TFTC_headed_to_Arizona_001.JPG
Pinball_etc__TFTC_,_WCS_mods_014.JPG
Pinball_etc__TFTC_,_WCS_mods_004.JPG
Pinball_etc__TFTC_,_WCS_mods_003.JPG
TFTC.JPG
TFTC_&_WCS_016.JPG
TG_,_TFTC_,_ES_,_JP_015.JPG
TG_,_TFTC_,_ES_,_JP_016.JPG
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

> micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater.gifmicheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater.gif

#52 11 years ago

JackonthaRocks ,

Man I'm sorry about the door handle issue , I Never Noticed the Difference
( no Expert on TFTC ) , but after lOOk-n at the Pict's- from the HUO TFTC vs's Your's , I do see Now .
I Hope you know that if I would've spotted this , You Would have Known ( Pinside Would've Known )
The Banker set the Price and you Put Yr Trust in me , so I'm Gonna get w/ the Banker and see what He can do .. I helped him out on his IJ Trade for a HS2 + Cash deal , Some things were Not Brought out w/ HS2 till i Noticed them ( Now HS2 I know from Head to Toe ) and I got the Banker some Extra Cash for those un-told mistakes .. Maybe the Banker will read this & Chime in ..

TFTC_&_WCS_015.JPGTFTC_&_WCS_015.JPG HUO_Single_Owner_TFTC_028.JPGHUO_Single_Owner_TFTC_028.JPG HUO_Single_Owner_TFTC_004.JPGHUO_Single_Owner_TFTC_004.JPG TG_,_TFTC_,_ES_,_JP_015.JPGTG_,_TFTC_,_ES_,_JP_015.JPG

#53 11 years ago

A Lil- History of Yr TFTC , Here's a Link to the Bash where the Administrator Tidalwdave was selling it in Feb- of 09 ,,

http://www.pinballbash.com/TFTCweb/

He Must've bought it back because I bought it from him in 2011 .. The Handle is the same ..
also lOOk at the Tombstone..

#54 11 years ago

More bad luck. Not even 48hrs in the house and left flipper went down. Stays in up position and has power but will not go back to normal state. When I touch it it moves losely unlike the right which has tight feel when push up. Let me know how to fix or off for service call I guess with local guy and have him check the whole game. Also both lights above each of the ramps no longer work.

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not even 48hrs in the house and left flipper went down

Welcome to pinball ownership. I had a flipper go out on a "new to me" High Speed after about 20 plays, even though the flippers had been rebuilt by the seller. (Turns out he didn't replace the eos switches & they should have been.) You're going to have to get used to troubleshooting & repair unless you like paying someone to do it. Besides, fixing these machines is half the fun! Lift the playfield, inspect the assembly & go from there.
You can get an idea of what everything is & does concerning flippers from this excellent thread:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers?replies=63
For your lights, try reseating/replacing the bulbs, reseat molex connectors, etc. Your pin just made a long, bumpy journey. A few things may have jiggled loose during transport.

#56 11 years ago

Pinballs hate being driven around in semi's and they will let you know it!

#57 11 years ago

I Replaced the 3- Flipper coil sleves w/ New 1's .. And to tell the Truth they didn't need it ..

NAVL should've Picked TFTC up at the Banker's .. I'm Hating I ever Touched it now ,,

Put the Pin in Test mode , Solenoid Test and let it go thru the Test's ... Also do a Switch Test ..

Call me if you need anything JOTR ... and the 2-555's w/ Red Condom's ,, wiggle them

Get you a Multi-meter bro ... Beside's the cosmetic spots Yr point-n out , Yr TFTC played Strong

for the week that I owned it and the 1 1/2 yr's The Banker did ..

#58 11 years ago

Sounds lime your flipper bat is cracked.
I had a thread going when I broke mine on TFTC also.

#59 11 years ago

Check the flipper return spring and make sure it didn't simple pop loose.

#60 11 years ago

Being a new pin owner I feel Jacks pain but like SPeD66 said, it comes with the territory.
I have 4 pins now (since April) and the only one that has not given me any trouble is my Bally Black Pyramid.
I just had my Gorgar blow a coil. Had my BK mpu and driver boards blow up and my TFTC had tombstone motor problems and intermittent lighting issues.

My advice....take a deep breath and slowly learn how to fix your machine. Baby steps. Read the wikis, buy the pin repair DVDs. Study pinball ninjas, buy a book and bite the bullet and hire someone if you have to. The key is to learn to do it yourself. I'm still scared but with some Pinside help you will be back up up and running.

Black Rose, I watched your video you did for Jack, don't beat yourself up over this. You're an awesome force here and it's people like you who help make this community.

#61 11 years ago

^^ +1

No such thing as a working pinball machine. Sounds like you have very minor cosmetic and mechanical issues that can be remedied with some thread searching. Good luck... and watch Anchorman!

#62 11 years ago

^^ Great comments above here -- it's just part of owning a machine, but it's easy to learn a lot fast, and once you do, it's very rewarding to fix your own machine(s). Anything worth having takes a little TLC to keep it going -- I wanted a Porsche all my life and it's the exact same thing. Spent $1k on repairs in the first two months of owning one, now going on 5 months with absolutely no issues, but it's a 25 year old german car, so anything can happen any time -- but, boy is it fun to drive! So, give and take there too.

I can also attest to the fact that this machine was playing excellently before it was shipped out. I was there the night B_R did the video with the Banker playing and it was just turned on and playing strong.

Outside of the wonderful information on forums and Web sites here online, I found this book to be incredibly informative for the novice pin repairman -- http://www.amazon.com/Pinball-Machine-Care-Maintenance-Edition/dp/0917510275/ref=sr_1_2 Between reading over it a few times, consulting forums and the web and learning a little old fashioned trial and error way a few times, I completely shopped out my first pin a couple months ago with very strong results, and it was in pretty tough shape to begin with.

#63 11 years ago

Unless you want to shell out lots of money every time something goes wrong, there is more to pinball ownership than just playing your games. Pinballs are large-mechanical games. Things break. Things get out of alignment. Learn to do it yourself. Have you even taken off the glass, lifted the playfield, and inspected the 'broken' flipper? With hundreds of posts on Pinside before your first purchase, I would have hoped that something like this wouldn't surprise you ...

#64 11 years ago

The above advise is great. After reading this thread there are two things I can guarantee. First, B_R would never try to deceive you and I'm not saying you were suggesting that in any way. Second, I almost got out of this hobby because pins ALWAYS break. You really have three options. 1- Learn to work on them 2- Get out of the hobby now 3- Buy new and hope and pray.
Good luck buddy, I was watching to see when you got your pin. Have fun you will enjoy it once you get a few thing worked out.

#65 11 years ago

or option 4 have a friend or know someone who fixes them and have the $$$ ready to go

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

or option 4 have a friend or know someone who fixes them and have the $$$ ready to go

Good point Beer goes a long way with friends help.

#67 11 years ago

Everyone here has already had great comments but I'll add that I'm very much in agreement with the moving of it (getting jostled around in the truck, etc.) is likely where most of what little issues you have with the playability stuff. B_R is definately someone to trust and I feel bad for you and bad for him. Once you get these issues corrected, you'll actually have learned some repair skills that will really pay off huge in the future.

Hang in there!

#68 11 years ago

Jack, what do the pin holes on the playfield look like? Any pics?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#69 11 years ago

yeah, pinballs get pissed when you move them. I hand carried mine into my van, out of my van and into my house and clips in the backbox broke, LEDs fell out of the slingshot sockets, dmd is flaky..and on and on. This is my AFM by the way.

#70 11 years ago
Quoted from Jgel:

The above advise is great. After reading this thread there are two things I can guarantee. First, B_R would never try to deceive you and I'm not saying you were suggesting that in any way. Second, I almost got out of this hobby because pins ALWAYS break. You really have three options. 1- Learn to work on them 2- Get out of the hobby now 3- Buy new and hope and pray.
Good luck buddy, I was watching to see when you got your pin. Have fun you will enjoy it once you get a few thing worked out.

New doesnt guarantee problems. I have had many a problems with TF:LE and ball hang ups on the new Hulk LE already. ACDCBIBLE blows fuses to the flippers almost monthly, strange but true.

I have tried to buy more pins from BR but he just wont take my money. I guess he must not like my popcorn smell on those 20 dollar bills but the one I did get X-files is way better than any other one I seen since they were new. Very pleased. Tried to pay 3k for Pinball MAgic and 6800 for Tron Pro with no luck. It really is incredible to think he has had over 200 pins go thru that garage. if he was selling it I am sure it would work out.

#71 11 years ago

Maybe its a case of buyers remorse. I think the first thing I would change would be the chrome legs, those stand out with the black trim. You said you was never selling it, so CC the playfield and make it into the nicest TFTC around.

#72 11 years ago

More bad luck. Not even 48hrs in the house and left flipper went down. Stays in up position and has power but will not go back to normal state. When I touch it it moves losely unlike the right which has tight feel when push up. Let me know how to fix or off for service call I guess with local guy and have him check the whole game. Also both lights above each of the ramps no longer work.

Consider yourself lucky, now u can start shopping for pin #2 and u dont have to waste time playing TFTC! Kris from www.firebirdpinball.com can help u out.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballAddiction:

Check the flipper return spring and make sure it didn't simple pop loose.

Thanks for the advice and lucky me but the spring did pop off. Back up and running and delivery company came back yesterday to bring it upstairs for its home spot. Review will come and pics as I figure it out. Having a blast with it. This is a pure fun pin for sure. Only three red rubber lights out now. Thanks everyone for help and advice.

#74 11 years ago

Only three red rubber lights out now

Try bending the prongs on the led bulb itself, may just have wiggled away from the contacts on the light socket.....Have fun! Remember, no 18 hour pin benders unless accompanied by woman&beers!

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Try bending the prongs on the led bulb itself, may just have wiggled away from the contacts on the light socket.....Have fun! Remember, no 18 hour pin benders unless accompanied by woman&beers!

Thanks I will try to wiggle them more but can't get them to work. Yes my girlfriend loves the pin and madness multiball on game. Yes loaded up on beer n Jack Daniels as well. How do you go between diagnostics check and adjustments with the two inside buttons and start button.

#76 11 years ago

If you start with the first button depressed it will give you a certain amount of adjustments. It depressed it will give you others. Also you can go forward and backwards the same (depressed and pressed)

#77 11 years ago
Quoted from dlbuller:

If you start with the first button depressed it will give you a certain amount of adjustments. It depressed it will give you others. Also you can go forward and backwards the same (depressed and pressed)

What I mean is it always starts on adjustments and trying to figure out how to switch to diagnostics to test things. It only did it once when glass was off once and can't figure out how to go back or what it means by step button.

#78 11 years ago

Yep. Start with the button down. Then use the other button to navigate through the options. Then try starting with the button up.

#79 11 years ago

Use the start button to go into the tests.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Flipper alignment holes???

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from ScottoKong:

That would be hysterical!

#82 11 years ago

Thanks I will try to wiggle them more but can't get them to work. Yes my girlfriend loves the pin and madness multiball on game. Yes loaded up on beer n Jack Daniels as well. How do you go between diagnostics check and adjustments with the two inside buttons and start button.

Rotate the led bulb 180 and reinsert and see if it works. If it still doesn't switch to a regular bulb and see if it works. If not raise the playfield and find the lights underneath and be sure you didn't have a wire break loose from shipping or if the bulbs are on a board that the connector didn't wiggle free. If not break out the dmm and start more in depth troubleshooting. All part of pinball ownership and congrats on your first game.

#83 11 years ago

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2493/Data_East_1993_Tales_from_the_Crypt_Manual.pdf. Audit functions start on page 11 while Page 25 walks you through diagnostics. Your manual is your friend and if you don't have one I would suggest investing in one.

#84 11 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

Quoted from ScottoKong:

Quoted from yzfguy:

That would be hysterical!

It's Been Really Quiet ,Those Pin Holes are Flipper Alignment holes , I'm Sure you know that now

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

It's Been Really Quiet ,Those Pin Holes are Flipper Alignment holes , I'm Sure you know that now

Its a special kind of person to talk bad about you in the open, then never respond when you try to help him out...

#86 11 years ago

Just trying to enjoy the game at the moment. I will post as time allows but one is a nugget hole just above the flipper where his hand is on the game. They do not appear to be pin holes to me. There really is nothing that can be done since the game is here and payemnt is done. Not talking bad about BR as well. He was great. I just wish I knew it was not orginal handle. I am still having fun with it but wanted perfect or great condition for price I paid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 345.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 64.00
$ 18.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 32.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-pin-for-jackontherocks-tftc/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.