4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LiNks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider links.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I am new to the forum but a long time pinball lover and player... I am looking to make my first purchase on a pinball machine for the home. I am a bit of a stickler for clean looking items and not very hands on when it comes to repairs. Was wondering what your opinions would be when buying new or used? I am a fan of the more modern games say from 1990's+ I really love the early 90's data east and williams games too.

Located on Long Island in NY, any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks in advance.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

Do you have a budget? If you want something clean and don't want to have to do repairs your best bet is a brand new game or something relatively recent. Failing that look for something that's been restored. All pinball will required minor work but hopefully with a new game it'll be simple and you can call support for help. Your budget will decide what you can get though

I have a decent budget, I am the type that will fall for something I love regardless of the cost! I am sure changing bulbs occasionally, maybe some rubbers... just hoping not to have to get involved with wiring, or boards, leaking batteries ect.

Quoted from PurpleTophat:

This. It never ceases to amaze me when people ask what are the "best" games in a certain price range. Well, what are the best movies in a certain genre? Best bands? Best songs? Even if you get a general consensus, you might be totally bored with a game that I am competely addicted to, and vice versa.
    I can think of quite a few games that are generally considered great that I have little intetest in. Likewise, I own and love a game that is not typically very well liked. Find as many places in the wild to play as many machines as possible. You will be shocked at games you thought you would love and games you thought you would not being just the opposite.
    Also, since you say you're a stickler for clean looking items, do yourself a favor and spend a bit more on a nice game. A couple of Pinsiders gave me that advice and I am so happy that I spent a bit more for HUO game with low plays. It sounds like you would be too.

I am a bit of a stickler for a clean machine, a HUO will probably be a must. I am not out to get the Ferrari of pinballs first time around, but something to maybe play with for a bigger decision in the future.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

My RBION was my TZ lite heh. Really loving it and many less things to break! Also I can't fit a wide body through my door
    Although I did have to replace the scoop and cliffy on it... but it was a manageable repair I could actually do, so that ruled! It's enormously fulfilling to learn about maintaining these things.
    One last thing OP, get your butt over to modern pinball NYC and play some machines! I joined the league there and aside from learning a lot of skills from the veterans there, you will get to play an ENORMOUS amount of machines and figure out what you like.

I actually hit up Jack Bar the other night in BK and had a lot of fun there. Those games play incredibly fast, no magic in watching your quarters disappear there!

I was playing the Wold Cup Soccer game they had there and being a big soccer fan really loved it! Gonna keep my eyes out for one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    $ 8.95
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 50.00
    Lighting - Led
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 32.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider links.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside