image-490.jpg
image-539.jpg
image-153.jpg
image-203.jpg
image-396.jpg
image-399.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

So black hole was one of the first games I noticed when I got into the hobby a few years ago since it was a system 80 like my first pin James Bond. Tried to deal for a few over the last two years with no luck. Started reading the owners club thread on here again last night and after checking Craigslist with no luck decided to give good old ebay a shot. To my surprise a reasonably priced one appeared, located 7.5 hours away which in my stupidity seems reasonable and it ended today.

Pics and description were lacking. Mostly that no pics of game turned on and missing spinning disk from backglass. Decided to message seller and the couple was nice enough to video call me to give me a tour of the game. Turns out all displays work and they have the spinning disk I got to see it all. Game isn't 100% obviously but not many 33 year old games are.

Sum the story up I bid on it and won for $405....making the drive to pick it up Tuesday morning. Looking forward to having another system 80 especially the black hole. Depending on how well she cleans up I may just upgrade to the pascal board system and delay my next color DMD purchase. Only have a screen grab of the ebay photos for now but will update the thread as I make my trip through the night and into Tuesday morning. Considering going the extra 1.5 hours north from the games location to check out Niagra Falls while I'm that close since I've never been there either.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Nice grab! Good luck I hope it works out well for you.

I'd be excited!!

#3 9 years ago

If it doesn't need to much work it was a steal at that price.

#4 9 years ago

Nice price and great game. Wishin' you luck.

#5 9 years ago

Got my Grand Lizard (my first pin) off eBay for $361. Didn't work, but powered on. Got it working for $0 in parts. Good luck with your Black Hole!

#6 9 years ago

Awesome game, great price. Good luck, hope it turns out well for you!

#7 9 years ago

For that price (even converted to Aus dollars), it's a great pickup, and a bonus bit of sight seeing to boot, Awesome.
Hope it all goes well for you

#8 9 years ago

For that price (even converted to Aus dollars), it's a great pickup, and a bonus bit of sight seeing to boot, Awesome.
Hope it all goes well for you

#9 9 years ago

Way to go tsskinne!
If I was up there in Indiana, I would help you work on it to get it cleaned up & fixed up.
Cool machine. On my wishlist to get one someday.

This would be a great machine to start bringing to expos and festivals, should you ever get interested in doing that.
Some expos/festivals give a free weekend pass (or a 1-day pass) if you bring a machine and have it on free play for others to play.

#10 9 years ago

Whooppss, sorry for the double post, the site glitched on me

#11 9 years ago

Best of luck with that one. I had my eye on it, but couldn't justify adding $350 to ship it or the massive ten hour drive to get it (each way) for me....

Enjoy and keep us posted!

#12 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I've brought a game to PATZ before but unfortunately work schedule doesn't allow for too many other shows. Had to delay pick up until Thursday because I forgot about a meeting I have tomorrow morning. I'm looking at $150-200 in gas but figured still worth it at the price. Hoping for a decent playfield.

#13 9 years ago

So - Remember to take a cart - don't forget your $700. tool bag when you run out quickly . And don't leave your wallet on top of the gas pump .

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So - Remember to take a cart - don't forget your $700. tool bag when you run out quickly . And don't leave your wallet on top of the gas pump .

HA!

#15 9 years ago

On the road to pick up this beast. Got a 12 pack of vanilla coke and a full thermos if coffe. Arrival approx 7 hours or so. Will keep everyone posted may stop for a surprise second game too.

#16 9 years ago

You are a madman!!!! In a good way.

#17 9 years ago

Make sure to eat your Wheaties. That sucker's HEAVY!

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

On the road to pick up this beast. Got a 12 pack of vanilla coke

I like vanilla coke but isn't it a sleep aid even with the caffeine?

#19 9 years ago

If you go thru Buffalo I'll be just getting out of work...Breakfast and some T2 if you want...good luck man.. .........Joey

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That sucker's HEAVY!

Listen to wise o-din. Don't underestimate the weight of this machine.
Do I need to post a picture of Beulah Balbricker for extra clarity? It can be a nut buster.

#21 9 years ago

Definitely check out Niagara falls while you're up that way! As long as you're doing all that traveling, why not? I'm sure you'll be excited to bring your new baby home, but why not take advantage of your proximity to a beautiful natural monument while you're that close? Hell, you can go down the falls in a barrel just like woody woodpecker!

Either way, good luck!

#22 9 years ago

Thanks guys. I'm usually still at work for a few more hours. The vanilla coke is just because I like it not to try to stay awake. Game is already in sellers garage so just sliding it into my car. Niagra falls could happen still haven't decided. How close is Buffalo? I may take you up on your offer. Just drove under the welcome to Ohio sign. Also loaded up on some gas and Cinnabon about 5 minutes ago.

Now going to attempt to record an episode for the one and done podcast, next update coming soon!

#23 9 years ago

Finally successfully recorded a one and done podcast!

#24 9 years ago

My attempt at a one and done podcast , enjoy.

https://app.box.com/s/mjb8od5qxlbki95jr4vd

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

The vanilla come is just because I like it not to try to stay awake.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

#26 9 years ago

Haha thanks vid. I will edit that

#27 9 years ago

Just entering Pennslyvania, a bit over an hour to go getting ready for another gas/rest stop.

#28 9 years ago

You are a pin buying machine, Tommy. Hope it is a nice one...

#29 9 years ago

Tommy,

Good luck w/ the pin.

I couldn't imagine driving that far for a $400 pin.

The last time I drove that distance for a pin it was for a TSPP.

Needless to say, I didn't get it for $400

Drive careful, be safe.

#30 9 years ago

Loaded up. It's my summer vacation so if I didn't do this I'm stuck at home with a chore list from the lady. A night of driving while listening to my podcasts or music is way better than chores plus top it off with a sweet pinball makes me happy. Going to be interesting to see what this game is like. No ground mods, original battery, a rubber blocking access to lower playfield. Also all plastics off lower playfiekd and just sitting on it so pretty sure it hasn't been touched in years. Play field is decent though, pretty much typical black hole wear. Has the spinning disc and motor in separate bag so assuming that doesn't work but....has original manual. Owners were quite proud of that fact haha. Powered up and CPU boots but gane doesn't kick out a ball so I guess start there when I get home. Backglass looks great though I love the infinity glass.

image-399.jpgimage-399.jpg
#31 9 years ago

I hope you have a safe drive back!

#32 9 years ago

Rest stop photo shoot. All the inserts in front of drops need leveled badly.

image-203.jpgimage-203.jpg image-396.jpgimage-396.jpg image-153.jpgimage-153.jpg image-539.jpgimage-539.jpg image-490.jpgimage-490.jpg image-274.jpgimage-274.jpg image-202.jpgimage-202.jpg image-306.jpgimage-306.jpg image-429.jpgimage-429.jpg image-573.jpgimage-573.jpg image-515.jpgimage-515.jpg
#33 9 years ago

Cool....I love pin road trips...!!!...Buffalo is a few minutes from the peace bridge...think it's a bit away from where you went...maybe next time...lol....hope the pin works out great for you......safe trip home.........Joey

#34 9 years ago

Looks like a good game for the money. Just listened to your podcast and it is exactly what I was hoping people would submit. Good stories and now I kind of feel like I know you.

#35 9 years ago

Glad you enjoyed. Getting tired on drive home so taking frequent rest stops. Glad some people are listening and hope it didn't sound too terrible. I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again. It helped pass time on the drive too.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Glad you enjoyed. Getting tired on drive home so taking frequent rest stops. Glad some people are listening and hope it didn't sound too terrible. I enjoyed it and would definitely do it again. It helped pass time on the drive too.

Sound quality was fine and your voice was good also. Most of us don't like the sound of our own voice on recording but no worries. Could hear car tires in background but it was a road trip...that's expected.

#37 9 years ago

Only 400 bucks for Black Hole? You bastard! I love that game. I hope you have to replace everything!

#38 9 years ago

Well it included a 16 hour drive but already has 5 new pop bumper boards and 5 new coils. Needs new motor for disk. See what else when I get it set up at home

#39 9 years ago

17 hours later pulling into my neighborhood. Good trip.

#40 9 years ago

Glad you made it safe! See you Sunday!

#41 9 years ago

Glad you made it home OK Tommy.

That machine should clean up pretty good.

Congrats!!!

#42 9 years ago

I'm afraid flea-bay may have lived up to its name. Game doesn't seem too promising....anyone need some black hole parts?

#43 9 years ago

Why do you say that?

#44 9 years ago

Few fried coils and wires cut underneath play field by their "electrician friend" game isn't doing much. It's salvageable I'm sure just probably too tired to deal with it right now.

#45 9 years ago

I need a very specific part- the metal strip leading into the gravity tunnel the inner shorter one

#46 9 years ago

I remember when I had my black hole for sale that you were looking for one and I was pretty sure you were going to buy it. This one was definitely a better price, and it came with a trip and a story. Now I just hope that it works out and you end up with a game that you can get working.

If not, live and learn, right? There will be another for sale before too long.

Dave

#47 9 years ago

Yeah I'm sure she can be saved. Been up for abut 36 hours now so just need some sleep

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah I'm sure she can be saved. Been up for abut 36 hours now so just need some sleep

That's the right attitude! I'm sure you will get it together!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-flea-bay-purchase-madehopefully-pans-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.