New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 263080)

1st ever bad (possible) pinball transaction in 20 years

By Blenderhead

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by jmountjoy111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 months ago

People, always get photos before driving 250 miles based on a sellers "opinion". I feel like a dumbass/also someone who got hosed, into a possible sale that was based on false info. Someone who is new to pinball would have been hosed on this "deal" IMO. I was offered a "nice" Hokus Pokus for $800. Asked for pics, never got any, but stupidly decided to drive and waste my time and gas, and my girls free time, to go check it out, based on the description I had received. I got there, and the backglass that is "touched up with triple thick but has vibrant colors and looks fine"... Looks like trash. You cannot even read ANY of the balls in play. The cabinets also quite rough, even though described as nice. LESSON LEARNED.NEVER again will I wSte my time on this kind of BS.

3 months later
    #2 5 months ago
    Quoted from Blenderhead:

People, always get photos before driving 250 miles based on a sellers "opinion". I feel like a dumbass/also someone who got hosed, into a possible sale that was based on false info. Someone who is new to pinball would have been hosed on this "deal" IMO. I was offered a "nice" Hokus Pokus for $800. Asked for pics, never got any, but stupidly decided to drive and waste my time and gas, and my girls free time, to go check it out, based on the description I had received. I got there, and the backglass that is "touched up with triple thick but has vibrant colors and looks fine"... Looks like trash. You cannot even read ANY of the balls in play. The cabinets also quite rough, even though described as nice. LESSON LEARNED.NEVER again will I wSte my time on this kind of BS.

Glad to hear you dodge that turd and didn't end up with it...

#3 5 months ago

Unless you know the seller always ask for pics. Lesson learned, but you had a nice drive and spent time with your girl.
    -Mike

#4 5 months ago

Can’t put a price on drive time with your kids.

#5 5 months ago

I’ve driven 5+ hours and left empty handed a few times. A couple of times I explained the issues if it was someone who I could tell was reasonable and ended up making a deal (honestly they only made the deal cause they wanted it gone and knew I was prepared to leave without it lol). It’s frustrating for sure but something you get used to I guess. I almost beat my games up when describing them in a for sale ad so I don’t be that guys that disappoints someone who drove so far. I’d rather them be pleasantly surprised than pissed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 30.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 199.99
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Apron Envy
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 125.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 179.99
    $ 29.50
    Boards
    Pinball Haus
    $ 179.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.00
    $ 14.95
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 209.00
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 259.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside