Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by LiNks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

Do you have a budget? If you want something clean and don't want to have to do repairs your best bet is a brand new game or something relatively recent. Failing that look for something that's been restored. All pinball will required minor work but hopefully with a new game it'll be simple and you can call support for help. Your budget will decide what you can get though

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Also forgot.. don't buy a game without seeing it in person.

and if you have any friends who know abit about pinball maybe bring them with you to inspect it as well.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from LiNks:

I have a decent budget, I am the type that will fall for something I love regardless of the cost! I am sure changing bulbs occasionally, maybe some rubbers... just hoping not to have to get involved with wiring, or boards, leaking batteries ect.

I am a bit of a stickler for a clean machine, a HUO will probably be a must. I am not out to get the Ferrari of pinballs first time around, but something to maybe play with for a bigger decision in the future.

Find what games you like then, maybe try and check out the newer sterns like kiss, star trek, metallica, the walking dead if those appeal to you.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

My RBION was my TZ lite heh. Really loving it and many less things to break! Also I can't fit a wide body through my door
    Although I did have to replace the scoop and cliffy on it... but it was a manageable repair I could actually do, so that ruled! It's enormously fulfilling to learn about maintaining these things.
    One last thing OP, get your butt over to modern pinball NYC and play some machines! I joined the league there and aside from learning a lot of skills from the veterans there, you will get to play an ENORMOUS amount of machines and figure out what you like.

God I wish I'd held on to my RBION

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Um, the wide-body is still thinner than the head. So if the head fits . . .
    I think I am going to hear a very strange moving situation. (oh, and in a worst case, the heads come off)

Maybe head comes off and goes through side ways, body just fits through. Only way I can see a regular fitting and wide not

#21 8 years ago

Oh boy, let me tell you. EVERY single head has to come off to fit into my basement. The actual body has maybe a half inch on each side going down the stairs. Luckily this is my dream house and I am in love with all three of my games, so no moving for a LONG time. *knocks on wood*. And to the jerk that framed my stupid 25 inch doors when they built the house in the late 1800's before pinball was a thing, BITE ME

yo sucka you gotta big mouth!

#23 8 years ago

BIDIPO! Nice to see a fellow hardcore "kid" on this thing, cheers!

one of my favourite bands too bad my GB shirt is too small for me these days, I used to be stick thin ~8 years ago

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmanguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-time-buyer?tu=pinmanguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.