20230312_085253 (resized).jpg
20230220_200930 (resized).jpg
778D6E9B-849E-4541-AC11-A36CA00DB9BF (resized).jpeg
3C145C48-95C6-449B-8DE4-BB87846BC6F3 (resized).jpeg
F2E6C30A-0179-45EC-B899-1D01D6EC73CC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
C1D7384E-C04A-4BF3-B1EC-6A7C94F6CD75 (resized).jpeg
8153D7AF-981A-40BA-940E-6174642FA228 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.
#551 2 years ago

I answered yes the title of this thread "1UP Arcade games, cool or not? Poll added" and took it a step further to make my arcade1up even "cooler".

d9cabaf761d4bd1f04daa010f8bb2ba5d9e6a12f (resized).jpgd9cabaf761d4bd1f04daa010f8bb2ba5d9e6a12f (resized).jpgafdcedf05933f0ad796e1f5b8a8a0b10eef75d47 (resized).jpgafdcedf05933f0ad796e1f5b8a8a0b10eef75d47 (resized).jpgd80a707a09e3822607ff8c57bee9df996577262b (resized).jpgd80a707a09e3822607ff8c57bee9df996577262b (resized).jpg7d1e70c83663138064f3593728b9c527de34655d (resized).jpg7d1e70c83663138064f3593728b9c527de34655d (resized).jpg
#552 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I answered yes the title of this thread "1UP Arcade games, cool or not? Poll added" and took it a step further to make my arcade1up even "cooler".[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WhoDey approved.

#553 2 years ago

Added an arcade1up star wars pinball machine. Honestly surprised I like it after being initially very hesitant.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Aside from their pinball machines, which you can read my posts about in a different forum, I actually think most of these are really well done. I've had their earliest machines up to ones produced now, and aside from the control panel decals rubbing off on the first machine runs, these have held up great in my rental homes.
I used to have arcade machines in my rental homes and I can't tell you how many service calls I would get over the season due to something going wrong. Also, to get a real arcade machine in and out of a home is a nightmare. With these Arcade1ups, if something were to ever go wrong, which nothing has yet, I can stop by WalMart to get something new and one-man a machine switch-out in a home. Just a list of machines I have in various places off the top of my head: SFII, 12-in1, TMNT, BBH, SW, NBA Jam, Mrs. Pac-Man... and crappy AFM pin. Again, aside from decal issues on the control panel of SFII and the 12in1, the only other issue I've ever had is control knobs disappearing, but this can be fixed with a dab of lock-tight. And these machines are getting week after week of use with each new guest.

Dude... you had arcade machines in rental homes??? Did I read that shit right?

That's about the dum...coolest thing I've ever heard. Did you value add it for any specific reason, were tenants appreciative, and why/why/why?

I like it though, I like the cut of your jib

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I answered yes the title of this thread "1UP Arcade games, cool or not? Poll added" and took it a step further to make my arcade1up even "cooler".[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You freaking knocked that out of the park dude - honestly, very impressive

#556 2 years ago
Quoted from chickenscratch:

You freaking knocked that out of the park dude - honestly, very impressive

It wasn't that hard to do if anyone is thinking making their own. You should be able to do this with any Arcade1up. The nice part about using the Star Wars game (other than it scratches my vector games itch for low money) is that it comes with nice riser panels with matching artwork.

See pics below for how to do it. Perfect size fridge is a Newair AB-850B which you can usually find for $200-$250.

sw fridge1 (resized).jpgsw fridge1 (resized).jpgsw fridge2 (resized).jpgsw fridge2 (resized).jpgsw fridge3 (resized).jpgsw fridge3 (resized).jpg9343f2a2b5b333299239718f02233c898dbfaa9c (resized).jpg9343f2a2b5b333299239718f02233c898dbfaa9c (resized).jpg
#557 2 years ago

Pricing on the new cabs is BS at $700. I remember paying $400 on the old TMNT cab and being sour about that price hike, but $700 for the new cab that has the same games and only adds a stool and wifi is pretty upsetting. I see the new XMen cab is also riding the $700 boat. Looking forward to the releases on Tron, T&F, and Dragon's Lair, but not looking forward to the new pricing model.

#558 2 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Pricing on the new cabs is BS at $700. I remember paying $400 on the old TMNT cab and being sour about that price hike, but $700 for the new cab that has the same games and only adds a stool and wifi is pretty upsetting. I see the new XMen cab is also riding the $700 boat. Looking forward to the releases on Tron, T&F, and Dragon's Lair, but not looking forward to the new pricing model.

The only reason I would ever consider paying that much is for specific hardware like the Star Wars yoke, but even then you're only getting 3 games. For $700 you can build an emulation PC in less than a day that can play thousands of games.

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

The only reason I would ever consider paying that much is for specific hardware like the Star Wars yoke, but even then you're only getting 3 games. For $700 you can build an emulation PC in less than a day that can play thousands of games.

True, but I play my One Ups way more than the giant high speed MAME rig sitting next to it because they are easy to use, look neat, and I can have guests over that use it without helping them out every 3 minutes. Slowly expanding my One Ups and will eventually sell/trade the high end MAME. I found I spent more time configuring my MAME than actually playing it.

#560 2 years ago

I keep my eye out for a Star Wars, as soon as I can find one used or bargain binned for the right price I'll grab it. I have thought about a Big Buck but I hear they are kinda crap. I think one or two is ok they are an easy starting point and can introduce people to modding and the arcade hobby in general. I have a MAME cabinet and for me that is the way to go. 1ups just seem like a novelty item that is going the wrong direction price wise. I can't imagine the guys that buy them all, that is one expensive and generally kinda crappy arcade.

The golden rule for MAME is do not put any games on you don't play. These setups with 1000s of just shitty games and countless clones, just way too much hassle.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

True, but I play my One Ups way more than the giant high speed MAME rig sitting next to it because they are easy to use, look neat, and I can have guests over that use it without helping them out every 3 minutes. Slowly expanding my One Ups and will eventually sell/trade the high end MAME. I found I spent more time configuring my MAME than actually playing it.

I agree with much of what you said, which is why I keep my games list to the top 150 I'll actually play. I also plan on upgrading to the Ultimarc RGB LED buttons so they light up appropriately for each game and menus. That way it's self explained. It's a lot of work, but it makes for a fun project and the end result is really fun with tons of flexibility. I'm not knocking people who buy Arcade 1UP machines. I just choose a different path that works for me.

#562 2 years ago

The 1Ups got zero play in my gameroom when I had people over. I had 7 total at most. If anything, I got scoffed at for them, with the typical comment that they look like cheap toys next to my real coin-op pins, arcade cabinets, and MAME cabinet in the game room. I've since old off most of them, as I realized i didn't really play them much either. I do think they're cool toys, tho. Just not for me.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I keep my eye out for a Star Wars, as soon as I can find one used or bargain binned for the right price I'll grab it. I have thought about a Big Buck but I hear they are kinda crap. I think one or two is ok they are an easy starting point and can introduce people to modding and the arcade hobby in general. I have a MAME cabinet and for me that is the way to go. 1ups just seem like a novelty item that is going the wrong direction price wise. I can't imagine the guys that buy them all, that is one expensive and generally kinda crappy arcade.
The golden rule for MAME is do not put any games on you don't play. These setups with 1000s of just shitty games and countless clones, just way too much hassle.

There is nothing really wrong with the Buck Hunter. Game play is really good. Guns work well. Yeah they are not the quality of a real game but not the price either.

#564 2 years ago

Was there a thread for the Arcade1up pinball machine?

(I'm not very good with the search function so I apologize in advance if they have already been discussed)

#565 2 years ago

These aren't worth 700

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from Rshackxd:

Was there a thread for the Arcade1up pinball machine?
(I'm not very good with the search function so I apologize in advance if they have already been discussed)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arcade1up-pinball-star-wars-virtual-pinball-machine-/page/15#post-6319481

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

There is nothing really wrong with the Buck Hunter. Game play is really good. Guns work well. Yeah they are not the quality of a real game but not the price either.

I agree and a much smaller footprint. Serves its purpose for me, I’d rather have the dedicated space for pins and fill in the spaces left with smaller modern arcades to satisfy the arcade craving.

#568 2 years ago

Only had my Buck Hunter for a week but I love it. Granted the cabs are not made as sturdy as their "commercial" counterparts were but they are meant for home use not a business oriented situation.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I don't play my MAME very much. Mostly because I'm not that into vid games much. I used to just scroll and scroll through the games and not play much. It's way too much to have on a system. But...the key is, to put games you like in each system into your favorites, so when you go in there, just hit the favorites button. Helps to keep from endlessly scrolling through games.

#570 2 years ago

I think their awesome especially when modded.

66F2CB5A-02FE-4BDF-B796-579B919AF68D (resized).jpeg66F2CB5A-02FE-4BDF-B796-579B919AF68D (resized).jpeg
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Only had my Buck Hunter for a week but I love it. Granted the cabs are not made as sturdy as their "commercial" counterparts were but they are meant for home use not a business oriented situation.

It is sturdy as much as it needs to be. I believe sturdier than any of my Ikea furniture. I know that is a low bar, but not being sturdy isn't someone needs to worry about.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It is sturdy as much as it needs to be. I believe sturdier than any of my Ikea furniture. I know that is a low bar, but not being sturdy isn't someone needs to worry about.

I'm in full agreement with you. I have 4, Galaga, Pacman, Marvel vs Capcom, and Big Buck Hunter and love them all!

#573 2 years ago

So I have added 2 more 1ups in the past couple of months. I really like these and recommend them over the MAME. Yes you can do so much more on the MAME, but with time and setup. I am constantly having to help my kids with it. I am strongly looking at replacing it with a pi based system and have been looking at these https://arcademodup.com/product/model-w/ .

As to the Arcade 1ups, I got Outrun 1st and am playing it the most. I have so far only played the 1986 Outrun on it, with the goal of beating all of the courses. I have gotten close, but still have not beaten it. Quality is good on the machine, but the petals feel a little cheap. I wouldn't put it in a commercial setting.

The Namco Legends is great fun, and I've been playing different Pacman games I normally wouldn't have messed with. My only complaint on this and the CAPCOM legacy box is how loud the joystick clicks are. I have not played much Street Fighter, but Ghosts and Ghouls is freaking hard. Still have not beat the first level. It's perfect for playing the 1942 shoot' em up and final fight with the kids.

I liked these when they first came out and thought they were too expensive. I figured these would be on facebook for cheap. I was wrong. The going price on these has risen from about $200 to $400 or so this year. I would put these in the category of a used pin where you could buy one, play the crud out of it until you were board with it, and then easily sell it for about what you paid for it.

Arcade 1up (resized).jpgArcade 1up (resized).jpg
#574 2 years ago

Does anyone know when the Killer Instinct 1Up arcade is coming out? That is the only one that has my interest.

#575 2 years ago

So I have added 2 more 1ups in the past couple of months. I really like these and recommend them over the MAME. Yes you can do so much more on the MAME, but with time and setup. I am constantly having to help my kids with it. I am strongly looking at replacing it with a pi based system and have been looking at these https://arcademodup.com/product/model-w/ .
As to the Arcade 1ups, I got Outrun 1st and am playing it the most. I have so far only played the 1986 Outrun on it, with the goal of beating all of the courses. I have gotten close, but still have not beaten it. Quality is good on the machine, but the petals feel a little cheap. I wouldn't put it in a commercial setting.
The Namco Legends is great fun, and I've been playing different Pacman games I normally wouldn't have messed with. My only complaint on this and the CAPCOM legacy box is how loud the joystick clicks are. I have not played much Street Fighter, but Ghosts and Ghouls is freaking hard. Still have not beat the first level. It's perfect for playing the 1942 shoot' em up and final fight with the kids.
I liked these when they first came out and thought they were too expensive. I figured these would be on facebook for cheap. I was wrong. The going price on these has risen from about $200 to $400 or so this year. I would put these in the category of a used pin where you could buy one, play the crud out of it until you were board with it, and then easily sell it for about what you paid for it.[quoted image]

You want to stay away from arcademodup. They had so many complaints they were kicked off the Arcade1up modding group.

#576 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Does anyone here have the Pong Pub Table? I am all about Warlords especially given the cost of a cocktail these days.
[quoted image]

No one with experience with the Pong Pub Table? I was hoping to get some real-world feedback.

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You want to stay away from arcademodup. They had so many complaints they were kicked off the Arcade1up modding group.

Tulsa Arcades / 99 Lives Arcade are my preferred low fuss mod kit vendors.

You get what you pay for.

1 week later
#578 2 years ago

A bit of good news, I see the new Atari Legacy cab is priced at 449 and didn't join the inflated band wagon. Hopefully they fixed the spinner, as the one on the original 12-in-1 was awful, although easy to replace with a good one.

That and the other two legacy builds, Midway and Capcom, are all 449 and available on Amazon right now.

#579 2 years ago

At their old prices I thinks 1Ups are a nice fun purchase for people who like arcades but don't want to fuss with an older machine in terms of size, cost and maintenance. They aren't for traditionalists, but they have the option already of buying real cabinets. Although at the new 1Up prices they are quickly approaching the price of the real cabinets.

I have a Rampage 1up with a Pi4 in it and the Star Wars pinball and they get tons a play during our parties. Mostly the younger kids but even the adults get a kick out of them. My 14 year old daughter who normally doesn't play games puts in games of Joust regularly. I'm happy with my purchases and mods.

A true "to each their own" item.

#580 2 years ago

So what do you guys think of the whole Mike Tyson thing? I can’t see how they could do anything with Nintendo but can’t think of anything else.

#581 2 years ago

I would love to see Star Wars Trilogy or Battlezone made.

#582 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I would love to see Star Wars Trilogy or Battlezone made.

They already released the trilogy Star Wars yoke games. Are you taking about some other trilogy? Battle Zone would be tricky but cool if they pulled it off.

#583 2 years ago

There was the Star Wars trilogy game from sega in the 90’s. That would be a fun one for them to make. I think that is what is being referred to

#584 2 years ago

Unless they do Tron or 720, no more Arcade 1ups for me.

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Unless they do Tron or 720

I wouldn't be surprised to see both of these eventually. I think the future of their platform is games that require specific controls that would be hard to otherwise emulate. The Star Wars game they came out with is a great example of this.

2 weeks later
#586 2 years ago

I have an extra Pac-Man 40th edition for sale if anyone nearby is looking for one (just bought the Legacy version, so swapping out)

These are cool cabs, and it's been a hit in my gameroom. Oddly enough, the Pac-Man is probably the most played game at the moment. After collecting classic arcade machines for the past 10 years, I really appreciate how low maintenance these are, lol. No cap kits or 5v issues!

#587 2 years ago

One of my latest builds for a customer. Wanted it to look more like the original. Now making kits to sell that will will work on Pac Man 40th, Legacy, Ms Pac Man and Super Pac Man. The kit will be for stock monitor and bezel.

5EC2CCD1-83A7-4951-B23F-9815ED647749 (resized).jpeg5EC2CCD1-83A7-4951-B23F-9815ED647749 (resized).jpegCC0D4C10-423A-44B3-B1B3-AC6CAB990597 (resized).jpegCC0D4C10-423A-44B3-B1B3-AC6CAB990597 (resized).jpegEA25D491-6556-4CF9-AEC0-CB7BEC052511 (resized).jpegEA25D491-6556-4CF9-AEC0-CB7BEC052511 (resized).jpeg
#588 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One of my latest builds for a customer.

Where are you getting those carts?

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Where are you getting those carts?

some I built and the one from eBay.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

One of my latest builds for a customer. Wanted it to look more like the original. Now making kits to sell that will will work on Pac Man 40th, Legacy, Ms Pac Man and Super Pac Man. The kit will be for stock monitor and bezel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This looks slick. Where are you selling the kits? This makes me consider buying one of those A1Up Legacy cabs. I just can't get on board with their half-ass non-authentic cabinet designs, but this I truly appreciate.

3 weeks later
#591 2 years ago

Looks like it’s coming. I wonder how much they will want for it. 720 next please.

7DA8C3F6-3BD3-4FBB-9CE6-5E524C519BB1 (resized).jpeg7DA8C3F6-3BD3-4FBB-9CE6-5E524C519BB1 (resized).jpeg
#592 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Looks like it’s coming. I wonder how much they will want for it. 720 next please.
[quoted image]

$700. Available for preorder now.

You can use your Target card and get 5% off, then stack a Target Circle 10% electronics coupon on top. I got one for $600, which is a lot, but I’ve been waiting for Tron.

#593 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

$700. Available for preorder now.
You can use your Target card and get 5% off, then stack a Target Circle 10% electronics coupon on top. I got one for $600, which is a lot, but I’ve been waiting for Tron.

How did you do that? My email from 1up said preorders will open on the 19th.

#594 2 years ago

Target has a page for it, but their website search won't show it.

Currently Sold Out

https://www.target.com/p/arcade1up-tron-home-arcade-with-riser-and-stool/-/A-82686748

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How did you do that? My email from 1up said preorders will open on the 19th.

I pre-ordered a few days ago from Target. Coupons worked great. I just checked again and it says sold out, so they either ran out of stock or 1Up put it on hold.

39CDBBF9-0481-4F48-B2A2-3819F3B44456 (resized).jpeg39CDBBF9-0481-4F48-B2A2-3819F3B44456 (resized).jpeg
#596 2 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Picked up a 60 in 1 conversion from Arcademojo at the York show this weekend. It's awesome!

I made a youtube walkthrough of the machine for anyone that is curious.

Games play just as smooth as the arcade 1up originals, the volume knob is now on top, and the build quality of what he changed is excellent. The only downsides to the conversion I can see are that the machine takes a minute or two to initialize. Kids (4,7,10) are able to use menu system and select games just fine. Thanks!

#597 2 years ago

My latest A1up I built to put up for sale. Brand new Centipede converted to 60 in 1 with Trackball and Joystick. Been waiting on the control panel to come in. Finally got it on Saturday.

cent01 (resized).jpgcent01 (resized).jpgcent02 (resized).jpgcent02 (resized).jpgcent04 (resized).jpgcent04 (resized).jpg
#598 2 years ago

Love my outrun. Think I'm going to get one of these too. Ridge Racer!

Screenshot_20211012-201647_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211012-201647_Chrome (resized).jpg
#599 2 years ago

Love my outrun. Think I'm going to get one of these too. Ridge Racer!
[quoted image]

I've actually never played Ridge Racer before. It came out after my arcade days. I played your outrun several times at the York show and thought it was really good.

#600 2 years ago

I have a attack from mars 30 game mod, ms pacman, galaga and a final fight. I bought them all under the old pricing model and the final fight was $50 galaga $300 ms pacman $400 Attack was $550.

At the current prices of a1up $6 to $900 I would go legends arcade.

On that note I might have to pony up for one of the racing games.

There are 1,353 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1up-arcade-games-cool-or-not-poll-added/page/12?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.