(Topic ID: 7461)

1st Shop Job - only one piece unaccounted for...

By Waldo

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by practicalsteve
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hs_bracket.jpeg
photo.JPG

#1 8 years ago

Did my first complete tear down, polish and shop on my Getaway. All said and done have this little guy wondering where his home is? Anyone know?

photo.JPG

#2 8 years ago

i have a getaway cant say i know where that pieces goes

#3 8 years ago

That piece isn't important, Waldo. It just keeps the game from catching on fire.

#4 8 years ago

lol...

#5 8 years ago

good one gweempose

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That piece isn't important, Waldo. It just keeps the game from catching on fire.

Cool I'll throw it away and make sure it's covered in my home owner's policy....

#8 8 years ago

Is that piece broken/jagged ?

#9 8 years ago

Some things to look at while trying to deduce where a piece might go...

1) Are there any screws left over? If not, either you flat out lost a screw, or it should be held in by another screw, in addition to what that screw is holding in.

2) Is there any sign of wear? (especially visible if it's painted, which that looks like it is). If it's got no sign of wear that looks like a ball was hitting it, then it doesn't go someplace that the ball can get to. If it has no other points of wear, that implies that it's not used as a stop for any other mechanical device.

#10 8 years ago

Sometimes you can tell by scrolling through MarcoSpec.com Just shop by game and see if you can find it. Sometimes the name or description will tell you what it's for.

#11 8 years ago

Dammit, I know this. I think. I'm pretty sure it was attached to the supercharger. When I shopped mine I remember taking it off and looking at it, trying to figure out what the hell it was for.

Ok looked at some pics. Check the pic, I think it's the piece above the U-turn where the ball exits the supercharger. I think it was attached to the cab itself, not the playfield.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1000&picno=9782&zoom=1

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

Dammit, I know this. I think. I'm pretty sure it was attached to the supercharger. When I shopped mine I remember taking it off and looking at it, trying to figure out what the hell it was for.

Ok looked at some pics. Check the pic, I think it's the piece above the U-turn where the ball exits the supercharger. I think it was attached to the cab itself, not the playfield.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1000&picno=9782&zoom=1

Man I am not seeing what it is from that pic. Mine looks the same as the pic minus his has a broken plastic piece on the left side....This piece isn't broken or worn in any way. Game seems to play fine without it, still hasn't caught on fire yet either....

#13 8 years ago

Maybe this one is better.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1000&picno=6799

Look at the upper left most part of the playfield, then the metal part above the U-turn plastic. I'm not certain if that's it or not. It seemed to me like a piece to prevent the ball getting stuck in the rear of the pf somewhere. If I hadn't sold mine I'd go look.

#14 8 years ago

I don't have that on mine, looks like a homemade item on that pic. This piece isn't much bigger then a quarter (skinnier but taller by a hair). Thanks for all the help btw.

#15 8 years ago

It goes on top of the post in front of the right upper flipper on top off the plastic, it is a ball trap bracket ..

I rule !

Jim hs_bracket.jpeg

#16 8 years ago

Impressive find! Looks like others are missing that part. All the pics on pinside minus this one didn't have it.

http://images.pinside.com/archive/1d/medium/1d33abfaffd8d40c22dc4aae827948bea26612ae.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Ohh and thanks for making it an easy location and not under the supercharger!!!!

#18 8 years ago

Mine is a original routed beater that is waiting for me to get to ..

Jim

#19 8 years ago

The thread should have read, "Where's Waldo's part go "

Jim

#20 8 years ago

I found that piece on the left entrance to the tunnel over the black post rubber.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Mine is a original routed beater that is waiting for me to get to ..

Jim

Nice, someone has a HS2 that's more disgusting than mine! I have it in the same spot as Jim, but mine is facing to the left, not up.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside