rob02 (resized).jpg
rob01 (resized).jpg
20211014_061532 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211012-201647_Chrome (resized).jpg
cent04 (resized).jpg
cent02 (resized).jpg
cent01 (resized).jpg
39CDBBF9-0481-4F48-B2A2-3819F3B44456 (resized).jpeg

There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 54 days ago
Quoted from buttcheekflipper:

I have a attack from mars 30 game mod, ms pacman, galaga and a final fight. I bought them all under the old pricing model and the final fight was $50 galaga $300 ms pacman $400 Attack was $550.
At the current prices of a1up $6 to $900 I would go legends arcade.
On that note I might have to pony up for one of the racing games.

I've played around with Arcade Legends, but really prefer the look and feel of these, along with being able to have different button layouts. I really like the form factor on these as well. I am slowly trading and switching these around. Just picked up that Ms. Pacman 60 in 1 and will probably get a 4 player retropie conversion for beat em' ups next time one shows up on Facebook. Really like that driving game. I am in the process of selling Pacman and messed up listing it too cheap on facebook. I have over 45 offers in 48 hours, but everyone is trying to take off $50. Next time I'll list a little higher.

Still, lots of fun and a solid recommendation.

I recently sold my gazillion in 1 mame as we were using these machines more and they are the perfect size for my kids. With the possible exception of a full sized 60 in 1 cabinet, I prefer these to full sized machines. Look at their size and footprint as opposed to the pinball back glasses above. I am planning a small row of 5 or 6 of these with the ability to switch them out over time as they will sell on Facebook.

I think the perfect lineup would be (at the moment)

Outrun, Ms Pacman with 60 in 1 conversion, SF2 with Retropie conversion (with favorites list), Big Buck Hunter, Star Wars, and Golden Tee.

The big insta-buys for me I'd like them to release are Sanfrancisco Rush (which may actually happen now that they are releasing 3-d racers with Ridge Racer) Area51/Maximum Force, NFLBlitz, and Gauntlet Legends.

Enough nerding out. Any random unmodified Arcade1up is a solid pickup for an arcade and is a great break from pinball.

20211014_061532 (resized).jpg
#602 54 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The 1up arcade cabinets are decent but don't replace a full size real version of the cabinet. My wife has always wanted a Ms. Pacman machine and I recently suggested the 1 Up version. She said "No Way!" after seeing one at Walmart and asked if I would be happy with a virtual pinball machine. Fair point lol. We bought a new 20th anniversary Namco Ms. Pacman / Galaga full size version instead. It's sure as hell more expensive then the 1 Up cabinet (and heavier lol) but what an awesome experience.
We already have a Hyperspin cabinet with Ms. Pacman and thousands of other games on it. I always thought that was good enough to play any game but after having a real full size cabinet I understand and see her point now! There's something special about playing an arcade game in the proper size, display size, controls, etc.
[quoted image]

Agreed we sprung for the full size Mrs. Pacman Galaga a year ago and no regrets. Looks AWESOME in the basement and everyone who comes over loves the thing!

#603 54 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like it’s coming. I wonder how much they will want for it. 720 next please.
[quoted image]

Tron cabinet looks so good but the game is just so-so.

I dunno..

#604 54 days ago

sataneatscheese

I would be in for BLITZ

#605 54 days ago
Quoted from kool1:

Tron cabinet looks so good but the game is just so-so

I love the Tron movies. One of my favorite franchises of all time.

The game... sucks.

#606 54 days ago

The Tron cabinet is iconic and one of those pieces of gameroom eye candy you can’t ignore.

But yeah, the game blows!

#607 54 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Tron cabinet is iconic and one of those pieces of gameroom eye candy you can’t ignore.

But yeah, the game blows!

So true. That cabinet just oozes nostalgia and badassness.

#608 53 days ago
Quoted from sataneatscheese:

I've played around with Arcade Legends, but really prefer the look and feel of these, along with being able to have different button layouts. I really like the form factor on these as well. I am slowly trading and switching these around. Just picked up that Ms. Pacman 60 in 1 and will probably get a 4 player retropie conversion for beat em' ups next time one shows up on Facebook. Really like that driving game.
Enough nerding out. Any random unmodified Arcade1up is a solid pickup for an arcade and is a great break from pinball.[quoted image]

I love the size of them. Wish I would have picked up a Star Wars when I had the chance. They are hard to come by now. Building a 19 in 1 multi-Williams at the moment for a customer. I have special switch to kill the left right movement of the joystick when playing Defender and Stargate so they play just like the real game. Had this set up in a full size cab years ago and converted to a 1up cab last year. I can fit my 60 and 1, Multi-Williams, Star Wars and Tron when I get it. Along a part of the wall that would only fit 3 full size games. Since they don't stick out from the wall as much it gives more room for people to walk past when having my pinball parties. There isn't a full size video game I would want at this point. I have my full size Ms Pac Man 60 in 1 up for sale at right now and that will be my last full size video out of over 80 that I owned. I just don't see the need for a BIG heavy cab when you can play the same thing on a smaller version.

#609 53 days ago

I purchased one of these when they first came out. it is a 12-1 Asteroids/Centipede. I never assembled it because I am lazy. Interested in the Star Wars and Golden Tee so I can lean all the boxes against each other. Ha! Actually, I would buy a Gorf if they made one.

#610 53 days ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I purchased one of these when they first came out. it is a 12-1 Asteroids/Centipede. I never assembled it because I am lazy. Interested in the Star Wars and Golden Tee so I can lean all the boxes against each other. Ha! Actually, I would buy a Gorf if they made one.

Star Wars and Golden Tee are the best ones IMO.

#611 53 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Star Wars and Golden Tee are the best ones IMO.

Star Wars available anywhere to buy?

#612 53 days ago

I might be moving soon and looking to sell a whole slew of 1ups as the new place wont have enough room for them and the new pins coming. I've seen used prices all over the place. Are the unmodded out of production games worth more? I see people selling first run cabs for crazy prices. Thanks in advance for any advice

#613 53 days ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

I might be moving soon and looking to sell a whole slew of 1ups as the new place wont have enough room for them and the new pins coming. I've seen used prices all over the place. Are the unmodded out of production games worth more? I see people selling first run cabs for crazy prices. Thanks in advance for any advice

Like you said. Prices are all over the place. The first gen 12 in 1 was selling for as high as $1200 on ebay until the Tempest came out.

#614 53 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I love the size of them. Wish I would have picked up a Star Wars when I had the chance. They are hard to come by now. Building a 19 in 1 multi-Williams at the moment for a customer. I have special switch to kill the left right movement of the joystick when playing Defender and Stargate so they play just like the real game. Had this set up in a full size cab years ago and converted to a 1up cab last year. I can fit my 60 and 1, Multi-Williams, Star Wars and Tron when I get it. Along a part of the wall that would only fit 3 full size games. Since they don't stick out from the wall as much it gives more room for people to walk past when having my pinball parties. There isn't a full size video game I would want at this point. I have my full size Ms Pac Man 60 in 1 up for sale at right now and that will be my last full size video out of over 80 that I owned. I just don't see the need for a BIG heavy cab when you can play the same thing on a smaller version.

I'm of the same opinion. I have had quite a few full size arcades. They are good but at the same time I don't enjoy the physical size of them anymore.....and moving them around is back breaking! I can fit more arcade 1ups in the same space and o cam move them around by myself with ease. Plus, at the moment, it is a hell of a lot easier, and cheaper, to buy an arcade1up with multiple games in it, than to buy full size arcade machines.

So far we have got 3 arcade1ups, but I'm looking to add more in the next couple of months. My kids love them too!

#615 53 days ago

Looks like some Walmarts are putting the nba jam cab on clearance. One 30 minutes away from me had 2 under $100 when I got in my car, but they were all gone by the time I was in the store.

#616 51 days ago

I'm on a roll! 4 games done in two weeks. Just finished another special order game for a customer. 19 in 1 Multi Williams. Added a toggle switch to kill the left right movement on player one joystick when playing Defender and Stargate so they play just like the real games. And another switch to jump P1 & P2 buttons to jump and fire so the are closer to the joystick. 19" monitor, remote control lighted marquee and added external volume controller.

rob01 (resized).jpgrob02 (resized).jpg
#617 50 days ago

After a few weeks of getting/playing my gt 1up, I’m happy..12 courses, and it’s light, easily moved, and doesn’t take up much space. My original arcade sized ‘99 gt was to bulky/heavy, and just a tank in comparison. The trackball on the 1up is the same size, but has a bit of a different feel, but play a bunch, and you’ll figure it out. If you’re on the fence, just get 1..lots of fun..

#618 49 days ago

<Chappelle Voice>: "Ya'll got any more of them Trons?!?"

#619 49 days ago

So it looks like Tron is available for pre-order for 699.99. What does everyone think? Worth it?

#620 49 days ago

I preordered one to go next to my Star Wars. Hoping the Dragon's Lair comes out and I'll add that as well.

#621 48 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

So it looks like Tron is available for pre-order for 699.99. What does everyone think? Worth it?

Yeah, it was a must buy for me. Tron is that sweet spot of nostalgia and cool, and even if it's not a game I will play a ton of, will make a sweet addition to the arcade. And yes, going next to the Star Wars My GF even got me a light-up FLYNN sign for the arcade so I guess we're doing this lol.

#622 48 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Yeah, it was a must buy for me. Tron is that sweet spot of nostalgia and cool, and even if it's not a game I will play a ton of, will make a sweet addition to the arcade. And yes, going next to the Star Wars My GF even got me a light-up FLYNN sign for the arcade so I guess we're doing this lol.

I just feel the gameplay is pretty weak on this one but Tron looks so cool in an arcade. I'm trying to decide between Tron and Simpsons. I think we'd have more fun with Simpsons.

#623 48 days ago

When will Target get more Trons in stock and how in the hell do they sell out before A1up’s preorder date?

#624 48 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I just feel the gameplay is pretty weak on this one but Tron looks so cool in an arcade. I'm trying to decide between Tron and Simpsons. I think we'd have more fun with Simpsons.

simpsons will get old very quick. at least tron requires some skill

#625 48 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When will Target get more Trons in stock and how in the hell do they sell out before A1up’s preorder date?

target had their preorders up like last week. they jumped the gun, i guess. don't think it was supposed to be like that, but it be

#626 48 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

They list in batches. It will be back up but who knows when. Probably right after their 10% electrons discount ends.

#627 47 days ago
Quoted from Oaken:

Looks like some Walmarts are putting the nba jam cab on clearance. One 30 minutes away from me had 2 under $100 when I got in my car, but they were all gone by the time I was in the store.

Yeah, I keep reading about people finding NBA Jam for $100 but the best I could find in-stock in the Denver area last weekend was $170. (I used Brickseek and just kept typing in surrounding zip codes until I found one): https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=664728270

Me and my boys had fun building it and have had a lot of fun playing, so I'd say after four days we've had $170 of fun with it already. That said, it feels like an Ikea-quality mini-arcade game so I'm not sure I'd have been psyched to pay full price. Based on the history of these games it seems like holding out for clearance makes sense as they somehow still haven't mastered the supply/demand situation. Though maybe some games they do smaller runs on and they actually do "sell out" at retail?

I don't really care about the online play feature, so I'm already thinking that once the boys get tired of it I'll replace the guts with a PC for MAME (just the 50 or so games I actually want to play, not 6,000 or whatever which sounds like a disaster to me), add an extra button per player so we can play the D&D Capcom games and Samurai Shodown, and swap in an old 20" monitor. There're tons of great YouTube posts on modding these things!

#628 46 days ago

The only Arcade1Up I found worth buying was the NBA Jam + TE + Hangtime cabinet due to the ability to play others online (plenty of active users any time of day). My problem with Arcade1Up cabs as a whole is the fact they're too short (I'm 6' 2") and cabinets without multiplayer not being worth it.

To fix the height-issue, I extended my riser by about 7 inches. When it comes to any other game that Arcade1Up offers, I'd rather build a MAME cab or get a Pandora's Box. Their "pinball" offerings are not even worth mentioning nor do they appear playable (build a VP cab).

#629 44 days ago

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.51.39 AM (resized).png
https://twitter.com/i/status/1452304969198194694

#630 44 days ago

They are going to need a steady supply of machines and techs

#631 44 days ago

And insurance for when someone heaves a game at windows or people!

#632 44 days ago

Maybe Walmart will have some Black Friday deals.

#633 44 days ago

Have these 3 games available right now for sale. All are 60 in 1 conversation with lightup marquess.

87C013E6-2E0D-4459-B6C2-C1EDC67FE6E9 (resized).jpeg
#634 44 days ago

20211023_202800 (resized).jpg

20211023_202747 (resized).jpg
#635 42 days ago

T2 cab was just posted. Didn't expect this one. Was never a fan of this game, but curious to see how the force feedback guns feel.

#636 42 days ago

preordered Tron and just snagged a golden tee. The arcade1up golden tee plays great. I hear tracknfield is coming soon and will be adding that one as well. I like how they are doing these more rare high end arcades that I would never drop $3k plus on.

#637 42 days ago
Quoted from woody76:

preordered Tron and just snagged a golden tee. The arcade1up golden tee plays great. I hear tracknfield is coming soon and will be adding that one as well. I like how they are doing these more rare high end arcades that I would never drop $3k plus on.

i'm getting tron, as well.

a q-bert with q-bert cubes would be great. those cabinets go for $3k plus, especially cubes

#638 42 days ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

T2 cab was just posted. Didn't expect this one. Was never a fan of this game, but curious to see how the force feedback guns feel.

T2... basically $800 for one game with tax (and no Revolution X) is kind of a bummer. Then again, try finding an actual T2 cabinet in the wild for cheap and then the costs for parts that aren't fully made anymore. In a sense for what they're charging, you're better off building your own cab and adding light guns (Sinden, Gun4IR, etc).

#639 42 days ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

T2... basically $800 for one game with tax (and no Revolution X) is kind of a bummer. Then again, try finding an actual T2 cabinet in the wild for cheap and then the costs for parts that aren't fully made anymore. In a sense for what they're charging, you're better off building your own cab and adding light guns (Sinden, Gun4IR, etc).

Agreed. I don’t see this one moving well, but hoping we see a time crisis and/or point blank package in the future, as I’d be in on that. They’ve already been working with Namco, and now we have a 2nd lightgun game, this time with recoil, so fingers crossed.

#640 42 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I'm on a roll! 4 games done in two weeks. Just finished another special order game for a customer. 19 in 1 Multi Williams. Added a toggle switch to kill the left right movement on player one joystick when playing Defender and Stargate so they play just like the real games. And another switch to jump P1 & P2 buttons to jump and fire so the are closer to the joystick. 19" monitor, remote control lighted marquee and added external volume controller.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just a suggestion from a Williams games lover.....the reverse button should be as close as possible to the joystick...the further away from the joystick makes it almost impossible to play....some guys have shaven down the joystick corner to get it closer....also the the jrok mw pcb is very accurate, much better than 19-1, but not cost effective...can be purchase from arcadeshop when they have stock...

anyway just a few comments from a Williams vid guy...

Cheers,

#641 41 days ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Just a suggestion from a Williams games lover.....the reverse button should be as close as possible to the joystick...the further away from the joystick makes it almost impossible to play....some guys have shaven down the joystick corner to get it closer....also the the jrok mw pcb is very accurate, much better than 19-1, but not cost effective...can be purchase from arcadeshop when they have stock...
anyway just a few comments from a Williams vid guy...
Cheers,

I want to see a mini "Duramold" Blaster cabinet from them!

#642 40 days ago

I think a Xybots would be really cool to have.

4 weeks later
#643 11 days ago

Anyone come across any golden tee’s in stock anywhere?

Looking to buy one as a gift for someone.

#644 10 days ago

Got my A1up Tron delivered today but having second thoughts on opening it. The one review on YouTube mentioned the trigger/firing speed is slow compared to the real arcade version. Beating the MCP and spider modes will be hard if the game doesn’t shoot fast enough. Has anybody played it yet and what do you think?

#645 10 days ago

Oh, shizzle, it’s Tron time!

I plan on building it tonight and will post my thoughts on play after that.

662369CD-EC56-4C88-ACE3-2C879062836D (resized).jpeg
#646 10 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Got my A1up Tron delivered today but having second thoughts on opening it. The one review on YouTube mentioned the trigger/firing speed is slow compared to the real arcade version. Beating the MCP and spider modes will be hard if the game doesn’t shoot fast enough. Has anybody played it yet and what do you think?

The trigger is clicky. I can't compare it to original because I never played it.

16380347041263353332795410885320 (resized).jpg
#647 10 days ago

Clicky? How is the firing speed?

#648 10 days ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Clicky? How is the firing speed?

Speed seems fine. Wish I could post a video for you

#649 9 days ago

Haha, jake, I posted the same thing on the A1Up tron thread, where that trigger feels stiff and really clicky. It does its job, though. I think the spinner works fine, too. I have the original 12-n-1 with the awful switch spinner, now upgraded, and it’s in no way comparable to that.

I did have an issue with the color changing light below the screen, where it wouldn’t work when I first booted the machine. However, after an update on a power cycle, it now works perfectly.

The blacklit art is awesome and pops like crazy!

8425A381-EE78-4B15-8C48-3D25E871A886 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpg
#650 9 days ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Haha, jake, I posted the same thing on the A1Up tron thread, where that trigger feels stiff and really clicky. It does its job, though. I think the spinner works fine, too. I have the original 12-n-1 with the awful switch spinner, now upgraded, and it’s in no way comparable to that.
I did have an issue with the color changing light below the screen, where it wouldn’t work when I first booted the machine. However, after an update on a power cycle, it now works perfectly.
The blacklit art is awesome and pops like crazy!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh yes, spinner seems really good. Love the lights on this cab. Probably their best work yet, imo. We'll see if clicky fire button becomes an issue when going for high scores

There are 654 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside