peripherals (like racing games). As I find used deals I can slowly trade/rotate these.
Overall the Defender partycade is really neat. There are only controls for one player, but there is a USB input for additional players (never tried it ) and a headphone jack. To my knowledge, outside of the original machine this is the only place I've seen the full and correct button setup for Defender. The other games on it play well and I've been especially been enjoying Rootbeer tapper, gauntlet, rampage, and Defender.
I still recommend the Arcade1ups. Especially if you can get one use. Right now the best deal you can get is a retropi based 3/4 sized multicade built by others (check your local facebook). [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Grabbed a Defender Partycade also. Huge Defender fan and controls are pretty good.

Still like my Atgames too.
20220101_153802 (resized).jpg

#700 2 days ago

Not arcade1up, but I added one of these to my game room!

549E4292-4E86-40F8-B158-815A6946A140 (resized).jpeg
There are 710 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside