4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by LiNks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

I was in your shoes a month ago and looking for a first machine of the same quality. I bought a really nice Ripley's from a local pinsider with great references and history. Two weeks later I purchased another from a pinsider in NC and had it shipped to me. It was even better than I hoped for. And then another from Paul Drabik of Wanna Pinball. I was very lucky as all were in immaculate shape as described, and I saw none of them in person. Paul's was brand new from Stern so no troubles there. Both used games came with a TON of high resolution pictures and numerous communications before I closed the deals. I took a huge leap of faith that luckily paid off, you really need to trust your instincts and do research on the sellers here. If somebody has a large history of activity here, sales etc... You should be good. What's great is you can save a ton of money by purchasing from a collector here vs. eBay or Craigslist, and generally get a much better quality machine. Of course by all means you should see and play something before you buy. Living in the metro NYC area you have tons of opportunities to do so. Take your time, and watch out for anything that comes from a new member and/or does not have sharp photos of the entire machine including under playfield and back box. For me I decided to stick with post 2000 Sterns as I was also not ready to jump into maintaining an older machine. I've already learned a ton and will probably go for a classic next year. Good luck and have fun!

#14 4 years ago

Ha fair enough taxman! Just putting in my two cents.

I should probably have made a disclaimer to avoid the majority of them as there are a lot of stinkers out there!

For me it was all about compromises. I'd love a twilight zone, or a ton of others from the mid nineties. Just not for a first machine. But that's just me, and as I said my next one will absolutely be a Williams or Ballys. Hit me up if you're ever looking to sell one

#16 4 years ago

My RBION was my TZ lite heh. Really loving it and many less things to break! Also I can't fit a wide body through my door

Although I did have to replace the scoop and cliffy on it... but it was a manageable repair I could actually do, so that ruled! It's enormously fulfilling to learn about maintaining these things.

One last thing OP, get your butt over to modern pinball NYC and play some machines! I joined the league there and aside from learning a lot of skills from the veterans there, you will get to play an ENORMOUS amount of machines and figure out what you like.

#20 4 years ago

Oh boy, let me tell you. EVERY single head has to come off to fit into my basement. The actual body has maybe a half inch on each side going down the stairs. Luckily this is my dream house and I am in love with all three of my games, so no moving for a LONG time. *knocks on wood*. And to the jerk that framed my stupid 25 inch doors when they built the house in the late 1800's before pinball was a thing, BITE ME

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinmanguy:

yo sucka you gotta big mouth!

BIDIPO! Nice to see a fellow hardcore "kid" on this thing, cheers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 249.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 39.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 225.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 5.00
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 29.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gorillabiscuits.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside